We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    If things go well, what's posted above should start happening this week. However the actual software and systems changes have been delayed slightly and will likely not happen until mid-June based on current estimates.
    Does anyone have a clue when the forum will be updated? I have some things i would like to post in the lorebook, but it would be a waste if it changes the next day
    Last edited by Nabu8700; Jun 09 2013 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabu8700 View Post
    Does anyone have a clue when the forum will be updated? I have some things i would like to post in the lorebook, but it would be a waste if it changes the next day
    There is no point. The lore book one of the web site features that is being removed.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    There is no point. The lore book one of the web site features that is being removed.
    afaik Game information will be in the hands of players on player run sites like: http://lotro-wiki.com/

There are supposed to be some Turbine produced Intro Game Guides ala the 101 Class series, that will remain.

It might be best to put your info in one of the player run sites for now.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Actually we created a new forum for player created guides and information. You can post anything there and it will be copied over to the new forums when they're ready. Currently aiming for the end of the month.

Actually we created a new forum for player created guides and information. You can post anything there and it will be copied over to the new forums when they're ready. Currently aiming for the end of the month.
    I assume you're referring to
    http://forums.lotro.com/forumdisplay...uides-and-FAQs

I am just translating this to the german community and was wondering if such a "to be transferred" forum will also exist for foreign languages - or if international guides should be also within this english subforum?
    Last edited by thinx; Jun 11 2013 at 12:06 PM. Reason: grammar

I don't suppose the existing forums can be set to 'read only' archive mode and put somewhere for reference?
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    I don't suppose the existing forums can be set to 'read only' archive mode and put somewhere for reference?
    So we can have two copies of the same thing? For what purpose? Nothing is being deleted, only copied.

So we can have two copies of the same thing? For what purpose? Nothing is being deleted, only copied.
    I'd read that as only posts in the specific forum were going to be copied =), glad to hear no 'content' is planned to be lost.

Thanks for reassuring us.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Actually we created a new forum for player created guides and information. You can post anything there and it will be copied over to the new forums when they're ready.
    What does that mean for bookmarks? Will they direct to the old page (which is not updated anymore)? Or to the new page? Or to no page at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Trendafil View Post
    What does that mean for bookmarks? Will they direct to the old page (which is not updated anymore)? Or to the new page? Or to no page at all?
    This was actually a specific issue that was found when they did their upgrade on the DDO forums, and one of the reasons it has been delayed here, as far as i know it's something they working on.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4