We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    I really don't know what will happen.
    Raiding has declined on Morthond since OD at lvl 65.
    My kin had to pug with 2 other kins to complete the T2 Erebor raids. This worked for a couple of weeks but now everyone is back at grinding stuff....

After they patched T1 Erebor we had around 2 weeks were even decent pugs were running T2 and were looking on glff for people to join. Now people (after getting the T2 deed for their main) are equiping their alts.

So we are back to a situation:
    - They run Sambrog for seals
    - They are back at running BfE T1 to farm the gold necklace and Mooncandles and the rest of the barter stuff....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So for me:
    I have even started a Burg alt, but I just reached lvl 50 and my motivation is going to 0 (having in mind all the grind ahead of me, hytbold, wildemore rep etc....)
    I have tried Rift back end of last year when we left swtor for good (before it went f2p) but we really did not like it to much. For me it was to much of WoW. Funny enough we went onto WoW for the first time ever and leveld up to lvl 45 just doing instance finder.... This was fun but all this leveling and the comunity of WoW really put us off...

I would love a game, where I could just log in at max level and start raiding :O unfortunatly there is no such game.
    I will grind my 2 Mains now starting today through wildermore. Once thats done I will probably go back to swtor...
    I thought there would be nothing worse than EA, but atleast their Endgame (Pve & Pvp) is not as grindi as this. The raids are still in good shape. But knowing EA, this will last for another year maybe and we are in the same situation as here..
    Last edited by Lebouwski; May 13 2013 at 02:56 AM.
    Beloril Bembelbruder - Dwarf Guardian
    Lebouwski - Dwarf Runekeeper
    [DE]Morthond

Trion took their chance and open RIFT f2p starting June 12.

Yeah heard that last night aswell. Don't know. For me this is an indication that they will take the same route as other p2p games. I don't know much about rift, but I assume going a year ahead raiding content will start to decline, this is just the nature of opening a game like this to a wider public. (Same thing what happend to lotro)

I bet come blizzcon WoW might even take the same step.
    [DE]Morthond

Seems like many raiders left during the Isengard mucked up raids - and yet I'm now looking back at that cluster with a bit of regret that we haven't the same again. It was the bugs and the lack of testing whether it had been scaled correctly for challenge mode which were the issues. The fights themselves, well maybe not the space bar pounding acid wing, were interesting. Rohan has been rubbish. Instances exceptionally late to come out, scaled older instances which hold little interest for most who've raided, and beaten, them before and now a very, very long stretch without anything new.

Not sure what I'll do. Took a break over Christmas because the prospect of running through Dol Gulder again was just a little underwhelming. Currently mustering up the will and desire to at least get the remaining two challenge modes of this cluster. Will wait til the new expansion is out before buying - if it's session play and similar to Hyboldt, I'll have to question whether I have any desire to repeat the Rohan experience. Maybe the game is now heading in a different direction to the one I want to play? I have the feeling that if I move on to another MMORPG, I won't be back beyond logging in to say 'hi' to those who haven't moved onto something else too.

Shame. But the lack of endgame raid content which you want to repeat can't be replaced for me by incessant grind of underchallenging content. Have a feeling that the Noldor (and good luck to them in Rift!) may not be the last to move as a group to something else unless something radical changes with the endgame content provided. As it stands, there's near universal apathy building up towards what's there right now amongst those I know in game - whether that's from sheer boredom of rehashed content or just the total lack of any gearing incentive beyond 'be lucky for a gold drop'.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebouwski View Post
    Yeah heard that last night aswell. Don't know. For me this is an indication that they will take the same route as other p2p games. I don't know much about rift, but I assume going a year ahead raiding content will start to decline, this is just the nature of opening a game like this to a wider public. (Same thing what happend to lotro)
    I may just be drinking the cool-aid but the player base in RIFT appears to be much more instance/raid focused than the overall player base of LoTRO. The Developers also seem very much committed to end-game in a way you've really never seen from LoTRO.

I hear you though. There could be pressures if FTP brings a very "casual" crowd. It's purely anecdotal, but I've been reading a lot of responses to the announcement on the MMO news sites, and a lot of people seem interested in trying RIFT now that it is FTP. The more interesting thing is that they make comments like, "I've heard it's a good game, and wanted to try but didn't want to pay for another sub while raiding in WoW." It's possible that FTP will pull an end-game segment from other games rather than a casual segment.

Ultimately, MMOs really shouldn't try to be "all things to all people." There really needs to be a game that targets the "raiding crowd" much more specifically while another game is really good at offering a service to the casual crowd. There just aren't enough of us to support raiding in every game, but I suspect there are enough of us to support A game. I wish that LoTRO were it, but the writing is on the wall. It's not. Maybe it will be RIFT- maybe not.

It does feel like WoW is finally going to roll. That will be very good for every other MMO. Having one so dominate player hasn't been good for the MMO segment.
    Adaaon (Minstrel), Gwydionn (Hunter), Tarrann (Burglar)
    [url]http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com[/url]

Neverwinter is in beta and f2p, and I've been trying that. So far I like it, and they look like they'll have end game. Going to probably try Rift as well, but especially after the latest broken questline debacle this week gating us from even working toons in the new area it's discouraging what is happening to my lotro. Looking for my gaming options now is my course of action.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Quote Originally Posted by bastiat1 View Post
    Ultimately, MMOs really shouldn't try to be "all things to all people." There really needs to be a game that targets the "raiding crowd" much more specifically while another game is really good at offering a service to the casual crowd.
    Only problem with that is, setting, the look of the game, the combat mechanics, etc all matter quite a lot. I'm not gonna raid just to raid. I have to like the game as well. I liked Rift well enough but found it's lore to be very uninspired. Gameplay was fun enough, but back then I was still fairly into Lotro and couldn't justify paying for a subscription to Rift.

I'll definitely be heading back though. Will I try to seek out a more serious endgame group? I dunno. I know I'll sorta want to as I like blinging toons out and tackling tough content, but another part of me is starting to think it's not quite worth all the effort. I also really don't feel like having to find another group of people to play with. It's really quite hard when you know exactly what you want.. plus the serious groups tend to be very hard to get into.
    [url]http://wanderingthroughdigitalworlds.wordpress.com/[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Lebouwski View Post

I bet come blizzcon WoW might even take the same step.
    Well at least it gives use something to do in... well lets say a year or more before the game go to the point like LOTRO right now. But imo, LOTRO has a "deep world". It's base on a deep, wide world with all the history and story line which is 80% or more players has known. If players dont wanna raid, they can still enjoys the game, playing roleplay, be a part of the story they dream of, meet a character they favour in the books... RIFT cant do that. It have to focus on raid and dungeon to keep people playing. How many gamer in RIFT read the whole background story or every quest in the game? In the worst case, i hope there will be some other games coming later.

I may just be drinking the cool-aid but the player base in RIFT appears to be much more instance/raid focused than the overall player base of LoTRO. The Developers also seem very much committed to end-game in a way you've really never seen from LoTRO.

I hear you though. There could be pressures if FTP brings a very "casual" crowd. It's purely anecdotal, but I've been reading a lot of responses to the announcement on the MMO news sites, and a lot of people seem interested in trying RIFT now that it is FTP. The more interesting thing is that they make comments like, "I've heard it's a good game, and wanted to try but didn't want to pay for another sub while raiding in WoW." It's possible that FTP will pull an end-game segment from other games rather than a casual segment.

Ultimately, MMOs really shouldn't try to be "all things to all people." There really needs to be a game that targets the "raiding crowd" much more specifically while another game is really good at offering a service to the casual crowd. There just aren't enough of us to support raiding in every game, but I suspect there are enough of us to support A game. I wish that LoTRO were it, but the writing is on the wall. It's not. Maybe it will be RIFT- maybe not.

It does feel like WoW is finally going to roll. That will be very good for every other MMO. Having one so dominate player hasn't been good for the MMO segment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiritier View Post
    Well at least it gives use something to do in... well lets say a year or more before the game go to the point like LOTRO right now. But imo, LOTRO has a "deep world". It's base on a deep, wide world with all the history and story line which is 80% or more players has known. If players dont wanna raid, they can still enjoys the game, playing roleplay, be a part of the story they dream of, meet a character they favour in the books... RIFT cant do that. It have to focus on raid and dungeon to keep people playing. How many gamer in RIFT read the whole background story or every quest in the game? In the worst case, i hope there will be some other games coming later.
    I agree with both of you. I will try Rift myself, especially after the last couple of days. My guard was unplayable due to the nice bug where 1 of my skills bugged out 99% of the players around myself. So I havent logged in since Monday after the patch and not really motivated after talking to some friends and they told me that they couldn't even finish 2/3 of the new quests. As it stands right now, I will have another 4 Month to finish the grind in the new zone so June cant come soon enough for me to try rift again.
    Let`s just hope that rift will be the f2p to cater for the raiders. However I still beleive that it will become more casual as time progresses. F2p games make a living out of the casuals and not the raiders as we all know.
    [DE]Morthond

Well, this thread has officially made me sad.

Honestly, I'm still in this game because: 1. I absolutely love middle earth, 2. my friends and kin, 3. I still have some hope. But as many others, I've already seen many great players leave and it's getting harder to fill runs and find players that want to beat content and not just exploit / farm.

I will not be pre ordering the next expansion; some might say that this is counterproductive but at this point, I think it's safe to wait and see if it's worth it.

As for what I'm going to be doing the next 6 months, well... no idea. I've been dragging my feet through Wildermore and been having some fun soloing 85 instances on my Lore Master (at 85) for a challenge -I did Sword Halls and Fornost Water today-

Trying other games is hard for me, since this is the only game I've ever played and committed to, but Rift sounds tempting for the sole reason that so many of my friends took off to that game. Alas, we'll see...

For those trying out RIFT consider rolling on the Wolfsbane server. A bunch of guys from Noldor are leveling up there and if you see us around say "hello". I suspect anyone reading threads in this forum will find the leveling grind just as boring as LoTROs, but we are looking forward to end-game and getting back to a game that values raiding.
    Noted :P
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qXkuC35.jpg?1[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [COLOR="#00cc99"][B][CENTER]And then, forever remains that change from G to E minor.[/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    Neverwinter is in beta and f2p, and I've been trying that. So far I like it, and they look like they'll have end game. Going to probably try Rift as well, but especially after the latest broken questline debacle this week gating us from even working toons in the new area it's discouraging what is happening to my lotro. Looking for my gaming options now is my course of action.
    There's a lot of endgame content currently in Neverwinter, but quite a few people just roll the couple of faceroll instances a lot (because of 1) a lot of the rest is overtuned and 2) there was a massive billion damage+ bug that enabled a few people to farm the super hard stuff already (waiting on bans for them ). There are some somewhat challenging, not overtuned (overtuned = requiring seriously uneven class balance and hours on one boss) instances in the game too but it's hard to tell how challenging they are because the community has so many terrible players. If you go, go with a group of 6-10 people at once (who plan to raid). PVP is a lot of fun though, which is weird because there are two maps, seriously overpowered aspects of some classes and not much content - mainly combat is fun. I guess I can recommend the game because it's free, but the community blows rotten chunks and seems to be the worst of the worse from warcraft.... but they may get bored and go away soon.

This thread's made me sad too, because I came to check back on the instance cluster and it came and went already and logging in game I saw one Sambrog run per few hours and that's it.

Lotro's always had a lot of people come and go and come back repeatedly, but this thread makes it sound more serious than the last five or six times :/ Hmmm.
    Last edited by rhegan; May 16 2013 at 07:45 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001a286c/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Under a bridge behind a rock inside a cave. Don't let the dank out!
    Complain

/thread
    My Cat's breath smells like cat food

Quote Originally Posted by Elemiire View Post
    Well, this thread has officially made me sad.
    Same here...

I've been watching this thread for a while now. And while I too think the current endgame might not be up to the Standards we've seen at 75/65/60/50, I don't think it's that bad. And I also understand why it's this way. We got Mounted Combat and Hytbold, and whatever anyone's feelings is about them, one must understand that such content does not develop itself. So resources was taken from the raid-developing.

Now, what I can agree on is that Helms Deep will need some serious raiding action. If the "start at level 10 to defend HD" thingy is Hytbold 2.0, as I suspect it will be, this will be existing technology implemented, and should not require more work than normal landscape content, now that the "Hytbold-tech" already exists. This means that the raiding resources will once again be back at work where they should be.

If Helms Deep does not come with good endgame, the last of the raiders will leave the game, that's not speculation, that's a fact.

As for the OP's question. I still need FTLM T2C, and BfE T2C, I'm not in a raiding kin, so I can only tag along other kins and pugs to do it. But need might not be the right word.. I never needed any of the Orthanc wings on T2C, or any of the OD wings on T2C. But it's fun to try, and even more fun if you succeed...
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8C8nLy2okg[/url] Saruman 6-man
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj4h-CF9log[/url] Warden Survival
    [url]http://tftgb.wordpress.com/[/url]

I've also been following this thread from the outskirts, and it's quite disheartening to see what's happening to the endgame/grouping side of LotRO.

While I am by no means a dedicated (T2/T2C-type) raider, I do enjoy being able to tackle challenging group content on a regular basis. My kinship is mostly made up of so-called "casual" players, but we've been getting groups together recently to introduce people to OD and ToO, with the end goal of taking them down on T2. Most of us love a challenge, and we've been having a lot of fun in kin raids. So I'm obviously sad to hear that the days of fun, challenging and rewarding raids in LotRO are coming to an end just as we're starting to dip our feet into this aspect of the game.

I guess, being a "casual" player to begin with, I could always go back to that playstyle if worst comes to worst and Turbine doesn't give us more new, *quality* group content. But I still hold out hope that Helm's Deep will bring something new to the table for all of us to take a bite out of. *crosses fingers*
    [center]LANDROVAL: Anarwald, Hunter - Rank 7 ~ Dwinobald, Burglar - Rank 7
    [color=red]Anoarnakh - Rank 7 - Pouncing Pwny[/color]
    (Retired -- currently playing Real Life)[/center]

Hmmm lets see...
    Most likely another 6 months without any new content whatsoever, then class revamp and HD release which seems to be more in favour of new lvl 10 steam-users via f2p, than raiders/pvpers. The only thing we know is that there wont be a new raid with HD-release and IF(!!!) we get a new raid at some point, i wont be surprised to see more scaled half-hearted created garbage coming up. Not even to talk about more mounted combat lagging and rubberbanding followed by a massive messup with the class revamp.

The only thing what keeps me playing atm are my kinmates and some action in the moors every now and then. Most of the people i have played with during the past 2 and a half years have already left or are thinking about it, ESO looks pretty good to me from what ive seen so far....

Kinda sad to see that everything that matters to WB/Turbine is making some fast money, rather than creating a game that is actually fun to play.
    ---------------------------------------------- Ledrogama cpt R9, Morrix mini R11, 6 other toons lvl 85 R5-R7 ------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Proud Officer of Doombiscuits -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Rift is where all the raiders I knew left for after they found out the IC would not be released until January. Well that turned into March. Many were already gone at that point. Some left for GW2. Some went back to WOW. Some cam e back for a week or a couple of days as Freemium but none stayed any longer. When they were treated to the new loot sytem it was all she wrote for those player. Our kin leader has recently been trying to get us into t2 raids. But the reward for finishing one is laugh worthy. Whats the point in getting greater erebor armor anyways? If a group can complete t2 or t2c with 2nd age items and Hytbold gear what's the point?

I usually take breaks from the launch of an expansion till the instance cluster is released. In an ideal world the IC would be with the expansion but the customer base has already shown that its acceptable for it to be released whenever Turbine likes. While I was happy they scaled content just because I dislike running the same 1 or two instances, I am disappointed in the result. Sambrog/Annu farms non stop... and what is 95 going to be like? The same post-launch skirm grind except this time instances scaled for lvl 95 gold item grinding?

IF they were smart, they would build some sort of frequency mechanic into the Instance Finder, increasing drop rates on a players less run instances to provide incentive to try different content.

In terms of instances, I'd like to see a tough raid, one main boss, 4 optional bosses. Each optional boss would add a mechanic to the main fight, challenge would either be kill all four or leave all 4 alive, etc. Just something different from the Wing/Lair format. I just hope it will be more entertaining that the last cluster, which was a huge flop IMO.
    Creeps: Fissure R-12
    Freeps: Presdas R-9, Arcteus R9, Dainsleif-1 R4

Quote Originally Posted by Wilksie View Post
    I'm aiming this thread mainly toward raiders.
    Playing RIFT instead. Just getting into raiding the tons of great instances. Having time of my life. Why couldn't Turbine do half of this in Lotro?
    I've stuck with Lotro for 6 years and feel like I've wasted the last 2 of it now.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000b1e1a/signature.png]Kangas[/charsig]
    [URL="http://helmsdeep.guildportal.com"]Helm's Deep[/URL] Kangas-Captain Kangdoom-Champ Furtive-Burg Wildlife-Hunter

I'm terribly sad to acknowledge this, but LOTRO has transformed into a grindcore festival with a tendency to become a good alternative to partypoker.com

I have regretted spending my money on buying Rohan expansion. The Erebor instances seem to be a major fail. Mounted combat mechanics feel like I'm driving a WW1 tank. Quests are repetitive and boring, NPC look and feel dumber than ever, cloned and totally flat story-wise. Immersion in the game has suffered immensely. I can't even feel like I'm in Middle-Earth anymore. All the pop-up trash and flashy gadgets seem to add up with every update, and I genuinely feel like I need anti-banner tool for this game. Also, with the recent opening of New Yorker fashion shop in what once was known as Bree, I've been avoiding that town like plague.

Festivals bring a feeling of Middle-Earth actually being a happy and safest place in the galaxy. They are endless and incessant.

After all the mess Turbine brought to tihs game, all I know is that if Frodo had Mithril Coins, he would've bought Sauron's &&& off.

Since my server is one of the servers which were launched with F2P, I decided to start a small "Shadows of Angmar Revival" for people (like myself) who never experienced the days when Rift and Helegrod were played at level cap 50. That's actually funnier than grinding warbands or Erebor instances.^^
    Yes I know RK and Warden is not 100% old school, but still, it brings a lot of fun
    Last edited by Eruadarion; Jun 04 2013 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruadarion View Post
    Since my server is one of the servers which were launched with F2P, I decided to start a small "Shadows of Angmar Revival" for people (like myself) who never experienced the days when Rift and Helegrod were played at level cap 50. That's actually funnier than grinding warbands or Erebor instances.^^
    Yes I know RK and Warden is not 100% old school, but still, it brings a lot of fun
    What are you defining as instance OP items? Just the class golds, or are you disallowing all scaling instance drops?
    Last edited by Crell_1; Jun 04 2013 at 01:17 PM.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    What are you defining as instance OP items? Just the class golds, or are you disallowing all scaling instance drops?
    All scaling instance drops are not allowed. Teal scaled items have up to +70 of a certain stat. This is far to much in my opinion for a level 50 item.

Also Hobbit-Presents armour and bound-lootbox jewelary is too op imho...

spank the dummies until they die
    argio r11 burglar | trytofarmme r10 reaver | trytoloveme r10 spider | ikissedafreep r10 blackarrow | roargh r9 warleader | trytocatchme r9 warg |

The kin I am in has been around since beta. Seen our ups and downs. Lost some after Mirkwood. Lost many raiders after RoI. We got thru most of RoR in 3 months time or so due to the weak raids presented.

Since then (pre U11 even), what used to be 40+ folks online grouping up at any given time has turned into 5 or so alts doing crafting. The loot system drove most away.

What are we doing for the next few months? Enjoying the outdoors and/or our families a bit more, plinking a bit in other MMOs, and waiting for ESO.

HD will have to be an INCREDIBLE expansion (and include some REAL raids and group content) to get us back playing, let alone dropping cash here again.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5