We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hunter & Critical Defense

I had a quick question for you Raiding Hunters: Is Critical Defense useful for Hunters?

I primarily Raided on Champion and Burglar throughout RoI and the beginning of RoR, but it seems that the Erebor content mandates more Hunter usage. And I am not sure whether Critical Defense gear such as 2 Greater Erebor Trapper pieces are useful or not (I normally carry only the Erebor gold Necklace for Critical Defense). Some Hunters tell me that Tactical Mitigation is more useful for ranged classes, but I want to canvass as wide a swath of opinion as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Keep in mind if I work on my gear a bit, I wouldn't lose all that much DPS by getting the Trapper 2 pieces, other than the loss of 4 Greater Erebor Huntsman or Bowmaster bonus.
    Last edited by Miretocot; May 14 2013 at 10:59 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001feb60/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Miretocot View Post
    I had a quick question for you Raiding Hunters: Is Critical Defense useful for Hunters?

I primarily Raided on Champion and Burglar throughout RoI and the beginning of RoR, but it seems that the Erebor content mandates more Hunter usage. And I am not sure whether Critical Defense gear such as 2 Greater Erebor Trapper pieces are useful or not (I normally carry only the Erebor gold Necklace for Critical Defense). Some Hunters tell me that Tactical Mitigation is more useful for ranged classes, but I want to canvass as wide a swath of opinion as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Keep in mind if I work on my gear a bit, I wouldn't lose all that much DPS by getting the Trapper 2 pieces, other than the loss of 4 Greater Erebor Huntsman or Bowmaster bonus.
    The only crit def I get is from cardolan pocket and the sunbrand necklace(swap), other than that I;m mostly concerned with tact. mit (i use the 122 agil 122 vit neck)as far as raiding goes anyway. Since hunters are ranged, I can get away with lower crit def than burgs or champs.Though theres quite a few decent items with crit def on them for agil classes. Theres the petrified eagle egg from OD with almost 2k crit def,the sunbrand neck, theres the trapper boots, theres also a leggings with 113 vit and 980 crit def or close to that. I really only boost crit def when im trying to solo things,never really focus much on it for raids.
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone | Asylum | No-QQ

I've not seen any real use for crit defense on my hunter. I just focus on my main stat, crit, vit and tact mit. In raid situations I keep my crit capped, somewhere around 39k mastery, and around 45% tact mit. I have one of the crafted necklaces with crit D on it, but rarely equip it. Except for the rare times I slot that necklace I run with literally 0 crit defense and have had no problems completing any of the t2 erebor raids.
    Eilinel, Bejaren- 85 Hunters
    Lienric-85 Warden
    Ilenwyn-85 Mini
    Gerlendad- 85 Burg

Hmm Pvmp, it might be a good place-holder for wargs when they gank you, the initial blows have a high crit chance if they trait for it. Im not sure what other class traits for crit though and have high crit rates
    Mirkwoodian - Savior of the Ettenmoors

Squishy sacrificial tank 2012ish