We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Up Lugz Hill, Down Lugz Hill

    As much as I am enjoying spending two hours a night rolling creeps down to Grams, getting rolled back up to Lugz, rolling creeps back to Grams, getting rolled back up to Lugz, etc., etc., . . .

    Is there anywhere else on the damn map where we might fight for a change?

    Opposite sides of the top of the waterfall near TA might be cool.
    Vikky (105 LM) * Samsgarde (105 Captain) * Iaggo (105 Burg) * Samsgaard (85 Guard, retired) * and various lowbies

  2. #2
    The fight is basically determined by which side owns which rez point. If the the map is all blue, like it has been for the last few days, its pretty much going to be a grams fight. At this point, creeps are basically just reacting to what the freep tactical zergball of death does, so if you don't like camping grams, don't take lugz.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b01000004f637/signature.png]Threepaws[/charsig]
    Swiftly the wolf grew, and lay huge and hungry at the feet of Morgoth

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    403
    Places to fight in moors since RoR launch =

    GV/TR

    or

    lugz/grams

    get used to it haha.

  4. #4
    It's been several weeks since I participated in "taking" anything. These days, by the time I log on, the map is what it is and neither side seems to have much interest in changing it. Instead we just assume our usual positions between Lugz and Grams and go back and forth, up and down the hill.

    Interestingly, when I was playing in a much different time zone recently, the map was always all red. I didn't see any fighting between TR and GV, however. Might have been that with creeps having flipped the whole map, freeps weren't even playing. Dunno.
    Vikky (105 LM) * Samsgarde (105 Captain) * Iaggo (105 Burg) * Samsgaard (85 Guard, retired) * and various lowbies

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Castle Wars
    Posts
    476
    That reminds me, I got really bored yesterday. Freeps were using the trapdoor and not really taking a risk of dieing. Creeps got greenies dieing and sometimes me. So I was like "I wanna flip Lugz" and waduya know, i killed pvp ^^



    There used to be an old rule sorta, leave TR for the freeps and lugz for the creeps. if it's reimplemented it might work better but like, i dunno


    An idea, I dont like using the trapdoor as a place to fight. We should only use it to counter door farming. Front gate fights are wayyy better imo
    Last edited by myforumacc2; May 08 2013 at 04:48 PM.
    Mirkwoodian - Savior of the Ettenmoors

    Squishy sacrificial tank 2012ish

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by myforumacc2 View Post

    There used to be an old rule sorta, leave TR for the freeps and lugz for the creeps. if it's reimplemented it might work better but like, i dunno

    This doesnt work anymore has been tried many times Tr with auto flip to Creeps and then freeps have no rez so nowadays freeps can only take lugz knowing that it will not auto and they will have a rez........Blame The Auto Flip Gods...... O wait thats just Turbine
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000022096b/signature.png]Shwasted[/charsig]

    Don't Do Drugs..... ......Smoke The Herb

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by Jusoon View Post
    The fight is basically determined by which side owns which rez point. If the the map is all blue, like it has been for the last few days, its pretty much going to be a grams fight. At this point, creeps are basically just reacting to what the freep tactical zergball of death does, so if you don't like camping grams, don't take lugz.
    Don't pin it entirely on the Freeps. I went out on Freepside earlier last week and saw it was the same, boring, Lugz/Grams fight. I flipped over to Creepside, got a push out of Grams started, and when I mentioned taking Lugz, there was a lot of objection to doing so. Creeps told me they wanted to just stay inside Lugz and farm the Freeps that kept coming back, and not take the keep. Out of the 30 or so Creeps running around Lugz, less than half wanted to actually flip it. Sooo go ahead and say it's just 'what the freep tactical zergball of death' does (which is partly true), but that's not the whole story. Not one single side is always to blame.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    954
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronk5 View Post
    Don't pin it entirely on the Freeps. I went out on Freepside earlier last week and saw it was the same, boring, Lugz/Grams fight. I flipped over to Creepside, got a push out of Grams started, and when I mentioned taking Lugz, there was a lot of objection to doing so. Creeps told me they wanted to just stay inside Lugz and farm the Freeps that kept coming back, and not take the keep. Out of the 30 or so Creeps running around Lugz, less than half wanted to actually flip it. Sooo go ahead and say it's just 'what the freep tactical zergball of death' does (which is partly true), but that's not the whole story. Not one single side is always to blame.
    Droi the champion is himself a solo tactical zerg ball. I have never met another player that caused so many deer-in-the-headlights looks from multiple grouped creeps.



    Wuuut?
    Bigslick

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsgaard View Post
    As much as I am enjoying spending two hours a night rolling creeps down to Grams, getting rolled back up to Lugz, rolling creeps back to Grams, getting rolled back up to Lugz, etc., etc., . . .

    Is there anywhere else on the damn map where we might fight for a change?

    Opposite sides of the top of the waterfall near TA might be cool.
    You'd be more successful making these suggestions in ooc rather than forums. Moreover, change of scenery requires taking matter into your own hands. Gotta have the stones though
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    222
    5.5 years of moors experience tells me that at the end of the day the only difference scenery makes is what LoS breaks, if any, you might use. Otherwise, it's pretty much the same fight no matter where you are.

    Fight where it's convenient and you'll get more action. I dunno about others but I care about that a hell of a lot more than what trees and rocks I might see on the terrain. /shrug
    [CENTER]
    [IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/33cohuh.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

  11. #11
    From creep point of view:
    there are only few creeps interested in taking anything/changing anything. And even fewer able/willing to lead anyone to do anything.
    When I log on and see it is grams camp, i always try to take all ops from freeps (sometimes with succes, sometimes with failure).
    With about whole raid of creeps rolling up and down lugz hill it is very rare anyone will help me taking ops.
    I don't even bother to try to group up for ninja taking tr, or isen/lc for buffs- there is almost noone interested changing anything.
    Log on, charge, die, release, charge, die... (I think it is same on freep side).
    But night before yesterday we took a lot from freeps with my tribe with freeps not able to find us/finding us to late.

    But because most higher rank creeps able to lead groups don't play anymore (in general, not only form my tribe), so it is very rare sight.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Galwir View Post
    From creep point of view:
    there are only few creeps interested in taking anything/changing anything. And even fewer able/willing to lead anyone to do anything.
    When I log on and see it is grams camp, i always try to take all ops from freeps (sometimes with succes, sometimes with failure).
    With about whole raid of creeps rolling up and down lugz hill it is very rare anyone will help me taking ops.
    I don't even bother to try to group up for ninja taking tr, or isen/lc for buffs- there is almost noone interested changing anything.
    Log on, charge, die, release, charge, die... (I think it is same on freep side).
    But night before yesterday we took a lot from freeps with my tribe with freeps not able to find us/finding us to late.

    But because most higher rank creeps able to lead groups don't play anymore (in general, not only form my tribe), so it is very rare sight.
    Creepside is experiencing the leadership crisis freeps encountered for years. Nobody wanted to do anything on freep prior to RoR update.

    When creeps had a slight upper hand and freeps were forced to raid up and retaliate, the game changed.

    The effect of raiding up for any or no occasion at all stuck with freepside and seems irreversible. With freeps having the upper hand, nobody is unwilling to retaliate on creepside and freeps are content to continue farming.
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload