We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Why pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by nachosare View Post
    I came to terms a long time ago that rank is meaningless, rating is meaningless, and now Slayer Deeds will be meaningless. While all of that is pretty lame, it is nothing new. People who still PvP these days in this game (5-6 year vets), including me, do it because they still have some kind of fun in the moors. If this goes live it will really blow, but it will take something pretty damn drastic to make most people stop PvP in general. Honestly, if you still just play only for infamy/renown and the rewards it gets you there is no point. The legitimacy of those went out the window years ago. Really, are you impressed when you see a rank 13? 14? Hell even a 15? Play because you still enjoy it, or else why bother.
    I completely agree. Got nothing more to say bout that. Im still gonna go out to the moors after this.

Quote Originally Posted by nachosare View Post
    I came to terms a long time ago that rank is meaningless, rating is meaningless, and now Slayer Deeds will be meaningless. While all of that is pretty lame, it is nothing new. People who still PvP these days in this game (5-6 year vets), including me, do it because they still have some kind of fun in the moors. If this goes live it will really blow, but it will take something pretty damn drastic to make most people stop PvP in general. Honestly, if you still just play only for infamy/renown and the rewards it gets you there is no point. The legitimacy of those went out the window years ago. Really, are you impressed when you see a rank 13? 14? Hell even a 15? Play because you still enjoy it, or else why bother.
    Speaking for myself, yes I also understood that rank was meaningless a long time ago. I always enjoy being challenged in the game though, so I decided to go for Hand of Doom, a title only a few other people on the server had (legitimately).

The thing keeping me going was working for that title, and for the most part it was fun trying to snatch kbs away from Rusty, DD, and Bloodbain. But now this game has turned even worse, most of my tribe has left, (for good reason, pvp is pretty boring nowadays compared to other games out there) and pvp has even more problems with it than in RoI.

I understand people will still play this for fun and all, and that's fine. Me and many other vets though, are sick and tired of what Turbine has done to us. They made everything completely pointless. Yes, it boils down to whether or not you are having fun still, but the fact remains that Turbine loathes its veteran community, and that is why you'll see many people leave with this change.

Why should I continue to support a company that continues to spit on the people who have been with it the longest?
    Last edited by dafroisweet; May 04 2013 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin_Eldar View Post
    True .. but that's not what's happening, there's no discussion, just endless, mindless QQing being spammed ad nauseum.
    Actually, no. If you take the time to actually read some of the threads, you'll see many replies that give specific reasons why it's a terrible change and why it shouldn't be implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by avrilo View Post
    Lol at the sickening hypocrisy in this thread.

If the game is in such decay, especially this trashy server, it is mostly because of you, bunch of farmers and farmers supporters.

You are a plague and have forced turbine to adapt and accept you, (there is a farmer in the council ffs, and do you really wonder why they are taking down the leaderboards? It´s to hide your dirty activity, derps), because, one way or the other, you still bring money to the cows.

While turbine has immeasurable fault in all this, make no mistake and don´t underestimate your role in this decay, it is quite important.

In the words of de Maistre: Toute nation a le gouvernement qu´elle mérite (Every nation has the government it merits/deserves). Follow the logic; you will get only the game you deserve and nothing more.
    I agree with this diatribe in all its entirety. Don't really care about the fluff blaming of "decay" on other people whist being enveloped in a boohoo set-up style post, but the rest is pretty spot on.

The evolution, of pvmp in this game, has been completely user driven. I suggest if you do not like something you be a bit more active in making it known through beta and not through forums.

whoa, whats with the influx of other server pvpers coming into this thread? famous Volo is famous

on my 2c, i no longer work on my KB nor rank since i left the game 1.5yr ago, since i just dont have the time. BUT to have the title being free-for-all really does suck. in fact, it suck so much that its as sucky as being the first champ to hit R7 so many years ago, only to get renown mechanics changed that everybody can get R6, R7 within weeks. although not as sucky (but close!) to came back here last month and realized people farms massively and new players hitting R10-R12 out of playing for a few months.

man they all suck.

but yknow what?

i'm still here. when PvE gets boring and i got nothing else to do, or simply just wants to schwing-schwing a bunch of other players. nothing beats the adrenaline rush of PvP no matter how awesome PvE is.

so yeah.

this sucks.

but i'll be around.

and i have a feeling this feeling is mutual with a lot of you out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbeaver View Post
    whoa, whats with the influx of other server pvpers coming into this thread? famous Volo is famous
    Crazy concept, but hear me out. What if it was possible to pvp on more than one server? Nevermind that's just silly.

turbine caters to lowest common denominator since day one. and since that's not news to me this is hardly a surprise.

and I will never understand why you ranked here of all servers volo my god
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    turbine caters to lowest common denominator since day one. and since that's not news to me this is hardly a surprise.

and I will never understand why you ranked here of all servers volo my god
    ohai there.
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

Quote Originally Posted by Redbeaver View Post

on my 2c, i no longer work on my KB nor rank since i left the game 1.5yr ago, since i just dont have the time. BUT to have the title being free-for-all really does suck. in fact, it suck so much that its as sucky as being the first champ to hit R7 so many years ago, only to get renown mechanics changed that everybody can get R6, R7 within weeks. although not as sucky (but close!) to came back here last month and realized people farms massively and new players hitting R10-R12 out of playing for a few months.

man they all suck.

but yknow what?

i'm still here. when PvE gets boring and i got nothing else to do, or simply just wants to schwing-schwing a bunch of other players. nothing beats the adrenaline rush of PvP no matter how awesome PvE is.

so yeah.

this sucks.

but i'll be around.

and i have a feeling this feeling is mutual with a lot of you out there.
    Your feeling is quite mutual and agreeable. PVE is really not what it used to be.

Primary example of that could be seen in the Watcher/DN/DG progression threads. Look at how many kins/pugs participated and now, I can barely count the kins who are successful in PVE on my right hand. The rewards are mediocre and the feeling of accomplishment is just not there.

That engaging effect of PVE is gone, at least to me. Recently, I've been just doing it out of necessity to acquire relatively better gear rather than enjoyment of content. Not a single element of the new raids gave me the same drive as killing the Blind One or any of the DG bosses back in the day.

just my 2cs

Wow, just wow.....when you think turbine can't get any worse they pull something like this and surprise you. I gave up on PvP here when GW2 came out, it boggles my mind that more of you haven't tried it, it's head and shoulders above any kind of PvP that LOTRO has to offer, and it has arena style too if that's your thing.

@Invicti, you still on JQ? If so, ./wave from SoR, what's with BG and the influx of Koreans? Will these guilds that BG bribed to xfer implode like all the others?

Quote Originally Posted by myforumacc2 View Post
    You can count Spidey for that though, he keeps coming back to the forums because he knows he's a lotro fanboi
    Yeah, that's me, the fanboi. I never left the forums and if you can show me a post where I said I was leaving LOTRO forever, please point it out and I'll give you 100g. Truth be told, these forums are as boring as the game. F2P didn't just ruin the game, it also opened it up to morons that can barely put a sentence together. Slither, come back!!!!
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Man that sucks. First infamy/renown changes, then rank acquired skills change, leaderboards, and now it's titles/deeds.

What'll these fruit roll up kids come up with next....

I know I don't play, well......haven't played in a while, but I still feel for you all who continue to play lotro.

Goodluck out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post

@Invicti, you still on JQ? If so, ./wave from SoR, what's with BG and the influx of Koreans? Will these guilds that BG bribed to xfer implode like all the others?
    All the quick xfer top tier servers only seem to hold people for so long before they hop off onto the next big thing, JQ has been pretty steadily at the top since the servers opened I think. either way I've taken quite a long break from the game to level a new champ and start from scratch here, which is more time consuming than I really anticipated. However it's nice to get a fresh perspective on how bad this game still is and what the company continually does to it, but in the end I just missed the champion class so, y'know.

as for WvW I suspect JQ will almost always be tops, whoever has the strongest oceanic base will win because the keeps all flip when the meritards go to bed. after rank 30 arena just feels dull and the only real joy solo in wvw was ganking the jump puzzle. which though hilarious also gets old, for all its interesting features WvW to me still feels like 'moors, with more space and less mobility (ie just walking everywhere taking twice as long and after a death porting like 5 miles north just bothers me)
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

After reading about the possible changes I agree that continuing to PVP is an act of extreme boredom or more probably masochism. Earning renown/infamy is far too easy with the tag-it-all system. And now all the raidbabies with a bajillion kill assists will have every title available to them, titles which were many people's reason for still playing since rank does nothing except impress wide-eyed noobies and tell everyone that you have probably spent way too much time sitting on your thumb in grams and gv respectively.

I've enjoyed playing, I think I did well enough with my 3:1 kill/kb ratio, and I even made it to rank 10. That's good enough for me. I'll be out from time to time, if real-life stuff permits it, to harass some noobies or give vets a challenge, but I know which way the ship is sinking. As many have mentioned, even PVE is way less challenging than it once was. Now it's all about giving everyone access to the same gear. This is pretty much like watching a society fall into communism.

Anyway, it's been fun.
    Last edited by Piccolopasso; May 06 2013 at 02:18 AM.

Wait, people play video games to accomplish things? I thought they were given to us to have fun, waste time, and not accomplish stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by loojaks View Post
    Wait, people play video games to accomplish things? I thought they were given to us to have fun, waste time, and not accomplish stuff...
    Yet your kin continues to kill the raid bosses and current content. Can it be assumed that you play to "accomplish" completion of the content?

Quote Originally Posted by Leksi View Post

The evolution, of pvmp in this game, has been completely user driven.
    "Citation needed."

Quote Originally Posted by Leksi View Post
    I suggest if you do not like something you be a bit more active in making it known through beta and not through forums.
    Is there some reason why the forums would be a poor choice to communicate thoughts about the game and to discuss them in the community? Is it your contention that all the problems uncovered in beta get addressed? The serious imbalance caused by U10 was widely tested and reported on in Beta.

But in this case we ARE discussing an issue that has made it to the beta that has not yet made it to live.

Quote Originally Posted by vhamster View Post
    Your feeling is quite mutual and agreeable. PVE is really not what it used to be.

Primary example of that could be seen in the Watcher/DN/DG progression threads. Look at how many kins/pugs participated and now, I can barely count the kins who are successful in PVE on my right hand. The rewards are mediocre and the feeling of accomplishment is just not there.

That engaging effect of PVE is gone, at least to me. Recently, I've been just doing it out of necessity to acquire relatively better gear rather than enjoyment of content. Not a single element of the new raids gave me the same drive as killing the Blind One or any of the DG bosses back in the day.

just my 2cs
    I miss our Honour and Glory Watcher/ DN/ DG raids :'(
    I completely agree with Volo, the engaging effect of PvE is gone, it's not the same as it used to be, the feeling of reward in this game has vanished.
    Last edited by Gilgalade; May 07 2013 at 01:01 AM.
    Creeps: Rank 11 Warleader | Rank 9 Reaver | Rank 7 Warg
    Freeps: Rank 9 Champion, Rank 5 Guardian

Meh, post delete. What's the point.
    Last edited by Stepbrother; May 06 2013 at 11:20 PM.

OHai Gilgalade!

RE: Why pvp?

I don't understand why the leaderboards are going down, BUT I also don't know why its a big deal. There are 3rd party sites that will run the show now. The black appendage is the biggest example of this. I mean i rarely use leaderboards because The Black Appendage has more features too. If there is something im missing PLEASE tell me.

The thing that i dont enjoy in the update is the kills replaces deeds. The deeds really help me find fun while trying to rank.
    kills count for deed KB change I support crushing that idea and ripping it up.

IN SHORT: I don't mind removing the leaderboards and I hate the idea of replacing kbs for standard kills.

Quote Originally Posted by RunKeep3r View Post
    If there is something im missing PLEASE tell me.

The old progression threads had 2 things, Spidey to maintain them, and kins interested in providing information to update them. Those two conditions changing isn't necessarily a perfect barometer of PvE raiding on Nim. Your ability to "count" the kins successful at one thing or another is as likely to be a lack of data than a lack of raid activity.

The last major raid cluster, Orthanc, lacked a Nimrodel progression thread, but actual Nimrodel progression was there. Most raiders knew roughly which kins had done what, without there being a summary thread about it.

Many of the changes to raiding over the years has lessened the "community" aspects. Before the instance join system, most raids would bump into each other at the entrance points, and would even share "community" loot items like a hope-chain turn-in.

But the current state, is I hope, an anomaly. A major expansion without a single major raid. The Erebor cluster is basically 3 Watchers or turtles, rather than a new DN/BG/Orthanc. No surprise to me that it isn't being embraced with as much gusto.

Quote Originally Posted by Irenmund View Post
    The old progression threads had 2 things, Spidey to maintain them, and kins interested in providing information to update them. Those two conditions changing isn't necessarily a perfect barometer of PvE raiding on Nim. Your ability to "count" the kins successful at one thing or another is as likely to be a lack of data than a lack of raid activity.

The last major raid cluster, Orthanc, lacked a Nimrodel progression thread, but actual Nimrodel progression was there. Most raiders knew roughly which kins had done what, without there being a summary thread about it.

Many of the changes to raiding over the years has lessened the "community" aspects. Before the instance join system, most raids would bump into each other at the entrance points, and would even share "community" loot items like a hope-chain turn-in.

But the current state, is I hope, an anomaly. A major expansion without a single major raid. The Erebor cluster is basically 3 Watchers or turtles, rather than a new DN/BG/Orthanc. No surprise to me that it isn't being embraced with as much gusto.
    I never solely relied on the progression threads to fully comment on the raiding situation.

The progression threads were used as an example to illustrate activity and intensity. I seriously doubt that Orthanc generated the same level of raid activity as previous instance clusters. I'm not going to invest time and attach raw data to support my claim, but you, as a raider, sure get the picture here.

I never solely relied on the progression threads to fully comment on the raiding situation.

The progression threads were used as an example to illustrate activity and intensity. I seriously doubt that Orthanc generated the same level of raid activity as previous instance clusters. I'm not going to invest time and attach raw data to support my claim, but you, as a raider, sure get the picture here.

Nobody on NIM really made effective progress on Orthanc, as I recall, thus lack of activity on that particular progression. Correct me if I'm wrong but no kin actually beat Saruman challenge or F&F challenge on level.

OHai V0l0 btw

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgalade View Post
    I miss our Honour and Glory Watcher/ DN/ DG raids :'(
    I completely agree with Volo, the engaging effect of PvE is gone, it's not the same as it used to be, the feeling of reward in this game has vanished.
    I find it very rewarding sticking arrows Gothlag ....just saying.... and yes i miss the old H&G days

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast