We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

abc music system down from update 11?

Just logged in after the update 11 patch. Tried to play an .abc song in music mode. I see the notes graphic, but no audio.

Broken?

Submitted a ticket.

Orladan on Landroval found this. Only in the Bree township zone is music disabled. other zones music works fine...

Still a killer for RP'ers if you wanna play on stage or in the Prancing Pony...
    Last edited by Lolorndinfey; May 13 2013 at 08:05 PM.

Definitely something fishy in the music system post-patch.

It seems rather random if an instrument plays, be it manual or ABC.
    [LEFT][SIZE=1][color=#BFBFBF][I]Phede's mini minnie army: [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Phedelene[/color], [color=#FFFFFF]Netteellen[/color], [color=#FFFFFF]Ledepeter[/color][I] and [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Amorph[/color].
    [I]Proud member of [/I][url='http://s13.zetaboards.com/Andunie/'][color=#FFFFFF]Andúnië[/color][/url][I] and the [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Greenway Band[/color].
    [I]A small collection of Phedelene's original music (ABC's and MP3's) on [/I][url='http://sdrv.ms/ZMMwsA'][color=#FFFFFF]SkyDrive[/color][/url].[/color][/SIZE]

[color=#FFFFFF][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]FOR THE SAKE OF PRISONERS AND THE FLIGHT OF BIRDS.[/FONT][/SIZE][/color]
    [/LEFT]

Spoke too soon. Now mixed results when playing .abc songs. in the same zone when you enter or leave. sigh.

I'll confirm this. If the music plays, it lags a lot. The notes are flowing through the air, yet not a sound being made.

And Not being musically inclined I like playing musics on LOTRO lol

the inaudible .abc file bug seems to be related to zones that support layering. I just thought it odd that reports of chetwood and intermittent non-audio playback of .abc at various zone, then it hit me...all the blank/null zones are zones that support layering. Will update the bug submission to include this bit of hinted suggestion to find the bug.

I just tried to play in Snowbourn with the same result, everything looks as is should but no sound. I hope that helps yas track down the bug. Thank you.
    Estellost, loving husband of the wonderful Shinarra

Yes, please fix!

I went to Stangard and got the same result: No sound. Then I went outside the gate and played and it sounded normal. But I went out the gate of Snowbourn into Sutcrofts, and no sound there. It seem to be related to the cities, but......
    Estellost, loving husband of the wonderful Shinarra

Just updating the issue. It's not an absolute zone by zone basis where the abc music system plays mute.

When you enter, or change chat zones, it's seems to hit the toggle or on or off. So if you're currently
    in a zone where your abc is playing mute. change zones, and it starts to play again. Bree is a weird case.
    This only occurs when you change toons. I logged in, was able to play in Bree! Changed toons, and same
    spot in Bree, muted play... This bug is so frustrating. Not even a 50/50, but a blind man's light switch..

....is the light on?....or off?

This is really discouraging. At Ales & Tales tonight we had folks unable to hear any music at all, folks able to hear *some* music, and folks with no problems (the minority). We couldn't find any consistency in the pattern at all.

Added to the effects of the already-known fellowship bug issue on music, this just makes one of LotRO's main attractions as appealing as slug-slime.

I'm sure the developers are aware of this issue, but I hope it will be high priority to fix (right after log-in issues).
    Mornawen "Molly" Bayberry
    Assistant Archivist of Bree, Landroval server
    Kinswoman of The Lonely Mountain Band

I would like to add that somehow it is no longer possible to run 2 or more clients on the same computer which allowed for many bands to play multiple tracks songs without having to coordinate that many players. I can foresee some cloudy shadows come over the musical community.

With disapointement, Mr. Tromblon
    Last edited by Tromblon; May 14 2013 at 07:17 AM.

I couldnt find a pattern either.

Celondim - Silence
    Falathorn Homestead-Silence
    Just outside Falathorn Homestead- Silence
    Crosing the teleport to Needlehole- Music
    Frerin's Court-Silence
    Beer Fights Area - Music
    Thorins Hall - Music
    Bree - Silence
    Bree west gate vault - Silence
    Bree (again) -Silence
    Lalia's Market - silence
    Bree fields, by the bridge outside the west gate - Music
    Rivendell Valley, after teleport near the guest house - Music; following the road, silence but I managed to play in zones that were silenced.

The abc music system is one of the major features of Lotro, please fix it

/edit
    <Character change>

Shire homesteads -Music
    Outside of the shire homesteads-music
    Falathorn homesteads (again)- silence
    Falathorn homesteads (inside the house) - silence

Everytime I did a teleport or one zone change.
    Last edited by Laerien; May 14 2013 at 02:10 AM.

Tromblon, you can run more then one account on the same computer.

1: Go into My Documents and look for a file named UserPreferences.
    2: Open up UserPreferences in Notepad or just double-click on it.
    3: In notepad, look for the line Allowmultipleinstances=false. (It will be at the top just below [launcher])
    4: Change the false to true and then save the file.
    5: Re run the launcher

You will now be able to play more then one account on the same computer.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000029110f/signature.png]Orladan[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Orlor View Post
    Tromblon, you can run more then one account on the same computer.

It's gone. The command is removed in this update.

IMO, this is a violation of the spirit of EULA. Rife for abuse when not in a band. Imagine a chain of 8 toons running throu Angmar, or Isengard. I'm glad they got rid of it. It is borderline when applied as an ensemble performance. I wouldn't do it. If you want a band performance, post your parts and ask some friends.

The muted abc playback is an odd bug. I found one time I could play one song, try to play a second song and silence. weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolorndinfey View Post
    It's gone. The command is removed in this update.
    No, it's in the NEW userpreferences.ini.

The old one is at "My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\UserPreferences.ini".
    The new one is at "My Documents\UserPreferences.ini".

The new one has the allowmultipleinstance line. If the first line of the file does not say "[launcher]", then you're probably looking at the old file and not the new one.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/N3QceR3.png[/IMG]

My thanks! Proceeding as told by changing the allowmultipleinstances value from false to true did the job!

Ok. This is seriously messed up. I can't, after doing some testing, find any real rhyme or reason to this bug. I started in CG where it didn't work and ported to Rivendell where it did work. Tried moving around various zones, generally by swift travel. When in a zone where it didn't work, sometimes moving into a new zone would fix it, but sometimes it wouldn't. Swift traveling from Cerin Amroth to Vineyards broke it, swift traveling from vineyards to Thinglad didn't fix it. Zoning out of the gate of CG fixed it, swift traveling to Cerin Amroth broke it. Logging out and into the game while at Cerin Amroth fixed it. The same in Bree did not. Running out of Bree into Bree-land fixed it. Swift traveling from south Bree to west Bree or relogging in Bree didn't fix it. Nothing fixed it in Bree.

HOWEVER. While in Bree I discovered that when it is broken, it's only lute, harp, theo and drum that are broken. Flute, Clarinet, Horn and Bagppipe worked fine. (Didn't have a cowbell or pibgorn on me so didn't test those.) Very strange.

What the heck did you do to our beloved music system, Turbine? And only a month before Weatherstock. /smackhead
    [URL="https://sarahmccabemythopoet.wordpress.com/"][COLOR=#b22222]Falling Toward Mythopoesis[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#ffd700]~[/COLOR] My personal blog.

[URL="https://lotromusic.wordpress.com/"][COLOR=#008080]LOTRO Music[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#ffd700]~[/COLOR] ABCs, guides and resources for the compleat LOTRO musician.

My bet it is related to that sound bug we occasionally get from grouping with others and they can't hear the sound. There has to be some sort of connection to that and with the recent update it's grown into a more serious issue. The same goes for the not being able to see emotes when grouped with people on occasion. There has to be some line of code that is causing this and hopefully it can be found soon because like it has been mentioned there is Weatherstock coming up plus the numerous weekly events held on different servers. Hopefully Turbine can lock this problem down fast. Just keep at it

Quote Originally Posted by Tallon617 View Post
    My bet it is related to that sound bug we occasionally get from grouping with others and they can't hear the sound. There has to be some sort of connection to that and with the recent update it's grown into a more serious issue. The same goes for the not being able to see emotes when grouped with people on occasion. There has to be some line of code that is causing this and hopefully it can be found soon because like it has been mentioned there is Weatherstock coming up plus the numerous weekly events held on different servers. Hopefully Turbine can lock this problem down fast. Just keep at it
    I am very, very nervous about Weatherstock this year. At an Ales & Tales in Bree a few weeks ago, we found that Bree was layered, because of the festival. When I grouped with people to bring them over to the correct layer, I couldn't hear their music, nor could they hear mine.

Turbine has made the layer bigger for Weatherstock in the past, but it's still going to be a challenge for bands to get all their members in the right layer before grouping up: any layer wrangler who groups with a band member won't be able to hear that person's music, and relogging brings a chance of landing in the wrong layer.
    Mornawen "Molly" Bayberry
    Assistant Archivist of Bree, Landroval server
    Kinswoman of The Lonely Mountain Band

20. This bug is indeed a Weatherstock killer. People can't just relog, it takes far too long with 500 people around to reload the scenery.

This is very serious for us, the Lonely Mountain Band, and I would like to ask everyone to send a bug report if you haven't already. Please give as many info as you can give. You can file a bug with the /bug command.

I hope the devs can fix this in the next patch. Otherwise we are pretty much screwed.
    Last edited by Glenwin; May 14 2013 at 12:26 PM.

Sorry to say but I'm sceptical about the probability of a fix. I'm not sure if anyone at Turbine knows how the music system works anymore.

The "old" group play bug from update 10 isn't fixed yet, not sure if it is even an official "known issue" to Turbine.

I would however be very happy to be proven wrong!
    [LEFT][SIZE=1][color=#BFBFBF][I]Phede's mini minnie army: [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Phedelene[/color], [color=#FFFFFF]Netteellen[/color], [color=#FFFFFF]Ledepeter[/color][I] and [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Amorph[/color].
    [I]Proud member of [/I][url='http://s13.zetaboards.com/Andunie/'][color=#FFFFFF]Andúnië[/color][/url][I] and the [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Greenway Band[/color].
    [I]A small collection of Phedelene's original music (ABC's and MP3's) on [/I][url='http://sdrv.ms/ZMMwsA'][color=#FFFFFF]SkyDrive[/color][/url].[/color][/SIZE]

[color=#FFFFFF][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]FOR THE SAKE OF PRISONERS AND THE FLIGHT OF BIRDS.[/FONT][/SIZE][/color]
    [/LEFT]

Been playing fine for me all over trollshaws today. Wouldn't play anywhere at all for me yesterday.

Please Turbine, fix this and fast. The biggest player created event of the year is coming up in less than a month and that event REQUIRES the music system to be up and working.

The LOTRO music system is one of the most innovative and most fun ways for players to add enjoyment to the game that I have ever seen in any mmo EVER!

Currently the system is only partially functioning in large sections of the game world. Several instruments don't function at all in Bree (lute, harp, theo and drum) . In the elf housing area where my character has a home, no instrument works but if I go to the man housing area, things work. In Enedwaith, things seem to work. However, they did not work at all in Enedwaith yesterday for me. I have ported all over the place with my hunter and gotten conflicting and confusing results as to what works. Sometimes logging out and back into the game will fix it but this is only sometimes. Most times, things just don't work for me.

Please don't let such a wonderful game system that brings so much fun and creativity to the game world go unfixed....

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfyr View Post
    Please Turbine, fix this and fast. The biggest player created event of the year is coming up in less than a month and that event REQUIRES the music system to be up and working.

The LOTRO music system is one of the most innovative and most fun ways for players to add enjoyment to the game that I have ever seen in any mmo EVER!

Currently the system is only partially functioning in large sections of the game world. Several instruments don't function at all in Bree (lute, harp, theo and drum) . In the elf housing area where my character has a home, no instrument works but if I go to the man housing area, things work. In Enedwaith, things seem to work. However, they did not work at all in Enedwaith yesterday for me. I have ported all over the place with my hunter and gotten conflicting and confusing results as to what works. Sometimes logging out and back into the game will fix it but this is only sometimes. Most times, things just don't work for me.

Please don't let such a wonderful game system that brings so much fun and creativity to the game world go unfixed....
    +1 for this, well said

Come on Turbine make us proud!!
    Istuir - Warden and Caun to the Mithdirith - Loth-i-Lonnath

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast