We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New Captain's question

Either the search engine isn't working this morning, or no one has asked this question before ... or both.

At what level can a Captain get an Archer as a companion? Right now mine is level 16 and all she's got is that dumb Herald who hits people with his banner.

Is it a skill a Captain can acquire at the appropriate level (I couldn't find anything resembling it on the Captain Trainer's menu), or is it an item made by some crafting profession and equippable at the appropriate level?
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

And to answer the question you'll have at level 50, yes there's a deed that opens up for summoning your archer herald, before you have the ability to summon an archer.

to add, there are items, crafted by Tailors, that can change the cosmetic and armor of the Herald/Archer. The Oathbreaker version is purchased from any Capn class trainer (along with the most basic versions of each herald and banner).

you should see the Call To Arms: Archer skill on the trainer, if you are saying you are not seeing it...

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Either the search engine isn't working this morning, or no one has asked this question before ... or both.

At what level can a Captain get an Archer as a companion? Right now mine is level 16 and all she's got is that dumb Herald who hits people with his banner.

Is it a skill a Captain can acquire at the appropriate level (I couldn't find anything resembling it on the Captain Trainer's menu), or is it an item made by some crafting profession and equippable at the appropriate level?
    I rather like this site to look at skills quickly:
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Captain_Skills

Also in lorebook, but less readable:
    http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Class:Captain

There you see that Call To Arms: Archer is a level 56 skill. You get heralds of war/hope/victory at levels 10/24/34 respectively. You get the ability to equip standards (which are mutually exclusive with having a herald out) at level 25. You can play with heralds and standards and see which you prefer, there are pluses and minuses to both...

Note for your herald(s) that they have skills you can put on auto-fire or tell them to manually use. Particularly notable is the herald of hopes heal, which you should not put on auto-fire...

Thanks, everybody.

Level 56; wow. My Captain is only 18 at present.

Still, poco a poco......
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone