We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11
    Quote Originally Posted by ksjock View Post

It's interesting to apply this to some of the arguments in this thread.
    Where would you put your post on this pyramid?

Few notes. I read the first page of this thread and it seemed productive I skipped to the last and I assume it is still in that state though I see it being diverted slightly.

DPS equalization:
    As we have all observed in Isenguard it was horrible for creeps and when 85 was introduced it was much more even. What should have been done is increase creep damage and scale their morale normally. Instead their morale was doubled and Freep DPS went through the roof. I guess my point of this is that it is much harder for us to discuss how much more DPS creeps need if our current live test is so far offset by morale. Yes there are wardens and guardians with 23k+ morale running around, but the average freep (burg/hunt/lm/mini/rk) has 10-12k depending on captain buffs ect. The average creep even low rank can get over 20k easily and some WL's can attain 30k...

Creeps have no issue getting kills on our server and neither do Freeps so I really don't care to make a huge elaborate post, but in order to make the moors as close as possible to fair my point is you need to start by removing these insane variables that make any sort of testing and discussions such as these useless.
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Arkenstone | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

turbine needs to restrict freeps from bringing ther pve gear,jewels,etc into the moors and make new full aud armor/jewel/weapon set for say every 3 or 5 ranks with one being purchase-able at rank 0 for free but with lesser stats than the higher ranked sets.(rest will be purchase-able with comms)

i like the idea of legendary weapons for creepside if we could earn exp for them through pvmp would work great for both sides!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202010000508696/signature.png]Krishal[/charsig]

If balance is truly the objective, then a complete re-working of the creep trait system is required. Traits that do nothing other than give 340 mastery and a tiny bit of ICPR should not exist. There is not enough versatility, and too many traits are outright obsolete.

Damage type traits should be passive.

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    If balance is truly the objective, then a complete re-working of the creep trait system is required. Traits that do nothing other than give 340 mastery and a tiny bit of ICPR should not exist. There is not enough versatility, and too many traits are outright obsolete.

Damage type traits should be passive.
    Balance of what? Of the 1:1? We just had that and F'd it up. Why on earth or middle earth should turbine give that to us again????

Why also should we have no opportunity cost for damage? What exactly should traits do for you then? Give you even more morale, bpe, mitigations?

Quote Originally Posted by kishal
    turbine needs to restrict freeps from bringing ther pve gear,jewels,etc into the moors and make new full aud armor/jewel/weapon set for say every 3 or 5 ranks with one being purchase-able at rank 0 for free but with lesser stats than the higher ranked sets.(rest will be purchase-able with comms)

i like the idea of legendary weapons for creepside if we could earn exp for them through pvmp would work great for both sidess
    First of all, audacity is killing this game in pvp and pve for those freep veterans who like to raid and pvp. So if you want to keep them around then you would never want to suggest even stricter gear silos. Now if all you want to do is farm froobs, then whatever. That's what audacity is made for.

Why would you want legendary items creepside? Creeps don't even have the intestinal fortitude to do map quests; they just buy them from the store now. And you want to add another "grind" to creepside? That makes no sense. Your innate DPS will be eliminated, and even if you personally would do the grind to regain that DPS through an LI system, the majority of your fellow creeps would not. So you'd be fighting alongside the undergeared for the first time.

Plus I'm sure the same restrictions that prevent creeps from being able to use mail and vaults would also prevent them from using LI's.

This community has nothing to offer the dev team.

Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    Creeps don't even have the intestinal fortitude to do map quests; they just buy them from the store now.
    You don't even have the cranial fortitude to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    You don't even have the cranial fortitude to make sense.
    Careful. Crying while wearing goggles may over-moisten the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    Careful. Crying while wearing goggles may over-moisten the eyes.
    That would be very good. I suffer from blepharitis and a surplus of moisture would actually do my eyes the world of good.

Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    Few notes. I read the first page of this thread and it seemed productive I skipped to the last and I assume it is still in that state though I see it being diverted slightly.

DPS equalization:
    As we have all observed in Isenguard it was horrible for creeps and when 85 was introduced it was much more even. What should have been done is increase creep damage and scale their morale normally. Instead their morale was doubled and Freep DPS went through the roof. I guess my point of this is that it is much harder for us to discuss how much more DPS creeps need if our current live test is so far offset by morale. Yes there are wardens and guardians with 23k+ morale running around, but the average freep (burg/hunt/lm/mini/rk) has 10-12k depending on captain buffs ect. The average creep even low rank can get over 20k easily and some WL's can attain 30k...

Creeps have no issue getting kills on our server and neither do Freeps so I really don't care to make a huge elaborate post, but in order to make the moors as close as possible to fair my point is you need to start by removing these insane variables that make any sort of testing and discussions such as these useless.
    I find it VERY interesting that you would call out the clear differences in morale totals based on class on freepside... and then completely ignore it on creepside in your argument (Here's a hint, with IP and protection aura my spider barely scrapes by to 18.5k morale, and that's with rank 13 BFP).

You also completely ignore build choice as it factors into morale level; which is huge. Creep builds that stack morale have the same pitfalls as freep builds that stack morale to the exclusion of DPS stats.

Claiming that creep morale DOUBLED between ROI and RoR is patently false. There's no math to support that claim, whatsoever (If my morale had doubled I would be in the 24k range without any WL buffs).

Even my Signature is trolling!

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    be angry all you want, but this thread was a breath of fresh air due to its participants' mature demeanor....until recently. Now it's the same old garbage. I guess as long as you're having fun...
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with this. Thus, locked.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11