Greetings! When I first began playing Lotro (which was my very first mmo to have played), I selected Crickhollow as my server, mostly due to that I new little of the game and the servers themselves. Over the past three years, I have played on Crickhollow, and enjoyed some very good times, met some wonderful people, and even started my very own kinship, Durin's Folk.
My greatest enjoyment was the creation and writing of my Total Immersion stories which turned into a labour of love. The stories were well-received over on Crickhollow and was met with wonderful support and some very loyal readers during my adventures. Here are links to the first two Total Immersion stories over on Crickhollow:
Total-Immersion: The Quest for Moria
Total-Immersion:The Road Goes Ever On -A Hobbit's Tale
However, after my third year, I have decided to try a hand at a rp-encouraged server for the first time, and thus I choose Landroval! Of course, the first thing I wished to do is to develop the idea and plot for a new Total Immersion story, a dwarf Minstrel named Brimbur. And thus The Long Road to Esteldín was born...
For those who are unfamiliar with my Total Immersion stories, following is a list of the rules I adhere to while playing my toon. They are very strict and are intended to fully role play my character during the adventure set before him or her.
TOTAL IMMERSION RULES
1. Travel: I will only travel on foot or by regular mounts and absolutely no swift travel horses or map recall use. This can be waived when conducting toon upkeep, such as visiting a settlement to level. Except when in a quest, lair, dungeon, combat, etc, I will walk everywhere - I will allow myself to run for short periods of time, however, such as trying to run away from an enemy.
2. Chat / Speech: I will always stay in rp character at all times during Chat. I will chat in OOC when it is necessary however, since there are times I might want to talk to someone out of game.
3. Food and Rest: I will follow the LOTRO day/night cycle closely and force myself to rest at a safe location such as an inn or in a town if such an inn is not available. The day/night cycles are:
I must rest during the night cycles of Evening, Midnight, Late Watches and Foredawn each day (or at least camp/rest for four cycles each day/evening). I can hang around an inn, for example, and rp a bit with other players, but no going out into town to shop or craft, etc. This is to simulate my character actually resting. During the rest time I must eat a meal of some kind - Brimbur is not unfond of good food and drink, and so he will try to enjoy a morning breakfast and dinner each day.
If I am away from a town or settlement, things will become more tricky. I will attempt to find a safe spot to camp for the evening - this means halting my journey and actually sit my toon down for rest.
4. Promoting Realism: This rule is a catch-all for such things as no jumping off high cliffs, swimming with armour on, jumping around while I am moving, jumping every fence I come across, etc.
5. Level Restrictions: For reasons that will be explained later, my toon, Brimbur, will be equipped with an XP Disabler - he can only gain xp during quests that will be followed for the story. He cannot gain xp by crafting at any time, unless it is a crafting quest. I will also restrict my defeating of mobs to a minimum - so no going after every mob I see. I will only target mobs that are in my path or ambush me. Additionally, Brimbur cannot advance past the level of 14th during his adventure.
6. Death and Defeat: Since I love a challenge, I will add in a harsh rule for myself. Brimbur cannot be defeated by any means during the story - should this occur, he will be considered truly dead. To track this, I will periodically post screenshots of the Survival titles as I receive them, beginning with "The Wary", which you gain when reaching level 5 without being defeated in battle. This is followed by the Undefeated (level 10th), the Indomitable (level 14th), the Unscathed (level 17th) and finally with the Undying (level 20th).
7. Arms and Armour: I will begin Brimbur equipped with gear gained during the Intro portion of the game. After that, he may only equip or use equipment gained via mob drops or gained by the completion of quests. So, he may not craft gear for himself, or purchase gear from a vendor or the Auction House.
8. My Tale: As always, I will keep a log here on this thread of my travels. I will not partake in any quest that is not detailed in the general story line. This will probably limit my level advancement considerably. For sake of the adventure, I will be using the Shire calendar during the story:
I should be starting the Total Immersion adventure within a week and hopefully will have the first chapter posted soon after that! as in all my Total Immersion stories, I must rely on the good will and aid of other role players in the game, so if anyone is interested in joining the fun, please sent me a TELL or MAIL in game, or send me forum mail. Cheers!