We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why pvp?

Hybrid View

Angry Why pvp?

I just read the forums and noticed this:

"Originally Posted by Sapience

Monsterplay
    Quests and Deeds that require the defeat of Players or Monster Players will now advance for all contributors, not just the player who dealt the final blow."

Also, I heard they're evaporating leaderboards in attempt to enhance their website?

I died a little inside.

All those kb titles and hard work ( run through TA to kill Cream sitting up top) will soon be rendered useless.

That extra spice of getting a kb on Rusty, DD and Butta(in the old days), will soon be meaningless.

Why pvp?
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

Good question. I'll be uninstalling if this makes it through. Absolutely no point to be in the moors at all. Rank is meaningless, soloing is basically dead, rating is useless, and now we're going to see rank 9's and 10's with HoD or BM. Not to mention the pointless removal of leaderboards. Instead of attempting to fix the multitude of problems that need to be addressed, and are already driving some players away, they create more problems that will drive more people away. Just another giant slap in the face to the people that have been playing this game for years.

What's the point?
    High Chieftain Dafromanx - Blackarrow
    Third Marshal Cillidellan - Elf Guardian
    If you just do stuff, and nothing happens... what does it all mean? What's the point?

Well, guess im out. It could just be an announcement "Look at all the things we give you - like titles!"

I get a little shiver of delight when my deed tracker turns OJ though xD
    Mirkwoodian - Savior of the Ettenmoors

Squishy sacrificial tank 2012ish

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Do we really need millionth thread with people crying that kill steal deeds are now defeating other people deeds, and that the entire raid gets the same reward and advance rate?
    fire rk is just hunt clone without evade, ports and lower mits, or LM clone without CC, pets and 1 less gear slot.
    thx for destroying yellow line and the entire class with it

How much of you sayd "WE ARE LEAVE, WE DONT LIKE THIS" and leaving for real?
    Ukitake! Off peak! [url]http://offpeak.webs.com/[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Santoriu View Post
    I'm not grammar police, but dude. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Do we really need millionth thread with people crying that kill steal deeds are now defeating other people deeds, and that the entire raid gets the same reward and advance rate?
    Discussing the topic within the server's community while raising awareness among the population is not what you call "crying".

Quote Originally Posted by vhamster View Post
    Discussing the topic within the server's community while raising awareness among the population is not what you call "crying".
    ^Yea, i hardly ever check other forums

Thats not my fault, im just visiting until i get a new game rofl! Besides, a LOT have left actually, BB SS and before the leaderboards are gone, you can check for all the MIA names over there.

True .. but that's not what's happening, there's no discussion, just endless, mindless QQing being spammed ad nauseum.

People have been leaving, and it's not just on our server. The pvp in this game is dying a slow, painful death. With the devaluation of rank, rating, and now titles, there is literally no point in visiting the moors, especially on Nimrodel, where the action is pretty lackluster anyway (at least when I've been on). This will be the final nail in the coffin for many people, especially vets.
    High Chieftain Dafromanx - Blackarrow
    Third Marshal Cillidellan - Elf Guardian
    If you just do stuff, and nothing happens... what does it all mean? What's the point?

Yeah i played beta and i was wondering why i was getting kbs on my wl when i was with 0 kbs i thinks its kind of discusting from turbine to do that i dont understand why they change the moors all the time instead of balancing it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001c49a3/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    R.I.P Esfiel(Rank13) (Promotion Rank 7) BA(rank8) Spider(rank8) Coq(rank9)

You can count Spidey for that though, he keeps coming back to the forums because he knows he's a lotro fanboi

Oh guys, i dont try troll/blame/criticize any. Its just funny, when each update we found ppls who dont like something and they call about leaving, but not do this. Other update same stuff. But this way what turbine make totally bad for PvP players (in my eyes).
    P.S Volo dont criticize my english please DDDDDD
    Ukitake! Off peak! [url]http://offpeak.webs.com/[/url]

Meh, post delete. What's the point.
    Last edited by Stepbrother; May 07 2013 at 12:20 AM.

OHai Gilgalade!
    Bigslick

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post

It's the first on this servers' forum page and we really need that much more than we need people from Snowbourn/Gladden coming to shut us up.
    Last edited by Mormirel; May 04 2013 at 07:06 AM.

I just read the forums and noticed this:

"Originally Posted by Sapience

Monsterplay
    Quests and Deeds that require the defeat of Players or Monster Players will now advance for all contributors, not just the player who dealt the final blow."

Also, I heard they're evaporating leaderboards in attempt to enhance their website?

I died a little inside.

All those kb titles and hard work ( run through TA to kill Cream sitting up top) will soon be rendered useless.

That extra spice of getting a kb on Rusty, DD and Butta(in the old days), will soon be meaningless.

Why pvp?
    Why? To have fun. The spirit of competition. You and others have been bemoaning the 'meaningless' of all the various pvp 'achievements' in lotro for so long. You don't need titles or a record of your kbs, etc, to pvp. You just need to get out there and pvp and have fun doing it for so long as it is fun; if it is not fun just pack up and do something else. Too many people care about all this meta pvp and statistics designed to suck you in. If that is what keeps you playing then you're not really in it for the pvp.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000ead20/signature.png]Hapili[/charsig]

Curious - did something happen recently that made you want to respond?

I have tried PvP maybe twice and it was years ago. I went in as a "Freep" I believe, because I was my same character. I got a beat-down like nobody's business and the Kin mate who took me there thought it was very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimeih View Post
    Why? To have fun. The spirit of competition. You and others have been bemoaning the 'meaningless' of all the various pvp 'achievements' in lotro for so long. You don't need titles or a record of your kbs, etc, to pvp. You just need to get out there and pvp and have fun doing it for so long as it is fun; if it is not fun just pack up and do something else. Too many people care about all this meta pvp and statistics designed to suck you in. If that is what keeps you playing then you're not really in it for the pvp.
    What spirit of competition is there if there is no balance? Since there was no balance to begin with, you tend to look for "fun" else where. I, for instance, found fun in accomplishments via deed acquisition and completion. I found it fun to race people for rank and kb achievements. If this is your idea of having fun and competition, by trivializing and dumbing down the content, then I have no further need for discussion.

dumbing down the content
    Isn't this the road we're going down already?

Quote Originally Posted by sp33dccm View Post
    Isn't this the road we're going down already?
    Perhaps. Seems like PC supports it, at least this server's member anyway =(

You assume too much. I didn't comment on content -- I commented on gameplay. PvP should be its own end and reward; if it is unbalanced or unsatisfying then the issues that make it so should be addressed. Rank and deeds are more of a reflection of time invested than anything else. If you like that then more power to you but it isn't why everyone logs in to PvP.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000ead20/signature.png]Hapili[/charsig]

Most likely because it caters for the 'casual' players. You can't keep everyone happy and sadly since that population outweighs the hardcore players, they'll make Turbine/WB more money. Hence the changes. Moving off topic.. but anyway

What spirit of competition is there if there is no balance? Since there was no balance to begin with, you tend to look for "fun" else where. I, for instance, found fun in accomplishments via deed acquisition and completion. I found it fun to race people for rank and kb achievements. If this is your idea of having fun and competition, by trivializing and dumbing down the content, then I have no further need for discussion.
    It's relative I guess. I lost interest in deeds, titles, rank, years ago when they changed the raid infamy/renown rules and I watched every laughable raid baby vault past me in rank just sitting in the middle of a pile of bodies doing squat. No offense, you were one of them at one time and (gasp) you're the highest ranked player on the server. So I say, meh, at least they're finally just blowing it up real good now. Enjoy your titles everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Stepbrother View Post
    It's relative I guess. I lost interest in deeds, titles, rank, years ago when they changed the raid infamy/renown rules and I watched every laughable raid baby vault past me in rank just sitting in the middle of a pile of bodies doing squat. No offense, you were one of them at one time and (gasp) you're the highest ranked player on the server. So I say, meh, at least they're finally just blowing it up real good now. Enjoy your titles everyone!
    None taken Milt, I'll admit I didn't know better at the time.There were people who showed me the flip side of the coin then.I doubt there are many,if any,left to open alternatives to the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimeih View Post
    If that is what keeps you playing then you're not really in it for the pvp.
    I dont know why i came back but ohhh myy goodd this is hilarious

Do you even pvp?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast