We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Paying Housing Upkeep With Mithril Coins?!

I note at the bottom of this page: http://www.lotro.com/en/u11

There is a heading "New For Mithril Coins" and under that heading the items "Personal Housing Upkeep" and "Kinship Housing Upkeep".

Does this mean we will be forced to use Mithril Coins to pay for Housing?

Because all the things that have so far been paid for with Mithril Coins lose any other payments option they may have had prior to MC.

I am really hoping the options to pay for housing with Gold/Silver remain.

All The Best

Pretty sure Silver payment for housing upkeep will remain.
    You can still use Silver for fast travel at stables, but MC is another option there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunghelm View Post
    Pretty sure Silver payment for housing upkeep will remain.
    It has, and they extended the upkeep window. It cost about 13 gold but my personal house and our kinhall are now paid until November.
    [I][FONT=Verdana]"[B]The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.[/B]"[/FONT][/I] [SIZE=1]~ Bedouin Proverb[/SIZE]

Extending the upkeep window is great! Made me very happy .

Housing and housing upkeep

I do not know about anyone else but I had a much easier time paying upkeep on the crickhollow server with silver and with the new free hobbit gift once per day, it should be easier to pay housing upkeep. However I am also on the Brandywine server and there is nothing left in any of the housing developments except for Kinship Housing. Does anyone know if there is going to be any expanding of the housing communities, within the game? I would really like to have one 2 room house for my 6 toons to share. The alternative is to either not craft anything for the house and lose the points or make items and just sell them off to NPCs. Also with so many other items going to Mithril Coins for payment, one more thing to pay for is stretching the limits a little, is it not? NoirChat aka Tikanor the Undying

Quote Originally Posted by Egilric View Post
    Because all the things that have so far been paid for with Mithril Coins lose any other payments option they may have had prior to MC.
    This part is false, though. You can pay with Mithril Coins at Stable Masters, yet there is still the option of paying with silver.

This means that MC have never removed a prior option of paying with Copper/Silver/Gold. The only stuff that has been replaced by MCs are other store items/currencies.

Why is everything in Lalia's shop Mitril Coins only? Currently there is no other way to get Mithril Coins other than buying them in the Turbine store, is that right?
    So basically Turbine is saying, give us real money for these cosmetic items. If they had done what they did everywhere else and had Mithril Coins as an option to buy, keeping actual in-game currency relevent, then this shop idea could have been great. As it is, I think they pretty much just killed its potential and drove off a lot of would-be shoppers.

That and all the other bugs, "you know, it's all politics..."

Quote Originally Posted by Gaahlskag View Post
    Why is everything in Lalia's shop Mitril Coins only? Currently there is no other way to get Mithril Coins other than buying them in the Turbine store, is that right?
    So basically Turbine is saying, give us real money for these cosmetic items. If they had done what they did everywhere else and had Mithril Coins as an option to buy, keeping actual in-game currency relevent, then this shop idea could have been great. As it is, I think they pretty much just killed its potential and drove off a lot of would-be shoppers.

That and all the other bugs, "you know, it's all politics..."
    Well you can grind for turbine points and buy them, but other than that you can get lucky with the hobbit presents or lootboxes. I got 50 mithril coins on my first gold present. Also got 15 from a lootbox I think it was. It's unfortunate that you can't pay gold or something but they have to charge for something, and I'd rather it be for cosmetics than other stuff (even though they do charge for the "other stuff" anyways )