We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Norcotton "loot" : Earring of Ancient Enmity

Hi there, I got a litte problem since few weeks.

I'm actually farming ( really, i doesn't sleep ) Norcotton Instance in one goal : loot the earring on ancient enmity ( 113 v / 75 agi / 384 parry / 211 hp ) for my dwarf .

The probleme is that only agility character ( warden / hunter / burglar ) are able to get it . No prob, I let my place on the cauldron and we made like this, almost 50 HM with 3 agility character . Result should be wonderfull and we must have loots to sell . Result is magic .
    2 Purple loot
    0 Blue

I must confess we have question to ask about that : is loot bug ? Only Warden can loot this ( I do it with 3 hunters or 2 hunter / 1 burglar ) ? Is there an inversion on T1 / T2 loot ( we tried 10 T1, no loot ) ? Doing the HM reduce drop rate in the other chest ?
    Have you guys loot the earring ? HOW !? May a switch before ( or after ) the boss be responsable of a nasty chest ?

I appreciate if you guys answer, and i don't talk about my kinship hunters, i lost their motivation these days

I don't have problem with farming / get full stuff but i really think this is a problem , blue loots are easy to have in less than 20 instances ...
    Thank you guys, sorry for the text, I'm not really a good english speaker

Edit 2 : We have the same problem in StoneHeight for the over earring ( 113 agi / 75 v / 411 hp ) but we did few time ( about 10 ) , is there also problems on there ?
    Last edited by Naytor; May 07 2013 at 07:38 AM.

Most of the time when I run Northcotton or Stoneheight at T2C, the results is two boxes of rocks (rune balls, relics). If we by some miracle do get loot, it's purple stuff. I have gotten the teal earring from Stoneheight ONCE and I'm not even using it for tanking because I'd rather have the Northcotton ones to replace my Guthfinn's earrings.

Most of the time when running it, we go with me on the warden and 2 dps (usually 2 hunters). Can't even stack the odds in our favor. I honestly just can't bear to farm it over and over, back to back for the length of the instance. I know it doesn't take that long, but the constant disappointment just wears me down.

So no, it's not just you. I find the teal drop rate in 3-mans to be abysmal. My tinfoil hat theory is that they said there are better chances at dropping good loot with the more people in your group. Trouble is that you can only get 3 people in your group for these! It's almost like the drop rate percentage is the same whether it's 3-man, 6-man, or raid; and it should rather be adjusted depending on the instance size.

Quote Originally Posted by SvenNiscadae View Post
    Most of the time when I run Northcotton or Stoneheight at T2C, the results is two boxes of rocks (rune balls, relics). If we by some miracle do get loot, it's purple stuff. I have gotten the teal earring from Stoneheight ONCE and I'm not even using it for tanking because I'd rather have the Northcotton ones to replace my Guthfinn's earrings.

Most of the time when running it, we go with me on the warden and 2 dps (usually 2 hunters). Can't even stack the odds in our favor. I honestly just can't bear to farm it over and over, back to back for the length of the instance. I know it doesn't take that long, but the constant disappointment just wears me down.

So no, it's not just you. I find the teal drop rate in 3-mans to be abysmal. My tinfoil hat theory is that they said there are better chances at dropping good loot with the more people in your group. Trouble is that you can only get 3 people in your group for these! It's almost like the drop rate percentage is the same whether it's 3-man, 6-man, or raid; and it should rather be adjusted depending on the instance size.
    Actually i'm a guardian and I also want the one from Stoneheight to play in threar stance because i have an overcap in parry .
    But it interests me to know that warden have troubles too, a friend of mine loot it on his first ( and last :/ ) norcotton

Quote Originally Posted by Naytor View Post
    Edit 2 : We have the same problem in StoneHeight for the over earring ( 113 agi / 75 v / 411 hp ) but we did few time ( about 10 ) , is there also problems on there ?
    /Sarcasm

Wow, TEN whole runs and no teal?

/Sarcasm off

Last time I checked I was at 184 StH runs. 1 Teal earring so far. No Gold earring

GLHF farming!
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8C8nLy2okg[/url] Saruman 6-man
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj4h-CF9log[/url] Warden Survival
    [url]http://tftgb.wordpress.com/[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by vr00mie View Post
    /Sarcasm

Wow, TEN whole runs and no teal?

/Sarcasm off
    Actually i was doing the link between the 2 instances ( same cluster, same number of player ) . I must do Stoneheight many times to have real statistics but wow, 0 blue in 10 instances it's a beginning of &&&&, 30 chances to loot and 0 earring, i'm going on the same base than norcotton :'(

And i don't get fun in farming, except the red at gram's slug, i dont really accept the new lotro loot system , if it's as hard to loot a blue as a gold item, i will not get 8 rerolls

drop rates for both ITA and Fornost are abysmally low. I've seen 1 gold and I don't believe a single teal from ITA instances (not counting OD), and from Fornost instances I've seen maybe 2 golds and maybe 2-3 teals (1 gold and all the teals from water I think, the other gold from fire). Hardly any purples even. these numbers aren't what drops for me, but for all my fellowship members. one of those 3 golds was for me at least, bad news it was the champ tank earring :/ i'm wearing it anyway because I kinda feel obligated to wear one of the 2 loot pcs that have actually dropped for me since U9...
    Last edited by tomiathon; May 07 2013 at 01:50 PM.

Me and a couple guys have run stoneheight hundreds of times, no joke, and not seen his earring drop. One teal in all the runs and it was a disappointing pair of pants that nobody would wear.

If three mans teal rate was lowered then we wouldn't be vendoring thousands of teals from school/library/GG. In their absence is just another fine example of coding and loot imbalance.
    What is it? What do you smell?

It has been this way ever since they scaled the instance and there has been many threads about this people complaining. It would be nice to get a confirmation, but Turbine has had many chances to adjust this and nothing has happened so it's pretty safe to assume it's working as intended.

My advice: forget it and move on. Not worth it.

Yep, the drop rate in there is really that bad. It took me fully 65 T2C clears of NCF with a warden and 2 hunters to finally get the Earring of Ancient Enmity to drop for us (dropped for one of the hunters).
    In that time, we found 2-3 other teal items total, and maybe 1 in 4 runs on average (at best) we would get one of the random purple items to drop for us.

I have no intention of going back in there for any other items with drop rates that low.
    Eilinel, Bejaren- 85 Hunters
    Lienric-85 Warden
    Ilenwyn-85 Mini
    Gerlendad- 85 Burg

Quote Originally Posted by Enfinite View Post
    My advice: forget it and move on. Not worth it.

Only got 1 character, I want it optimized ^^

I get one today finally ( !! ) by flooding on global chan, someone sell me one, i still want anotherone but i think there are less than 10 on my serveur ....

I think it may be considered as a bug, not a real wish of turbine to make us farm blue loots ilke if they we're gold ...
    The problem is less important on fornost because it's 6 man and the loot is increased, i saw many blue loots from here, specially hunter/burglar earring, but for a 3 man instance it has really no sense ...