We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: PvP Question

PvP Question

Hi, I have a level 85 Lore-Master, r7, full Audacity, DPS, etc on the Imladris server (also a r5 Defiler)

The Imladris server can be described in one word...unbalanced. In PvMP that is. The Creeps do nothing but die/be camped at Grams literally all day long. Rarely they group up and take stuff (in the morning when most Freeps are offline/asleep of course) but not shortly after 3:00 averagely in the afternoon, Freeps take everything (Freeps would take Grothum, DG, and Grams if they could. Multiple times have Freeps got inside Grams as well)

Basicly, Freeps are high-ranks, have the nessecary knowledge, have more then enough leaders, etc and the Creeps are nothing but comms and renown. A creep quoted once "We are only here to entertain the VIPs" so yes Imladris is very unbalanced on top of constant drama.

I was looking for a server to move to in Update 11 but I do not know what PvP server is the most balanced, this server however Dwarrowdelf seems nice

So I need to know a few things before I switch such as:

Do Freeps rule PvP?
    Do Creeps rule PvP?
    Is it balanced?
    Do both sides have high-ranks/leaders?
    Is the server large?
    Is the server small?
    Are there many intelligent players?

Just stuff like that.

Thanks
    PoisyCrowz

Pretty Good

So first off id like to say that no server is balanced cuz right now freeps pretty much have the upper hand but this server is pretty close. The server is not the biggest. It is not the smallest. sometimes there will be only few freeps/creeps out. Sometimes there will be raids vs raids. Yes we have leaders but there not on 24/7. Sometimes there lots of grouping sometimes theirs lots of soloing. There are some pretty high ranked guys that take lead and are amazing at there class. When high ranks take lead we have good fights and good times. Its mostly freeps winning but sometimes us awesome creeps will roll. So yes i think its good server and as long as your not a water lore spammer i would love to farm you hope to see you soon
    [IMG]http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz274/williamwegertjr/signigture_zps382aa4d5.jpg[/IMG]

This one is far from balanced as many high ranked freeps out number lower rank creeps.

It's really an ugly situation out there atm.

Many of our high ranked creeps also have freeps or stopped playing all together.

This is a decent server if you like occasional small group action or roaming around solo.
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

First off, sorry to hear about the state of Imladris. But, to get to your questions...

1. No not really. If some of the higher ranks/veterans begin to group up then they generally start to roll. However, this is more due to the fact that freeps have the upper hand in most all aspects of PvMP atm.

2. During the afternoon/morning creeps tend to outnumber, and thus conquer freep groups, but when freeps get decent numbers the fights are usually pretty even.

3. Balance is more dependent on game mechanics than the server you play on, but yes, the fights do tend to split evenly.

4. Honestly, from what I recall, freepside doesn't really have any dedicated raid leaders atm. Generally freep groups are led (sometimes well, sometimes not) on a as-needed basis. Creepside has a few leaders (I lead small groups and the occasional raid myself, although it's not my preference), including one who is exceptional at defeating freeps (Xik, r11-12 (can't remember) defiler).

5 and 6. The server is kind of right in the middle. DD isn't a small server in terms of pvp (20v20 fights happen during primetime fairly often), but it's not large either. Just in-between.

7. In my opinion creepside has several intelligent, and friendly players. I can't speak as much for freepside since I myself do not freep, but I do know several freeps who are some of the classiest guys I've met.

For a few parting words, remember that DD, like any other server has it's trolls, but I've gotten quite a few belly laughs from the comments in creep OOC. Take the time to get to know people, and you'll find DD has a pretty great community (again, can only speak for creepside on this).

Good luck on your decision!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000e1dea/signature.png]Andrag[/charsig]

It really depends on the time you play.
    At times this server can be as quiet as the grave in pvmp - as I write this very post I am standing near EC wondering why there is only one r0 creep online and nothing else for me to kill?

But at times there will be large raids out on both sides. Every now and then small group action happens around the map and then it gets fun.

Quite variable in summary.

This server all depends on the time you play. Living where I do, I don't see much action. However a bit later, the action suddenly picks up when freeps come out to play, so I've established a basic routine of questing early, freep-killing later. This works well for me as it means I can get the most out of my PvMP experience, but again, it's all a matter of personal preference.
    In terms of balance, I can safely say that freeps rule PvP. However we creeps give them a good run for their money. When Shap's on when I'm on, I can often be found in his group slowly (or quickly) covering the map, and sometimes even a Delving boss or two. So yeah, as has been previously stated, Dwarrowdelf is ruled by freeps, but in comparison is actually one of the most balanced servers.
    High ranks? We have our fair share of those. Just yesterday Saenanthra became the first (or second, I don't know if Veenom's done it yet because my leaderboards went mental ages ago) rank 12 spider, and Jasiak got rank 12 recently too. Freepside, there's almost always a rank 12 on, though not always with a perfectly 'clean' record.

From what you've said about Imladris, I can definitely say I don't want to be a creep there (having spent an hour PvMPing on Withywindle I can also say I don't want to be a creep or a freep there) and it looks like Dwarrowdelf would be a much better place for you.
    Dwarrowdelf-Gothash-R9 Reaver
    @Celedreor-R5 Hunter
    'Naked dwarf on fire. That can't be good.'
    ~ Sapience

I come from Imladris too, and I must say that this server has been waaaay better than there. However, I don't think you will find balanced PvP in any server, as someone said, freeps have the upper hand. If you like small servers I think this is probably the best, however you should look for other options.

There are very few group leaders on creep side from what I have seen. If/when they do get grouped and organized the fights are fun and you can tell when one person is leading a raid.

I returned to freeping a few months ago after leaving the moors for over a year. I get a group going pretty much every time I go out.

There is decent balance in the game when creeps get organized, and with a few improvements to 4 of the creep classes balance would be close to perfect imo.

It's a nice in between sized server and I enjoy it a lot.

Morale of the story....come to the big D!.....that sounded wrong anyway hope to see you soon and dont spam water lore or i will cj you tell you die....again.
    [IMG]http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz274/williamwegertjr/signigture_zps382aa4d5.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by stormshadowking View Post
    Morale of the story....come to the big D!.....that sounded wrong anyway hope to see you soon and dont spam water lore or i will cj you tell you die....again.

Sorry to say but my title is actually Poisoncrow, Waterlorespammer >:P

The server sounds good though, most say its fun and balanced but with the occassional freeps having better combat abilities.

Also thanks everyone for telling me about the server! I will see you guys in Update11, prepare to be stunned, rooted, and dazed.
    PoisyCrowz

Quote Originally Posted by Inglaran View Post
    I come from Imladris too, and I must say that this server has been waaaay better than there. However, I don't think you will find balanced PvP in any server, as someone said, freeps have the upper hand. If you like small servers I think this is probably the best, however you should look for other options.
    Every server but Withy is better than Imladris when it comes to pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoncrow View Post
    Sorry to say but my title is actually Poisoncrow, Waterlorespammer >:P

The server sounds good though, most say its fun and balanced but with the occassional freeps having better combat abilities.

Also thanks everyone for telling me about the server! I will see you guys in Update11, prepare to be stunned, rooted, and dazed.
    Be prepared to be farmed and cjed then

i personally think its a good server, we take turns rolling, there are good and bad days like any server, but map shifts blue to red and back again, even though ta is usually red. If you do decide to come over here talk to me, xik( also known as windex, zaquos, snapkrakalepop), we can help, and for the exception of a few the people are nice unless your really stupid and annoying. hope to see you here.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000092dab/signature.png]Narlob[/charsig]

One last thing before you move.

Lifting is essential. All non lifters will be deported back to their orriginal servers. ;P

So..

Make sure you start lifting or if you are already an experienced lifter, you may join our ranks right away.

Also, nudes on Dwarrow Faces Page is essential for proper voice to face recognition.

See you out here \o?
    Officially, Exclusively, Playstyles, Connvicted, Kickkback, Yoloswagkingg.