We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Battle for Erebor T2 Challenge : Two Trolls One Dwarf

End game being what it is at the time, our kin finally took the time to try and complete something that we had discussed at times, and that I believe had not been done before.

We took down Batte for Erebor Challenge, with one guardian tanking both trolls, buffed to +200% (Blood Rage 2).

There is no particular advantage to this strategy as having the trolls close to each eather mean they take a lot less damage (hence not a shorter fight at all), just the fun in doing something a strange way, and clearing the deed for other toons.

Here is a video of us doing it :

You can notice that things did not go perfectly, mainly my fault as I was not used to come here with my hunter for Challenge, much less do deal with Reinforcements so camera was not set up to allow me to see clearly the catapult hits, was most often than not picking the wrong targets etc. so the champ often died because I let too many captains and archers live to see another reinforcement pop.

Kudos to Falosi and his gear for suffering this beat-up and to his Rune Keeper guardian angel Caldaran for keeping him alive through it

We had a much more conventional (and clean) down here (one tank per troll), that still had something I have not seen much on other challenge videos : the trolls are tanked so they are always facing north. That is usefull as in the est-west direction, two adjacent squares will never be hit simultaneously by the catapults which is not true in the N-S direction. This allows eveyone to always be able to avoid catapult hits without having to run much distance.
    Last edited by Gabli; May 07 2013 at 06:00 AM.

Huge props to that. It's incredibly hard to do what you guys just did. Well done.

French Bahstards !

I took incredibly low damages (less than usual T2CM) because of debuffs and OP wondrous foreshadowing:

Total:

Laugshat:

Vadok:

Congrats to my Sirannon fellows

Awesome job guys. Keep up the good work, playing outside the box is the only thing that keeps me interested in this game I'm glad to see others striving to make the most of of this last raid cluster.

Nice job, though as you said WF and Pledge spam trivializes the only somewhat challenging part of this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabli View Post
    We had a much more conventional (and clean) down here (one tank per troll), that still had something I have not seen much on other challenge videos : the trolls are tanked so they are always facing north. That is usefull as in the est-west direction, two adjacent squares will never be hit simultaneously by the catapults which is not true in the N-S direction. This allows eveyone to always be able to avoid catapult hits without having to run much distance.
    MY MIND JUST BLEW RIGHT NOW!!!
    Holy &&&&, didnt know that o.O
    How did u find out?

By the way, &&&&ing nice job.
    Gratz.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbiati View Post
    MY MIND JUST BLEW RIGHT NOW!!!
    Holy &&&&, didnt know that o.O
    How did u find out?

By the way, &&&&ing nice job.
    Gratz.
    My guess is they looked at the floor and noticed the pattern.

Man, most epic run i've ever seen. Gratz for it.