We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: PvP Question

PvP Question

Hi, I have a level 85 Lore-Master, r7, full Audacity, DPS, etc on the Imladris server (also a r5 Defiler)

The Imladris server can be described in one word...unbalanced. In PvMP that is. The Creeps do nothing but die/be camped at Grams literally all day long. Rarely they group up and take stuff (in the morning when most Freeps are offline/asleep of course) but not shortly after 3:00 averagely in the afternoon, Freeps take everything (Freeps would take Grothum, DG, and Grams if they could. Multiple times have Freeps got inside Grams as well)

Basicly, Freeps are high-ranks, have the nessecary knowledge, have more then enough leaders, etc and the Creeps are nothing but comms and renown. A creep quoted once "We are only here to entertain the VIPs" so yes Imladris is very unbalanced on top of constant drama.

I was looking for a server to move to in Update 11 but I do not know what PvP server is the most balanced, this server however Dwarrowdelf seems nice

So I need to know a few things before I switch such as:

Do Freeps rule PvP?
    Do Creeps rule PvP?
    Is it balanced?
    Do both sides have high-ranks/leaders?
    Is the server large?
    Is the server small?
    Are there many intelligent players?

Just stuff like that.

Thanks
    PoisyCrowz

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoncrow View Post
    I was looking for a server to move to in Update 11 but I do not know what PvP server is the most balanced, this server however Dwarrowdelf seems nice
    You know this is Crickhollow, right? >.>

Anyways, I'd say there is no real dominance by either side due to the fact that there aren't really many experienced players here, this is a small and new server, can mostly shape your playtime how you want if you manage to get up to 6 decent people around. Neither side has regular raid leaders while raids do happen the real leaders kinda are MIA most raid action means that both sides just fight till one gets bored or has to leave due to other reasons.

All in all I'd say it is OK, but depends on the time of the day largely as well, roll a creep and check it? Earlier it was sort of a Gv camp then creeps kept getting ganged up on inside of OC...

P.S. Afaik x-fers still broken

Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

I remember you, Poisoncrow. I did transfer from Imladris. There are a few raids that go on. Zergs are multiple and happen often. People will be star huggers. Not camps all the time. But unless Imladris took a drastic change for the worse, you're better off there. Heck, the freeps have Apache and Akia over there. They're always open to lead raids. As a freep, you're much better off there, even though the drama is intense.

Do Freeps rule PvP? Sometimes
    Do Creeps rule PvP? Sometimes
    Is it balanced? You could say that
    Do both sides have high-ranks/leaders? Not really.
    Is the server large? Nope.
    Is the server small? ... Yes.
    Are there many intelligent players? I don't know about intelligence, but there are only a few experienced players. I hope that's what you meant by "intelligent players".

Quiet during the day, decent during the evening and dead past 1 am (server time). Don't expect solo action here. The RvRs are fun most of the time though.

In other words, this is probably not the best server for an hardcore pvp'er, but it's fine otherwise.
    Last edited by Arnahk; May 11 2013 at 08:28 AM.
    Ahrean ~ Wabby ~ Licht ~ Riddermark.
    Misternoodle ~ Melondeau ~ Maex ~ Brandywine.
    Evna ~ Avely ~ Yleva ~ Meneldor
    Clownfish ~ Dictator ~ Batadainder (or something like that) ~ Squirter ~ Crickhollow

who rules changes basically every day. often several times in a day if you call that balanced woohoo. both sides are very prone to stacking too many healers when they do raid up big RVR usually doesn't happen cuz there isn't enough people on.. 10v14 or something is pretty normal sized. I personally disagree with arnakh I spend most of my days solo and I do just fine here most of the time. to sum up crick if you want a server you spend half your day trying to find something to kill and the other half either being zerged or being in a zerg your gonna love it, there are some fun fights, but it is a very small server you can't expect constant action like 1 would on a bigger server
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140100000af094/signature.png]Baneoffirehands[/charsig]
    R8 RK, R8 champ, R7 burg, R8 warden. R13 warg, R10 spider, R9 reaver, R8 Warleader R6 BA

Quote Originally Posted by firehandsjr View Post
    I personally disagree with arnakh I spend most of my days solo and I do just fine here most of the time. to sum up crick if you want a server you spend half your day trying to find something to kill and the other half either being zerged or being in a zerg your gonna love it, there are some fun fights, but it is a very small server you can't expect constant action like 1 would on a bigger server
    Ok then... Not "solo-friendly"

Soloing stands for roaming around the map solo, looking for other soloers/small groups to kill (non-existant here in my opinion). GTagging is far more common and isn't considered as solo'ing in my book. There might be a few exceptions, but that's about it.
    Ahrean ~ Wabby ~ Licht ~ Riddermark.
    Misternoodle ~ Melondeau ~ Maex ~ Brandywine.
    Evna ~ Avely ~ Yleva ~ Meneldor
    Clownfish ~ Dictator ~ Batadainder (or something like that) ~ Squirter ~ Crickhollow