We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
    I can see how this played out at the Turbine headquarters...
    William: "Bert, I'm so sick of mutton." Tom: "Mutton every day . Bert: "I'm sick of mutton what other stupid &&&& can we do?" William: "I've got a great idea, let's give kb's to every moron in the moors." Bert: "I'm so sick of mutton, but my paychecks from Turbine rock." Tom: "Can you believe they pay us to develop a game we don't even play and have NO clue what the players really want?!" William/Bert/Tom: LET'S IGNORE THE HUGE OUTCRY (AND THE SUN/DROPPED SUBSCRIPTIONS) AND DO THIS ANYWAY!!!

REPOSTED after being deleted and warned for my "use of profanity". Apparently profanity is a VERY loose term at the old Turbine headquarters. Maybe this time it'll just get deleted because being compared to almost mindless drooling trolls hits too close to home. When my VIP expires it will NOT be renewed. You don't care about pvpers favorite aspect of your product why should we give you our money?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000001149da/01003/signature.png]Dexteron[/charsig]

Where exactly is this "MAJORITY" of players that want this change? Why aren't they speaking up? I'll tell you where. They reside for the most part in the beautiful land of make believe.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000001149da/01003/signature.png]Dexteron[/charsig]

Please do not implement this change. KB's should be just what it says on the tin and you should not water down the titles. I can't see how the majority of players would want this change. If Devs hadn't proposed the change in the first place no-one would be discussing it let alone agreeing with it. Its a bad idea and will only make a difference to the people who actually strived for it in the first place. You will make the titles meaningless and slap those who have it in the face. Thanks.

Let's see if they miss all of the "minority" once we are all gone.

./peace out

ps I've already seen 2 others one R13 one R11 quitting from Windy, and the population there is horrid.

good luck turbine
    [center][URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/jcc4.png/][IMG]http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/9340/jcc4.png[/IMG][/URL][/center]

I heard Update 11 goes live on monday. We need more soloers in this PvP to make kills have a meaning. O what am I QQing about... I give up. Turbine will never listen.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankj45 View Post
    Your idea makes you seem like you never have pvpd before, pretty much All of the players that are upset about the change have invested time (which is worth more than money) into these deeds. Having Ranked creeps on 3 servers doesnt mean much, and pretty vague.

Here is what I have come to accept

1. Sapience does not make these changes, hes the forum mod, middle man, messenger, complaining to him won't change anything. He just waits for a thread that is a hot topic to get derailed so he can close it.

2. the forums are a source of feedback that is part of a "Pool" of methods for game changes.

3. We the PvMP community are a minority, and even smaller minority that use the forums.

Its sad my two focuses of the game were Endgame raiding, and PvP. Everyone who is part of these two communities is not happy with where the game is heading.....you can imagine how happy I am.

Hear, hear!

Currently, I'm attempting to find the person within WB's corporate structure responsible for Turbine and the address I can write to. Letters are more powerful than phone calls and web posts because they take more effort to produce and even cost money to send.

Yes, I know this KB change will, most likely, never be undone -- but I'm still hoping for a straight answer from someone. If and when I find the right people, I'll post their addresses. Phone numbers, too. If we can get around the middle-men somehow, maybe we can get something, anything, accomplished.

Sincerely,
    Lou de Torres

What more can i say that every one else has not already said. This is a unwise change, in my opinion the worst one aside from the turbine store becoming a treasure trove of pay to win items in pvp. On a side note i understand why turbine was so eager to implement the store in pvp they need money to make a profit and to continue to run the game. But i paid a sub every month before that change was made just so i could play my monster because it was worth it. But with every update that worth has been diminished. i believed in you turbine that's why i subbed. I honestly have no reason to sub again and that's sad.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000001d4b9/signature.png]Hawkdriver[/charsig]

This is just tragic. It shows once again how out of touch the devs are with PvP and the community.

Your idea makes you seem like you never have pvpd before, pretty much All of the players that are upset about the change have invested time (which is worth more than money) into these deeds.
    Like farming can't make these titles a joke already as it does with rank? The reason my ideas look that way to you is because I could care less about e-peen as MANY of the pvp players do. Way to many elitists in the moors as it is.

Having Ranked creeps on 3 servers doesnt mean much, and pretty vague.
    I rest my case. See my above comment on elitists.

GZ Turbine!

I take it next step is to remove PvP stats all-together, to destroy every single difference left between clubbers & zerg babies with people that actually PvP'd those 5 years, before RoR came out and &&&& up everything.
    ~Nimolas R11 Warden (Retired before RoR) (Snowbourn)

~Eralwen R10 hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Priestetute View Post
    Even though sapience claims a small minority of pvpers are opposed to this update, an even smaller minority of pvpers are supportive of the kb change. Casual pvpers, which are majority of the population will be indifferent to the change and content either way, but most importantly casual pvpers aren't willing to stop investing regardless
    with U11 going Live as is.

Being a forum mod, you have no sway over any major change, sapience. In most gaming companies the forum mods are there for damage control rather than public feedback. The only thing sapience could possibly do is point out the potential revenue lose with this change going Live, which is the only thing a 'suit' will understand in regard to listening to the fan base.
    Sapience shouldnt care anymore, hes closer to be out of job due to lack of money within turbine with each update they make.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#008080]Chains of insanity [/COLOR][COLOR=#fff0f5]- [/COLOR][COLOR=#800080]Doom of GY Reborn [/COLOR]-[COLOR=#ff0000] FOTM[/COLOR] - [COLOR=#0000ff]WotGE[/COLOR] -[COLOR=#40e0d0] The [/COLOR][COLOR=#00ffff]Fancy Lads
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#ee82ee]Retired from LOTRO[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]

I'll post what I posted in another post.

If they want to introduce this system for real then implement the changes but make it as new deeds for what you have helped kill and keep the old ones specifically as killing blow deeds. This would allow everyone to accomplish fairly and show what they have killed while also keeping old players records intact as well as giving a new dynamic to PVP KB's VS general kills. Everybody is happy. Wow that was hard.

I understand the changes but can we at least try to not be dumber-er-er about it?
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Gladden | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Fear View Post
    Like farming can't make these titles a joke already as it does with rank? The reason my ideas look that way to you is because I could care less about e-peen as MANY of the pvp players do. Way to many elitists in the moors as it is.

I rest my case. See my above comment on elitists.
    Way too many elitists? And what exactly is an elitist in your opinion? Someone who wouldn't group with you? As for NOT caring about e-peen... if you don't care about the goals that WE DO CARE ABOUT, why do you think it's a good change? Sounds to me like you need a leveled playing field because you just can't measure up the way things are. Is this the real issue here? That this "silent majority" feels like they can't compete with good players so they need a rule change to cover their own inadequacy? FAIL. Go play Hello Kitty Island adventure and earn a participation ribbon or something. Leave the competitive games to those of us that don't whine about not being good enough.

Awful change, Turbine. Why is it so hard to leave something in the game that requires some actual time and work? As posted before, lots of other options could have been implemented to address imbalances b/n healing and dps classes in their title quests. Really disappointing.

meh. time for another hiatus i suppose. ill come back in Helm's Deep.
    *Sapience stuff deleted*

i think they just didnt realize how important these deeds were to you people, i doubt they are trying to intentionally ruin your PvP experience. is this deed change really the issue or is it just a release valve for overall unhappiness with the state of the game?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000d123b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    The [url="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"]Noldor[/url] of Arkenstone

Now everyone can zerg and get Hand of Doom while sleeping... took me until R13 so I wonder how fast new freeps/creeps will get it.
    Rank 15 Blackarrow HinderSpam
    55,000 Killing Blows and Counting

Quote Originally Posted by HinderSpam View Post
    Now everyone can zerg and get Hand of Doom while sleeping... took me until R13 so I wonder how fast new freeps/creeps will get it.
    Since nowdays rank 13 is the new rank 8... Lets say 3 months max? lol...

Random n00bs walking around with 'Herald of Darkness' and 'Hero of Legend' will be priceless.

I feel sorry for how this game became...
    ~Nimolas R11 Warden (Retired before RoR) (Snowbourn)

~Eralwen R10 hunter

This change really bothered me when I first read about it, but now I've become somewhat numb to it. It's the long trend now of "You are your own measure of achievement". Rank is near meaningless now, both creep and freep side. And now the one remaining sanctuary of time-spent-PVPing is becoming a shadow of its former self. Like most of the people who have been here for years know, it's the ebbs and flow of PVP in LOTRO. At the end of the day I don't PVP for statics, I PVP for the sake of killing folks. It's a shame however, with all the things that could have been done with even the brief moment of developer attention, it is spent on "fixing" slayer deeds.

It's just such a shame that the raid baby mentality is being rewarded further.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000015df2c/01008/signature.png]Ethurian[/charsig]
    [color="#ebd167"][b]Speed, Surprise and Violence of Action[/b][/color]
    [b]Sine Pari[/b]

Guys, guys, the Update just went live... Stop the QQing! Face it
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

It isn't "QQ" as far as I'm concerned, I stated my view that this would stop me playing PvP if this went through to live having played the Moors since release and despite the large quantity of people who didn't want this change we were ignored.

It is just as the threads title suggests..the killing blow to PvP for me and I can't express how dissapointed I am about it either, I feel like all the hours I have spent roaming solo grinding my way towards title deeds for kb's has been rendered totally and entirely wasted.

I'm done with it now, thanks to everyone for all the fun on Snowie, Dapple will miss you all very much
    The Last Alliance - Officer
    [B]
    Dapple[/B] Rank 10 Warg

It took me 4 years as a captain to get "the veteran" title. Has used the title since I got it, but all "pride" in it is gone now.
    Extremely dissapointed, could have understood if gear was gated behind the deed, but it was only a title.......
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e000000058a6b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Don_eu View Post
    It took me 4 years as a captain to get "the veteran" title. Has used the title since I got it, but all "pride" in it is gone now.
    Extremely dissapointed, could have understood if gear was gated behind the deed, but it was only a title.......
    Played for around 2 years, was 300 kbs away from battlemaster before monday =/

Quote Originally Posted by sarefx View Post
    Played for around 2 years, was 300 kbs away from battlemaster before monday =/
    28 for me
    [IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/2qx7sdx.png[/IMG]
    [B]:::[/B][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/33lk1hx.png[/IMG][B] :::[/B] ~ Arrostorm
    [B][color=green]::: Commander Vilemaw Sad, Watcher ::: - Get it? ---- [/color] [color=blue]::: Master Guardian Ceburia 'the Banned' ::: ----[/color] Snowbourn[EU][/B]

Welp. Half way to Harvester of Sorrow. I can't even wear Blackdog. It feels so cheap.
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8