We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 156
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Brandywine
    Posts
    1,757
    Quote Originally Posted by WychHazel View Post
    I have to ask just what is this 'grind' associated with LI's that people go on about?<snip>
    How many characters do you have who use LIs? How many of those characters have you actually acquired LIs at level cap?

    I ask because I suppose it IS a fun side-game if I only had one character. Especially if I only had one character who had never actually hit the level cap yet. Because at that point you have an abundance of relics, shards, and IXP. You can put as much or as little time into your LIs as you want leveling up. And if you don't hit the current level cap before the next expansion is released, then it doesn't really matter. You will carry on as you have been.

    However, this has been MY experience:
    Mines of Moria: 5 characters who each needed AT LEAST 2 LIs each. There was no legacy extraction. What your LI ID'd with was what you got. *IDs and tosses literally 100s of LIs looking for those must-have legacies like Healing and Motivation Skills, Threat skills increase, Focus Bow Crit, etc* Carefully and lovingly maxxes out each legacy of each LI for every character. Grinds out top tier relics for all LIs. Finally got my perfect healing LIs for my Minstrel, now have to put together DPS LIs for soloing... Finally got my tanking LIs for my Guardian, now have to work on overpower LIs. Got my Gambler LIs for my burg, now have to make my Quiet Knife set...

    Mirkwood comes along with a 5 level increase. What? My LIs don't grow with me? TRASH EVERYTHING AND START FROM SCRATCH. What do you mean I can't use Moria IXP runes with level 61+ LIs?!?!?! Become furious about unexpected LI changes. But continue to grind it out so I can still raid. Only able to get 4 toons instead of 5 raid-ready because it's such a grind. Secondary LI's get dropped for some classes (so long QK burg LIs).

    Isengard comes along with a 10 level increase. Really? You want me to do this all again? *takes 9-month break from game because LI hamster wheel is too daunting* TRASH EVERYTHING AND START FROM SCRATCH. Only gets 3 characters casually raid-ready with LI's. Tiers not maxxed. Absolutely NO secondary LIs (minstrels don't ever need to DPS right?)

    Rohan comes along with another 10 level increase. *takes 6-month break from game* TRASH EVERYTHING AND START FROM SCRATCH. Really wants to do group content, so gets 2 characters to cap and puts any old LIs in their hands. Purchases a few Scrolls of Delving, Scrolls of Empowerment. Grinds for T9 relics on 1 LI only. The rest will have to be 'good enough'. Decides to participate in a couple different leveling groups with lower-level characters instead of bringing up another 85. The socialization of a group and the great SoA/MoM content is much more fun to me than endlessly grinding LIs that will be thrown away every 10 levels.

    Helm's Deep will come along in the fall with another dreaded 10 level increase. I have not decided if I will trash everything again, and put the bare minimum effort into new LIs (absolutely no scrolls of delving, empowerment, or anything. No grinding relics). Or maybe I'll just leave them with their 85 half-assed LIs.
    Last edited by Frieja; Jul 05 2013 at 02:51 PM.
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,028
    Look, I get it, most of you dislike the LI system in its current form. I think your reasons for disliking the LI system are entirely reasonable and rational. I personally like it. And I'm probably "weird" for liking it since most of you (whose opinions I'd usually agree with) do. And no no no I'm not just trying to stick up for Turbine. All of my years playing computer rpgs, I've never seen anything like a LI system implemented in a game. Technically, it's a marvel. I love min/maxing my LI's to be the most effective they can be. Like the poster just above me mentioned, this is perhaps because I only play one toon, a hunter.

    If I had a boat-load of alts, perhaps I would feel differently. Like the poster above me mentioned, with a single toon, you can easily save up so much IXP runes, legacy scrolls, and marks/medallions, that you can easily customize the LI of your dreams. I can't imagine how much time it'd take to optimally equip , say , 5 level cap toons.

    I will say this: it's an incredible amount of pressure on a dps class to get 2nd and 1st age main-weapon LI's as soon as they're released if you want to output max dps. As much as I'd like my current first age bow to grow with me to say, level 95, then level 105 etc, and not have to decon it, I'm not sure what motivation I'd have to achieve meta-game if my bow did that. Not dissing the desire for our LI's to level with us and not have to decon them each expansion, just not sure the exact mechanic to replace the old one. Treating the LI's like skirmish soldiers, like one poster suggested, might have promise.
    Last edited by mr_toad; Jul 05 2013 at 11:25 PM.
    other favorite middle-earth games: The One Ring RPG by Cubicle 7; LotR: The Card Game by FFG; Hobbit/LotR Strategy Battle Game by GW

  3. #103
    Well.... at first I thought the LI system was a long-term progression system. It didn't work well as this and I really disliked it. Now I realize it is a looting system and I've accepted it for what it is. What I like about it is the freedom of customization, kind of like traits. It would be nice if legacies were more exciting.

    +1 for Like.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000134c35/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  4. #104

    Thumbs up i see both sides of people's complaints and arguments

    and being someone who is finally wielding a legendary weapon for the first time ever since i started playing LOTRO, i can understand how sometimes it is a bit of a grind, my club is barely at level 22 right now and yea its already a grind but i ignore it, all MMO's have some kind of grind in them,it comes with playing, i just dont see it becoming so bad that i dont want to play the game, yea there are things that can be fixed with it, for me it seemed a bit difficult to understand at first and had to have a fellow kin mate explain it to me and now its easy.


    in the end no matter if you love legendary's or cant stand them at all,the whole point is to have fun in Middle Earth and just enjoy what the game has to offer
    If you are going to be bad, be bad with purpose, otherwise your just not worth Forgiving


    Damon Salvatore

  5. #105
    There are many valid points in this thread, hope that Turbine can take some inspiration from it! For me, coming back to LOTRO after 3 years and just getting to Moria on a brand-new character the system has few major flaws:

    1. I hate how pretty much every quest reward I get is better than my legendary. For example - I just got a nice non-legendary spear for my warden (http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Weapon:Queen's_Bane) - with 50 DPS and 2 stat boosts at +19 this is far better than any legendary I was able to get up to my level (54). However, my legendary spear gives me +damage and other nifty things so it basically boils down to either having good stats or having class ability boosts, mutually exclusive. Hate this.

    2. The system is way too complicated. I remember how before I left LOTRO, I just got to Moria on my first char and the system was pretty complex even then. Now there are new layers of complexity on top of that without anything being streamlined.

    3. There is nothing like choice in the system. At least on my warden I found few legacies I like and the rest is just a filler that I am d-conning immediately. I'd like something alike the trait system, where you have many nice options and have to pick few among them.

    Overall I like the idea but the execution seems meh. But given how they approached skirmish soldiers and war-steeds in their latter expansions I am pretty positive that we can expect some pretty huge overhaul of the LI system in the future

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by trancejeremy View Post
    It's terribly executed.

    It should work more like Skirmish soldiers, IMHO.
    Yes, get rid of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd age. Just give me a weapon that levels with me and that I can customize for different things. Much like the Skirmish Soldiers current system. With cosmetics and such.

    It is such a pain to get the correct legacies you want and then level them up. Get the relics you need. Only to have all your hard work go down the drain come the next expansion and that first age you worked so hard for is being out DPS'ed by the level cap 3rd ager you picked up.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000c5598/signature.png]Tychicus[/charsig]

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
    Yes, get rid of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd age. Just give me a weapon that levels with me and that I can customize for different things.
    If I understand it correctly (and I don't have much experience with LI) some people want changes to LI system.
    And if I understand it correctly they want it like this:

    1). Instead of hard working for weeks(months?) to get your new LI to the same level as your current LI plus some time to bring your new LI to the highest level.

    you want to have something like:

    2). Hard working for weeks (months?) to get your existing LI to the highest level possible (that is going to be changed with every new game expansion)

    or

    3). No hard work, bring my LI to the highest possible level within several hours.


    Well, the last option I guess can never be taken seriously, so we can forget about it. Basically there's only a choice between two first options. Either we spend weeks (months) to get new LI to the highest level or we spend weeks (months) to get our existing LI to the highest level.

    I vote for first option. Why? Because this system keeps me busy. You would probably say that it is just boring to re-do everything that you have already done in the past. I believe it is boring. But the opposite option is no better. Working for weeks (months) to improve existing weapon give me less work and reduce a number of goals that I need to achieve.

    When I level my new LI, I have to wait for weeks (months) before I can start using it. And when I start using it I will get a lot of advantages. That means that I have a very nice goal that I need to achieve.

