We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by andracy View Post
    About 10 minutes ago from @LotroSupport:
    We have identified the root cause of today's issues, and are working on the fix.
    Logging in is not possible at the moment, while we work on a fix for today's issues. I will post an update when players can again log in.
    Thanks for the info from Twitter, Andracy. I don't, and won't, use it, so I and others like me often rely on nice folks like you (and the numerous others who have posted) to keep us informed.

LOTRO ‏@lotro 19m ago
    This is a patch server issue we are investigating. There is nothing you can do on your end to resolve it.
    No ETA atm.

So I sugest to don't mess anything more and stop trying to login for now since is not our issue. For sure they will not be able to fix it today.
    Also that dam maintenance webpage is really make posting very hard and that is why the information is slow.
    For me is 12 am so I better go and sleep.
    Andracy - Mns; Andrady - RK; Andrac - Hnt; Andracya - Brg; Gabytza - LM; Anduta - Warden
    Officer of Rangers of Eriador / Snowbourne

DA &&&

You will not believe it, i logged in and when i hit to play in a world it says status up and when i hit PLAY it turns from blue grey(the play buttom screen) and does not log in the world it just stuck there please notify me if someone else gets this issue and i let turbine know about this new issue.(Guys i am going to lose my patience)

Yep, not able to login at all.

I hope turbine at least compensates us for not being able to login today.

So I am still having issue with the launcher. Is the launcher suppose to download the new version and 'relaunch itself'?

to quote someone else:

I am apart of the crew that has these wide spread errors:
    Getting data centres > UNderlying connection closed.

Other times I've made it to Connect - Waiting. And that's it.

Is it just a waiting game?

Drkmojo's post funniest by far

Darn servers. Oh well, working in IT myself, I know how annoyingly stupid servers can be sometimes.

I don't expect any compensation as I'm not paying anything to play - I just hope it's all sorted when I come home from work tomorrow tho.

My advise to people trying to log on right now - go play/do something else and, if you're truly desperate, check the status in an hour or two - give the techs some time to work out the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by kostavrizov View Post
    You will not believe it, i logged in and when i hit to play in a world it says status up and when i hit PLAY it turns from blue grey(the play buttom screen) and does not log in the world it just stuck there please notify me if someone else gets this issue and i let turbine know about this new issue.(Guys i am going to lose my patience)
    I was just going to update this thread and am experiencing the exact same thing. Go to enter the world and it just sits there doing nothing--whether automatic or manually.

Looks like they're working on it. Guess just have to be patient and wait for a bit.
    Last edited by Matheteis; May 13 2013 at 06:03 PM.

I was having this problem from about 2pm EST until now. I logged into one of my accounts with no issues, then exited the game to hop onto the other, and got the error loop of death. I regularly restarted the launcher (It got stuck on Initializing a few times) and got the error quite a few times. A few hours later, and I got to log in. Hopefully they get this resolved, but my best advice to people is to just restart the launcher every once in a while. Takes some time, but it works. (Unless they fixed it and I'm the only one to post this. >.>)
    [center][color=hotpink]Mredothyn[/color] / [color=darkred]Attanamir [/color] / [color=green]Vallye [/color] / [color=seagreen]Hrafen [/color] / [color=royalblue]Duvainn[/color] / [color=gold]Larkyl[/color] / [color=orangered]Ansithe[/color][/center]
    [center][color=deeppink]Landroval[/color][/center]

I have the same problem(freazing play button and turn from blue to grey) thank you for wasting one day of my life.Hope you solve this problem Turbine.Please if anyone had this problem and loged in notify me and tell me what he did thank you

I had the same issue but then turned the windows proxy back on and was able to log in!

Quote Originally Posted by Deirdre76 View Post
    I had the same issue but then turned the windows proxy back on and was able to log in!
    i just turned it off in the launcher and i haven't been able to play this smooth ever

Well. I give up till the morning. All I get is a really large font of 'Initializing..' Anyways. The Mrs keeps bugging me for another child. Wish me and the little guys luck (already have a 4 yr old daughter tank, just need a son to RK and i'm sorted ;-) )
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/22219000000096082/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsight View Post
    i just turned it off in the launcher and i haven't been able to play this smooth ever
    Confirmed. Did this myself and I'm back in. Changed setting in launcher to "no proxy" and it booted right up.

Seems this time the hint with the setting changed to "no proxy" is truly a solution to one of the login problems. At least I get into the game now.

They made it possible to get the launcher running, but with the default setting they had the game still wouldn't start. This time it did.

Thanks for the advise. I hope though that they will fix the problem even for those who don't go searching for details like this in their settings.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Minuialel View Post
    Seems this time the hint with the setting changed to "no proxy" is truly a solution to one of the login problems. At least I get into the game now.

They made it possible to get the launcher running, but with the default setting they had the game still wouldn't start. This time it did.

Thanks for the advise. I hope though that they will fix the problem even for those who don't go searching for details like this in their settings.
    Since i started playing last week i have not been able to play for more then 15-20minutes at a time once or twice a day due to disconnects loading issues and i tried everything opening ports and firewalls reinstalling both the game and windows. but since the update and the few problems and then changing settings to no proxy i have been ingame for nearly an hour now running in and out of towns doors zones everything without a problem
    so something has changed for the better even tho they had all these troubles to start with

Update : i am still getting the disconnects but atleast i can play longer
    Last edited by Grimsight; May 13 2013 at 09:41 PM. Reason: i may have spoken to soon

I still stuck at the %33. proxy settins didnt solve my problem.

I'm at 44%. This is getting sad.

+1 stuck at 44% too

So I atleast got the launcher to load using the tip about copying TurbineInvoker from Backup, but then the launcher looks like this O.o

Is that WAI?
    Arkenhelm - 86 Loremaster (R6) - Landroval
    Ivalden - 76 Captain (R2) - Landroval
    Drankorg - Warg (R5) - Landroval
    Naurvion - 26 Loremaster - Landroval

I had the same problem.

Solved problem by turning of proxy server check box in internet explorer settings.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4