We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sambrog pocket item drops are too rare

OK it wouldn't be so bad if the instance wasnt glitched out at the end, those wights that are stuck respawning forever and ever....

And some champs seem to get 4 of the same helmet. WHAT IS WRONG HERE??? It's getting really difficult to get a group together, it seems like nobody has much patience for it anymore, which sucks because I must have played it 400 times by now, dont get me wrong its fun, but I think its about time I got a deserving drop.
    Can I has fixed Fornost and ITA lootboxes?

Out of curiosity, what do you think the drop rate should​ be, just off the top of your head? What would seem fair to you?

Quote Originally Posted by masumane View Post
    OK it wouldn't be so bad if the instance wasnt glitched out at the end, those wights that are stuck respawning forever and ever....
    Either kill him faster or kill him slower.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    Out of curiosity, what do you think the drop rate should​ be, just off the top of your head? What would seem fair to you?
    1% maybe 1.5%

Even still there will be people with "bad luck" streaks and will likely never earn their gold pocket item

1% maybe 1.5%

Even still there will be people with "bad luck" streaks and will likely never earn their gold pocket item
    That was going to be exactly my point. Even at 1%, not getting the item after 200 runs is only moderately unlucky. After 400 runs, it's very unlucky. But the unluckiest of all players (there always has to be at least one) will never get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    Either kill him faster or kill him slower.
    I've also heard to kill him close to the crypt but I dont think it matters, the glitch is just random

I was playing just now and our leader said something funny when we got to the chest

"someone just open it, anyone open it, luck isnt even real."
    "just run it for a couple weeks straight and youll get what you want, it sounds crazy but I did"

I have been running Sammie for awhile, but I havent received any gold item either. I saw a champion looted a gold helmet which he said he had already had. Do you think I should buy a horseshoe item (i saw people having this pocket item)? Where do I get it from? Btw, what Hunter' gold item drop in Sammie run?
    Nothing is Impossible

You cant buy the horseshoe its a quest item... If you chose the legacy of agility/might/fate etc you cant get it anymore Im pretty sure

Thanks for you response. Btw, what quest is it?
    Nothing is Impossible

Quote Originally Posted by Lagunast View Post
    Thanks for you response. Btw, what quest is it?
    It's one of the first set of quests in the Volume 3 Epic. It takes place in Eregion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagunast View Post
    Btw, what Hunter' gold item drop in Sammie run?
    It is a pocket item.
    Arkenstone

Guardian of the Free Peoples & Bree Land Brewing Company

Dobraine - Warden l Dobriana - Rune Keeper
    Dobrion - Burglar l Dobralia - Minstrel
    Shiona - Lore Master l Dobriel - Captain
    Cruxius - Guardian l Nephilym - Warden
    Arcamedes - Rune Keeper l Yukiri - Hunter

Could try running different instances besides Sambrog. Any gold items our kin has gotten from GB have been from Thadur. Honestly we just run a plethora of different ones every night for fun and if something like that drops, yay. Usually comes when you least expect it.

And some champs seem to get 4 of the same helmet. WHAT IS WRONG HERE??? It's getting really difficult to get a group together, it seems like nobody has much patience for it anymore, which sucks because I must have played it 400 times by now, dont get me wrong its fun, but I think its about time I got a deserving drop.
    You're complaining about Sambrog? Lol you clearly haven't farmed StH or NCF. I have NEVER seen a teal drop from there let alone a gold class item and I must have farmed those over 100 times. But then my minstrel has 5 minstrel hats that all dropped from BfE. And my warden got her shield the 2nd time running Dale, my hunter got her gold bracelet the first time running school, my captain got her gold shoulders the first time running Dale but it took her like 10 runs to get the teal might earring. The loot tables are messed up. While the gold warden earrings would be extremely lovely to have, I'd settle with the teal Gaunt Lord Earrings, but they never drop for me.
    [center][IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/dc62au.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=#FF00FF]Creeps: Highly Unimpressed, Babyasparagus, Schleichend | Blood Hand[/color]
    [color=#FF00FF]Freeps: Euphonious-1, Enthralling/-1/-2/-3, Mellifluous-1, Tantalizing-1, Xiexieni | Revolution[/color]
    [/center]

Not rare at all.
    A friend got it after 2 runs.

As others said, the loot rate is abnormal on Stoneheight
    For Sambrog, it is totally normal

Quote Originally Posted by QueenArleth View Post
    You're complaining about Sambrog? Lol you clearly haven't farmed StH or NCF. I have NEVER seen a teal drop from there let alone a gold class item and I must have farmed those over 100 times. But then my minstrel has 5 minstrel hats that all dropped from BfE. And my warden got her shield the 2nd time running Dale, my hunter got her gold bracelet the first time running school, my captain got her gold shoulders the first time running Dale but it took her like 10 runs to get the teal might earring. The loot tables are messed up. While the gold warden earrings would be extremely lovely to have, I'd settle with the teal Gaunt Lord Earrings, but they never drop for me.
    The above leads me to believe that some accounts have some sort of flag or advantage over other accounts in getting golden/legendary class items. That is just absolutely ridiculous.

It took me 1295 runs. That's ONE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY-FIVE runs before I got my first (and only) golden class item on any of my characters.

To see people complaining about anything when they have the luck of getting golden items left and right makes me sick :-P
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

at this point, you can probably get one on the auction house for under 30 gold...
    after you buy it, inevitably they'll start dropping like candy.

Loot drop rates are ridiculous right now, it was great for world content, terrible idea for instance content.
    105 (Captain, Champion)

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    The above leads me to believe that some accounts have some sort of flag or advantage over other accounts in getting golden/legendary class items. That is just absolutely ridiculous.

It took me 1295 runs. That's ONE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY-FIVE runs before I got my first (and only) golden class item on any of my characters.
    You sound like you might possibly be sitting on some useful data.

Can I ask if you kept any other useful data points? How many other people you saw get them? (Who) Which runs were run how many times? Did you break up data between U10/U10.0.1/U10.1? Which character ran it (since your tracking multiple characters)

I'd like to do what I can to solve this potential-WI-style problem because aside from issues with specific content, it is one of the largest things that players I interact with regularly find disheartening, that no matter how many times they try (and some are approaching your level of runs), they can't manage to get stuff.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    You sound like you might possibly be sitting on some useful data.

Can I ask if you kept any other useful data points? How many other people you saw get them? (Who) Which runs were run how many times? Did you break up data between U10/U10.0.1/U10.1? Which character ran it (since your tracking multiple characters)

I'd like to do what I can to solve this potential-WI-style problem because aside from issues with specific content, it is one of the largest things that players I interact with regularly find disheartening, that no matter how many times they try (and some are approaching your level of runs), they can't manage to get stuff.
    My data is all gleaned from Control-K skirmish stats window, with max level only data. (checkbox at the bottom of the window)

I took all the Boss Kills ONLY for the scaled instances that can give golden class items. (Yes, this involves picking out the instances and adding them up with a calculator) This was from when Update 9 released until now.

I did not keep any data on other people but one trend that I DO know is true - when someone gets a gold item it is always best to keep running that same instance as quickly as possible. These gold items come in streaks for anyone and everyone running the instances (i.e. those in your group and those not in your group). If you see someone link a gold item up in GLFF after they just got it, run the instance they got it in. Someone in your group will have a much higher chance of getting a gold item then.

When I got my first and only golden class item I was in a group where first the loremaster got their golden pocket item and then a run or two later the minstrel in the group got theirs. That group then broke up and I joined another one. About 3 runs in that group and I got my golden pocket item.

It was just after the loremaster/minstrel got their golden items and that group broke up is when I sat there and calculated all the runs I had done. At that point it came up to 1292 or something. I even took a screenshot with the InCalc plugin on screen with the number.

I think I took pics of Sambrog/Thadur and The Maze stats at that point as well. I'll try to get those pics and post 'em up.
    Last edited by ChromiteSwiftpaw; May 10 2013 at 03:16 PM.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

To see people complaining about anything when they have the luck of getting golden items left and right makes me sick :-P
    If that were the case I would have my Warden Earring and the Cloak, but I don't. Instead I have the Jacket from Annuminas (the DPS one, I don't ever DPS, I'm a tank), and the pocket item, which is also a DPS item. And my minstrel, can't tell you how many times I've farmed Mirk instances for the shield. Never got it, but he's gotten 5 of the same hats. All in different colors though, I wrote a post about it: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...m-quot-Dilemma
    [color=#FF00FF]Creeps: Highly Unimpressed, Babyasparagus, Schleichend | Blood Hand[/color]
    [color=#FF00FF]Freeps: Euphonious-1, Enthralling/-1/-2/-3, Mellifluous-1, Tantalizing-1, Xiexieni | Revolution[/color]
    [/center]

Tonight, we had 2 characters win their fornost gold in the same run.. We were shocked.. someone else even got a purple item! (Which was almost enough of a shock if it'd been by itself!)

If that were the case I would have my Warden Earring and the Cloak, but I don't.
    Or there's another factor to the RNG seed/math, such as 'instance cluster'; or Character-ID. Your statement about having more than one of the same item could potentially lend support to this theory, but sadly, the system is such a closed box, that I doubt we'll ever get a clue how it operates or any kind of admission there might be a problem unless they fix it.

I dont seem to see lucky-accounts. Only lucky characters.

I got my hunter pocket item after around 80 runs (160-ish boss kills in counter, the area with the wights where you get a few marks/meds counts as a boss kill in your skirmish stats panel). So I was happy.

The problem was.... the very next day with TWO other hunters in the group, I got the item *again*. This pissed me off, as one of the other hunters deserved it if I already had it. All I could do with it is vendor it.

Now making items unique might be a problem as all other jewelry items have 2 slots (except necklace), but one might want to consider making the single-slot items unique, and if a unique item is awarded, someone that doesn't yet have one gets it.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on Turbine's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

My data is all gleaned from Control-K skirmish stats window, with max level only data. (checkbox at the bottom of the window)

I took all the Boss Kills ONLY for the scaled instances that can give golden class items. (Yes, this involves picking out the instances and adding them up with a calculator) This was from when Update 9 released until now.

I did not keep any data on other people but one trend that I DO know is true - when someone gets a gold item it is always best to keep running that same instance as quickly as possible. These gold items come in streaks for anyone and everyone running the instances (i.e. those in your group and those not in your group). If you see someone link a gold item up in GLFF after they just got it, run the instance they got it in. Someone in your group will have a much higher chance of getting a gold item then.

When I got my first and only golden class item I was in a group where first the loremaster got their golden pocket item and then a run or two later the minstrel in the group got theirs. That group then broke up and I joined another one. About 3 runs in that group and I got my golden pocket item.

It was just after the loremaster/minstrel got their golden items and that group broke up is when I sat there and calculated all the runs I had done. At that point it came up to 1292 or something. I even took a screenshot with the InCalc plugin on screen with the number.

I think I took pics of Sambrog/Thadur and The Maze stats at that point as well. I'll try to get those pics and post 'em up.
    Remember that boss kills in many instances are not actually boss kills. In school runs, there are 3 actual bosses if you kill them all, many just kill 2 of em, so the counter would be increased by 2.

In Sambrog runs, the area where the wights come out of the ground is considered a boss kill. You get some marks and meds for killing a certain wight, and a boss kill is awarded. Basically, every time you get some marks/meds in a run, its considered a boss kill, and in some instances there could be as many as 4 or more. So the boss kill count in CTRL+K panel isn't telling you the whole truth as to how many actual instance runs you did.

For Sambrogs, its easy: divide by two. For some of the other instances it depends on what route you take, which bosses you do and do not kill, etc.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on Turbine's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    I got my hunter pocket item after around 80 runs (160-ish boss kills in counter, the area with the wights where you get a few marks/meds counts as a boss kill in your skirmish stats panel). So I was happy.

The problem was.... the very next day with TWO other hunters in the group, I got the item *again*. This pissed me off, as one of the other hunters deserved it if I already had it. All I could do with it is vendor it.

Now making items unique might be a problem as all other jewelry items have 2 slots (except necklace), but one might want to consider making the single-slot items unique, and if a unique item is awarded, someone that doesn't yet have one gets it.
    These items are supposed to be really rare. The odds of getting more than one ought to be astronomical. All gold class items ought to be unique, just like the bracelets from Roots. I really wanted 2 of them for some toons but they were unique, I don't understand why if those were unique, why can't the gold class items be unique as well?
    [/center]

These items are supposed to be really rare. The odds of getting more than one ought to be astronomical. All gold class items ought to be unique, just like the bracelets from Roots. I really wanted 2 of them for some toons but they were unique, I don't understand why if those were unique, why can't the gold class items be unique as well?
    The loot generator doesn't check to see what gear one has, so making the gear unique isn't going to impact what shows up; it will in fact prohibit the player from accepting the loot into the inventory, even if it's only usefulness is to vendor it. Gold class items are essentially unique as you can't equip two hats, two pants, etc.

You are right that if an item is rare, the odds of getting more than 1 ought to be astronomical; the fact that there are many anecdotes of players receiving multiple of a particular item should tell you that Turbine's number generator shows a bias.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast