We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    It was a bug that Worn Symbols of the Elder King were originally found in Riddermark Gift Boxes during the Anniversary Festival. That was eventually fixed so that Tarnished Symbols of the Elder King would come from those Riddermark Gift Boxes instead. You can also rarely find a Tarnished Symbol of the Elder king in Riddermark-bound Lootboxes since Update 11. One of these things is probably what you're thinking of.

According to Amlug during beta testing on Bullroarer, Worn Symbols of the Elder King (the level 75 item) are intended to come from level 80-85 Gold Hobbit Presents. This is part of Turbine's commitment not to make end-game gear attainable through micro-transactions.
    Ah yes, that was it, thanks for explanation.

As for lvl 75 item for lvl 85 player, I can understand why devs chose to do that but personally I feel that they might just as well remove that item from the reward list (for lvl 80-85 players) entirely :/

Thank you. I'd give you rep but the system tells me I should spread it around. o.0
    [CENTER][COLOR=Lime]Elendilmir - 2 Garden Street, Bronworth, Bree-land Homesteads[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Cambridge - Rune-Keeper/Historian[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Orange]Quiddity Ingot - Lore Master/Explorer
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#6666ff]Kelswen, Maresa, Varanese, Marsala, Canterbury, Normandy[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Gilean-EU View Post
    Ah yes, that was it, thanks for explanation.

As for lvl 75 item for lvl 85 player, I can understand why devs chose to do that but personally I feel that they might just as well remove that item from the reward list (for lvl 80-85 players) entirely :/
    I wouldn't. A player who doesnt meld-top tier relics will find the L75 FA a huge improvement over an L85 2A in a few places.

Places I can see it being useful at level cap for a casual or even at a times a non casual player?
    RK-Healstone
    Champ-Rune
    Burg-Bag
    RK-DPS Bag.
    Mini-DPS Book.
    Last edited by Crell_1; May 16 2013 at 01:27 PM.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Wow. Just like everyone else, thank you for the effort you put into this!! I won a worn symbol on my first gold present, lucky me! I have won &&&& since.

We did a test after U11 with 2 x 300 hobbit gifts and calculated it into TP worth if anyone's interested. There is no doubt that you get items worth more in TP than what the gifts cost, but of course you have no control over *what* you get.

Last edited by Whiteberry_Laurelin; May 17 2013 at 05:02 AM.
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.

The results of these tests are possibly no longer valid. Yesterday's hotfix may or may not have included changes to the loottables of this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteberry_Laurelin View Post
    We did a test after U11
    Can I ask why TSoC's have a TP value attached? We can't buy them in the lotro store.

As for whether or not the data is valid? I find it hard to think they'd mess with the odds so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainothon View Post
    The results of these tests are possibly no longer valid. Yesterday's hotfix may or may not have included changes to the loottables of this feature.
    As I noted in the original post, Turbine can and probably will change the rewards and their odds throughout the lifetime of this system. Of note is that the prizes and their odds did not change at all during testing on Bullroarer, I opened an additional 5,000 or so presents during each of the four builds. I only used data from build 4 in this presentation because I felt it was most likely to represent what went live.

These numbers still serve as a good overview of Turbine's intent on the rarity of these rewards. Unlike Whiteberry (thank you!), I can't trust myself to spend real Mithril Coins on the live servers. If there's a chance to test Hobbit Presents again on Bullroarer, I'll do my best to collect new data.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Can I ask why TSoC's have a TP value attached? We can't buy them in the lotro store.

As for whether or not the data is valid? I find it hard to think they'd mess with the odds so quickly.
    The value is estimated. I didn't know what TP to set it to, so I set it to the same as Crystal of Remembrance, which might in hindsight be too high.
    Last edited by Whiteberry_Laurelin; May 17 2013 at 06:08 PM.
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.

Well it's been about a month now, and I haven't heard of anyone getting something not on this list, so I'm fairly certain it's complete.

I do not know if you have the time or inclination to retest this system, but they added various bags of bounders tokens in here. [Large Bag of Bounder's Tokens]; Mithril coins are still there as well.

Thumbs up

Great post

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    I do not know if you have the time or inclination to retest this system, but they added various bags of bounders tokens in here. [Large Bag of Bounder's Tokens]; Mithril coins are still there as well.
    I wasn't able to test these changes on Bullroarer, I'm sorry.

Without knowing how this additional loot profile was added, it's impossible to estimate how it might affect the odds of receiving the original items.

Thanks for this!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2