We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfyr View Post
    Please don't let such a wonderful game system that brings so much fun and creativity to the game world go unfixed....
    Agree.

editi to add: Just did a run around bree, instruments were hit and miss in town. Some but not all worked out side of town. But the all play fine in staddle.
    Playing at the gazebo right now.
    Last edited by manstan; May 14 2013 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Earinlin View Post
    +1 for this, well said

Come on Turbine make us proud!!
    I second that

Did some more testing this afternoon. Over most of the world, relogging seems to fix the problem. I tested this in various areas of Bree-land, Rohan, Great River, Rivendell and Lorien. The only places I found where relogging or zoning in and out didn't fix the problem were Bree-Town, Caras Galadhon and Falathlorn Homesteads. It worked in Shire Homesteads. (Didn't test Bree-land homesteads or Thorin's homesteads.)
    [URL="https://sarahmccabemythopoet.wordpress.com/"][COLOR=#b22222]Falling Toward Mythopoesis[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#ffd700]~[/COLOR] My personal blog.

[URL="https://lotromusic.wordpress.com/"][COLOR=#008080]LOTRO Music[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#ffd700]~[/COLOR] ABCs, guides and resources for the compleat LOTRO musician.

Unhappy

Dear Turbine

Tell me, what is missing from ALL other MMOs ? What do you have that others don't ?

LOTRO has something special and unique, something that sets this game apart, something that makes it a joy to play for me every day and has done so for the last 6 years of my life, and that is our beloved music system.

Many of us spend time working together every night , practicing music, discussing ideas, making plans for new events and concerts. Great musical kinships and bands have formed over the years, and of course friendships - in LOTRO and on my server in particular, we call this 'our community'. It is our game, what makes us, what create even more magic in Middle-earth, day in and day out.

And I am hardly alone. Every day I run into people playing music alone or in groups all the time on a Friday night. Bree and the Shire are alive with music. And this lead all the way up to events like Weatherstock, and many of our concerts and even entire musicals.

No other MMORPG has copied, recreated, or outright stolen this feature, it is yours Turbine. We all love it, and we would kindly ask for it to be fixed as soon as you can, please.

Music is such a big part of this game for many of us. We are all dealing with the latest bugs, quests that do not work, emotes that are invisible and now, the saddest bug ever, the 'silent' musical instruments.

So we are kindly ask you to make those instruments play again in Middle-earth because like Tolkien once wrote...

Then the voices of the Ainur, like unto harps and lutes, and pipes and trumpets, and viols and organs, and like unto countless choirs singing with words, began to fashion the theme of Ilúvatar to a great music; and a sound arose of endless interchanging melodies woven in harmony that passed beyond hearing into the depths and into the heights, and the places of the dwelling of Ilúvatar were filled to overflowing, and the music and the echo of the music went out into the Void, and it was not void

Thank You!

There are some great appeals here to get this bug fixed. I'm almost certain I've caught some gm's listening to our songs
    when we play when it's slow. I'm an optimist. I believe there are fans on both the player and dev base.

But the reality is a financially driven market. I'm not there myself yet, but if this persists, at some point you'll have to make
    the gulping decision and walk away. Slow, little, or no fix support no effect? Complain all you want, but...

Walking away, not renewing VIP, scaled back user feedback translates to lost revenue.

Yes, Turbine. This is that big an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromblon View Post
    I would like to add that somehow it is no longer possible to run 2 or more clients on the same computer which allowed for many bands to play multiple tracks songs without having to coordinate that many players. I can foresee some cloudy shadows come over the musical community.

With disapointement, Mr. Tromblon
    You can run multiple clients on the same machine. You must first look in your %home%/MyDocuments/userpreferences.ini file and near the top change allowmultipleinstances = false to = true. Then launch one client and log in. Then launch the second one and log in. You can't run multiple TurbineLauncher.exe processes, but you can run multiple Lotroclient.exe processes.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Awesome you folks taking the time to test and document your findings here.

There are some good additional reports on the issue in this thread:
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...in-music-land!

I think Turbine will be happy for any input that can help them solve this.
    Last edited by Phede; May 15 2013 at 04:26 AM.
    [LEFT][SIZE=1][color=#BFBFBF][I]Phede's mini minnie army: [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Phedelene[/color], [color=#FFFFFF]Netteellen[/color], [color=#FFFFFF]Ledepeter[/color][I] and [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Amorph[/color].
    [I]Proud member of [/I][url='http://s13.zetaboards.com/Andunie/'][color=#FFFFFF]Andúnië[/color][/url][I] and the [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Greenway Band[/color].
    [I]A small collection of Phedelene's original music (ABC's and MP3's) on [/I][url='http://sdrv.ms/ZMMwsA'][color=#FFFFFF]SkyDrive[/color][/url].[/color][/SIZE]

[color=#FFFFFF][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]FOR THE SAKE OF PRISONERS AND THE FLIGHT OF BIRDS.[/FONT][/SIZE][/color]
    [/LEFT]

Quote Originally Posted by Glenwin View Post
    LOL Floradine, good one, love it!

For me personally, it's not about whether or not any particular music event, PR value or not, can take place as scheduled. It's about whether or not the music system works. Frankly, I'm a bit scared of an "interim solution to save Weatherstock", because that might mean that the real issue might get less attention.

You mileage may, very reasonably so, vary.
    Last edited by Phede; May 15 2013 at 05:49 AM.
    [LEFT][SIZE=1][color=#BFBFBF][I]Phede's mini minnie army: [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Phedelene[/color], [color=#FFFFFF]Netteellen[/color], [color=#FFFFFF]Ledepeter[/color][I] and [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Amorph[/color].
    [I]Proud member of [/I][url='http://s13.zetaboards.com/Andunie/'][color=#FFFFFF]Andúnië[/color][/url][I] and the [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Greenway Band[/color].
    [I]A small collection of Phedelene's original music (ABC's and MP3's) on [/I][url='http://sdrv.ms/ZMMwsA'][color=#FFFFFF]SkyDrive[/color][/url].[/color][/SIZE]

[color=#FFFFFF][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]FOR THE SAKE OF PRISONERS AND THE FLIGHT OF BIRDS.[/FONT][/SIZE][/color]
    [/LEFT]

I found out that my wind instruments are still working properly while my string instruments are muted.

Could there be any relation with the new Wildermoor Harp? one of the quests gives a usable harp with fancy cosmetics. I don't know much about the coding for the music system but maybe they messed some coding up when trying to add this harp to it?

might be far-fetched, but hey, trying to help .

I don't think this is limited to just the playing of music.

I was running a new alt thru Archet starter area yesterday on a Hobbit Hunter and was having similar issues
    with the sound of the bow being shot. Sometimes it would do it, sometimes it was muted or extremely faint (barely audible).
    Seems to me they screwed up the sound files somehow.

Moved to the music section. No hope for any sort of timely fix now. Out of sight out of mind

I am glad to be able to say this is not true. The Lonely Mountain Band is in contact with Turbine staff and we have confirmation that the bug is known by the devs. It is however not known yet when a fix will come and if we can keep the scheduled date of Weatherstock.
    That's good news for Weatherstock and all involved.

[Regarding the emphasized portion]

General question to Turbine staff: on the off chance that LOTRO has new raid content in the future, and in the very real likelihood that some portion of it is bugged, and in case there are actually any progression raiders still playing then, who might our contact within the Turbine staff be when a bug threatens our (weekly) events?

What is the process by which we might bypass the bug report system that we're all encouraged to use and speak directly to someone with Turbine instead? I'm sure players of all aspects of the game, and not just raiders, would like to know how to accomplish this when game-breaking bugs affect them.

I am glad to be able to say this is not true. The Lonely Mountain Band is in contact with Turbine staff and we have confirmation that the bug is known by the devs.
    Well that's something, now Turbine just need to add it to known issues so we know they know.

(Then we can stop bugging it like crazy!).

[/LEFT]

Quote Originally Posted by Tallon617 View Post
    My bet it is related to that sound bug we occasionally get from grouping with others and they can't hear the sound. There has to be some sort of connection to that and with the recent update it's grown into a more serious issue. The same goes for the not being able to see emotes when grouped with people on occasion. There has to be some line of code that is causing this and hopefully it can be found soon because like it has been mentioned there is Weatherstock coming up plus the numerous weekly events held on different servers. Hopefully Turbine can lock this problem down fast. Just keep at it
    Well I agree with you in this.. It was never fixed after previous update. It was annoying, but it was something we could live with. I don't ask for much. But not be able to hear my own music? well...I don't think that much to ask for..

Many people look forward to Weatherstock! Atleast myself and probably 500 others. Let that be the carrying argument for a hotfix.

But to be fair, I am massively impatience, and haven't really given Turbine the chance to answer this issue yet. Hopefully they will give us a answer we can rest assure with soon. It is noticed I am sure.

There is a hotfix scheduled for today it seems. Anyone know if it has something to do with the bug?
    *crosses his fingers and prays to the 'Orboplaying Godess up 'there'*
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000018aa94/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Leader of 'Order of the Divine Brew' kinship at [EN-RP] Laurelin server.
    Bandleader of [URL="http://laurelinarchives.org/node/7504"]'The Chosen Few'[/URL] at the [En-RP] Laurelin server.

Seems unlikely, Grym. Here are the hotfix release notes:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Notes-Official
    Lina Willowwood, biscuit-eating bard on Laurelin
    Hobbit RP? Grand Order of the Lost Mathom, http://www.lostmathom.org/
    Songs + videos on me biscuity burrow, http://bit.ly/nDJ31E

Quote Originally Posted by Sandybux View Post
    I don't think this is limited to just the playing of music.

I was running a new alt thru Archet starter area yesterday on a Hobbit Hunter and was having similar issues
    with the sound of the bow being shot. Sometimes it would do it, sometimes it was muted or extremely faint (barely audible).
    Seems to me they screwed up the sound files somehow.
    I noticed skill sounds occasionally not firing as early as with the introduction of Isengard. When your weapon of choice is the Moor Cowbell (and you like to rely on audio feedback) you tend to notice these things.

But yes, I agree, the music playback trouble could very well be symptoms of an underlying sound system issue.

[/LEFT]

Let's not get side tracked on adding to the dev fix load. I've reported ages ago of the sound of an arrow impacting on target before the sound of the bow firing.

Unrelated low priority audio bug.

The music system is much more important to fix right now than lumping all the other sound bugs in the system.
    With spring fest looming, are we looking at a patch after the festival?

Gave a woodwind session in the Pony today. What I did notice is that you can hear static during playback. I've a pretty good graphics card, and was messing around with the levels, and monitoring with FPS up. 90-130. a huge change during playback. As I increase graphics quality, fps drops down, but then there's these crazy lag spikes as low as 30's. When set to low, you can hear these crackling pops, as if background scripts are activated, and causing fps to spike lag. Prior to update 10, fps was much more consistant, no more than +- 10fps, now, much more with these weird spikes.

Clue?
    Last edited by Lolorndinfey; May 16 2013 at 08:34 AM.

I was not aiming to side track, merely trying to "enhance the experience" for the poor devs!

[/LEFT]

Red face

I am quite confident this bug is serious enough to take some priority over other things but I agree the whole sound system in game has been very unstable for months now and need a good overall look at it because some patterns are appearing in these bugs, one thing often seems related to an other. So lets keep positive and keep testing things and report bugs , and all will be fixed and we all be happy again and the instruments will sing even better than before

Greetings all!

Master Barkgrim (Durins Folk / The Rolling Kegs band) from Laurelin told me something very interesting here tonight. He said that the devs altered the instances/raid here a short while ago so the music system does not work there. You can hear yourself, but no-one can hear you and they do not see any notes either. (guess this was to reduce lag and stuff like that).

We had a little run-around and tested areas that have a skirmish/instance/raid/festival attached to it and everywhere where silent. Then we moved to places where it should be instance/etc..free, and it worked as it should (like southern bree-field and Stock).

What if this change in code for the instances got 'bugged' due to the last update so the code does not care if your in an instance or not?

Anyone else that can confirm this theory?

- Grym.
    Last edited by Grymrock; May 16 2013 at 06:11 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000018aa94/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Leader of 'Order of the Divine Brew' kinship at [EN-RP] Laurelin server.
    Bandleader of [URL="http://laurelinarchives.org/node/7504"]'The Chosen Few'[/URL] at the [En-RP] Laurelin server.

What makes you think that we bypassed the /bug system? It's quite the contrary: We used the /bug system. Like crazy. We spread the word to inform everyone of this because we know it is the only real way to make the devs aware of bugs.

And the music system bugs that I mentioned in my blog post exist since months now too - regardless of us /bug -ing them all the time.

About getting an answer from a Turbine employee: I suggest to just ask nicely. Without an aggressive undertone and with keeping it by the facts. It might happen that you get an answer but -yes- you can't really expect that. I got ignored by not being answered in PM's more than once myself so I certainly know how bad that feels.

To be honest I think we just were lucky there. Certainly no-one in our kin expected an answer. We just asked and kept it nice doing so. Please don't tell me that was wrong.

I am no raider in Lotro but I was an avid one in old WoW times from the start of the game up to the Lichking expansion. I certainly understand the frustration of the raiding community. Why they do not fix their raid content is beyond me, too. Maybe it helps if you organize your efforts with /bug -ing the issues more so that the devs get more bug reports and clearer numbers on how big the problem really is.

Let's get back on topic here, please. This is the music forum and not the raid forum. That's over here: Instances, Raids, and Skirmishes
    No worries. I'm sure that you all used the bug system and, if the direct access was due to a PM being answered, then yes - you were lucky.

I agree that some raiders and PvMPers (and some of every other stripe of player) quite often take the wrong approach in addressing the devs or asking for issues to be fixed.

Even though I'm usually immune to the "we're being ignored" disease, seeing how quickly you were able to get a response - and apparently a direct one at that - just stung a little. Sometimes raiders can't even get their bugs on the known issues list, let alone acknowledged by direct communication from someone within Turbine.

Throw in the fact that the Weatherstock Twitter account holder apparently was told enough to know that it wouldn't be fixed in time for Weatherstock that s/he was able to tweet this:

...prior to Turbine publicly stating anything itself regarding how long a fix might take, and it just made me wonder why this one particular group of players on one single server were able to get special attention that most of the rest of us would be happy to have 1/10 of.

Given how (perhaps overly) sensitive a number of players are right now about the state of various things in the game and the perceived lack of attention to a number of issues, I think it's not a good idea for Turbine to allow anyone to broadcast that they have special access that most others don't.

My issue isn't with you or anyone in LMB or at Weatherstock - I'm more concerned with the fact that one particular game-breaking bug* was given near-immediate attention when pretty much every other one is shuffled off into the "bug it, we'll get to it when we can" pile.

*Game-breaking for some, not all - but then again, isn't that true for all game-breaking bugs?
    Last edited by Lestache; May 16 2013 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestache View Post

My issue isn't with you or anyone in LMB or at Weatherstock - I'm more concerned with the fact that one particular game-breaking bug* was given near-immediate attention when pretty much every other one is shuffled off into the "bug it, we'll get to it when we can" pile.

*Game-breaking for some, not all - but then again, isn't that true for all game-breaking bugs?
    Wow, that's pretty cynical. I'm not so convinced. Having worked at software companies, it's a matter of priority, and resource allotment, where time and capability is balanced between new content, and repair work. Somewhere at Turbine, there's a master list of fixes and todo's. The dept manager assigns the tasks out to programmer teams and then deadlines are set.
    For eg, the fix on Cuthbald was unknown to me. Ranked in some arbitrary scale, on 0-5, where 0 is immediate, this was probably a 1. Which doesn't mean our input is not a factor. With enough feedback, I'm sure the manager, with Sapience's help, can adjust rankings of each bug fix on the list.

As stated previous. Test. Provide results. Be nice. You'll be properly heard. Of course to keep the population happy, we always like to hear an eta, or acknowledgement that a problem is recognized and ranked appropriately on the bug fix list.

however, so far the impression is no feedback from the devs. No eta. Which points to speculation and suspicions. Is it lower priority than we actually hope? Is the problem more systemic so requiring more time to properly identify before fixes can be attempted. Was it new content that broke it? Wildermore looks beautiful. Great work, btw, but if kalderic is right, then a new instrument (harp?) was the straw that broke the camel's back.

So in the meantime, Weatherstock, Spring Fest, Prancing Pony RP. no go. We're restricted to wind instruments, no guarantee of group play working properly. Changing zones or relogging sometimes restored string play, playing a second song where the first played, no go. There are dead zones, such as Bree, CG. where behavior goes wonky. Guesses of areas that support layering, or instances, throws the music system off. Graphics level showed a bigger range of fps fluctuations, and you can hear it's influence with static, or gaps during playback.

Did I miss any other test results?

24. @Lestache and likeminded people:

OK folks, I'm having enough of this, I am leaving the game. I have made a severe mistake and I am taking full responsibility for it here and now.

I can't believe that people are like what I see here and elsewhere. If this is what the Lotro community is as a whole I don't want to be a part of it anymore.

I regret very much that I tried to help and console those who were very saddened by the music bug with a good message. I regret it because your hate that you now turn against Turbine, me, my kin, my kinleader and the whole music community is unbearable for me.

I should have known better. I should have known that there is no thought of "Hey, I am happy for you!". Not a single one, not a millisecond. There is no thought of "Hey, great, I can visit that event now".

I tried to help but instead I was scolded by my kin. Because they feared this what is now happening here. This is not what I wanted and this is not what I want to be a part of any longer if this is all that can ever happen. If help is not rewarded in this part of the world I will go, seek and find another one where it is.

Go ahead and pour all your jealousy over people, do what you want. But one thing is now for certain: You will do it without me. Make all your most stupid and uninformed assumptions, do whatever you want.

But you will do it now without me. I am leaving because of you. Because I cannot allow you to have this bad influence on my sparetime. Not for a second longer. I will remove myself from this equation here and now in the hope that it will bring your minds the well deserved peace.

And I hope you are now proud of having driven me out of the game. But next time you look into a mirror take a close look at your face and ask yourself if you really like the person you see, knowing what that person in the mirror did to a fellow player, a fellow kinship and to those who made the game in the first place.

And next time you see someone being helped and it is not you just think twice before you open your mouth and maybe just let things happen.
    Last edited by Glenwin; May 16 2013 at 08:45 PM.
    [URL="http://the-strongfoots.net"]the-strongfoots.net[/URL]

@Lestache and likeminded people:

....OK folks, I'm having enough of this, I am leaving the game.
    You are not serious...right, Flo ? Please tell me this is not happening - we are all a bit sad and stressed but not this Flo...

*looks sad and sends a hug*

P.S. As I left Bree tonight and made my camp at Silverwell [32.3S, 47.4W] my harp sung beautifully again I think the lady Willowsong did a bit of magic for me

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast