We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Warg Trait advice please?

hello I just recently started a warg hes rank 4 atm and I would like to know what most wargs out there use which traits to have dps and pretty good survivability? any help would be nice
    Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Wizards, For They Are subtle and Quick To Anger.

Armdyl ''Army'' The Loremaster - Secretly afraid of Reavers, Wargs, Blackarrows, spiders, and Defilers. Even More Terrified of eye gouge's 3 second cool-down.

Critx2, Masteryx2, DMG for Power 2, DMG for Health 2.

IMO, no point in traiting any protection, it won't save you from blowing up anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mad_ox1 View Post
    Critx2, Masteryx2, DMG for Power 2, DMG for Health 2.

IMO, no point in traiting any protection, it won't save you from blowing up anyway.
    thanks man and when you say critx2 do u mean trait 2 of em?
    Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Wizards, For They Are subtle and Quick To Anger.

Armdyl ''Army'' The Loremaster - Secretly afraid of Reavers, Wargs, Blackarrows, spiders, and Defilers. Even More Terrified of eye gouge's 3 second cool-down.

Not sure how good my setup would be for you since my warg is R10, but here it goes. Crit Boost 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and morale for power 2. I, (being rank 10,) have about 16k health or so, but I have so much damage. I have countless times jumped freep raids solo and gotten a kill before I escaped/died. Have fun
    Last edited by GuardofMiddleEarth; May 09 2013 at 04:44 PM.
    It is ok if you disagree with me. I cannot force you to be right.
    Dushur: rank 11, warg
    Denfare: rank 7, lvl 85 guardian

I'm not expert on warg, quite the opposite, however I run this build for when I need to get kills in freep raid stacked with healers (basically all the time)

CritX3, Mastery X2, HFP2, DFP2
    Creeps:Lugezer r11
    Freeps: Athelious r5

To be honest, you can't really have much of a good balance as a warg between damage and survivability. I find it more fun just to go all-out glass cannon on my warg (r6) and have fun.

That being said, you'll get the most damage from 2 masteries, 3 crit ratings and a damage for power 2. If you go 5 crit rating corruptions you'll overcap the crit chance and run into high diminishing returns. With 3, your crits will hit for a smidge less, but your overall damage from the masteries make up for it. Also, be sure to be using Element of Surprise and Shadow Stance with this build.

Also, if you want a little extra morale, switch a crit rating out (or mastery - personal preference here) for a morale for power 2. But again, I find straight damage plenty of fun on its own. Your real survivability is gonna come from audacity, not corruptions, so work on getting that as high as you can as quick as you can. It takes a while, but it's well worth it.

Also, if you haven't heard of it, a fantastic guide to playing a warg is theartofwarg.wordpress.com.

(It's entirely possible that you're asking about traits and not corruptions.... in that case, check out the site above and slot whatever fits your play style best.)
    lvl 105 Guardian | 93 Mini | 63 Hunter | 46 Warden | Lukiluk - r10 Warg | r6 Defiler | r6 WL

Twitch.tv/Arathaert | Youtube.com/ArathaertTV

Quote Originally Posted by Undertakerxx View Post
    thanks man and when you say critx2 do u mean trait 2 of em?
    Indeed.

I would echo the above posts in saying that you should probably opt for a damage build. With the current setup in PvMP Wargs aren't the toughest of creeps truth be told, even when traited for morale/mitigations and using Flayer stance. That is even more true for lower ranked wargs without the benefit of many Battlefield Promotions. All in all wargs are, on the whole, probably best trying to maximise their dps output.

Three critical boost corruptions, 2 mastery corruptions and damage for power rank 2 is a pretty solid dps setup for a warg imho. Using such a build you will be well placed to a) take on weaker freeps 1vs1, b) snipe at the edges of larger fights and c) contribute meaningful dps to groups and raids.

"To be honest, you can't really have much of a good balance as a warg between damage and survivability. I find it more fun just to go all-out glass cannon on my warg (r6) and have fun.

That being said, you'll get the most damage from 2 masteries, 3 crit ratings and a damage for power 2. If you go 5 crit rating corruptions you'll overcap the crit chance and run into high diminishing returns. With 3, your crits will hit for a smidge less, but your overall damage from the masteries make up for it. Also, be sure to be using Element of Surprise and Shadow Stance with this build." ~ Arathaert

You sure about maxing out crit? I've checked and each crit seems to give you about 2.2% more crit chance, and for me the 5th one gives like 2.1% crit chance. Crit rating does not only give you the chance to use rend flesh more/frenzy, (since rend flesh is a fast skill you can put it in your skill rotation very nicely,) but also increases the magnitude of the crit/dev. I'm pretty sure crits are overall better than mastery boosts. Also I believe the more mastery boosts you have the less effective they become. So kind of depends on the outposts as well. I could be mistaken on some of these things... So I'm willing to be corrected.
    It is ok if you disagree with me. I cannot force you to be right.
    Dushur: rank 11, warg
    Denfare: rank 7, lvl 85 guardian

You are absolutely correct - I apologize. 5 crit ratings won't cap you, but 6 will. My bad.

I suppose it all comes down to what type of damage you want to do. If you're into burst damage (good for squishies), then 4 crits and 1 mastery (with damage for power 2 as a given) may be the best way to go - I'm still thinking that the mastery boost would do more than a 5th crit.

On the other hand, if you want higher sustained damage, then more mastery corruptions might be your thing.

I tend to like a good amount of crit, but a little mastery as well... bleeds will hit for more with more mastery. For me, I've found 3 crit rating, 2 mastery to be a good mix. It's quite rare for me to pounce-maul something without critting, and I have never (literally... never!) gone through pounce-maul-claws/crippling bite without critting. So I still get plenty of crits for rend flesh and frenzy. In terms of damage, with this build (and r6 battlefield promotion) and depending on the outposts, I'll usually get around 1500dps on the bears near TR, and my claws crit hits for 2500ish. Your results may vary, talk to your doctor, etc.

The best thing to do, really, is to test test test. Get the combatanalysis plugin if you don't already and claw away at the dummies in grams. Looking at the numbers as they are in "real-life" will tell you what you want to do with your corruptions.

Have fun and keep it wargy!
    lvl 105 Guardian | 93 Mini | 63 Hunter | 46 Warden | Lukiluk - r10 Warg | r6 Defiler | r6 WL

Twitch.tv/Arathaert | Youtube.com/ArathaertTV