    If I were able to improve my existing LI to the highest level (like many of you insist) then I don't have to wait. I can start to improve my existing LI little by little spending weeks (months) before I can bring it to the highest level. Meaning 1-3% of weapon improvement during a week for example. That's where the catch is! Isn't it boring to know that you weapon will be semi-automatically improved with the rate of 1-3% per week during several weeks? You can now forget about your LI really, because everything is already predefined for it!
    Last edited by evguenil; Jul 12 2013 at 05:52 AM.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    22

    Unhappy

    Concerning Legendary weapons I have one major complaint. The second age staff for Loremaster is ugly and I tire quickly of having to look at it. Previous staves had creative, attractive, and some crystalline looking tops to them. At level 85 it appears my only choice is a top that looks like a bovine head with a ring through it's nose. It is not appealing to me at all and I am disappointed there is no choice in the matter.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000006ef2/01004/signature.png]Sabby[/charsig]

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sao Paulo - Brazil
    Posts
    206

    Angry I hate!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fipiara View Post
    I'd pretty much agree with this on the like side.

    As for my dislike:
    • I dislike doing nearly the whole thing over again (resulting in the exact same LI, just at the next level cap)
    • I dislike doing nearly the whole thing over again (resulting in the exact same LI, just at the next level cap)
    • I dislike doing nearly the whole thing over again (resulting in the exact same LI, just at the next level cap)
    • I dislike doing nearly the whole thing over again (resulting in the exact same LI, just at the next level cap)
    • ...
    This is the reason I am thinking about quit this game...

    I am only sorry for the years spent in vain...

    THIS IS SOU STUPID, I feel like in a deja vu... doing all the same over and over again!

    I am gonna wait the new expansion comes, and this is the first time I am not pre-buying a lotro expansion... If this dont change, I am quiting!
    [b][size=3][FONT=Garamond][color=#8B0000][center]HELGRIMM OF ELENDILMIR[/color][/FONT][/size][/b][color=#696969][i]Still I'm pushing onward, alone I can't deny
    My presence fills the desert, my spirit never dies![/i][/color][/center]
    [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9080823/ville.gif[/img][/center]

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    172
    Not Happy.
    The Current LI system is a large cause of my inactivity.
    While leveling up the legacies on the weapon is fine, I also want to have my LI's level with me in some way.

    A suggestion to keep the raid progression going would be to allow reforging of LI's to add an 'upgrade' symbol onto it. I.E. You have a lvl 85 3rd age and you win a symbol of C from a raid. You can now 'remake' your weapon to be a Lvl 85 Second age.
    This process could be made more involved by having several base aspects to the weapon, which can upgrade separately.

    Alternatively as mentioned the skirmish soldiers mechanic also works fine. I don't mind a bit of work to gain a few extra levels on a properly levelled up skirmish soldier. I do mind starting from scratch again, especially on all the scrolls.

    One of these two systems being implemented (Or something else similar that keeps at least 90% of your progress including in legacy tiers) would be likely to get me playing actively again rather than once in a while.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by evguenil View Post
    If I were able to improve my existing LI to the highest level (like many of you insist) then I don't have to wait. I can start to improve my existing LI little by little spending weeks (months) before I can bring it to the highest level. Meaning 1-3% of weapon improvement during a week for example. That's where the catch is! Isn't it boring to know that you weapon will be semi-automatically improved with the rate of 1-3% per week during several weeks? You can now forget about your LI really, because everything is already predefined for it!
    Your argument is flawed on so many levels. You say it yourself, you are inexperienced when it comes to this stuff. You have been told the error in your way to view the system mutilple times by now, yet you somehow think you know better.

    But lets just address your argument above. Understand that players that had the, uh, "pleasure" to deal with this system for a tad longer than you have do not need weeks or months to get a new LI to the max. They just need to get that LI. Then they can use 3.8M of their hundreds of millions of stored XP, a few legacy replacement scrolls and scrolls of delving etc. and be done with it in 5 minutes (hopefully! caveat!).

    Now, the thing is that, in the best case (BIG caveat!), this new LI is in every way identical to the prior one, with the exception of its level.

    HOWEVER, and here is the problem that you apparently have not acknowledged by now:
    Thanks to the randomness, the best case is very probably not going to happen. Which means that you throw the item away and try again. The next person has more luck than you doesn't need a second, third or what-have-you attempt. Yes, this is happening (captain emblem, anyone)? And no, this is not desirable nor is it fair.

    SNy
    LotRO on Linux! http://SNy.name/LOTRO/
    Also home to the LI progression diagram.
    Find the new forums unreadable? Try my forum theme.

  12. #112
    I took a break after getting to level 75 and getting my LI up to 75 on one character. The thought of having to re-grind legendary items again is seriously the only thing preventing me from coming back. I hate it. It is absolutely the worst part of the game. As many people have said, I have to play the lotto to try and get good legacies again only to get the exact same item I had before +10 levels.

    Now I have to factor in the fact that there will likely be another level increase this fall. I am not going to do it. If they were to add another relic slot that changed the level of your legendary item, (similar to what SWTOR does), or even an store item that added the levels, I would be back in a flash cracking orc skulls. Sadly, I just don't want to have to put up with scrapping my legendary weapons and starting from scratch.
    Silverlode Brandywine
    Durthir - Guardian Fingolwe - Champion
    Derthir - Hunter
    Boldwin - Captain

  13. #113
    As a new player (got my first LI about 3 weeks ago), I haven't experienced the grind. I only slot/equip higher level LI's and move on. However, I find the system overly complicated, and more of an annoyance than anything else. Storage is a precious commodity, and I find myself drowning in LI related "stuff" that I tend to hoard because I'm never quite sure what it's for.

    Suggestions: simplify, simplify, simplify. Let me slot higher level items (maybe 5 levels max), or, as others have said, allow the LI level to max level.

    My 2 coppers, from a novice player who is having a blast in Middle Earth!

  14. #114
    First, I know this thread is a bit old. I read it some time ago but just couldn't find the time to write a reply, until now. But I think it's a important subject, so here we go:

    No! I hate it so much. Sorry Turbine.

    It’s a pity because LotRO is such a great game!

    Every time my character level up it feels like I have achieved something and I feel exited to get some new skills and to be able to equip new armour, weapon, or traits.

    But when my LI needs a reforge it’s more like:
    -oh no! Now I have to spend hours and hours managing my LI. Trying to make some kind of plan for the future, which is quite hard because of the stupid randomness. It’s quite rare that you get the legacies you want. I leave the Forge-Master rather frustrated. Either with a LI that has about half of it’s potential or I leave almost broke, having spent a lot of gold and most of my marks and shards on a item I will keep for about five to ten levels.

    There are so many good points and ideas in this thread! I hope Turbine reads it.
    Even if some of it has been said already, I want to add my thoughts.

    (And sorry about spelling and grammar. English is not my first language).

    The problems with the legendary item system is:

    - The over-complicated and complex system that has very little logic to it. I spent hours and hours on lotro-wiki and different forums to learn the system. The guide provided by Tubine is a joke! To give their customers a system like this and not provide a FULL guide makes me furious! Equip-level, item-level, legacy tiers, legacy-ranks, Heritage Runes (or XP-runes,) runes, relics, shards, Empowerment-scrolls, Delving-scrolls, legacy replacement-scrolls. Many of the scrolls and all LI also have different level restrictions. And on top of that a lot of the things mentioned also have uneven, random?!, strange and NOT logical values and numbers. For what reason was it made like this? (please note that I’m a person who usually like advanced rules and systems in games. If the system follow some kind of logic, you can use some of the knowledge you have to learn more. And that will be encouraging!)

    - The tool-tips sometimes have missing text. That does not make things easier. Can’t be that hard to fix.

    - The Random legacies on identification and the grind it takes to get the legacies you want.
    It is not fun at all. If you are unlucky on identification you can (with some extra grind) use legacy replacement-scrolls but then you need a lot of Empowerment scrolls and... (see next)

    - The cost for Empowerment scrolls is insane. Same with Scrolls of Delving. Not in level with other costs in the game. Especially if you pay with shards. (The Riddermark Scroll of Empowerment is about 14,000 shards!) I wonder why?

    - The Heritage Runes can be tricky to use because:
    1/ you can’t split/devide a xp-rune into two. (at least as far as I know. I might have missed something. I hope not. lol)
    2/ If your LI needs reforge you can’t use a legacy replacement scroll on it. It is so stupid!
    What this means is that the most valuable runes is the ones that has around 500.000 IXP because this takes your LI up to aprox. level 30 (depending on the item age). Then you want to swap out the legacies for the ones you want. If you use the runes with around 900.000 IXP you will lose a lot of reforges on legacies you don’t want. (Again, I’m not a expert and I might have missed something. But I haven’t been able to figure out how to deal with this)

    - To be able to handle this system you need to save up on a lot of stuff. This takes up a lot of vault space. Vault space cost TP/money. I’m thinking about Heritage Runes (i.e.) Why all this different, strange numbers? What is the reason?

    - As the system is now, it’s not worth to bother with LI until level-cap. So we have a system that is like this. From L55-L85 (soon L95) it is just not worth the time, effort, money, marks or shards to enhance your LI because you will trash it after five to ten levels. And then you have to start all over again. You just slot the best you have, put in a few T5 Relics, no excitement at all! This gives me a very bad feeling about LI!!!

    - When you reach level-cap it is finally worth it to put some effort in your LI. But then, after a year or six months, when level-cap is raised, you have to do it all again. From scratch. Why?

    - The LI does not feel legendary at all. It should grow with you and the system should alow you to upgrade it in different ways along the way.

    - Star-lit Crystals is not working. Depending on the legacies you have, some classes have no use for them. Get rid of them.

    - No options to choose the design for your LI. A cosmetic weapon-slot has been asked for for so long and by so many. The game is full of beautifully designed weapons. It’s a pity we cant use them! If you decide to change the LI system so it contains less grind. This would be a alternative way for you to make a lot of money! War-steeds is a good example. Fully functional but if you want them to look good, it’s in the store.

    Well, well. It’s all been said before. The amount of threads complaining about LI is quite impressive. I think we can continue to write posts, create new threads and complain about the legendary items system but I find it unlikely that it will be changed. (which means I’ve done all this typing for nothing! ))

    I think there is only one reason to make a system like this and that is to direct people to the store.
    Get people frustrated and confused enough and they will go to the store.
    Bad design!!!

    I believe There Is Only One Way to Change The Legendary Items System. And that is to NEVER EVER Use The Store for items that is, in any way related to legendary items.

  15. #115
    No offense meant to any of the posters who took the time to read and post your opinions in this forums. Many of you have offered what you feel are possible solutions to the problems as you see them.....others have chosen just to unleash rant and threaten to basically rage quit. As far as I know we are all entitled to our opinions. Turbine has to balance everything out between it's own agenda for design of the LI system and what a wide range of customers desires are. Personally I am quite satisfied with the current system. I don't mind the fact that I end up having to level up and decon fodder LI or even the LI that I am currently using when it becomes seriously underleveled. I definitely like the fact that it is NOT instant gratification and that it isn't once and done. It would appear that I am in the minority of posters in this thread, but tbh even though I am in large kins I have NEVER heard anyone complain about the LI system in the game. I have heard kinnies and even new players in advice channel ask for help understanding it, which I have almost always seen rapid replies and a huge amount of input and options given by players who were more experienced with LI. Turbine in my opinion has offered a pretty good bit of flexibility within the legendary item developmenet. Can improvements be made? I am pretty confident they could of course. Are changes necessary or should they be a priority for turbine? I for one don't see it at this current time.

  16. #116
    Turbine have already quoted on more than one occassion, that they have invested too much time into the system and it will not be changed.

    I myself, take care to max my mains LI's...it really doesn't take that long as one poster said, you have the shards saved up, relics, and 6 gazillion IXP runes already...

    My alts get whatever....and stay with them..no work every done.

    Agree also, a Legendary weapon is more throw away trash than thro-away trash loot these days....
    Likes to heal and thinks she is good at it. Unfortunately, can't heal stupid or bad builds...

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,780
    Once you get efficient at producing and building LIs, you'll find that you have no problem. with 8, 100s, I built and earned enough tier10 relics/shards for all of them and multiple sets of LIs. I have 1 Million + LI shards as of 11/2014.

    It just takes learning how to become efficient at it, things like:

    1. always cooking LIs to lvl 60 item-xp before deconning (lvl 80+ 3rd ages will give 1-4 tier 7 relics on a decon and ItemXP rune of 830k-938k item XP) apply rune to next cooking LI and it will start immediately at lvl 50 or so.... you can literally earn hundreds of tier 7 relics a week that way.

    2. on those cooked LIs refine your tier 5 or tier 6 relics, you'll end up with 2-3k shards from each one. (earning 100k+ shards is easy this way)

    3. use extra shards on empowerment scrolls or melded relics so you don't have to grind instances as much.

    4. reforge cooking LIs specifically looking for legacies you need.

    doing these 4 steps will make your LI life immensely easier to handle.
    Last edited by Leixy; Nov 07 2014 at 12:31 AM.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

  18. #118

    breaking weapons

    I was wondering how many people have had their legendary weapons break beyond repair. I have a burglar that looses her weapons and signals when she gets into a big battle. Also a lore master that has lost over 75 weapons including the weapons that he has looted that are not even for a lore master. I have invested a lot of time and money into my weapons , I used recommended traits and put high level gems , relics and runes on but my weapons still break. anyone out there having the same problem?

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by newplayerz View Post
    I was wondering how many people have had their legendary weapons break beyond repair.
    No one. Ever.

    There is no equipment in LotRO that can not be repaired.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    4,174
    Quote Originally Posted by newplayerz View Post
    I was wondering how many people have had their legendary weapons break beyond repair. I have a burglar that looses her weapons and signals when she gets into a big battle. Also a lore master that has lost over 75 weapons including the weapons that he has looted that are not even for a lore master. I have invested a lot of time and money into my weapons , I used recommended traits and put high level gems , relics and runes on but my weapons still break. anyone out there having the same problem?
    You do know that there's a repair option on its own tab at pretty much every vendor?

    If you don't repair things that you use, then they will keep getting damaged until they break, but that takes quite a while. Hours.

    If you die and retreat, your items take more damage, but should not be taking so much that they break during one Epic Battle or an evening of questing.

    The only time I've ever had anything break was when crafting. Can't just smelt 10 stacks of ore in one shot. Have to stop and repair the tools.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    It just takes learning how to become efficient at it...
    Efficient: I haven't got there yet...I struggle to level my farming LI's to 30 and then it takes for ever...will after reading your advice stick it out to 60 now!

    If this system could be retained and the name changed I would be happier... then it would leave room for a new improved truly LEGENDARY ITEM...

    And not just weapons...

    Bilbo gave Frodo a Mithril shirt it did not have a 'Bound to account' label...why not be able to share and re-use these new LEGENDARY ITEMS...make them super RARE.

    old ideas I am sure...
    Last edited by tsunamimc; Feb 20 2014 at 06:41 AM.
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

    WP blog: Tsuhelm

  22. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by tsunamimc View Post
    Efficient: I haven't got there yet...I struggle to level my farming LI's to 30 and then it takes for ever...will after reading your advice stick it out to 60 now!
    If the levels of your characters in your signature is accurate, that's why.

    As you level up and complete higher level quests, you're going to get more and more item experience. However, the amount of experience it takes to level up a Legendary item remains the same, regardless of its minimum level (Second and First age LI's take more ixp to get from 30-70 than Third ages).

    So, by the time you get to 95, it becomes relatively simple to get a LI from 0-60 to decon, and ixp Runes are more and more common in instance chests, which also helps expedite the process.

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    282
    Yes very accurate signature I have

    So keep on levelling and the easier it will get
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

    WP blog: Tsuhelm

  24. #124
    I'm OK with it, since it's not a complete #### shoot now, and you can build your own LI to a certain degree. I'm pretty happy right now that I finally got the perfect 2A 95 Captain healing emblem with 5 major legacies, and a nearly perfect DPS 2h sword. But I'm unhappy that there is no real use for such things right now in the game...

    Goreamir - 100 Cap | Jinwe - 88 Hnt | Celebourne - 90 Champ | Humblefoot - 75 Min | Dorfus - 74 Grd | Creonath - 55 Wdn | Stormcraban - 35 LM | Whippit - 35 Brg | Thangadir - 33 RK | Bucksexton - 24 Bng

  25. #125
    The legendary system in combination with the constant increase of level-cap is the reason why I probably not will be coming back.

    Never liked it much. In Moria it was ok, but for everytime I´ve had to destroy what I´ve worked for only to build up a new one in exactly the same way I´ve growned more and more tired of it.

    Now I log on to a character, see that the legendary points are reseted and log straight back out again.

 

 
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload