We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
    It is such a pain to get the correct legacies you want and then level them up. Get the relics you need. Only to have all your hard work go down the drain come the next expansion and that first age you worked so hard for is being out DPS'ed by the level cap 3rd ager you picked up.
    EXACTLY what makes me frustrated about the LI system. It's so unbelievably dumb that your 1st ager gets shadowed by a 3rd ager that's a few levels above it...
    And it's the reason why I'm still carrying a 1st ager book from Moria in Rohan. And the game is still super-easy.

Quote Originally Posted by BosDragon View Post
    EXACTLY what makes me frustrated about the LI system. It's so unbelievably dumb that your 1st ager gets shadowed by a 3rd ager that's a few levels above it...
    And it's the reason why I'm still carrying a 1st ager book from Moria in Rohan. And the game is still super-easy.
    I think people misunderstand what the strategy is in the LI system. After you get to a benchmark level, say 85, you should be able to quickly level up your 85 LI to max and get what relics you want on it (more or less). As soon as you get max level on your 85 LI, GET MORE LIs AND LEVEL THEM UP. You should NEVER not have any LIs leveling up, as this is how you ensure you get the legacies you want on your future 95 weapon. When you find a legacy you like, keep the scroll from decon, and save it for your 95 LI. You should have absolutely no trouble getting all the legacies you want if you only try to get all the legacies you want on a weapon every 10 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by warthogonfire View Post
    I think people misunderstand what the strategy is in the LI system. After you get to a benchmark level, say 85, you should be able to quickly level up your 85 LI to max and get what relics you want on it (more or less). As soon as you get max level on your 85 LI, GET MORE LIs AND LEVEL THEM UP. You should NEVER not have any LIs leveling up, as this is how you ensure you get the legacies you want on your future 95 weapon. When you find a legacy you like, keep the scroll from decon, and save it for your 95 LI. You should have absolutely no trouble getting all the legacies you want if you only try to get all the legacies you want on a weapon every 10 levels.
    I understand LI system strategy and I HATE it. It gets me crazy that during leveling I have additional LIs as XP/legacy-storage only. I HATE LI system.
    I envy Gandalf.. He has his Glamdring and he doesn't throw it away now and then. :-D
    Turbine made some things more simple over last years. But LI stays.. grrrrrhh. I just want to remove from game the need for neverending LI swap. What about possibility to just upgrade the old one each 5 lvls without respecting it etc.
    Elves - Dusreth (HNT104), Dusriel (RK98), Dusaran (WRD70), Dusraen (LM56), Dusador (GRD44),
    Mortals - Dusgar (CPT36), ...
    Laurelin server

Just logged into the game for the first time in eight months to see if Helm's Deep expansion introduced any fixes for Legacy Lotto (I nearly bankrupted myself grinding out/buying 7 FA symbols for cappy emblems and they ALL identified with only 3 majors, while I had a friend ID 5 on his first FA emblem).

Still no merge of the two legacy pools, still no way to remove unwanted minor legacies and replace with majors.

5 majors might not be necessary with the trait->skill tree overhauls, but who knows? I came back to see if the reason why I left in the first place ever got addressed, saw that the longstanding issue remains, and immediately lost the interest to spend the time analyzing and theorycrafting, "Is the RNG-fest grind to 5-6 majors really still necessary?"

Sure devs can dumb down traits into WoW talent trees but they can't simplify LIs by giving us ways to work around the RNG fest that is the initial ID (and no, the ability to add ONE major only through store isn't enough for some classes, at least it wasn't when I left...while other classes actually wanted to ID with minors LOL). Hell just give us the ability to delete legacies outright, to take our LIs from six legacy slots to 5, then we can add more empty major slots if it comes to that.

I spent three hours downloading updates for 8-month-old client, only to find there's no reason for me to buy the content I downloaded ($40 Helm's Deep xpac), oh well I guess I can wait until the next expansion to see if they ever make LIs truly customizable...

Quote Originally Posted by warthogonfire View Post
    No we understand perfectly well. Its current design is intended to make you waste more time to impress your friends and get money out of you.

As for the poll (if it's still running), hate the system. Stupid and pointless. Stopped messing with them when HD came out when my 85FA was (in terms of stats) rendered useless by a 86TA.

Still have all my slots filled, and decon at max level (no effort really) to build up a relic/shard count in case at some point in the future the system is designed to be what it originally was supposed to be. I'm not going to hold my breath though. Currently looking for nice 'appearance' weapons, and will start using those instead, not like we even need a weapon anymore for landscape content.

As for all the 'I got 68 million shards in 3 days comments'....stopped caring about doing multiple instance runs a day a looonnnng time ago.....have better things to do with my time. And Ia sk, why are you doing that? For the LI xp and shards etc etc....doing exactly what Turbine want you to do. Grind and waste time...
    Likes to heal and thinks she is good at it. Unfortunately, can't heal stupid or bad builds...

I agree that the current design is flawed, and yes, I understand how it works-I simply don't like it.

This is actually one of the bigger annoyances I have with this game.

The legendary items are far from legendary if you trash them every five levels or so for a new one. It's like if dinnerware were LI; Aragorn, Gandalf, Frodo-they're all eating off fine china that they keep and treasure while we're eating off paper plates that we throw in the trash afterwards. Not even close to the same thing.

I wish there was a way to keep a LI we like (visually) and actually let it level up with us as our characters level up (which is how they made it sound when they first introduced them back in MoM). Let us keep spending the points we get leveling it up like we do now, but instead of reforging it every 10 item levels, let us reforge it every 5 character levels until level cap. Instead of reforging it 6 or 7 times and trashing it we would reforge it and up the base stats (DPS, heal crit, whatever the case).

As far as lore goes, it's just stupid to trash a powerful First Age weapon that was supposedly forged thousands of years ago for some POS TA that some union dwarf-worker cranked out last summer just because you leveled five more times on your character.

I have a char of each class all level 95.
    I also have two guardians level 95 1 DEF and 1 DPS ..
    I like the new legendary item system much better than the old system.

This is the opinion of a Hobbit that Middle Earth defends from almost the beginning.
    Borkstar CHN 100 Darinthos LRM 100 Effrin GRD 100 Favordis WDN 100 Gudminhera CPT 100 Gwendalin MNS 100 Mohowk HNT 100 Samgolar GRD 100 Stegenis RNK 100 Trisana BUR 100 Unora BRN 100 [COLOR=#00ff00](Gilrain)[/COLOR]
    [URL="http://www.nssoft.nl/#The Lord of the Rings Online"][COLOR=#ff0000]J.R.R. Tolkien Dreamship[/COLOR][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by praetorian6 View Post
    I agree that the current design is flawed, and yes, I understand how it works-I simply don't like it.

This is actually one of the bigger annoyances I have with this game.

The legendary items are far from legendary if you trash them every five levels or so for a new one. It's like if dinnerware were LI; Aragorn, Gandalf, Frodo-they're all eating off fine china that they keep and treasure while we're eating off paper plates that we throw in the trash afterwards. Not even close to the same thing.

I wish there was a way to keep a LI we like (visually) and actually let it level up with us as our characters level up (which is how they made it sound when they first introduced them back in MoM). Let us keep spending the points we get leveling it up like we do now, but instead of reforging it every 10 item levels, let us reforge it every 5 character levels until level cap. Instead of reforging it 6 or 7 times and trashing it we would reforge it and up the base stats (DPS, heal crit, whatever the case).

As far as lore goes, it's just stupid to trash a powerful First Age weapon that was supposedly forged thousands of years ago for some POS TA that some union dwarf-worker cranked out last summer just because you leveled five more times on your character.
    Well put Sir...quoted in its entirety...less trash reproductions, we want authentic antiques
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

WP blog: Tsuhelm

I do like the LI system, there are just 2 big problems

First is XP runes that drop in instaces that are like 1000 or 1500 XP per rune. This is basicly only worth to sell to vendor. Why? Because they drop a lot, and one 938k XP rune is 37.5 stacks of 1000 XP runes. Think about that for a minute. One single rune holds more XP than 37.5 stacks of 25, 1000 XP runes. That is over 2 full bags of trash. As I know people on lvl 95 just sell or destroy XP runes with less than 50k XP. Solution: stop those small XP runes from dropping in higher lvl instances or give us some way to turn them into better ones, like another tab in Forge master that turns 25x1000 XP runes into one 20k XP rune, so it's about 80% efficient with the max being the 938k rune even if you join 25 of them into one...

Second is relics. To get the best relics in the game it takes a lot of instances or lot of marks and meds in skirm camp to barter for high teir relics. The time it takes to get the 6 best relics, each combined from 4 t10 and over 11k shards takes a long time. (6 because in each LI go 3 so 6 for 2 LIs). That time is a lot longer than it takes to get empowerment scrolls or even crystals or legacies to get the legendary item ready. Because of that getting the relics feels like an needless grinding, and lot of people just give up on getting the best relics since lvl 85 are only a few % weaker than now the best lvl 90. Can you make the relics have better bonues? Not only 5 will more than lower teir, but add 1% to devastate magniture, or 1% to attack speed, 1% to block chance, evade, parry...

Third - small thing, but get rid of notification for every level of every LI. leave it only for every 10 levels

Fourth - while getting XP by any means (except XP runes) it does not count on LI if it needs to be reforged. Make it count. Why should I leave a long raid after 10 min to go reforge just because it happened that my Lis were ready to be reforged right then. So i make 11 people wait for me and lose the quest progress in the raid until then? No. I would continue and after raid go reforge. But, how much XP did is miss out on during the while raid? It is probably a lot. Let LIs earn XP even when they need to be reforged. All the extra that goes over the max level of LI can be wasted. That is up to the player not to let it happen.
    Last edited by Ksenija; Mar 28 2014 at 11:49 AM.

Rework LI system: Item Grows With You

What if you didn't have to scrap your LI every 10 levels or so?

I loved getting an LI for my journey into Moria, and my first LI was an awesome weapon in my hands. Then I leveled up to somewhere within the 50~58 range and suddenly my once legendary weapon was now obsolete.

Instead of deconstructing it at the relic master, what if re-forging your LEGENDARY ITEM actually leveled it up. For instance after you have gained enough LIexp to get your item to Level 60, it would make the minimum equip level 60, and would scale up the stats to go along with the new level.

I would love to actually have a weapon that I keep longer than the time it takes to level it to its cap. Finding a sword like Glamdring or Sting would be great and amazing, but couldn't my own weapon become just as legendary as those in the past?

My legendary weapon will never become legendary if it becomes obsolete every couple of levels.....

Not happy.

1st age items (Elder King Symbol) Should be reasonably available to ANYONE. Not just the raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranoel_Dragon View Post
    Not happy.

1st age items (Elder King Symbol) Should be reasonably available to ANYONE. Not just the raiders.
    I disagree.

The best items should be reserved for those who put in the most effort.

Not happy.

What?

For the first time since i started to play (2011) they ARE reasonable availible to everyone. Not only have they put them as rewards for solo-content (which is unheard of in my lotro-history) but they have also put them as rewards in group-content that is way easier than ever before (skraids instead of raids).

I can say many bad things about the LI-system, but for an non-raiding casual player like myself it has never been easier to obtain a FA than now for sure.

But as they also have made mark/meds very easy to obtain i keep my SA's on most my classes and sell the symbols i get. The dps on a FA at 95 is in the ballpark of +2% compared with a SA*. So the only real difference is the extra points to spend. You get the same effect by buying a couple of empowerment-scrolls cheap for the meds dropping like candy from EB's (which you would do anyway to get the FA-symbol...)

Regards
    /T

*It was +5% at 85 and something like +15-20% on earlier level-caps (which is a HUGE difference), seems they make the difference less and less.
    Dawarad HNT | Dawadan MIN | Dawfast CMP | Dawaran CPT | Dawmur GRD | Dawared WRD | Dawagrim RK | Dawaras LM | Daweric BRG | Dawagar MIN | Dawarar CMP | Dawnakh WRG | Dawbag BA | Dawgil WVR | Dawglob WL |

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    I disagree.

The best items should be reserved for those who put in the most effort.
    So only raiders put in effort?

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias_R View Post

But as they also have made mark/meds very easy to obtain i keep my SA's on most my classes and sell the symbols i get. The dps on a FA at 95 is in the ballpark of +2% compared with a SA*. So the only real difference is the extra points to spend. You get the same effect by buying a couple of empowerment-scrolls cheap for the meds dropping like candy from EB's (which you would do anyway to get the FA-symbol...)

Regards
    /T
    If you are talking about the ones at the skirm camps, all the marks in the world won't buy them unless you have successfully completed certain raids. As for solo play I have two toons at 95 and two more over 85 and have yet to see one.

So only raiders put in effort?
    They put in more effort than those that don't.

Don't put in the extra effort, don't expect the extra nice toys.
    As for solo play I have two toons at 95 and two more over 85 and have yet to see one.
    One what? You get THREE! free symbols for lvl 95 SA LI's from HD's Epic Chain.

If you are talking about the ones at the skirm camps, all the marks in the world won't buy them unless you have successfully completed certain raids. As for solo play I have two toons at 95 and two more over 85 and have yet to see one.
    You also have the ability to solo epic battles and get platinum rewards that might drop a first age symbol, assuming you don't want to do group play. The RNG is no worse here than anywhere else (which means it's horrid everywhere LOL).

Second age symbols are available through the epic quest line and have been available from day one of HD through the skirmish camp for marks and medallions, no gating by content. Most of my characters still use second agers, only one has her first agers.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Sorry, i should have been more clear in my post. No, i'm not talking about the ones in the skirm-camps for previous level-caps, i'm only talking about the 'flawed symbol of the elder king' for the current level-cap where they now can drop from solo-content (EB's). Previous level-caps always needed raiding to get them, this is the reason i say i think they are more accesible to everyone/different playstyles now than at earlier caps.

Going from 'Raid only' to 'Raid/Skraids/solo-content' is to make them more accesible in my book.

To have a chance to get them solo you would need to get platinum-reward-cashouts in the EB's. I have no clue about the drop-rate really, but if it is in the same ballpark as the golden jewellery pieces, then don't expect to get one 'every time'... How many platinum cashouts have you got since the symbols where introduced without getting one? Sometimes 'lady luck' can turn out to be a pretty mean woman for sure...

Regards
    /T
    Dawarad HNT | Dawadan MIN | Dawfast CMP | Dawaran CPT | Dawmur GRD | Dawared WRD | Dawagrim RK | Dawaras LM | Daweric BRG | Dawagar MIN | Dawarar CMP | Dawnakh WRG | Dawbag BA | Dawgil WVR | Dawglob WL |

For the most part I am happy with LI system. You can customize your weapons the way you want by adding different titles, relics and legacies. What I dislike very much is the fact that some classes need more than 3 major legacies on their LIs and that you cannot choose your passive stats on 2h weapons. This is way too much RNG for a legendary tier (gold) item that's supposed to be best you can get in game. There's enough RNG in obtaining those FA symbols.

What I would want to see, is all legacies become minors and that you could choose your passives on 2h weapons.
    Siggy

As so many I would love to have only a few LI's that grow with me all my live.
    Not the 'get, build up, throw away' cycle right now.
    And it would be nice to not find THAT many LI's all the time..

It could be changed to somthing like this:
    LI's drop almost never (Yes I know that you can craft them, and that I like)
    Instead relics drop directly.
    You can upgrade your LI (item level) for relics.
    You should be able to upgrade your legacies level with relics too.

The only noticeable difference I've seen a huge drop off in put together groups. This due to the seals drop rate being nerfed.
    Crying shame too as many of us counted on those for a little fun each morning. Now its back to doing solo stuff or hoping that you are one of the lucky ones to get into the rare group that does form before it becomes full. As for the person that thinks a dedicated raider puts in any more effort into the game than others, well, that is a terribly narcissistic and narrow view of what many of us so called casual players do in game and within the community. Just because we are not dedicated raiders, does not mean we are less deserving of a fair chance at nice gear, especially when it does not affect you in any way shape or form other than bragging rights about "look at my shineys, na na, I got one and you don't.
    As a VIP member, I would expect Turbine to realize that what may be fun for you, is not fun for everyone and we like rewards as much as the next person. The drop rate as was, did you no harm and gave many of a chance to have nice stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lialix View Post
    As so many I would love to have only a few LI's that grow with me all my live.
    Not the 'get, build up, throw away' cycle right now.
    And it would be nice to not find THAT many LI's all the time..

It could be changed to somthing like this:
    LI's drop almost never (Yes I know that you can craft them, and that I like)
    Instead relics drop directly.
    You can upgrade your LI (item level) for relics.
    You should be able to upgrade your legacies level with relics too.
    Could we just keep the LIs as quest rewards for the Moria intro? Then you just keep those two LIs for your time to level cap, with the possibility of finding others as drops from challenging content OR having a barter system to get additional LIs, as some people like 2 or 3 sets? I love the idea of relics dropping instead of third agers. And upgrading could be purchased from a barterer every 10 levels or so? Keep the symbols as what you need to barter? Only problem I could see with this is needing to completely revamp how star-lit crystals would work, as well as Third v Second v First Age, as you can't really upgrade that.

Just throwing some ideas out there... maybe someone can add to that?

I've come to the conclusion recently that the LI system sits very uncomfortably next to the new class specialisation system. Where perhaps at the first the LI system gave players a degree of customisation and further character development, that no longer applies when compared with the tree system.

Instead perhaps the time is now right to scrap LIs in their entirity and replace them with a new alternate advancement system that is based on ratings - so that every other level we get one or more points to spend to focus on specific character skills as we have with legacies or to spend them on additional passive traits through which the virtue system can be folded in.

That way we could have a multi-dimensional system to developing characters that dispenses totally with all grind.

Of course weapons and class items will remain but they'll be just normal weapons etc.
    <A sig goes here>

Exclamation

Not happy.

All different types of players have different work ethics on their daily basis. Typically raiders, PvPers and experience players can cultivate more than others. There is nothing wrong with it. Turbine has refrained from making it difficult to get first age symbols the PAST TWO EXPANSIONS. Riders of Rohan and Helm's Deep it is VERY easy to achieve them, easier than usual. I remember whenever RoI was new and to get a first age symbol you had to do T2 ToO or Saruman and it was very difficult to win one out of 12 people in a group. Yet you stand here, not complaining about raiding, but SKRAIDS!? They're possibly the easiest 12 man instances and gave remarkable drops before they nerfed it (nothing new though, they always do that.)

If you cannot put in the work to get what you want, that isn't the concern of other players or Turbine, that's your dead issue. They give you the skraids, the opportunity to get gear and other items, if you don't follow through to get the required things you cannot pin it on Turbine whenever they've made it SO easy to be a good player now.

~~All I am saying...~~

Angry Bad Bad Bad

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Yes.

Few minor tweaks could be nice, but over all, I like it.
    Likes: Customizable weapons, designed around skills and level and play style

Dislikes: All the time and work you put into leveling a weapon is lost when you deconstruct it in that relics are not worth much, extracting legacies that you can't give to an alt or trade or even use if the weapon is higher (I thought this was the whole point of extracting a legacy was so we could use it again ... but no), just disappointed in general that nothing has changed in five years and people seem to not care or are complacent. If I had know all my work was for naught I would just be leveling up one weapon or two or three but this system is designed to just make you repeat things OVER AND OVER AD INFINITUM with no result.

Sorry Turbine but you need to fix this!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000007f592/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast