We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

ANOTHER bugged quest in Wildermore (possible spoilers)

I was fortunate enough to get GM assistance before cuthbald's farm was disabled.
    However, I'm now on the last quest, "Final Stand" and I've found a pretty serious bug.

I was AFK when the instance loaded, and as a result, the dialogue went on without my notice. When the NPCs moved ahead, a barrier was put up, and as a result, I cannot get through to Nurzum. I've left and come back in, and left, killed myself and come back in, and both times, I've come back and the instance is where it was left off. This is ridiculous. Wildermore is one of the worst launches I've seen in LOTRO, and to be brutally honest, that's saying something.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001f87c4/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Mac Player; Gladden- Tribal- Thronst- 85 Champion; Aranair, 85 Captain; Edhelrod, 59 Warden

LOL and when I say that its not at you OP its the company I'm laughing at. The problems you describe do not surprise me any more. Did you try abandoning the quest and retaking it? We are sharing a mutual disgust with the way things are being done.

I think I see a shark up ahead, time to jump it?

When you mention you left the instance, do you mean you left the instance using the Leave Instance selection or did you actually cancel the quest? At this point if you haven't cancelled already if I were you I would cancel it completely to reset it completely. Leaving the instance without cancelling will do what you are describing. Just a suggestion, hope it helps.
    [B]Crafting - Explorer - Tailor/Forestor/Prospector - 9s Across the Board[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmuar View Post
    When you mention you left the instance, do you mean you left the instance using the Leave Instance selection or did you actually cancel the quest? At this point if you haven't cancelled already if I were you I would cancel it completely to reset it completely. Leaving the instance without cancelling will do what you are describing. Just a suggestion, hope it helps.
    Ah, I didn't think to cancel the quest- Haven't really had this happen before, thanks! It's still a ridiculous bug though. A barrier shouldn't go up until you've passed it...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001f87c4/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Mac Player; Gladden- Tribal- Thronst- 85 Champion; Aranair, 85 Captain; Edhelrod, 59 Warden

Hey Thronst,

I had the same issue but cancelling does help...

I died several times...tried going back in and cancelled and went back in again and died...lol...suffice it to say i entered and left the thing up to 9 times. After that i also had 7 horns of winter left in my bag which i could neither sell nor delete, asked a GM to delete them for me. Just so you know.

cya on Gladden Fields
    [size=-2]Gladden: Sulherok (HNT100) Woodworker; Soradoc (GRD100) Jeweler; Saelind (LM100) Tailor; Tinuvaraen (MIN100) Scholar; Silmathryth (CAP98) Metalsmith; Harlequina (BRG37) Weaponsmith; Ghâmim (RK36) Cook; Elindurion (20WRD) Woodworker; Balarella (13HNT)[/size]

I've been having the same trouble with the barrier after being killed. If I pull aggro on Nurzum with Threatening Shout he'll come out and I can then cross, but defeating him on the inside still locks out Thrymm's completion dialog. I've finished the battle a half a dozen times and all I have to show for it is a gold+ repair bill, a bunch of wasted buff items and 23 bloody horns taking up space in my pack.

Also, the npcs won't attack the frost grims while I'm kiting Burzum... I run around dodging and trying to kill the grims while those useless punks chase him in a circle. Even with Fighting Withdrawal I can't drop enough aggro on Burzum to make them tank for me. It's all I can do to survive that giant, getting through this without dying isn't going to happen if these clowns won't step up and help.

On a related note, They Deserve a Better Fate is bugged as well. Cyneberg left Lornsettle and completing the quest hasn't been a dialog option since then. I don't know if she'll take it after Final Stand.

So go ahead and add my voice to the chorus of fury. What's the point of Bullroarer if you don't fix the problems you find? WB seriously needs to step up and get y'all some better hardware and a second dev team to clean up the messes left by the first one. We deserve a better fate too.
    [I][FONT=Verdana]"[B]The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.[/B]"[/FONT][/I] [SIZE=1]~ Bedouin Proverb[/SIZE]

How did you get that quest to spawn? I did all epic quests and got stuck at chapter 15, but there are 16 chapters? How do you even start chapter 16?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001d49c7/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Thronst View Post
    I was fortunate enough to get GM assistance before cuthbald's farm was disabled.
    However, I'm now on the last quest, "Final Stand" and I've found a pretty serious bug.
    I also fortunate, and a bunch of others standing waiting for a GM, (it was like a scene for the Matrix 2 when the GM advanced the quest), but on completing the quest I never got given the next one.

I love the new area, but all the bugs, (and severe lag), are just spoiling it.
    I think they spent to much time getting their new slot macine working than making a working region.
    (I love the 'IDEA' of the Hobbit Presents, but their implementation is just tacky)

Quote Originally Posted by Oraekja View Post
    I've been having the same trouble with the barrier after being killed. If I pull aggro on Nurzum with Threatening Shout he'll come out and I can then cross, but defeating him on the inside still locks out Thrymm's completion dialog. I've finished the battle a half a dozen times and all I have to show for it is a gold+ repair bill, a bunch of wasted buff items and 23 bloody horns taking up space in my pack.

Also, the npcs won't attack the frost grims while I'm kiting Burzum... I run around dodging and trying to kill the grims while those useless punks chase him in a circle. Even with Fighting Withdrawal I can't drop enough aggro on Burzum to make them tank for me. It's all I can do to survive that giant, getting through this without dying isn't going to happen if these clowns won't step up and help.
    Don't pull aggro on Nurzum. I see you did it to cross the barrier which is fair, I did the same thing and it didn't end well. just blow the horn as often as you can, kill a few grims in between blow the horn again and again. The 3 npcs will beat nurzum.

@Lilliraen: What is the last epic quest you have done? Did you get a cut scene? if so that was it... Last Stand is not part of the epics, it's the (semi-?) final quest of the wildermore quest line.
    [size=-2]Gladden: Sulherok (HNT100) Woodworker; Soradoc (GRD100) Jeweler; Saelind (LM100) Tailor; Tinuvaraen (MIN100) Scholar; Silmathryth (CAP98) Metalsmith; Harlequina (BRG37) Weaponsmith; Ghâmim (RK36) Cook; Elindurion (20WRD) Woodworker; Balarella (13HNT)[/size]

I had this bug too. Waited two and a half hours for a GM but none came so I had to leave, because you know.....life.

Anyway, the fix I found was to leave the instance, cancel the quest, log out, shut down the client and then start it all back up again. That way the old bugged out version of the instance will be completely cleaned out. Start again, go in, don't attack Nurzum as people have mentioned, just kill grims and blow your horn, profit.

In answer to the question a few posts back, this quest is not part of the epic. It is the climax of the landscape story arc and is currently gated behind the Cuthbald's farm quest which is shut down. If you were lucky enough to get a GM to help you past it before they took it down, you can progress to this point in the story, if not, then I'm afraid you'll have to just wait until the quest comes back up.

In a separate point, the epic story and the landscape quest arc follow two parallel arcs of the same story. It actually makes more sense if you do the epic before the landscape. I did it the other way round and as such the way the epic ends did not make sense to my character in terms of timelines and his personal experience.

And finally, due to the initial bug that I had and no GM coming to help me (in fact a GM did come on during this time and posted in glff about helping people get past Cuthbalds farm, I asked him for help with my quest but he essentially told me to do one...), I am now the proud owner of 23 of the horns you get bestowed whilst entering this instance that I cannot destroy or vendor and I'll be damned if I'm going to file a ticket for it and wait. Guess I'll just wait for the next time I need help from a GM and when he asks if there is anything else he can help with, I'll say to remove those stinking horns...
    Wulfhram (Hunter), Boborrin (Champ), Garrth (Captain) assorted others

Well, I'm in the same pickle, I only have two horns so far, and I didn't draw agro from Nurzum, but still stuck. Also, I note that in my inventory, the Winter's Horn has a "String table error: TableDID", what a mess! So after 45 minutes waiting for a GM I invoked /stuck, and I'll try to cancel and repeat

Killing helpless LOTRO wildlife since '07
    1 Twinfall Path, Guriant, Falathlorn Homesteads

Quote Originally Posted by Lilliraen View Post
    How did you get that quest to spawn? I did all epic quests and got stuck at chapter 15, but there are 16 chapters? How do you even start chapter 16?
    This is not an epic quest. Is is the very last quest at the end of Wildermore, right before the Survivors of Wildermore dailies (akin to the Hytbold dailies) begin.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_the_Cat View Post
    Well, I'm in the same pickle, I only have two horns so far, and I didn't draw agro from Nurzum, but still stuck. Also, I note that in my inventory, the Winter's Horn has a "String table error: TableDID", what a mess! So after 45 minutes waiting for a GM I invoked /stuck, and I'll try to cancel and repeat
    Cancel and repeat, avoiding agro from Nurzum did the trick, funny enough though, when I'm out of the instance, there are TWO Thrymm's to go to!

Killing helpless LOTRO wildlife since '07
    1 Twinfall Path, Guriant, Falathlorn Homesteads

I got a tip from another thread that it could be done mounted (though you do have to dismount to blow the horn.) I'm kinda embarrassed I didn't think of it, since I have a habit of fighting in the saddle everywhere I can. Even accidentally whacking Nurzum directly with Cry Wrath didn't draw aggro. The first attempt was a zero damage faceroll, which doesn't really make me happier about the state of the quest but at least I was able to get it out of the way. Cyneberg still won't accept They Deserve a Better Fate and I still have a stack of horns I can't destroy, though I did manage to move on to the survivor rep quests.

I don't recall the thread or name so I can't credit the tipster, but thanks anyway! Figured I'd pass it on in the hope that it might help some of the other folks who are stuck.
    [I][FONT=Verdana]"[B]The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.[/B]"[/FONT][/I] [SIZE=1]~ Bedouin Proverb[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_the_Cat View Post
    Cancel and repeat, avoiding agro from Nurzum did the trick, funny enough though, when I'm out of the instance, there are TWO Thrymm's to go to!
    HELP
    I cant seem to win the quest. I kill the grims adn still he stays at top moral, They hack on him and he stays at top moral. I kill the grims and he comes after me

I am bloowing the horn when he is not chasing me. Her gets mad and comes at me when i blow the horn

'
    This is avery frustrating adn should be a fellowship quest.

I am doing this on my Champ

And Nurzum stays above 100K all the time.

Help me please if you have the answer and have won ther quest.

Note This time he got traped in some ice stuff and Saidf to take again with Thurman but if try to talk to him it says I dont have permission
    What a buch of junk
    This quest is bugged
    Turbine you incompetance is alarming

Edit. Talked to a GM and he helped me finish the quest. Has said it is a known Issue adn they are working on it.
    Shown hvae known that before the update was out.

My repair bill is terrible
    Last edited by Startrekman1of9; May 19 2013 at 11:23 PM.
    There are always .... Possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilliraen View Post
    The Last Stand quest is not in the epic line but the last in the landscape quest line.

Unhappy You do not have permission to use that when trying to speak to Thrymm

I have attempted this quest 12 times (12 horns in inventory) I have died about half the times and "succeeded" about half the times. After each failure I cancelled the quest and started again after the five min delay, but each time I succeed, When Nurzum is finished and I need to talk to Thrymm clicking on him just produces the You do not have permission message any body got any thoughts.
    Last edited by Formolerd; May 20 2013 at 03:23 PM.

If you are stuck unable to talk to Thrymm or stuck with multiple horns in your bags, don't /bug, instead submit a ticket and wait for a GM -- you can even just run around the landscape doing w/e, you don't need to wait in the instance. Once the GM gets to you, they will wait while you go back in the instance and advance the quest for you as well as take the horns out of your bag.

If you are locked out of the main area where you fight Nurzum, you can still blow the horn when he is within range (which is pretty large), but if you are at a time when the grims are up, you may be out of luck and have to restart. I could not get the quest to cancel properly for some reason...even after cancelling, it would put me back into the active instance where I was then locked out of the fight...

@ Startrekman1of9, are you using anything that is hitting Nurzum? I used AoEs, so when I killed the grims, I also hit Nurzum and he came after me, after which there was no way to blow the horn. If you can restart, pull the grims away from Nurzum and kill them separately without touching Nurzum. He will not come after you just for blowing the horn. Every time the grims are dead, blow the horn.
    [COLOR="#800080"][FONT=Arial Black]A Vote for Sapience is still a vote for progress![/FONT][/COLOR]

i died twice and was able to get in again, so no idea what barrier you are talking about...
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

Looks like these issues (particularly the horn one) are about to be resolved:

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Wildermore : Final Stand

• -The Winter's Horn is now labeled as a unique item so the player may only carry one at a time. It can now also be deleted from a players inventory. If it is deleted during the instance, a dialogue box will appear to let the player know that deleting the item will end the instance. Leaving the instance by other means (defeat, abandoning quest) will automatically remove the Winter’s Horn from inventory. When loading back into the instance, a new one will be placed in a players inventory.
    • -Also fixed a bug that appeared by making the Winter's Horn delete upon exiting the instance. Now when the player turns in the quest to Thrymm he will no longer be looking to take the Winter's Horn from the player.
    • If Thrymm gets defeated during the instance, player will now be able to speak with him to finish the instance.
    • Fixed a bug that will allow fellowship members to enter the Final Stand instance when it is intended to be a solo only experience.
    • Thrymm will now no longer phase out of his camp before all quests have been turned in.
    • If a player os defeated during the instance, they will now be able to re-enter the fight with Núrzum immediately and not be locked out.

Wildermore: Fallows

• Addressed issues where Cyneberg would not always accept quest turn ins.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval