We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by faenordal View Post
    Of course I go blue while soloing those warbands.
    My point is that with the "lag experience" that Turbine is kindly allowing us to enjoy you can easily end up dead, even if mounted hunter is generally OP.
    MC lag is not new, nor is it fatal to only the Hunter as I pointed out above.

But I agree with your point. Plus Wildermore has far more little outcrops and things for my steed to get snagged upon. Generally going dismounted (or regular steed) and using the warsteed only for WBs.

Or leveling my Warden...

I find hunters really OP in mounted combat.. I tried a light warsteed and to be honest, they're squishy enough that I don't like them. I like running on a heavy steed for the Ride for Ruin toggle skill that boosts dmg output even when I'm not in Red Dawn.. I rarely run in any stance other than Rohirrim for the added rider evade chance. The reactive skill heals and the chance to reset fury mean that my stats, both on my toon and warsteed are nearly always 100%.. When I have the chance to, I'll post my trait build and bridle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooule View Post
    I find hunters really OP in mounted combat.. I tried a light warsteed and to be honest, they're squishy enough that I don't like them. I like running on a heavy steed for the Ride for Ruin toggle skill that boosts dmg output even when I'm not in Red Dawn.. I rarely run in any stance other than Rohirrim for the added rider evade chance. The reactive skill heals and the chance to reset fury mean that my stats, both on my toon and warsteed are nearly always 100%.. When I have the chance to, I'll post my trait build and bridle.
    Exactly I go heavy rohirrim stance (and occassionally red dawn to apply bleed on an enemy, or riddermark to get them dismounted so that my positional/bonus against unmounted finishes the combat faster), and, Ride for ruin + the yellow line skill that removes miss chance for kill shots + impact rune (+25% dismount chance on kill shot), rohirrim stance noble arrow for heals, flay open for power regen... I really wished my hunter had that much healing (or any healing at all. (Press onwards don't count)) when unmounted.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001da17c/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I'd be very interested in seeing what other light bridle light horse trait set-ups they think work real well. I have to admit I just set up two variants - filling in all the top slots to the max and left it at that until I read this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kongas View Post
    I'd be very interested in seeing what other light bridle light horse trait set-ups they think work real well.

Works like a charm for me.
    Man cenuva métim' andúnë.

prettu much same setup above.

Lol, light steed is squishy? Goodluck soloing Conog on a heavy or shaguk/vok. Maybe its possible, idk. But its ezmode on light steeds. The amount of self heals is OP. Not sure if any other class matches.
    [center][color=cyan]Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.[/color][/center]
    [center][img]http://bit.ly/1Oq7Mgg[/img][/center]
    [center]From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone | [color=red]Asylum | No-QQ[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post
    prettu much same setup above.

Lol, light steed is squishy? Goodluck soloing Conog on a heavy or shaguk/vok. Maybe its possible, idk. But its ezmode on light steeds. The amount of self heals is OP. Not sure if any other class matches.
    Thanks for the set up (the poster above you that is). I'm very impressed you can solo Conog. Even with Dash and Feign Injury I can only get 2 mobs down before getting swamped. They are just faster than me. How do you do it?

I'm very impressed you can solo Conog. Even with Dash and Feign Injury I can only get 2 mobs down before getting swamped. They are just faster than me. How do you do it?
    Conog is immune to Disengaging Strikes dismount but not class skills dismount (Kill Shot on crit/dev and Seeking Arrow under Riddermark stance). Therefore the easiest way imho is:

1. Charge Conog from behind, use Hunters Eye and open up the fight with a KIll Shot then Seeking Arrow under Riddermark stance.
    2. Quickly jump to Rohirrim stance for self-heal. If Conog is not dismounted he would be chasing you now. Put the trap down and drag him on top to have him feared away.
    3. Kill adds in Rohirrim stance (two warg ridders first then orc archers). Whenever Conog runs back to you, put down the trap to fear him again, switch to Riddermark stance and do Kill Shot + 1 Seeking Arrow (if healing pressure is not too big) on him while he has his back turned to you, then switch back to Rohirrim for adds.
    4. Repeat step 3 untill Conog is dismounted or there is only one add left. Note when all adds are down, this fight will enter phase 2 - if Conog is still mounted he will start to open up FMs on player, which does instant dismount. So it might be a good idea leaving last add alive untile Conog is dismounted.
    5. Switch to Red Dawn stance and pewpew the unmounted Conog.
    6. Profit.

Thanks for the set up (the poster above you that is). I'm very impressed you can solo Conog. Even with Dash and Feign Injury I can only get 2 mobs down before getting swamped. They are just faster than me. How do you do it?
    Soloing any warband (including Conog) on a hunter means that you switch to Rohirrim discipline and kite kite kite. It takes time and requires some luck, but overall if you stay far enough and on full speed your ranged attacks will reach the enemy while he can't do anything against you. Learn the landscape in advance to avoid resetting the warband by leaving the area it belongs to.

I agree with several people in this thread commenting on how OP mounted hunter is when it comes to soloing tough warbands.

Quote Originally Posted by Farasilion View Post
    Note when all adds are down, this fight will enter phase 2 - if Conog is still mounted he will start to open up FMs on player, which does instant dismount. So it might be a good idea leaving last add alive untile Conog is dismounted.
    This is a nice hint. Thank you for sharing
    I was never aiming to dismount Conog and a few times killed him without dismounting at all, but those knockbacks from my horse were quite irritating sometimes.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Kadarka - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

Not sure if any other class matches.
    A good LM with right MC setup can either have around 4k DPS or tank the whole Rottenheart warband without moving at all on warsteed so

Thanks for all the tips. I'll get practicing the dismounting/trap approach.

well I know a good LM can put out some serious dps prob higher than hunts too.

what hunter really excels at is the amount of self heals you can put out every few seconds.

Made it so you can heal up double the damage that was dealt to you.
    Thats what I meant when I said I wasnt sure if any other class matches, but I could be wrong as I do not play any other toons other than a burglar and hunter.

Good mention on the adds and the FMs though. Most people dont know that.

Goodluck hunting all
    [center][color=cyan]Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.[/color][/center]
    [center][img]http://bit.ly/1Oq7Mgg[/img][/center]
    [center]From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone | [color=red]Asylum | No-QQ[/color][/center]

well I know a good LM can put out some serious dps prob higher than hunts too.
    I dunno... a lot of the dps is stealing from other people :-/ That skill/debuff should be limited to group only.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

what hunter really excels at is the amount of self heals you can put out every few seconds.
    Made it so you can heal up double the damage that was dealt to you.
    Thats what I meant when I said I wasnt sure if any other class matches, but I could be wrong as I do not play any other toons other than a burglar and hunter.
    Yup we have decent self-heal in MC, but defo not high enough HPS to out-heal the whole Rottenheart warbands' DPS while standing still; yet a LM with healing build can easily out-heal that in healing stance (wardens can as well, but they are lacking on class dismount compared with LM and hunt). Though it's hard to get a screenshot to prove my points atm since me myself have only a hunter, and most of my friends are not so active anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    I dunno... a lot of the dps is stealing from other people :-/ That skill/debuff should be limited to group only.
    I've seen screenshots of a LM doing 2.7-4k DPS on warbands solo, when there was not really any people he could steal DPS from.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2