Those of you who have submitted bugs from in-game may notice the Bug Reporting Form looks a little different with Update 11. This new form sends your bugs to a more robust database that will allow us to process and review reported bugs more efficiently and help us serve our customers more reliably.
A couple things about the form:
- It's going to ask for your Full Name. Obviously, this is not necessary with a bug report. Feel free to enter your forum name in this field, or even nonsense if you prefer. Just please keep it clean.
- You will be required to enter an email address.
- This does not have to be the email address you have registered to the game - it doesn't even need to be a real email address. It just needs something that follows a normal email address format for the form to submit (ie: firstname.lastname@example.org will work).
- Obviously we would prefer you enter a legitimate email address here in the event we would like to contact you concerning your bug (we assure you this information is not made public, nor would we use it for any other reason), however we appreciate your privacy and understand if you would rather not provide it.
- If you would like to provide a legitimate email address but have no desire to receive email confirmations as part of your bug submissions, simply assure the box at the bottom of the form labeled 'Email Notifications' is not checked (it is checked by default).
Currently both of these fields will need to be filled in every time you bring up the Submit a Bug Form. We understand this is an annoying hassle, and are looking into keeping these fields populated through log-in (they will clear every time you log out of the game, but we at least hope to get it to the point where it will maintain this information throughout each gaming session).
How to Submit Bugs
NOTE: This tool does not work properly with MacOS for in-game reporting. For a cleaner experience we encourage you to use the Forum Reporting method described below.
There are two ways to access the same form
- Type /bug in your Chat Box
- Then click Report A Bug
- Hit ESC
- Click Help
- Click Report A Bug
You will not have the opportunity to submit a screenshot or other attachment with your bug from in-game.
However, if you leave the 'Email Notification' box checked, you will receive an email notifying you that your bug was submitted successfully.
You can reply to this email, without changing the subject line, and provide more information, including attachments, about your bug. When you submit this email it will update the existing bug in our database with this new information.
Bugs can still be reported from outside the game by using the following link:
Click the Submit a Bug
button at the top of the forum page
- You can attach one screenshot or other file with your bug if you use this form.
- You will still receive email notifications, and therefore the ability to submit more information, if you choose to.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns with reporting bugs, and we will do our best to answer them.
Please keep all questions and comments in this thread relevant to the process of reporting bugs.
Please do not 'report' bugs on the forums by starting a thread or making a post in this thread. Bugs reported in this manner will not be submitted to our database and will take significantly longer for us to learn about and therefore address.
Submitted bugs are an extremely important tool for QA. The bug database is reviewed regularly, and bugs are submitted from QA to the Development team on a daily basis.
Please provide all information asked for in each field
Most of your character information will auto-fill if you use the in-game methods. Please fill in all the fields that do not.
Please provide your forum name as part of your bug. You may use the 'Full Name' field on the bug form to do this. Sometimes we need to contact you for further information and Private Messaging is our best way of doing this.
Description & Steps to Reproduce:
Please provide a short but clear description of your bug. Any details should be entered in the next field.
Location: Please try to report your bug from the location where it is happening
What we are looking for here is any kind of information that may help QA research and recreate the bug. If there are details, particularly with boss fights or instance runs, that you think may have contributed to the bug occurring, please include them with the bug.
We are not looking for you to reproduce the bug yourself or tell us how to fix it. That's our job, after all!
Screen Shots FTW!
We cannot emphasize enough how important the accuracy of this information is for us. If you cannot report the bug immediately, please type /loc
in your chat box. You can then scroll back in your chat log at a safer time and copy/paste this information in the details of your bug.
Please do not use the command ;loc - this returns information we cannot use. Please use /loc and provide the entire string of gibberish.
You know the old adage 'A picture is worth a thousand words'? Well, it's true. If you are having a graphics issue of any sort, you're reporting a landseam or clipping of cosmetic items, a floating object or an unreachable craft node - nearly anything you find yourself trying to describe the appearance of - please please please include a screenshot. Often our developers can just look at an issue and can determine the cause.
NOTE: If you are reporting a bug about the Interface not behaving properly, please assure you are using the default UI and have no alternate skins applied.