We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Warsteed Cosmetics sans Regular Steed

I really love some of the new warhorse sets that have been coming out, but I really don't like that they only come with the purchase of a normal steed. It would be nice if there were a few more sets introduced that were just the warsteed cosmetics, preferably purchasable piecemeal as well.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000171132/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

/signed

My husband and I were just talking about this. He purchased a cosmetic set for his war-steed awhile ago for around 900 TP. When I went to purchase the same one for my character, it was 1995 TP, and we realized it was because all the outfitted warsteed packs now contain a regular horse. So at one point they didn't.

Anyway, it's out of my price range, and I won't be saving up for it either because I don't need another regular horse. I already have about 10 on each character as it is.

Such a shame because looking at my plain warsteed makes me less inclined to play, but the overpriced cosmetic and color packs make me unable to do anything about it - a detrimental cycle.
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

Wait they make use pay for the cosmetics and raise the price, and thrown in a regular horse.. that seems to defeat the purpose of a war steed. Like really?

Weren't Warsteeds supposed to be 'better' or at least 'different' from the 'regular horses.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritsongtress View Post
    Wait they make use pay for the cosmetics and raise the price, and thrown in a regular horse.. that seems to defeat the purpose of a war steed. Like really?

Weren't Warsteeds supposed to be 'better' or at least 'different' from the 'regular horses.
    Actually, the war-steed cosmetic sets have always come with a regular steed bundled in (with the exception of the 'heavy' versions of the Rohan quest rewards). There was only one instance (that turned out to be an accident) where a warsteed cosmetic set was sold on its own, separate from the usual regular mount + warsteed cosmetics bundle.

Source: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...95#post6601295