We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

focused feedback : hunter yellow line mounted combat *new*

So I was wondering what everyone/ forum users felt about the new yellow line on our mounts. I had a good but brief experience on the light steed was satisfied with options available.

To keep it simple still had dash, have a cc skill, some crit buffs and a trap which fears. Oh and a fury builder. Very dps oriented and fine by me.

My experience was killing couple of warbands , kramp seemed easier than usual and seem to be dismounting more often. Rain of arrows (is that right? Don't mean the normal aoe spam non mounted one) does more damage not noted any power issues from that going up.

Our first skill in the yellow line is a force close skill that seems the opposite to what we want, perhaps thats an error the dev diary suggested ranged would get the opposite. I referred to this above as the cc skill, which we should have but instead have this force.close thing. (imo of course).
    So any thoughts from " the community" ?

Will reply when played for longer and tried medium mount etc. Just keen to hear others thoughts.
    Last edited by Eldarian_Grace; May 14 2013 at 06:02 AM. Reason: spelling and clarity

I like how when I press my face down into the keyboard to perform mounted combat, the tip of my nose seems to perfectly fit into the "k" key. And then as I turn my head to the left, the bone under my eyebrow seems to be able to perfectly depress the "y" and "t" keys a the same time. As my head continues to turn, I've found that my ear quit comfortably comes to rest on "wasd". When I turn my head the other direction, the line of saliva drawn across the right side of the keyboard makes a pretty rainbow.

Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    I like how when I press my face down into the keyboard to perform mounted combat, the tip of my nose seems to perfectly fit into the "k" key. And then as I turn my head to the left, the bone under my eyebrow seems to be able to perfectly depress the "y" and "t" keys a the same time. As my head continues to turn, I've found that my ear quit comfortably comes to rest on "wasd". When I turn my head the other direction, the line of saliva drawn across the right side of the keyboard makes a pretty rainbow.
    Perfect description of hunter mounted combat. +rep

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarian_Grace View Post
    So I was wondering what everyone/ forum users felt about the new yellow line on our mounts. I had a good but brief experience on the light steed was satisfied with options available.

To keep it simple still had dash, have a cc skill, some crit buffs and a trap which fears. Oh and a fury builder. Very dps oriented and fine by me.

My experience was killing couple of warbands , kramp seemed easier than usual and seem to be dismounting more often. Rain of arrows (is that right? Don't mean the normal aoe spam non mounted one) does more damage not noted any power issues from that going up.

Our first skill in the yellow line is a force close skill that seems the opposite to what we want, perhaps thats an error the dev diary suggested ranged would get the opposite. I referred to this above as the cc skill, which we should have but instead have this force.close thing. (imo of course).
    So any thoughts from " the community" ?
    New yellow line rocks. Having killshot's cd reset and the high chance for you to get back fury for doing an attack boosts dps even more. Though I would have to say that I love the traps the most. Mobs that hit your traps get feared allowing you to put distance between you and your target. If you do it perfectly, you can fear them back to back with each trap you set down. And I believe you mean hail of arrows.

I looked at medium steed and it seems to be the same though I'm going to be sticking to light steed, dont think medium steed would stand a chance againts some of the warbands(solo). I would have to say that hunters have THE best mounted combat soloing capability. High dps and high self heals. I was actually able to solo all the warbands in Wildamore earlier. Conog being the most challenging(I didn't even bother dismounting him because it becomes faceroll if you do.)then Zovarr/Varg if you dont kill adds
    ​.The tree near Fangorn isnt hard, what made it hard for me was trying NOT to fall off a cliff into Fangorn itself.

I haven't actually done MC since u11 (I'm on a work related trip) but I was very disappointed to see the yellow capstone changed the dismount odds from 50% to 25%.

Did you guys max out (7 points) all of the steed's base traits, agility, armour etc.?

I'm running in blue line for the heals, which have become necessary due to tougher warbands. Kill Shot is still 1-shotting normal landscapers on a crit or dev.

Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    I'd love to watch a video of this :-P hehe

Especially with Conog and Shaguk. Those are very challenging mobs to solo, but definitely doable.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

The trap only apply a fear effect under Rohirrim stance. Under Red Dawn it's DoTs, and Riddermark small DoTs plus -50% turn rate debuff.

Especially useful against mounted melee warband bosses when solo, as they are now immune to Disengaging Stirkes dismount. Only class skill dismount works on them now (with legacy + relic it's 15% for Seeking Arrow on hit, 30% Kill Shot on crit/dev).

As for steed type, light defo provides the best survivability since it gives the shortest skill CD.
    Last edited by Farasilion; May 21 2013 at 05:57 AM.
    Man cenuva métim' andúnë.