We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

YEAH!!! New Playable Class is Part of Update 11: Helms Deep

I personally can't wait to play this new class. It has that sense of realism and knowing that "live or die" you don't really make much difference in the big picture view of things -- just like real life.

the new class is called: Cannon Fodder, which is so well described in French as:

"On en était venu à ce point de mépris pour la vie des hommes et pour la France, d'appeler les conscrits la matière première et la chair à canon" -- François-René de Chateaubriand
    According to Turbine:

Experience the Battle for Helm’s Deep – Fight to defend Helm’s Deep starting at level 10, as your character enlists as a soldier in the Battle of the Hornburg, the most massive conflict yet in The Lord of the Rings Online. Earn rewards for your contribution to the war effort – win or lose, your aid makes a difference!
    So, here's your chance to get a real sense of what its like to be trampled by Giants, set on fire by dragons, turned in a soggy pile of dung by wizards and know that yours is not to reason why, yours is to live briefly and die.

BTW, I have no problem with the announcement at all. But for some reason when this little dwarf read the announcement a picture formed in my head probably a little different than the one which was intended!!

Of course one must remember that this dwarf loved three things above all else in the original EQ:

1) Jumping off very high places to see if dwarves bounce. (scientific analysis)

2) Going fishing in the middle of Giants that were at least 40 levels higher. (Recreation)

3) Seeing how many corpses it took before a big boss would be so confused that you could just walk in and drag the original corpse out of danger. (social interaction with the enemy)

Savin, looking forwards to being called Private Savin
    Last edited by SavinDwarf; May 06 2013 at 10:30 AM.

Heh. Very good. I send you virtual popcorn and Twinkies.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

ah, thats what the players are wanting after playing a hero in midddle-earth for years now, becoming canon-fodder ...

what turbines spokesman wrote as the opening post still reads like a joke ...

Quote Originally Posted by Flagge69 View Post
    ah, thats what the players are wanting after playing a hero in midddle-earth for years now, becoming canon-fodder ...

what turbines spokesman wrote as the opening post still reads like a joke ...
    Whh has mentioned in various posts his hypothesis (that's all it is at this stage, till we get more data) that the same mechanism will be used as that for making a creep for PvMP: if you have at least one level 10 freep character, you can make a level-capped creep who can play only in the Moors. Thus (if and only if his hypothesis is correct), anyone with a level 10 character will be able to make a level (presumably) 95 character who will fight only in the Battle of the Hornburg.

We'll see.

I would accept the role of cannon fodder... only if there is a Leroy Jenkins deed somewhere in the mix...
    Dagranhad - Burglar | Aldgarea - Loremaster | Barathrothir - Hunter | Golladhar - Captain

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Heh. Very good. I send you virtual popcorn and Twinkies.
    Right Right !!!

Cool

AWESOME!! I've always dreamed of playing as a red shirt.

If you want to play a cannon-fodder... just roll a Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Murky_Majare View Post
    If you want to play a cannon-fodder... just roll a Hunter.
    The Hunter class has been called the equivalent of a destroyer: fast, hits hard, no armour worth mentioning.

Also known as "glass cannon."

Cool

Update 11 is due next monday, and is called Treachery of the White Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by SavinDwarf View Post
    I personally can't wait to play this new class. It has that sense of realism and knowing that "live or die" you don't really make much difference in the big picture view of things -- just like real life.

the new class is called: Cannon Fodder, which is so well described in French as:

According to Turbine:

So, here's your chance to get a real sense of what its like to be trampled by Giants, set on fire by dragons, turned in a soggy pile of dung by wizards and know that yours is not to reason why, yours is to live briefly and die.

BTW, I have no problem with the announcement at all. But for some reason when this little dwarf read the announcement a picture formed in my head probably a little different than the one which was intended!!

Of course one must remember that this dwarf loved three things above all else in the original EQ:

1) Jumping off very high places to see if dwarves bounce. (scientific analysis)

2) Going fishing in the middle of Giants that were at least 40 levels higher. (Recreation)

3) Seeing how many corpses it took before a big boss would be so confused that you could just walk in and drag the original corpse out of danger. (social interaction with the enemy)

Brilliant.

The only exception is, the fact that HD and Update 11 are 2 very different thing. The title just bugs me to no ends.

Not sure what LotR books you've been reading ...

State of the game is bad enough without the daily "omg everything's so aweful here" thread

Aside from the oddly mistaken assumption by some folks that U11 = Helm's Deep (which it doesn't, as others have pointed out), the OP's point is amusing. :P

Can't wait for new class. I can only find joy in the Hunter class really for some reason

But you never know... what if they lied? O_o

Now we need Tom Hanks and some fresh recruits to go Ryan Private Savin. o.O