We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Isengard Expansion - is Horse Included? If not, change description.

The description says at the end:

"A Rohirrim Style Mount with a red coloured blanket and sun emblem"

however when I bought the expansion the horse never arrived. Somewhere at the top before the explanations of what was included it said "if you order now" ...

Well, I certainly did order now - lacking a time machine I had no ability to order then, and I chose not to wait until the future arrived to order.

I'm guessing that the horse may have been a pre-order item but the store description never referred to pre-order and it is somewhat misleading to say "pay 2200 points and you get x" if x isn't actually included. I strongly suggest that any pre-order bonus items be removed from descriptions of what you get if you order currently.

Yeah, I noticed the rather bad odor with this, as well, but on a more defined path.

My friend and I just came back to the game after a few years and wanted to move our characters into the Dunlands. As a result, we had to purchase Isengard. Fine. That's the way it works.

However, he can't afford it right now, so I was going to purchase it for him. Since there appears to be NO way to purchase a gift for someone with your TP, I had to go to the turbine (digital river) store to purchase isengard (http://store.turbine.com/store/turbi...oryID.58516200). So I purchased it from there, for him, and gave him the key (as advised by Victoria, if I remember correctly, in a post somewhere.)

I purchased my version, with my existing TP, in the in-game store.

Results:
    We both have access to Isengard, but:
    He got:
    The isengard expansion.
    The horse
    The title.

I got:
    The isengard expansion.

The worst part is - I realized after re-checking the costs after the fact that the 2500 TP I had to pay for the expansion in-game was considerably more expensive than the cost that I paid for his on the store. So, not only did they severely overcharge me ($29 vs $20 - a nearly 50% increase), but they didn't give me any of the extras that the lower price offered, nor did they offer anything extra. I was (mostly) tolerant of the fact that they didn't give me the extra items, but the price difference combined with that causes it to be a bit above aggravation, at this point.
    [i][b]Thelic[/b] - Minstrel[/i][color=blue]---[/color][i][b]Renshorin[/b] - Champion[/i][color=blue]---[/color][i][b]Faeryn[/b] - Runekeeper[/i][color=blue]---[/color][i][b]Mitrian[/b] - Burglar[/i]
    Part of [color=red]Arkenstone[/color] server!
    [color=green]Serenity Kinship - still around since Beta of LOTRO[/color]

You will (almost) always pay a premium when purchasing in-game with Turbine Points, because Turbine Points can be earned just by playing the game.

It's usually a much better deal to buy an expansion with cash, especially if it's bundled or on sale.

Definitely something I've had to learn the hard way, but it's too bad there's nothing more indicative of that and more clear on what exactly you're getting when you purchase it in-game. (I'd check and see exactly what the in-game store says, but can't right this moment because of already having purchased it.)
    [i][b]Thelic[/b] - Minstrel[/i][color=blue]---[/color][i][b]Renshorin[/b] - Champion[/i][color=blue]---[/color][i][b]Faeryn[/b] - Runekeeper[/i][color=blue]---[/color][i][b]Mitrian[/b] - Burglar[/i]

Quote Originally Posted by Khale_Kitha View Post
    I purchased my version, with my existing TP, in the in-game store.
    The in-game store version of the Isengard expansion does not include mention of a horse: "Includes the Isengard Instance Cluster, Draigoch Raid, and Skirmish Trait Max Rank: 35."

Contrast this with the in-game store version of the Rohan expansion, that does list a horse: "Instance Cluster: Rohan; Mounted Combat Light Trait Tree; Mounted Combat Heavy Trait Tree; Steed of the Eastemnet; Title: Friend of the Mark".

While the disparity between the in-game store and the real-money store offerings is frustrating, and Turbine could certainly fix that, they are up-front about what you're getting. Caveat emptor.
    Join the LotRO Volunteer QA Team!
    Use the [url="http://lotrobugs.turbine.com"][color=red]bug reporting tool[/color][/url] or type /bug in-game!*
    [SIZE=1]*no rants please[/size]

The disparity between the point cost and the cash cost doesn't bother me at all - I knew both costs and chose to pay in points.

But, contrary to the last comment, if you go to the expansion where the charge is 2200 or so points, there is a box shown to the left. Clicking on the box shows the details including the horse.

Perhaps the last poster was looking at the Isengard quest pack and not the expansion - it is very easy to confuse the two of them.

I didn't NEED the horse since I have 5 year horses for all avatars - and I would have bought the expansion regardless so I'm not going to petition and ask for my money back - but I do feel that it would be a good idea for them to fix the inaccuate description.

This is what I see for 2495 TP in the LOTRO Store in-game:

Expansion: Rise of Isengard
    Rise of Isengard expansion (level 66-75), Raid, Skirmish Trait Max, an... More

and when I click on "More":

Expansion: Rise of Isengard

Turn eastwards toward the vale of Isengard and attempt to thwart Saruman's ambition! Experience over 375 quests and over 40 deeds as you journey through Dunland, the Gap of Rohan, and Isengard itself. Quests and deeds are designed to support player levels 66-75. This is an account-level purchase, and provides access to all eligible characters on your account. Includes the Isengard Instance Cluster, Draigoch Raid, and Skirmish Trait Max Rank: 35.

I'm not seeing any mention of a horse.

I went ahead and gained access to my wife's account so I could log in with her (she also hasn't played in a long time.) I was able to get into the store (Wow, this thing is SLOW the past several days. 10-20 seconds for EACH PART of each image to appear on the page.) I, too, cannot find any mention of the horse on the in-game store.

There is the Isengard quest pack for 1495 and the Isengard expansion for 2495. Neither of them, however, mention a horse. I'm curious, however, because of the price you are listing of 2200 TPs if you have an old cached version of the store pages showing. Do you see the current sales for the quest packs, etc? (Or are you unable to see it, since you've already purchased it, as well?)
    Last edited by Khale_Kitha; May 09 2013 at 03:26 PM. Reason: accidentally typoed price for quest pack