We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

abc music system down from update 11?

Just logged in after the update 11 patch. Tried to play an .abc song in music mode. I see the notes graphic, but no audio.

Broken?

Submitted a ticket.

Orladan on Landroval found this. Only in the Bree township zone is music disabled. other zones music works fine...

Still a killer for RP'ers if you wanna play on stage or in the Prancing Pony...
    Last edited by Lolorndinfey; May 13 2013 at 07:05 PM.

Definitely something fishy in the music system post-patch.

It seems rather random if an instrument plays, be it manual or ABC.
    [LEFT][SIZE=1][color=#BFBFBF][I]Phede's mini minnie army: [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Phedelene[/color], [color=#FFFFFF]Netteellen[/color], [color=#FFFFFF]Ledepeter[/color][I] and [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Amorph[/color].
    [I]Proud member of [/I][url='http://s13.zetaboards.com/Andunie/'][color=#FFFFFF]Andúnië[/color][/url][I] and the [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Greenway Band[/color].
    [I]A small collection of Phedelene's original music (ABC's and MP3's) on [/I][url='http://sdrv.ms/ZMMwsA'][color=#FFFFFF]SkyDrive[/color][/url].[/color][/SIZE]

[color=#FFFFFF][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]FOR THE SAKE OF PRISONERS AND THE FLIGHT OF BIRDS.[/FONT][/SIZE][/color]
    [/LEFT]

Spoke too soon. Now mixed results when playing .abc songs. in the same zone when you enter or leave. sigh.

I'll confirm this. If the music plays, it lags a lot. The notes are flowing through the air, yet not a sound being made.

And Not being musically inclined I like playing musics on LOTRO lol

the inaudible .abc file bug seems to be related to zones that support layering. I just thought it odd that reports of chetwood and intermittent non-audio playback of .abc at various zone, then it hit me...all the blank/null zones are zones that support layering. Will update the bug submission to include this bit of hinted suggestion to find the bug.

I just tried to play in Snowbourn with the same result, everything looks as is should but no sound. I hope that helps yas track down the bug. Thank you.
    Estellost, loving husband of the wonderful Shinarra