We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Scaled instances?

Hey everyone!

I haven't raided or grouped for instances since SOA and Moria. I'm at level 80 and working toward level 85. I keep seeing in the GLFF channel people looking to do groups for old Moria instances, as well as others. Would you guys kindly please answer a few questions from a long-timer who is completely lost? I'd really appreciate your help. Thanks!

• Are these instances all scaled to level? I am especially referring to the Moria ones, like Dark Delvings, but I'm curious about the others as well.
    • If some aren't scaled, which ones, or how do I easily tell in-game?
    • Should I assume that when they are LFG in the GLFF channel that they expect me to be level capped and geared/virtued out to the teeth already? Or are they sometimes doing things at the original intended level? I'd love to jump in. Leveling solo all the time is rather dull. But I don't want to make people exasperated if they were expecting a level capped player. I can wait another 5 levels if I must!
    • If they're scaled, where are the quest hubs to pick them up so I can get tokens or whatever is being bartered these days? I'd imagine things have been remodeled significantly since I last ran these things.
    • What exactly is being bartered? I know some of these have got to be scaled, but I'm unsure what the big reward is these days, or where to turn in tokens or whatever.
    • While we're talking groups, what's the new minimum expected virtue level these days? (Ex. Must have all virtues at 10, or 15, or...?) (Oh, please don't say 15! I have minimum 10, and more. Just don't say 15! Ugh!)
    • Does that virtue level apply for the smaller instances (such as Moria) as opposed to full out raids? I much prefer doing the smaller instances, and I would hope the entry requirements wouldn't be as strict.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullets View Post
    [*]Are these instances all scaled to level? I am especially referring to the Moria ones, like Dark Delvings, but I'm curious about the others as well.
    Not Moria ones, no.

[*]If some aren't scaled, which ones, or how do I easily tell in-game?
    Your instance join panel lists scaled and non-scaled instances separately.

[*]Should I assume that when they are LFG in the GLFF channel that they expect me to be level capped and geared/virtued out to the teeth already? Or are they sometimes doing things at the original intended level? I'd love to jump in. Leveling solo all the time is rather dull. But I don't want to make people exasperated if they were expecting a level capped player. I can wait another 5 levels if I must!
    Level capped, yes. Virtue/geared out, no. There are almost no sub-85 instance runs advertised, at least on my server (Eldar). But unless your gear and virtues truly suck or you encounter an &&& of a leader, you won't be gear-checked. Most scaled instances are /faceroll easy.

[*]If they're scaled, where are the quest hubs to pick them up so I can get tokens or whatever is being bartered these days? I'd imagine things have been remodeled significantly since I last ran these things.
    Seals/medallions/marks, which are a universal currency and automatically bestowed on quest/instance completion. Quests are auto-bestowed when you enter the instance. The existing one-off quests for the Moria instances remain to be picked up from the various quest givers.

[*]What exactly is being bartered? I know some of these have got to be scaled, but I'm unsure what the big reward is these days, or where to turn in tokens or whatever.
    Go and explore the barterers at your nearest skirmish camp. It's all there, pretty much.

[*]While we're talking groups, what's the new minimum expected virtue level these days? (Ex. Must have all virtues at 10, or 15, or...?) (Oh, please don't say 15! I have minimum 10, and more. Just don't say 15! Ugh!)
    See above. 10 is fine. More is better.

[*]Does that virtue level apply for the smaller instances (such as Moria) as opposed to full out raids? I much prefer doing the smaller instances, and I would hope the entry requirements wouldn't be as strict.
    See above.

Thank you so much! This is all good to know!

I take it people are still running the Moria instances for the class legendary skill items, then? That's actually nice to know. I've been feeling a bit nostalgic. Not to mention there's a few of the instances I never even saw, or only saw part of. I wouldn't mind helping a group out, even if I wipe things out a little too quickly.

Thanks again!

Thank you so much! This is all good to know!
    You're welcome.

I take it people are still running the Moria instances for the class legendary skill items, then?
    No. Those items are now rewarded from an earlier - solo - part of the quest chain. The group quest is now optional.

People run the Moria instances for fun and/or for deeds. Many can be soloed by some classes at lvl 85 and except for Gurvand (still a nasty dude) can be blitzed by 3 players easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmas_Eldar View Post
    No. Those items are now rewarded from an earlier - solo - part of the quest chain. The group quest is now optional.

People run the Moria instances for fun and/or for deeds. Many can be soloed by some classes at lvl 85 and except for Gurvand (still a nasty dude) can be blitzed by 3 players easily.
    Ah, that makes sense! Now that I think of it, I probably do have quite a few unfinished deeds even for the instances I did run back in the day. Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it!