We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Arrow lotteries & hobbit gifts

personally i wouldn't see any problem to having the hobbit presents taking the place of the lottery. anyone who would?
    there hasn't been a lottery in quite a while now and an automated gift is a fine way of getting it done!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000023b930/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

No. I like the lotteries too much!

The hobbit gifts are a present to all who log in, with added perks for VIP's.

The lotteries are a feature for those who use the community site.

Two different crowds.

I really appreciate the lotteries too much to have them replaced by the hobbit gifts. The lotteries are my LOTRO away from home. When I can't use the client, I can Always find a place with internet connection and enter a lottery. For example when I'm on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainothon View Post
    No. I like the lotteries too much!

The hobbit gifts are a present to all who log in, with added perks for VIP's.

The lotteries are a feature for those who use the community site.

Two different crowds.

I really appreciate the lotteries too much to have them replaced by the hobbit gifts. The lotteries are my LOTRO away from home. When I can't use the client, I can Always find a place with internet connection and enter a lottery. For example when I'm on vacation.
    This.
    To say nothing of the fact that the Lotteries traditionally have a much greater range of items, including stuff you wont ever find in your daily hobbit box.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by coureureke View Post
    personally i wouldn't see any problem to having the hobbit presents taking the place of the lottery. anyone who would?
    there hasn't been a lottery in quite a while now and an automated gift is a fine way of getting it done!
    If i remember correctly Sapience has already stated that lotteries and presents will run together.

I think mainly the reason that the lotteries aren't running as often as they normally do is simply because we are getting a community site revamp which includes a new and better lottery system, and they're waiting for that to be rolled out before kicking off and starting the lotteries again full time.
    [I][URL="http://www.swgrp.co.uk/main/socks/"]Wet Socks & Two Smoking Hobits: the mad ramblings of Handee Pokits[/URL][/I]

FREE

The Hobit gifts are said to be free but aren't. They at least cost mithril coins. "Free" is without cost or obligation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Juger View Post
    The Hobit gifts are said to be free but aren't. They at least cost mithril coins. "Free" is without cost or obligation.
    I gotten a number of silver and gold presents without paying anything. I do not have any Mithril Coins on one account. The buy buttons are grayed out.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    I gotten a number of silver and gold presents without paying anything. I do not have any Mithril Coins on one account. The buy buttons are grayed out.
    Without paying anything more. Silver presents are once per day per account, and VIPs get a gold one once per week per account. (technically, per server, but so few people bother with more than one server) =)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Juger View Post
    In the past 38 days (since resuming the game after a break), I have gotten 37 Hobbit Presents. I have not spent so much as a single Mithril Coin. (In fact, while I somehow ended up with 40 free coins due to some currency conversion or other, I still have all 40. I have NEVER used any, for any purpose.)

Nobody has to pay for a single Hobbit Present a day. Therefore, they are free.

Oh, sure, you can use the Coins to get more, but you are not obligated to. You can not hold Turbine responsible for that.

Turbine is saying "Have a free gift every day you log in, with the chance to buy extras if you want to." Do they want people TO spend Mithril Coins on it? Of course. They are still a company. They HAVE to make money somehow, to pay their employees and maintenance costs, with enough profit to fund new things. However, we have the almighty power to CHOOSE NOT TO spend those coins! I know, it's a mind-boggling concept, but we, as players, are capable of not clicking on the button to spend coins for extra gifts!

"Free" is without cost or obligation - your own words. There is no cost to the daily gifts. And there is no obligation to purchase more.
    (I should probably change this to a real sig now, but I'm busy playing LotRO.)