We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Im going to play Neverwinter,
    I am hanging on by a thread to LOTRO atm the only reason i still take a interest is because i loved this game for so many years
    I dont actually play to much atm because the raiding and 3 or 6 man instances are so terrible atm
    BFE t1 run into a square area and kill 2 trolls
    BFE t2 run into a square area and kill 2 trolls
    BFE t2c run into a square area and kill 2 trolls

FLM run into a small map cross a lake and fight mobs that spawn out of the other end
    SMAUG run into a slightly larger map turn pipes and fight a bonfire

Dosent even matter if you do it t1 t2 or t2c fact is these instances or raids if you can call them that are hopeless

I will wait for Helms Deep and make up my mind when its released there is no way in hell im going to pre order
    Unless Helms deep is end game focused i will probally never return to LOTRO shame because this game was once great.

But i will give away my 2000 odd gold and empty my bank vaults to any kin mates that might still be left playing

To be honest I have barely even touched this raid cluster. Why? Because it's not fun or exciting enough for me to justify waking up at 4 am (while as Isengard and BG/OD definitely were!). I've spent most of this expansion lvlling up an alt (while having lvlled and geared to 85 3 other toons as well), but I don't have very high hopes for future. My kin has done all t2s and smaug challenge so far but they're struggling to get a group together every night - many people have left already and many (like me) log in seldom. Socializing makes people wanna log in only so little, there has to be SOMETHING to do as well as a group. Right now our kin's future isn't too bright and I personally really do NOT want to leave this game but... most days I don't really feel like playing either.
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

The lack of incentive to run what currently passes for raids is sad. Even if you do T2 or T2c, which we do every weekend, you can walk away with nothing. Then you can go in and complete it again 2-3 more times before raid time is over. My minstrel can't even use more than one of the Greater Erebor pieces because the Hytbold set is better and the gold helm beats the new set as well.

Instances are boring on T1 - I go red line and war speech through them all. T2 has no better drops than T1 and therefore no incentive. I don't need seals because there is nothing to spend them on.

The Moors is usually a zerg for one side or the other and I now understand why people say it's broken.

I've been with lotro for 4-1/2 years and I'm sad. I love to raid, I love a challenge, and the game is focusing on easy, solo content with basically the same rewards for a casual player as a hard core raider.

I'm waiting to check out ESO, and I've downloaded EQ2. Mostly I spend my time watching The West Wing on Netflix and reading now. Kinmates aren't logging on regularly anymore except raid day, and that makes me sad.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Not sure what i will do. I'm already bored with Lotro. I enjoy doing instances and raids the most in Lotro, but the quality of both has dropped immensely over the past few updates. Because of lack of money or time they come up with total &&&& for us to play.

SoA: Great instances and raids that took a lot of time, with a lock system so you can continue where you left another day.
    MoM: Great instances that took 30 minutes or less to complete. Watcher was not bad, it took some skill, but was really short. Turtle, worst raid ever at this point. 5 minute DPS fest.
    Lothlorien: 2 small group instances that were very simple and a simple but fun 6 man instance. DN a very good raid, but felt worse then the Rift or Helegrod.
    SoM: A few boring 3 man instances, 1 slightly fun to play 6 man instance. Slightly fun raid with immense trash pulls to make the raid feel larger. With lock system (before it was scaled)
    RoI: A few boring 3 man instances. Pretty fun 6 man instance. A raid that is slightly more fun then the Turtle raid that involved a lot of running around. And a raid that was pretty fun to do with a lock system.
    TGR: (think it were 2 instances?) that were pretty entertaining.
    RoR: Some poor instances both 3 and 6 man. Scaled raids for endgame. Some very simple new raids that might take a lunchbreak to create. They are either too simple (T1), or too long and boring (T2 + CM) or too hard, long and boring (T2 CM) Raids makes you braindead after a few retries.

Next up: No raids at all. Or be prepared for something even worse then the latest raids.

So i will probably look for other games.

Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    The system isnt better. Its not EASIER on the casual i dont have time to get gear to do runs crowd
    Actually I find that the system IS in fact easier for the casual player, because it no longer requires you to mindlessly grind specific instances but rather lets you aquire whatever you need to gear out through a variety of content that doesn't leave you bored to tears after 20 minutes. Who cares if it takes an extra day or even an extra week or month to gear out if you can do it in whatever content is fun to you. You won't catch me running Sambrog 8 hours straigt even if that might be the fastest way to aquire the seals necessary for my gear, when I can spend my precious time having fun in a variety of instances with my friends instead and before I know it have aquired all the seals I need and more.

As an older player with family and fulltime-job I don't have much play time most days, but I still enjoy instances and raids a lot. I am kind of relieved that the people available for raiding and instance running seem to shift from those who seem to spend their time 24/7 grinding what to them looks like the most profitable content to get their perfect gear in the least amount of time to those who are actually raiding and running instances to enjoy the ride, not caring whether they are geared up this week or next. My playtime is precious, and I'm happy that this game allows me to spend it enjoying myself and still getting somewhere rather than grinding what I don't enjoy just so I'm not left behind a week after new content turns up.

That said, I don't know how hard the current raids really are compared to what we had before. I've come late to the game and only started raiding shortly before the release of Rise of Isengard, so I have no idea what the older raids where like when they first were released. The groups I currently play with are playing the Erebor raids on T2 (only Smaug on Challenge though so far), so either the raids are in fact too easy, or the hardcore raiders aren't as far above us casuals as I've been led to believe . Realistically it's probably a mix of both.

Still, with the current setup of scalable instances, loot availability and equipment choices the time and persistance required to mindlessly grind boring content to even participate in endgame grouping and raiding seems to have become a lot less, allowing so-called casual (but talented) players to play in a similar league as hardcore raiders (whatever they may be). I love to raid, I love to tackle the coordination and strategy required to beat (some of) the group content, especially with groups outside of the beaten path (don't ask how often I've been told that you just can't do this or that instance/raid without a proper guardian and minstrel and then gone out and played it with warden and runekeeper just fine). But most of all I love that I no longer need to spend my precious play time mindlessly grinding for perfect gear just so people won't look down their nose at me when I turn up in a raid.

I don't know how long people with a mindset similar to mine will stay in this game in large enough numbers to make instancing and raiding worthwhile. So far the raids that I play with are mostly full (four nights a week ... some days I feel pretty hardcore when I see my raid schedule ), and there are people around to play 3- or 6-mans almost any time of day. Most of those people enjoy questing and exploring as much as raiding and instancing, so I'm hoping that they'll stay in-game for a long time. Time will tell ...

To get back to the original question of this thread: I don't know what group I belong to ... raider, soloer, casual, hardcore, roleplayer even (with at least one night a week dedicated to a group of roleplaying hobbits slowly questing their way through middle earth) ... probably a bit of everything. And I expect to be doing all of this (including regular raiding) for the coming weeks and months. To me, a good mix of content for all groups is the perfect win for this game.

*puts on tinfoil hat and goes hiding in hobbit-stealth*

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I've been playing Fallout 3 about two hours a day for the last 6 weeks. When I saw the title in your thread the first raiders I thought of were the bandits in that game. *sigh*
    The AI is pretty much the same

Quote Originally Posted by Merebrand View Post
    Several of my kin members are quitting/thinking of quitting. I too am considering changing game to one with more/better endgame raiding, despite the fact I love Lord of the Rings (one of the few reasons I am still here at the moment). We still manage to get raids most days - ironically for Orthanc and Ost Dunhoth/Barad Guldur as opposed to these trash Erebor raids - only Flight Challenge mode remains to be completed for my kin and interest in attempting it is incredibly low.

I very highly doubt I will pre-order, or even buy, Helm's Deep. RoR sucked out the rest of my hope for any significant attention being paid to raiders and also ruined PvP from my point of view (as a primarily solo PvPer) by making it a zergfest. If the proposed U11 change to KB deeds goes through then I do not think I will play for long after U11, let alone Helm's Deep.
    This about sums it up.

Sad and disappointed about the state of raiding and the complete disregard it seems to get from Turbine.

Gilrain is not the biggest raiding server by any stretch, but a kin that managed to get server firsts on Gortheron and Saruman now struggles to get enough interest for an Erebor raid night. Ironically people seem more interested in completing the left-over Ivar champions deed from OD than bothering with Flight T2C.

Not expecting anything from Helm's Deep - likely Hytbold mark 2, probably for the first time I won't pre-order and may not even buy the x-pac

/rant: overly easy 3- and 6-man content does't help, and the insanely low and frustrating drop mechanics for gold items (recipes and class items) mean it is not worth bothering about them for char progression. Besides you might as well faceroll T1 for those as opposed to trying harder stuff. Therefore no real incentive to do . . . well anything.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/23221000000031139/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by MessyR View Post
    Mere pretty much said it all for myself. The games going downhill quickly.

Ill probably quit and play GW2 or ESO.
    None of these games offers raids.. and gw2 doesn't even offer good PvE. I did play GW2 and stopped after hitting max lvl because the endgame was so underwhelming if you don't play PvP or WvW(which had an endless waiting time until you came even in). I guess you will have to choose rift or something to get your satisfaction.
    [b][color=orange]Nuviell - MINI 85[/color][/b] //momentan in Rift unterwegs, Shard: Brutmutter
    [b][color=orange]Faenyl - LM 85 || Cay - WRD 85 || Laori - RKP 85 || Soyra - Burg 75[/color][/b]

Quote Originally Posted by Faenyl View Post
    None of these games offers raids..
    Yes GW2 doesn't have 12 man raid but has tons of 5 man dungeons. And all of them are long,complex and challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenyl View Post
    and gw2 doesn't even offer good PvE. I did play GW2 and stopped after hitting max lvl because the endgame was so underwhelming if you don't play PvP or WvW(which had an endless waiting time until you came even in). I guess you will have to choose rift or something to get your satisfaction.
    Well, that's a biased opinion. I have 3 lvl 80's and I (and several friends who played Lotro as well) think PvE is superior. There is no grinding 1k mobs for a virtue or using a skill 1k times for a class trait. There is no lag there. Nearly every area is crowded. Guilds are lively, there guild based events in the game etc. Overall, much better experience.

The lore of GW2 is not Lotr but very detailed and interesting in its own way. Endgame, like the word itself says, starts at endgame. The dungeons are fun and its almost guarenteed that you get a rare loot. There is no outleveling a dungeon. Your level scales to dungeon level.

Sure, if you are used to killing enemies with autoattack in Lotro for years then GW2 might seem very difficult.

And PvP and WvW is very fun. Yeah in prime time of the day it's hard to find a spot in WvW because hundreds are playing it having fun

I think Turbine needs to look at performance issues first (lag,memory leak,) and reduce character logging in and out times. Make a solid working game then think about releasing new content. I mean it gets old fast when it takes 5 min to log in and 1 min to log out. In other games logging in takes 10 seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by DutchEZmoder View Post

So i will probably look for other games.
    This is the sentence that sums up most opinions and answers to the question asked in the thread's title.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2821700000017ce96/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Lvl 85 Hunter - Lvl 85 Champion - L 65 Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Merebrand View Post
    Several of my kin members are quitting/thinking of quitting. I too am considering changing game to one with more/better endgame raiding, despite the fact I love Lord of the Rings (one of the few reasons I am still here at the moment). We still manage to get raids most days - ironically for Orthanc and Ost Dunhoth/Barad Guldur as opposed to these trash Erebor raids - only Flight Challenge mode remains to be completed for my kin and interest in attempting it is incredibly low.

I very highly doubt I will pre-order, or even buy, Helm's Deep. RoR sucked out the rest of my hope for any significant attention being paid to raiders and also ruined PvP from my point of view (as a primarily solo PvPer) by making it a zergfest. If the proposed U11 change to KB deeds goes through then I do not think I will play for long after U11, let alone Helm's Deep.
    Pretty much this for me. I am busy writing my masters dissertation at the moment, but once that is done I'm not sure whether I will continue playing LotRO or find another game. I have little interest in any of the current PvE content, and I don't see that changing for 10-12 months (even then, I don't hold out much hope for raid content on the same level as OD or ToO).
    Eraelin | Redemnus

Quote Originally Posted by Bramor View Post
    To get back to the original question of this thread: I don't know what group I belong to ... raider, soloer, casual, hardcore, roleplayer ....

*puts on tinfoil hat and goes hiding in hobbit-stealth*
    To answer your question: Casual raider.

Which is fine, and is what I am too. However, I am totally in agreement with the hardcore raiders that the game's death nail has been struck. If you ignore the premise that all players are equal and should have the same access to the same loot (which is totally crazy in all the history of MMOs), all you are left with is an issue of missing content for a very important part of the community. Everyone you described above, except hardcore, has tons of content available right now. There is no reason not to also have super-hard content with super-good rewards. It in no way removes the content that is already there from all the other types of players. But without it, you will lose a key player-type. And I tend to believe that without those "leaders" of the community, the game will slowly drift away into the mists.

In a culture where "special" actually means disabled, and "elite" somehow became a negative adjective, I am hardly surprised this is the way most games are going.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001d66e0/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I've basically quit. Much of Infamy's core group has quit too. Some of the guys are hanging on and raiding or running 6mans on raid nights, and sometime I'll come in to that. The idea of the Smaug raid never excited me too much, though I guess leading a handful of T2nC was nice. FLM, while we haven't gotten it, is a total turn-off to me. BfE T2, now that's a good lair raid; I still wanna do T2C, but too many folks are uninterested in the kin.

I'll check out the class changes come HD, but I anticipate a dumbed-down mess.

• I bought a 3DS and am playing Monster Hunter and Fire Emblem.
    • Several Infamy guys including myself started playing Planetside 2, then stopped a few weeks later.
    • I'll play ESO when it comes out, raid or not. Frankly, I enjoy the lore of the ES world better than that of LotR. Braced for disappointment though.
    • I'm sorta interested in Rift, but the combat looks like it lacks the skill cooldown management LotRO has, from my very short free-weekend look at Rift.
    • Maybe some of the guys will play some Payday and L4D to pass the time. We did before earlier this year while waiting for U10.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000363f98/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rechart, Warden
    [url="http://platemetaljacket.blogspot.com/"]Plate Metal Jacket[/url]

[QUOTE=Wilksie;6770970
    Most good raiding kinships will have completed and got bored of Flight T2, Erebor T2 and Smaug T2C with the top kins also having done Erebor T2C. Once done once or twice they hold little replayability. The other scaled raids hold little interest too. Maybe when they sort Flight Challenge out there might be something to do for a couple of nights but most likely it will go the other way and be too easy.[/QUOTE]

You answered it: Flight T2C, BfE T2C, go back to ToO T2. Finishing OD and BG for the new members. Plus as deed completion filled up RAID slots and market prices for gems went low, now RAIDs are rarer and gems prices skyrocketed, so when a kin member gets a gold recipe the group can help farm the gems.

Also, unless people are in exploiting instance bugs, its a pretty big grind to collect all 3 greater erebor sets seals. Kins can also go back to moors as new items for Ranks 10 and 13 will be available in U11. I am not sure if Turbine gave greater drop chance for gold class items in RAIDs, but if so, OD and BfE are fast RAIDs for golden items farmers.

Its a game, its supposed to be fun. Try use 2 cappy tanks in BfE T2C. Or try flight without LMs. Or with 4 Lms

The group I regularly raid with will probably continue to do exactly what we are doing now: farm T2 BfE until the last two people in our group get their 1A symbol drop (we share them in a ladder-like fashion). We are in the middle of a large dry spell at the moment so this feels like it could last a few more months.

In the summertime, I and others in the group will doubtless be spending more time outdoors with our families.

Then in the fall, I have a feeling we will all be doing the same scaleable raids we are doing now, except scaled to 95 instead of 85.
    Townsperson says, "I'm having an adventure. I've paddled all the way from Frogmorton!"

I plan to look at pictures.

I decided to use my limited budget to pay for something delivered in... 2014-2015 instead. I wonder why. As for next 6 months...

Designed as solo, not soloified while chasing easier buck. Ironically, each of these will probably take longer than "solo content" of RoR, and perhaps HD as well. And if dated stuff is not enough, there's always >100h of non-repeatable gameplay right after those 6 months:

...What exactly Wildermore or HD could offer in comparison?

More than 30h of non-repeatable, challenging content? Yeah, right.
    Chat and other "social tools"? No, thanks.
    Dailies, fueling another detached mechanics with Magical Tokens? ...
    Tolkien lore? I can read.

Content-driven interaction with 5 or 11 people at once and PvMP? Hey, that actually sounds good! Oh, wait...
    Last edited by Ferthcott; May 03 2013 at 04:00 PM.

Already on a bit of a hiatus at the moment. Already completed the completable content, and I simply can't stand any more gold item grinding.

Will probably come back with U11, finish Flight T2C for the sake of completion, and do Wildermore because I enjoy that kind of landscape content (and it's free).

Beyond that probably an even longer/indefinite hiatus, especially if Helm's Deep is going to be as lacking as I predict.
    Beastwise - Captain, R15 | Shock and Awe | Gladden

1. Attempt to complete BFE T2C and Flight T2C (If we ever have enough players around,interested, and reasonably geared)
    2. Attempt to round up enough players to PUG Flight T2, and BFE T2. (Riddermark's community is smallish!-We have 3 kins who've completed T2 Flight legitimately. One of those groups, has only done it once to my knowledge. It has not been pugged.)
    3. If I find myself failing to get enough players? Probably dip into GW2's group content, that I've yet to touch any of despite hitting 80, where I'm not stuck on any one-server looking for players.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Something else, lol.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000008bdab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

I have fun with Tera and Swtor atm.
    Tried to log in lotro last night to do some festivals quests. Saw a long downloading patch getting in the way. Did not bother.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2821700000017ce96/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Lvl 85 Hunter - Lvl 85 Champion - L 65 Captain

I'll log in just to mess around in the moors and talk to kinnies. I might work through U11 on one of my toons but not all six. Maybe we will have enough members on around update time to do a couple raids. This time last year we would have a full page of level capped officers. Most of the good raiders in our kin are burnt out, due to lack of challenging content. We have all migrated to the moors but that wont last long. Really most of us are waiting for Elder Scrolls and most likely our kin will fade away. Its really a shame I wanted to see everything through to the end but there's just no reason to keep subbing and buying expansions.

I started a swtor f2p account. The most recent loot system in lotro turned me off combined with 0.01% incentive to raid t2c. I still log into lotro at raid time to see if there is a raid happening. That is about it. Less n less time on lotro. If Lotro merged servers I'd be game to spend more time PvPing again. PvP was my end-game in SoA, Moria, Mirkwood, and Isengard. Not so much anymore. Not near enough 'round the clock action.

Well I only played the game because of my kinmates for the last few months tbh but the kin technically disbanded due to the lack of content. I recently picked up rift and may return to Swtor or even WoW if Rift doesn't turn out to be decent.

I've beaten t2 with pugs before doing with a kingroup because the interest in this raidcluster is so low we have only managed to get 12man together once, which is super disappointing. However I suspect Turbine is happy if all multiplayer-interested player leave the game so they can finally ignore groupcontent completely.

I would really love to get at least some little feedback from Turbine but I guess I won't live to see the day they finally become honest with their playerbase once.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/272180000001064cc/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Rift is a lot of fun; I've been having a great time there. I'm slowly coming to grips with the fact that this change might last for a lot longer than 6 months.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000010f3c4/01007/signature.png]Daschande[/charsig]

Chanus - "MMO forums are mostly for whining, with the occasional sprinkle of an actually rational and intelligent poster offering a decent suggestion."

Runescape lately...... will probably stick to it the new graphics upgrades look awesome. And content to last me ANOTHER couple of years.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast