hunters .. imho
I have played all of the classes available .. Hunter & Warden are my favorites .. for a couple reasons.
I digress, though .. for we are speaking specifically of hunters.
My thoughts & not in the order of importance .. just in order of thought pattern ...
1) Ecconomics .. what other class can get around so quickly & inexpencively? even F2P can get their ports & move around easily. When you dont have much money .. this is the way to go.
2) Ease of play .. after work or a really hard day, I dont want to be thinking of positioning & complex skill rotations. I LOVE my Burg. & my Mini but not when I am looking to just relax. Just give me some tripple traps & some oils & ALL of my troubles are gone (literally).
3) DPS .. (need I say more)
4) Grinding mats .. see #1 .. if you want or need something a hunter can get you there quick .. so you can easily grind all tiers of what-have-you. My Explorers & Scholars are ALWAYS hunters
5) Job Security .. Getting through Volume 1 of the Epic Quests, especially the last 8 books .. you want a hunter with you & LOTS of travel rats
6) War Steeds .. these were just MADE for Hunters (well, maybe not, BUT) .. if you EVER played a hunter on a war steed you wouldnt go back .. LOLOL
7) Did I mention fun?
Granted this is a short list, but, a basic one.
Hope it helps
BTW: the only thing an elf hunter has over any other hunter is the 2% bow & sword racials .. I have the most fun with my Hobbit Hunters
my little pocket-rockets
[CENTER]When in Danger, When in Doubt, Run in Circles, Scream & Shout