We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flight to the Lonely Mountain Challenge

Just wondering how kins are getting on with this? I can't see any claims that it have been completed yet but it is possible in theory.

How far have people got? Do we know if the instance completes when the 100th add dies or do you still need to survive 10 minutes as well?

Are there any 'outside the box' methods that seem to work?

How i know no one beat it, but ppls work on it and some are close. Now its a bit hard to fill up raids by reason's. Thats why progress not fast.

Shock & Awe said they were close, maybe they have done it.

We aren't really raiding at the moment, most people in my kin (including myself) are entirely fed up with the state of the end game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarenius View Post
    We aren't really raiding at the moment, most people in my kin (including myself) are entirely fed up with the state of the end game.
    This is pretty true for us, too. FLM is one of the least compelling raids I've ever seen (it seems odd to me it's the one Turbine had the most quality problems with, too, considering the mechanics involved). The Erebor raid set in general has piqued the least interest from our players to date, so we've taken a very casual approach to the T2C content.

More power to those with the time and gumption to see it through. Hopefully we'll find Helm's Deep to be worth raiding.
    [CENTER]Othrandir[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Resistance - Brandywine[/CENTER]

Glad to see Im not only once. Lotro caught my eye with OD raids, but now only things keeps me here is friends and pvp. Raiding is almost dead in lotro, wai? lol

Same for us. We are may raid every 2 weeks for 1-2 hours.... no more motivation. And the new player council at the absence of top end raider in that council doesn't let me hope for a change...
    Last edited by Burio; May 02 2013 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burio View Post
    Same for us. We are may raid every 2 weeks for 1-2 hours.... now more motivation.
    That's about 1-2 hours more than us :P

We have not done it yet. All mechanics are known, it's just a matter of execution/luck - a death, or being too slow, healing puddle in the wrong place, or some other mistake will often spiral out of control. Not mention multiple "bad" waves in a row where you have to keep several inopportune mobs alive. Even when things goes 95% smoothly, we have not been able to thoroughly test theorized strategies.

Perhaps U11 changes will make it more doable.
    Beastwise ~ R15 Captain | Beastnas ~ R11 Hunter | Beastfang ~ R11 Warg | Doctorbeast ~ R10 Defiler

For the testing I did over on Bull, Flight at this time on live is not WIA. The damage I was taking over on Bull was way less than what it is on live. JW has screwed us again and I think we are going to be left with another Fire and Frost messed up raid. For a game that I have loved so much it just hurts to see the state that everything is in.
    Ramble On's Channel: [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/QuantarLOTRO?feature=mhee[/url]

we haven't worked on it at all, enthusiasm is pretty low and most of us are spending more time playing Rift than lotro. after the debacle that was F/F wing in orthanc, we have zero confidence that the T2C raids are even tested by Turbine and don't want to bang our heads on something that may be overtuned. we will wait until it is beaten by one of the more hardcore kins (so that we know the fight is winnable) before wasting any time on it.

I just did another round of testing on Bull and have found that now the healing puddles appear to be alot smaller than on live.
    In faact way smaller.

Last edited by Jamesm429; May 03 2013 at 12:23 PM.
    Ramble On's Channel: [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/QuantarLOTRO?feature=mhee[/url]

Ouuu I hope the red patches are smaller too.

The red ones are the same size but now only less than half the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesm429 View Post
    The red ones are the same size but now only less than half the damage.
    This is a JOKE.

While I wasn't around for the whole Watcher 1.0 ->2.0->3.0 fiasco, this to me feels like you've effectively changed the instance so significantly, that the entire challenge and enjoyment it had will be gone.

I shall redouble my efforts to have PUGs complete it legitimately it prior to update 11!
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    This is a JOKE.

While I wasn't around for the whole Watcher 1.0 ->2.0->3.0 fiasco, this to me feels like you've effectively changed the instance so significantly, that the entire challenge and enjoyment it had will be gone.

I shall redouble my efforts to have PUGs complete it legitimately it prior to update 11!
    I'd advise you not to try too hard.

There is no 'challenge' , just a not-tested challenge mode.

It's a fail skirmish raid,it pains me to say it,but it is what it is.

And we are stuck with it for another year or so :-)

No hard feelings i hope , i just don't like watching players getting desperate because Turbine failed.
    Last edited by BotLike; May 04 2013 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post

No hard feelings i hope , i just don't like watching players getting desperate because Turbine failed.
    I don't think I'll be able to muster enough skilled players to do challenge mode before the nerf. I would however, like to get a regular T2 Pug done before the nerf.

I've pugged it to 8m multiple times, I've just had a lousy time getting 11 other interested people at the same time in the last 2 weeks on Riddermark.

(Server's had 3 kins clear it, to give you an idea of how small we are. http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...91#post6745391 )
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

I just wish Turbine would put actual incentive into doing t2c. Currently t2c is an iffy possibility. After the update with patches being made more manageable I can see top kins getting t2c if they give it an honest effort.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyloo22546 View Post
    I just wish Turbine would put actual incentive into doing t2c. Currently t2c is an iffy possibility. After the update with patches being made more manageable I can see top kins getting t2c if they give it an honest effort.
    Getting this raid down for T2C as it currently stands is not a matter of giving it an honest effort. No matter how solid of a strat you have in place, there is a ton of luck built into this raid which makes it quite frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    I don't think I'll be able to muster enough skilled players to do challenge mode before the nerf. I would however, like to get a regular T2 Pug done before the nerf.

I've pugged it to 8m multiple times, I've just had a lousy time getting 11 other interested people at the same time in the last 2 weeks on Riddermark.

(Server's had 3 kins clear it, to give you an idea of how small we are. http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...91#post6745391 )
    On Withywindle, PUG was 1st and only group to complete Flight T2.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...75#post6771775

Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post

Excuse me, Turbine failed or glorified raiders, so-called-top-elite-part-of-community, failed? Lol glorified raiders can't complete 'skirmish' raid

Quote Originally Posted by Burio View Post
    And the new player council at the absence of top end raider in that council doesn't let me hope for a change...
    These kinds of statements really motivates me though. I can just feel how they make me want to fight for harder solo content and more/better raids in the game... *cheers*
    Last edited by Raven-EU; May 07 2013 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Clarrity.
    [I]A small cog in a big machine.
    [/I]
    Life has no "Undo" button, only "I'm sorry". Thinking before doing is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderv View Post
    Excuse me, Turbine failed or glorified raiders, so-called-top-elite-part-of-community, failed? Lol glorified raiders can't complete 'skirmish' raid
    Tbh the top-elite part of lotro community are it's forums trolls.Even if they do a lousy job.

Keep trying fan boi

Has anyone spent time in here post-U11?
    Beastwise ~ R15 Captain | Beastnas ~ R11 Hunter | Beastfang ~ R11 Warg | Doctorbeast ~ R10 Defiler

We tried it last night and it bugged on us. The initial group spawns. After you kill them, nothing happens. The "real" fight never begins.

We this instance twice before we sent in tickets and gave up.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000051de2/signature.png]Naethromraw[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by anteku View Post
    We tried it last night and it bugged on us. The initial group spawns. After you kill them, nothing happens. The "real" fight never begins.

We this instance twice before we sent in tickets and gave up.
    Oh geez.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast