We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What happened to the Eomer Scroll Recipe?!?!?!?!!!

Okay since U11 live, I checked out the guild 100% recipe for the Eomor scroll and was surprised to find that instead of 4 versions the recipe had been cut down to just 1 version and it is the Vitality version. Nothing in the patch notes http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Notes-Official says anything about the recipe changing. I looked thru the other craft profession Eomer recipes like tailor and etc. and they still seem to have the different versions. You added the new wildermore teal recipes to the 100% guild recipes, but there does not seem to be a new scholar pocket 100% crit recipe. Was this just a brain fart on the Dev's part, or was this really meant to be?
    Last edited by Torinik; May 13 2013 at 12:28 PM.
    Survivor of the Great 07' Crash

I noticed that yesterday too. My friends and I checked almost every other profession, seems that only the scholar eomer pocket misses the other outputs.

I have already /bugged it. Please do /bug it.
    [COLOR=#E36C09][b]We Fight For Food Kinship[/b][/COLOR] - [COLOR=#9BBB59][i]Nimrodel Server[/i][/COLOR]
    Visit our [url=www.wefightforfood.com]website[/url] or find us on fb :)

Scholars have been getting a bad deal for a while anyway for rep gated recipes.

Bulk 'whatever' recipes are handy, but not really necessary since mats are usually plentiful enough to make a full stack, so we're stuck with just a pocket item which usually doesn't have that great stats anyway compared to the guild pocket.

I'm starting to wish I'd chosen a different profession. Jeweler's always have much more choice.

i /bugged this yesterday aswell, was annoyed as im making these for me and a few friends i play with before we hit 85, im of CD today and wanted to make the agi version

Angry

after FIX... bug still not fixed, is ppl from turbine even read forum here?

Quote Originally Posted by DvF View Post
    after FIX... bug still not fixed, is ppl from turbine even read forum here?
    Not really. If you want a bug fixed, you need to /bug it ingame.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

It's probably a bug. Still, wish I had made one for my hunter who's 71 and working her way to 85 here over the next several weeks had I known.

Or this could be an attempt to "encourage" us into the Wildemere rep grind if we want multi-output crafted pocket items now.
    “And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

I highly doubt it's a subtle way to "encourage" any kind of grinding. If it was they would have nerfed the basic stat of each output to make it less appealing. But as it was, the eomer pocket was the best option out there till one could get the gold recipe or the wildermore ones (the same rule that applies with the full eomer sets in every craft; they are a bridging gear, a decent option until one gets the better one). Plus the logic would be the same with the other crafting professions: eg. why the eomer ring still has all the outputs when one can get nicer ones from Snowbourn?

For me the fact that the other eomer recipes are intact points out to a bug for the pocket recipe. The weirdest thing is, I have seen far too many scholars (least on my server) being hesitant of even reporting this, because "it's a conspiracy for extra grinding". The thing is, the less people report this the lower it goes on the priority list. And, since the scholar guild does not offer any other significant benefits, except for the pocket and the ability to make LIs/relics, I really hope we get an answer from Turbine soon.

PS. I have been a Grand master scholar from day 1 of RoR and now that I was so close to actually making the AGI pocket for myself, I can't.
    [COLOR=#E36C09][b]We Fight For Food Kinship[/b][/COLOR] - [COLOR=#9BBB59][i]Nimrodel Server[/i][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by miofli View Post
    I have seen far too many scholars (least on my server) being hesitant of even reporting this, because "it's a conspiracy for extra grinding".
    A sorry state of affairs when many people even think that it's possible Turbine could be so cynical .. er, wait, they have form for that already so history can be a good teacher.

You can be certain it is intentional. The main 'prize' in Wildermore is the golden pocket item, and apart from the proc on this item the stats are not really (much) better than the Eomer scroll. By deleting the bigger part of the possible output of the scroll recipe, they want players to be motivated enough to buy and play Wildermore.

/signed

Quote Originally Posted by Eliahnus View Post
    You can be certain it is intentional. The main 'prize' in Wildermore is the golden pocket item, and apart from the proc on this item the stats are not really (much) better than the Eomer scroll. By deleting the bigger part of the possible output of the scroll recipe, they want players to be motivated enough to buy and play Wildermore.
    I really hope you are joking. Because your post is funny. You can be certain it was not intentional and unrelated to Wildemore rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by FundinStrongarm View Post
    I really hope you are joking. Because your post is funny. You can be certain it was not intentional and unrelated to Wildemore rewards.
    At this point such unethical behaviour wouldn't even surprise me anymore.
    Last edited by BirdofHermes; Jun 09 2013 at 07:09 AM.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

The non-guild recipe is still multi output, so I'm leaning more towards bug than "turbine-is-turning-us-into-grind-slaves" conspiracy theory.
    [SIZE=3]NO SLEEP 'TILL MORDOR!![/SIZE]

1 month gone and turbine still dont want to fix it... so its not bug its turbine way how to motivate ppl to grind for new pocket... its realy now a state, where its not ethically, u really dont want to respect players?

Fix goes live Wednesday June 12, 2013.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

YEAY!!!!

Quoting Sapience from tomorrow's release notes:

Crafting

• The craft guild recipe for the Scroll of Eomer should once again give you a choice of 4 multi-output items.
    Source

Yay

Glad that it's fixed, but just wondering about other servers, how much do you sell these scrolls for? I usually get around 21g for the defensive ones, but the highest offer I got on a combative one yesterday was 15. Seems like demand is going down and down

Quote Originally Posted by warthogonfire View Post
    Glad that it's fixed, but just wondering about other servers, how much do you sell these scrolls for? I usually get around 21g for the defensive ones, but the highest offer I got on a combative one yesterday was 15. Seems like demand is going down and down
    A couple of months ago I bought the Combative scroll for my Champ for 35G, but with the new pocket item of Wildermore that kind of money will be history.