We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: FA drop chance

FA drop chance

Dear Turbine,

Would you pleaaaaasse increase the dropchance of FA on tier 2. We as kin raid only once a week and now completed tier 2, 10 times.

Drops 0 (zero) first age symbols.....

No wonder half the kin has left the game. It is just not fun anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by RBHaNNiBaL View Post
    Dear Turbine,

Would you pleaaaaasse increase the dropchance of FA on tier 2. We as kin raid only once a week and now completed tier 2, 10 times.

Drops 0 (zero) first age symbols.....

No wonder half the kin has left the game. It is just not fun anymore...
    So far, we have observed a 1.8% drop rate (with data collected after they were removed from T1)

You could always clear the other 2 raids and grind other content for your first ages. Clearly, you don't need more of them to clear the content, because you've completed it 10 times.

It would be nice if the CM chest were significantly higher than it is now though.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Pretty much everything having to do with rewards in Rohan has been horribly handled. I don't have high hopes for the future of LOTRO group content. They don't seem to have thought out the ramifications of remote looting at all.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

I'm pretty sure we popped two of 'em in one run after doing a T2C Smaug. Maybe you should do challenge instead of just T2? I dunno. I don't have data to show that the drop rate is consistently that on challenge, I haven't been online much.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Pretty much everything having to do with rewards in Rohan has been horribly handled. I don't have high hopes for the future of LOTRO group content. They don't seem to have thought out the ramifications of remote looting at all.
    Exactly. 18 runs of T2 Erebor raids for us (that's 216 rolls) and not 1 FA symbol. Something is very wrong with this loot system.

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    I'm pretty sure we popped two of 'em in one run after doing a T2C Smaug. Maybe you should do challenge instead of just T2? I dunno. I don't have data to show that the drop rate is consistently that on challenge, I haven't been online much.
    We've had one lucky night like that too doing T2C, but the many other times have had nothing, not even good gear drops. I'd say we ran T2C probably 10 times with no first ages. Maybe it's partly because these instance don't have locks now so they made the drop rate really low, but then people take the path of least resistance, run the easiest/quickest one over and over again with no locks and then get bored to tears, frustrated with lack of drops, and stop raiding and then stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by giniluv View Post
    Exactly. 18 runs of T2 Erebor raids for us (that's 216 rolls) and not 1 FA symbol. Something is very wrong with this loot system.
    I agree. I've had some bad luck streaks but nothing that bad. I'd rather take the 50% chance of 1 FA dropping and /rolling between 12 players like at level 75 cap plus dealing with raid locks. Essentially the drop rate on T2 went from ~8% down to ~1.5% (roughly what I've been seeing).

Turbine will say, "but you can run these instances 10-20x more often because no locks = drop rate is fair." Players get burnt out when they have to run an instance 50-100 times to get something they want for ONE of their toons. What makes Turbine think players will wanna do the content that much?

Our drop rate has been much higher, just luck I guess.

That being said, give me the old system any day over the current. Guaranteed drop on challenge, chance on T2. Locks to keep from farming.

If you want to give the people who don't have the opportunity to complete challenge a path towards a first age with a long barter grind, as well, I have no problem with that.
    [center][color=white][b]DROVER[/b] - champion[/color][/center]
    [center][color=white][b]DROGARTH[/b] - captain[/color] [color=red][b]DROVANN[/b] - guardian[/color] [color=white][b]DROTHIR[/b] - Loremaster[/color][/center]
    [center][color=white][b]DROVII[/b] - hunter[/color] [color=red][b]DROGREN[/b] - burglar[/color][/center]
    [center][URL]http://tmoh.guildlaunch.com/[/url][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    We did not get a FA symbol from T2C BfE. Turbine apparently prefers that you grind tons of runs for seals to barter for the FA symbols rather than trying to take down the more difficult content. So far this expansion, they have done a fantastic of alienating the raiders and PvMP players. Soon all this game will have left will be the role players.

Occasional FA symbol does drop from T2C (haven't seen one on T2 and done quite a few of them - 20+) but nowhere near the number it should drop imho.

My view on this is:
    either make the raids fun (in addition to being challenging) so people WANT to do them more times then one (harder choice for devs because what is fun for you might be boring or lore breaking to me... it hard to please everyone)
    or
    make them worth doing multiple times by upping the chance of a worthy drop (easier choice for devs and probably more "fun" for the players)

Who would want to run the same BORING raid over and over and get nothing in return (or very very little)? I don't want to get in the mechanic of the new loot system but it changed everything (for the worse imho). Too much luck, too little of everything else that mattered before.

Its sad that some boring/easy/mind numbing Sambrog (6man) or School (3man) farm can get you more seals in 30 minutes then a raid (FA symbol or a golden item probably wont drop in a raid, so why bother, other then doing it once for the deed). How does that make sense and who was the dev that came up with that idea and more importantly - WHY? Why would anyone do a T2C raid that you need 12 relatively geared people to attend to accomplish when you can get random 2 people from global and farm School (before they took it down).

I dont see why would you (the devs) want to reward the lucky players with the best dropsin the game and not the ones that know what they are doing and are doing it on the hardest scale this game has to offer? Luck vs skill should NEVER lean towards luck, unless you want solo frinedly grindfest game.

Its too late to fix the loot and the drops for this expansion/raid cluster but please change something for the next one (if there is a raid cluster in the next expansion) because people are generally not happy with this loot distibution (not just FA symbols). When i say "people are not generally happy" i dont have any empirical study and i didnt make a poll of any kind but i have been talking to people in my kin, on global, and everywhere where this discussion surfaces and most of them are not happy with this. Please listen to what people want, you will have a happier player base and in the end everyone will profit.

tr; dr
    Drop rates for everything thats worth having are way to low and something should be done to fix it ASAP.