We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Class changes?

Class changes?

Kelsan,

Respectfully, the hunter community is appreciative of your willingness to work with our class. That said, we would like to know what changes you are thinking of implementing or at least a weekly sentence that reassures us that you are continuing to work on it. Thank you for your time and consideration.
    Last edited by faithshielder; May 04 2013 at 01:49 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130000000bf007/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by faithshielder View Post
    Kelsan,

Respectfully, the hunter community is appreciative of your willingness to work with our class. That said, we would like to know what changes you are thinking of implementing or at least a weekly sentence that reassures us that you are continuing to work on it. Thank you for your time and consideration.
    If this happened I may stop about thinking about canceling my subscription but that won't happen cuz its too much work to reassure your consumers by posting at least one a MONTH that only takes like 2 minutes. On the upside ESO look epic and has some great developer interaction, they post weekly videos and have podcasts often.

The reason why i am so pessimistic is that myself and others been trying to have this happen for a long time but it has never happened and has only gotten worse.
    The end of an age has come and the wheel of time turns on. We will meet again when the wheel allows it.

I've already started moving on to Rift. They have a great promotion where you can get two months of game time for free (if you sign up with a friend) plus the expansion, so I'm pretty much ignoring LOTRO now. If they'd actually give most of us a reason to play then they might not be losing business to other games like this. They've destroyed the point of raiding at this point and there's honestly not much to do anymore.
    [center]RIP Character signature generator, June 2013.[/center]
    [center]Theiol, Fervar, Turthonn, and Vanka, [i]retired LOTRO[/i]|Croue, Folter, [i]Rift - Shatterbone shard[/i][/center]

Wait not for that which will not come.

If i put in the effort i could find th 5 dev posts with them indicating class changes with U11....

but nope

looks like we have to wait another 6-7 months.

Oldie but a goodie.
    [CENTER][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. [/COLOR] [/CENTER]

Time to post some quotes which may or may not relate to how i feel about how turbine treats hunters and overall all classes/fan-base.

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

“A truth that's told with bad intent
    Beats all the lies you can invent.”
    ― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one.”
    ― George Washington

“If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.”
    ― Some Nazi that no one cares about

“I have a higher and grander standard of principle than George Washington. He could not lie; I can, but I won't.”
    ― Mark Twain

“It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

“Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards (may be symbolic for some people), for they are subtle and quick to anger.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

“A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Children of Húrin
    The end of an age has come and the wheel of time turns on. We will meet again when the wheel allows it.

Bit of balance here, kids. We're in no better or worse a position than any other class currently as regards dev feedback. I don't remember any recent posts from Kelsan on burgs, either.

And take it from me; I've learned to survive just fine on hunter (despite pulling aggro off geared guards ). My burg is in a FAR worse place right now. Which would you rather take to a 3-man like IP or SotGG? Ranged DPS nuker with good AOE, or a melee with no AOE and limited use CC?
    Last edited by Aedfrith; May 07 2013 at 04:26 AM.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

They are doing class revamps for all classes that will release with Helms Deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirgellon View Post
    They are doing class revamps for all classes that will release with Helms Deep.
    Point missed.
    [center]RIP Character signature generator, June 2013.[/center]
    [center]Theiol, Fervar, Turthonn, and Vanka, [i]retired LOTRO[/i]|Croue, Folter, [i]Rift - Shatterbone shard[/i][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Kajil View Post
    Point missed.
    Not really. He asks for at least a weekly sentence saying they are working on it. That is pointless since they already told us they are working on it and even gave a release date. It isn't like they are going to suddenly stop working on it at this point.

As for the plea for information, it will never happen. These threads are constant and never get results. The developers only bring more pain to themselves by releasing information. First they will get that much more time of people complaining about changes they don't like. Then they will get a ton of crying about changes that they planned, found were OP or didn't go as expected, and then removed before release. They gain nothing by releasing information before they know exactly what is happening.