We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 128

Thread: Why pvp?

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Angry Why pvp?

    I just read the forums and noticed this:

    "Originally Posted by Sapience

    Monsterplay
    Quests and Deeds that require the defeat of Players or Monster Players will now advance for all contributors, not just the player who dealt the final blow."

    Also, I heard they're evaporating leaderboards in attempt to enhance their website?

    I died a little inside.

    All those kb titles and hard work ( run through TA to kill Cream sitting up top) will soon be rendered useless.

    That extra spice of getting a kb on Rusty, DD and Butta(in the old days), will soon be meaningless.

    Why pvp?
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

  2. #2
    Good question. I'll be uninstalling if this makes it through. Absolutely no point to be in the moors at all. Rank is meaningless, soloing is basically dead, rating is useless, and now we're going to see rank 9's and 10's with HoD or BM. Not to mention the pointless removal of leaderboards. Instead of attempting to fix the multitude of problems that need to be addressed, and are already driving some players away, they create more problems that will drive more people away. Just another giant slap in the face to the people that have been playing this game for years.

    What's the point?
    High Chieftain Dafromanx - Blackarrow
    Third Marshal Cillidellan - Elf Guardian
    If you just do stuff, and nothing happens... what does it all mean? What's the point?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Castle Wars
    Posts
    476
    Well, guess im out. It could just be an announcement "Look at all the things we give you - like titles!"



    I get a little shiver of delight when my deed tracker turns OJ though xD
    Mirkwoodian - Savior of the Ettenmoors

    Squishy sacrificial tank 2012ish

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    721
    Do we really need millionth thread with people crying that kill steal deeds are now defeating other people deeds, and that the entire raid gets the same reward and advance rate?
    fire rk is just hunt clone without evade, ports and lower mits, or LM clone without CC, pets and 1 less gear slot.
    thx for destroying yellow line and the entire class with it

  5. #5
    How much of you sayd "WE ARE LEAVE, WE DONT LIKE THIS" and leaving for real?
    Ukitake! Off peak! [url]http://offpeak.webs.com/[/url]

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoriu View Post
    How much of you sayd "WE ARE LEAVE, WE DONT LIKE THIS" and leaving for real?
    I'm not grammar police, but dude. lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Do we really need millionth thread with people crying that kill steal deeds are now defeating other people deeds, and that the entire raid gets the same reward and advance rate?
    Discussing the topic within the server's community while raising awareness among the population is not what you call "crying".
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Castle Wars
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by vhamster View Post
    Discussing the topic within the server's community while raising awareness among the population is not what you call "crying".
    ^Yea, i hardly ever check other forums


    Quote Originally Posted by Santoriu View Post
    How much of you sayd "WE ARE LEAVE, WE DONT LIKE THIS" and leaving for real?

    Thats not my fault, im just visiting until i get a new game rofl! Besides, a LOT have left actually, BB SS and before the leaderboards are gone, you can check for all the MIA names over there.
    Mirkwoodian - Savior of the Ettenmoors

    Squishy sacrificial tank 2012ish

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,587
    Quote Originally Posted by vhamster View Post
    Discussing the topic within the server's community while raising awareness among the population is not what you call "crying".
    True .. but that's not what's happening, there's no discussion, just endless, mindless QQing being spammed ad nauseum.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoriu View Post
    How much of you sayd "WE ARE LEAVE, WE DONT LIKE THIS" and leaving for real?
    People have been leaving, and it's not just on our server. The pvp in this game is dying a slow, painful death. With the devaluation of rank, rating, and now titles, there is literally no point in visiting the moors, especially on Nimrodel, where the action is pretty lackluster anyway (at least when I've been on). This will be the final nail in the coffin for many people, especially vets.
    High Chieftain Dafromanx - Blackarrow
    Third Marshal Cillidellan - Elf Guardian
    If you just do stuff, and nothing happens... what does it all mean? What's the point?

  10. #10
    Yeah i played beta and i was wondering why i was getting kbs on my wl when i was with 0 kbs i thinks its kind of discusting from turbine to do that i dont understand why they change the moors all the time instead of balancing it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001c49a3/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    R.I.P Esfiel(Rank13) (Promotion Rank 7) BA(rank8) Spider(rank8) Coq(rank9)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Castle Wars
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoriu View Post
    How much of you sayd "WE ARE LEAVE, WE DONT LIKE THIS" and leaving for real?
    You can count Spidey for that though, he keeps coming back to the forums because he knows he's a lotro fanboi
    Mirkwoodian - Savior of the Ettenmoors

    Squishy sacrificial tank 2012ish

  12. #12
    Oh guys, i dont try troll/blame/criticize any. Its just funny, when each update we found ppls who dont like something and they call about leaving, but not do this. Other update same stuff. But this way what turbine make totally bad for PvP players (in my eyes).
    P.S Volo dont criticize my english please DDDDDD
    Ukitake! Off peak! [url]http://offpeak.webs.com/[/url]

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    285
    Meh, post delete. What's the point.
    Last edited by Stepbrother; May 07 2013 at 12:20 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    954
    OHai Gilgalade!
    Bigslick

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Do we really need millionth thread with people crying that kill steal deeds are now defeating other people deeds, and that the entire raid gets the same reward and advance rate?

    It's the first on this servers' forum page and we really need that much more than we need people from Snowbourn/Gladden coming to shut us up.
    Last edited by Mormirel; May 04 2013 at 07:06 AM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by vhamster View Post
    I just read the forums and noticed this:

    "Originally Posted by Sapience

    Monsterplay
    Quests and Deeds that require the defeat of Players or Monster Players will now advance for all contributors, not just the player who dealt the final blow."

    Also, I heard they're evaporating leaderboards in attempt to enhance their website?

    I died a little inside.

    All those kb titles and hard work ( run through TA to kill Cream sitting up top) will soon be rendered useless.

    That extra spice of getting a kb on Rusty, DD and Butta(in the old days), will soon be meaningless.

    Why pvp?
    Why? To have fun. The spirit of competition. You and others have been bemoaning the 'meaningless' of all the various pvp 'achievements' in lotro for so long. You don't need titles or a record of your kbs, etc, to pvp. You just need to get out there and pvp and have fun doing it for so long as it is fun; if it is not fun just pack up and do something else. Too many people care about all this meta pvp and statistics designed to suck you in. If that is what keeps you playing then you're not really in it for the pvp.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000ead20/signature.png]Hapili[/charsig]

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,508
    Curious - did something happen recently that made you want to respond?

    I have tried PvP maybe twice and it was years ago. I went in as a "Freep" I believe, because I was my same character. I got a beat-down like nobody's business and the Kin mate who took me there thought it was very funny.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimeih View Post
    Why? To have fun. The spirit of competition. You and others have been bemoaning the 'meaningless' of all the various pvp 'achievements' in lotro for so long. You don't need titles or a record of your kbs, etc, to pvp. You just need to get out there and pvp and have fun doing it for so long as it is fun; if it is not fun just pack up and do something else. Too many people care about all this meta pvp and statistics designed to suck you in. If that is what keeps you playing then you're not really in it for the pvp.
    What spirit of competition is there if there is no balance? Since there was no balance to begin with, you tend to look for "fun" else where. I, for instance, found fun in accomplishments via deed acquisition and completion. I found it fun to race people for rank and kb achievements. If this is your idea of having fun and competition, by trivializing and dumbing down the content, then I have no further need for discussion.
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by vhamster View Post
    dumbing down the content
    Isn't this the road we're going down already?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by sp33dccm View Post
    Isn't this the road we're going down already?
    Perhaps. Seems like PC supports it, at least this server's member anyway =(
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by vhamster View Post
    Perhaps. Seems like PC supports it, at least this server's member anyway =(
    You assume too much. I didn't comment on content -- I commented on gameplay. PvP should be its own end and reward; if it is unbalanced or unsatisfying then the issues that make it so should be addressed. Rank and deeds are more of a reflection of time invested than anything else. If you like that then more power to you but it isn't why everyone logs in to PvP.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000ead20/signature.png]Hapili[/charsig]

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by vhamster View Post
    Perhaps. Seems like PC supports it, at least this server's member anyway =(
    Most likely because it caters for the 'casual' players. You can't keep everyone happy and sadly since that population outweighs the hardcore players, they'll make Turbine/WB more money. Hence the changes. Moving off topic.. but anyway

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by vhamster View Post
    What spirit of competition is there if there is no balance? Since there was no balance to begin with, you tend to look for "fun" else where. I, for instance, found fun in accomplishments via deed acquisition and completion. I found it fun to race people for rank and kb achievements. If this is your idea of having fun and competition, by trivializing and dumbing down the content, then I have no further need for discussion.
    It's relative I guess. I lost interest in deeds, titles, rank, years ago when they changed the raid infamy/renown rules and I watched every laughable raid baby vault past me in rank just sitting in the middle of a pile of bodies doing squat. No offense, you were one of them at one time and (gasp) you're the highest ranked player on the server. So I say, meh, at least they're finally just blowing it up real good now. Enjoy your titles everyone!

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepbrother View Post
    It's relative I guess. I lost interest in deeds, titles, rank, years ago when they changed the raid infamy/renown rules and I watched every laughable raid baby vault past me in rank just sitting in the middle of a pile of bodies doing squat. No offense, you were one of them at one time and (gasp) you're the highest ranked player on the server. So I say, meh, at least they're finally just blowing it up real good now. Enjoy your titles everyone!
    None taken Milt, I'll admit I didn't know better at the time.There were people who showed me the flip side of the coin then.I doubt there are many,if any,left to open alternatives to the population.
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Castle Wars
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimeih View Post
    If that is what keeps you playing then you're not really in it for the pvp.
    I dont know why i came back but ohhh myy goodd this is hilarious



    Do you even pvp?
    Mirkwoodian - Savior of the Ettenmoors

    Squishy sacrificial tank 2012ish

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload