We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Killing Blows, Now Another Meaningless Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    The following release notes are for the Bullroarer public test server only and may not reflect the final list of changes or updates included at release.
    These notes are not final

Monsterplay
    • Quests and Deeds that require the defeat of Players or Monster Players will now advance for all contributors, not just the player who dealt the final blow.
    disscuss.

I for one am not a happy camper.
    [center][color=red][size=3][color=gold]~[/color]Ittybitty, Reaver[color=gold]~[/color][/size]
    [size=1]Sexylegs, Rank [color=cyan]8[/color] Spider[/size]
    [size=1]Vic, Rank [color=cyan]7[/color] Defiler[/size][/color][/center]

This upsets me very much . Just another blow to ruining pvp .
    ( R13 LM Savvii Arkenstone )( R13 Defiler Ghankstar Landroval )

Those who are unaware they are walking in darkness will never seek the light - Bruce Lee

/sigh
    [URL=http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/GoDFa7h3r/media/rsz_screenshot000201_zps322d3f9a.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb347/GoDFa7h3r/rsz_screenshot000201_zps322d3f9a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Burzan aka Trompok(BW) - R14 Reaver
    Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!

Too many people complained getting kbs is too hard while zerging probably

this change doesn't really make me want to finish slayer of light anymore

Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

really... really. worst change ever. for quests who cares but deeds should remain unchanged. this means zerg babies will get all the cool titles before the people who deserve them
    R8 RK, R8 champ, R7 burg, R8 warden. R13 warg, R10 spider, R9 reaver, R8 Warleader R6 BA

There arent many classes who struggle with KB's more than Cappies (maybe only a defiler) and I will freely admit that I would rather group in the moors than run around solo, chasing whomever clear across the map before i can get a slow on them, but I absolutely hate the idea of having the whole group get a KB.....

I have 1900 and change KB's and I am proud to get any of them, especially when its on a ranged battle shout HaHa! I also think i have somewhere around 30 thousand kills....That's plenty good for me

This is just turbines lame brain attempt to make everyone equal. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!

Iriddian

Quests = YES
    Deeds = NO NO NO!!!

Welden
    Welden of Elendilmir

I agree with Iriddian's post. All 15 of my WL's KBs were memorably made; having to work for them made them all the more significant to me. Tbh, those slayer deeds seem to have just depreciated in value now that all I have to do is auto-attack once and magically get KB credit for the kill.

A badly thought out idea imo.
    Last edited by MasterHobbit; May 01 2013 at 05:34 PM.
    "The strength of the pack is the wolf; the strength of the wolf is the pack"
    -Motto, U.S 3rd Light Armored Recon Battalion
    Leftenant Arkantor: Oblivion Awaits

no thought put into this at all.

Another reason for people to stay in raids even when there is nothing out to fight.

Seems like a lot of these changes are made so everyone can get their deeds done before this game dies. With more and more changes like this the death date of this game is rapidly approaching.
    Merlinros - Brandywine
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pDdg8Ha0A[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Hoges View Post
    no thought put into this at all.

Another reason for people to stay in raids even when there is nothing out to fight.

Seems like a lot of these changes are made so everyone can get their deeds done before this game dies. With more and more changes like this the death date of this game is rapidly approaching.
    Like I said.....Elder Scrolls Online should be a huge wake-up call to LOTRO to get their acts together. Instead, they take yet another step backwards.... unbelievable...

Someone please FIRE someone!!!!!
    Last edited by Isdring; May 03 2013 at 09:53 PM.
    Ellouhollia - R13 - Hunter (BW) | Ellou - R10 - Guardian (BW) | Slye - R10 - Burglar (CH) | Borialys - R8 - Minstrel (BW)
    Freepstalker - R8 - Stalker (CH) | Freepstalker - R7 - Stalker (BW) | Allwrong - R7 - Warleader (BW)

Weak. They're taking out anything and everything that can be seen as an individual achievement.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000076398/signature.png]Arachnophobia[/charsig]
    "CHEAP EXPLOITING GOATRIDING FREEP ZERGLINGS" -Purebloodnakh™

One step closer to delete the Ettenmoors.
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

Essie - Tr.

Unreal...I've managed to roll with the changes so far, but this is the dumbest change I've seen so far. Hey Crick counsel members that read this...please let the devs know this is not a good change.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000023a6b/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

If everyone gets a killing blow, then that defeats the whole idea of killing blow. You can't die more than once at a time so you can't have more than one person get the killing blow. So now people will just stay in raids or gold tag by hitting something a couple of times. And what about deaths by NPCs? Are those going to count as killing blows too? Turbine, you're really starting to mess things up a lot. Please get your act together and make this game better so your *paying* customers can enjoy it more. People won't pay for &&&& and that is what this game is quickly becoming. So unless you want this game to die you have to make it fun. Don't get rid of things that inspire individual achievement like the leader boards, killing blows, and all the changes to PvE with Update 10. People rank way too fast now.

Everyone should post into the BR forums,maybe they`ll wake up and get their &&&& together.
    [URL=http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/GoDFa7h3r/media/rsz_screenshot000201_zps322d3f9a.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb347/GoDFa7h3r/rsz_screenshot000201_zps322d3f9a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Burzan aka Trompok(BW) - R14 Reaver
    Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!

Quote Originally Posted by 1nTruDeR View Post
    Everyone should post into the BR forums,maybe they`ll wake up and get their &&&& together.
    Good point Burz...

Here's a take on this:

- The moors was forever changed for the worse with the introduction of infamy/renown for questing.
    - Everything that has happened since then is about making it easier for the masses to get the wow-factor feeling by ranking to R4 the first couple times they raid (it used to take 3-6 months to get R4).
    - Besides trying to make moors easier for noobs, they also decided that rather than fix a core issue (farming), they are just going to make farming irrelevant. In doing so, they remove the only reward system every PvP player in every PvP capable game cares about - leaderboards and KB related titles.
    - Furthermore, how dare someone make available statistics that might expose LOTRO weaknesses (Black Appendage), so the eff the devoted community that's done it's best to bolster PvMP weaknesses....we don't want people analyzing out eff-ups.
    - Why? Because one person has way too much power on these matters, has completely jacked it up with horrific strategies to bring more people to the moors, is most clearly and utterly not into PvP and completely detached from the PvP community, and now wants to sweep it under the carpet. I've already been slammed for slamming this person, so I let you all guess who I am talking about. He needs to NOT be involved with PvP - period.

Anyway - this is another death rattle for LOTRO PvP. I am getting my ESO on, dl'd Skyrim last night to get back into the bethesda groove.

See yall in ESO...ima bang out R13 on Ell just cuz, then ima recruit my kinnies to come with me.

Thanks Sa----ce you freakin rock dude.

Good Hunting,

Ell
    Ellouhollia - R13 - Hunter (BW) | Ellou - R10 - Guardian (BW) | Slye - R10 - Burglar (CH) | Borialys - R8 - Minstrel (BW)
    Freepstalker - R8 - Stalker (CH) | Freepstalker - R7 - Stalker (BW) | Allwrong - R7 - Warleader (BW)

LMAO they just killed the other thread in this forum. That's good - someone is reading them from LOTRO was at least offended enough to take action. Progress...

There's a lot of bugs to fix and thousand things that could be improved ...
    Let's put our money into the unimportant stuff first!
    Ishlan R13 WL
    Nalshi R11 Rvr, Ishnal R9 Spider, Shilan R9 Defiler, (+2)
    Blato (Mini), Ishlun (Capt), Shilan (Ward), (+5)

this whole idea of giving kb's to everyone makes me want to vomit....

Iriddian

I am dumb but does this mean that now Kills = KBs? And can be used to progress deeds?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140100000d2c8c/signature.png]Bobinhood[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Bobotak View Post
    I am dumb but does this mean that now Kills = KBs? And can be used to progress deeds?
    Apparently it does. I mean, I wasn't too happy about not getting kb-s while healing (on cappie or rk), but... &&& is this sh**? This effectively kills a lot of sense of accmplishment in the moors, and with farming, there isn't much of that left anyways. With this change and the death of leaderboards... might as well just close up ettenmoors?

So when's ESO coming out? I anticipate getting a new laptop by the end of summer...
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpon View Post
    Killing Blows, Now Another Meaningless Thing.
    It always was, just some people thought this stat meant anything when in fact it says nothing about the player since a you can get a KB simply with one hit with others doing all the real damage.

Some people seem to think it shows some sort of 1v1 prowess .. some people in history used to think the world was flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin_Eldar View Post
    It always was, just some people thought this stat meant anything when in fact it says nothing about the player since a you can get a KB simply with one hit with others doing all the real damage.

Some people seem to think it shows some sort of 1v1 prowess .. some people in history used to think the world was flat.
    KB's are a fun stat. No one in thread has said anything but that. The people that find them the most fun are the people with very few of them. Even playing a spider Ii enjoyed cursing my pet for stealing my KBs.

Games are supposed to be fun, lotro pvp is quickly becoming anything but that.
    Merlinros - Brandywine
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pDdg8Ha0A[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin_Eldar View Post

If it's a meaningless stat then why take it away from ones who care if you clearly do not? Is there pleasure in seeing other people being driven away from the game?

Lotro PVP Videos l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

Wink

LotRO was never a PvP friendly MMO, Turbine is making changes to that - it is something that has not happened in a long, long time. Changes are good and required to evolve, even if they're bad at least there is something being updated. I don't know why some of you feel so strongly about these changes... I'm sure it ruins your virtual world but this should not deter you from having fun playing the game - geez. Besides, the only people that post on this servers PvP forum are the same 15-20 players (and a few Trolls). There is not enough trash talk for good old fun, where have those days gone? How sad. Now, can some of you turn your energy towards the farmers out there - this might affect their crops and harvest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast