We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Certainly, allowing a deed based on the player's killing blows to advance based on some other player's killing blow is illogical.

But as for the concerns about Player B easily completing a deed and thereby acquiring a title in a manner that devalues a title already held by Player A:

You guys seriously pimp your titles and look at other people's titles? I turned off titles a long time ago. Heck, I often turn NAMES off. Too many words obstructing my view!

Reminds me, I'd better check to see if any of my toons still sports an active title. If so, it's probably from the Misty Mountains or something. How embarrassing!
    Vikky (105 LM) * Samsgarde (105 Captain) * Iaggo (105 Burg) * Samsgaard (85 Guard, retired) * and various lowbies

Quote Originally Posted by Samsgaard View Post
    Certainly, allowing a deed based on the player's killing blows to advance based on some other player's killing blow is illogical.

But as for the concerns about Player B easily completing a deed and thereby acquiring a title in a manner that devalues a title already held by Player A:

You guys seriously pimp your titles and look at other people's titles? I turned off titles a long time ago. Heck, I often turn NAMES off. Too many words obstructing my view!

Reminds me, I'd better check to see if any of my toons still sports an active title. If so, it's probably from the Misty Mountains or something. How embarrassing!

Its not really about the title that you can show off after... Alot of people have explained what such things mean to players,it is something that they "work" for,something that creates "content" and enjoyment that turbine can not,or does not want to deliver in PvMP,and it gets taken away...

Anyway,any discussion about this is futile isnt it? The change is set in stone,and from all the responses we got from Sapience it is unlikely that they think about this again once it hit the servers.

Next time EVERY SINGLE PLAYER (thats still left for the next time that surely will come ) that does not like the change,has to post.. Then sapience can compare it to his "real" numbers and show us those,then we will see if its minority or majortiy of people opposing/agreeing..

Quote Originally Posted by Okni View Post
    Its not really about the title that you can show off after... Alot of people have explained what such things mean to players,it is something that they "work" for,something that creates "content" and enjoyment that turbine can not,or does not want to deliver in PvMP,and it gets taken away...

Anyway,any discussion about this is futile isnt it? The change is set in stone,and from all the responses we got from Sapience it is unlikely that they think about this again once it hit the servers.

Next time EVERY SINGLE PLAYER (thats still left for the next time that surely will come ) that does not like the change,has to post.. Then sapience can compare it to his "real" numbers and show us those,then we will see if its minority or majortiy of people opposing/agreeing..
    i should be more clear on my post above, i suppose.

im not trying to change Turbine's mind.

I'm trying to show Turbine how bad that mistake is...

...and by showing that I've cancelled my VIP. Just like many others have.
    *Sapience stuff deleted*

Yeah I just cancelled my sub today, the fact that they even thought about adding this change to the game and then ignore the community and go ahead with the change despite the greater majority of people opposing it is just disrespectful to the community and very unprofessional. Also with the new player 'Council' I can't see this game getting better with a lot of the people chosen being 'Rank Farmers' themselves or just casual players who really don't contribute and some who have no idea what they are doing at all.
    [I][b][center][color=red]Overlord Gothnon [/color][/center][/b][/I] [I][b][center][color=yellow]Brandywine[/color][/center][/b][/I]

The direction this game - and PvMP in particular - have been taking of late has been troubling enough. This change and the sheer disregard Turbine has shown for its PvMP player base goes way beyond that. Not sure I have muc reasons left to maintain my VIP status after this one.

-Pup-
    [FONT=arial black][COLOR=#ff0000]PUPTRIPPZ[/COLOR], Rank 12 Warg, former Suicidal Warg Squad[/FONT]

[SIZE=2][FONT=arial black][COLOR=#40e0d0]PALAMARK[/COLOR], Wargbait[SIZE=2][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/SIZE]

So, after all the frustration what this change has brought to me I will try to make somewhat decent post. From what I understood and what I've been told, only kill count advances, unless you actually get the killing blow which then advances your killing blow count in your wartab. I am still bit dissapointed about the slayer deed change and what I'm proposing, and I'm sure quite a few people already suggested is to create separate deeds for kills and killing blows, seeing as the change is going to make it through to live servers. Obviously, if it's possible to make such a change in sometime future. I sincerely hope to see kill and killing blow deeds as their own.

On a side note, yes, it does make me feel depressed to know that any new player will be able to achieve and get the titles I've worked really hard throughout the years, in a matter of weeks.

I've also cancelled my sub as I feel like Turbine doesn't deserve my financial commitment to this game seeing as I am quite unhappy for the direction this game has been going over the years. And this change being the final straw.
    Last edited by Galadhol; May 09 2013 at 07:47 PM.

The camels can only carry so much straw and for myself like many others, I think it's more the fact that Sapience and the rest of the goof troop don't care what anyone thinks.

We have been lobbying for changes for sometime now about rank farmers and nothing was listened to by these mods, in fact they are going out of their way to make it EASIER for them to do it. Taking away what people work for by making reknown and infamy easier to attain was a HUGE blow and now this deed change... just crazy that they think people will want to play this "product".

These forums are not the only forums where displeasure is being stated but the mods don't care because as long as they meet the quota set by WB they will have jobs.

The camels back is broken.
    What is it? What do you smell?

in the battle for pvp in this game, Turbine got the killing blow.

Peace out!
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

Subscription cancelled.

I like Sapience's rubbish excuse of "this has been a bug since implementation"

If that's so, why wasn't it 'fixed' when they EDITED the deeds so Tier IV and over ones had less KB requirements?

Cancelled subscription and uninstalled. Why pay for something that is not rewarding/fun anymore and the same map for 6 years.
    KB deed was the last nail to the coffin.
    [Juregar/Laurelin] [Jureon/Evernight] [Ragetrain/Laurelin]
    Member of Puliveivarit
    I was a corner survivor

Even though sapience claims a small minority of pvpers are opposed to this update, an even smaller minority of pvpers are supportive of the kb change. Casual pvpers, which are majority of the population will be indifferent to the change and content either way, but most importantly casual pvpers aren't willing to stop investing regardless
    with U11 going Live as is.

Being a forum mod, you have no sway over any major change, sapience. In most gaming companies the forum mods are there for damage control rather than public feedback. The only thing sapience could possibly do is point out the potential revenue lose with this change going Live, which is the only thing a 'suit' will understand in regard to listening to the fan base.
    Massterchief
    Arbitter
    Starfoxx

Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    Agreed. Turbine's become our weekend dad.
    I had to laugh!

"My dad told me a funny story about my little brother. He was in a race. Everyone was supposed to get a trophy after they crossed the finish line.

My little bro stands at the start line, and looks up at my dad. He starts whining and says, "Daddy, can't you just BUY the trophy for me?!?"

Can I just buy the title on the lotro store??
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r10 (active) Mini

world of warcraft had over 12 million subscribers They lost nearly 3 million subscribers in the last 2 years and shook it off like loosing a couple dollars.

Turbine on the other hand has Far less subscribers then WoW many of which are F2P accounts To which I am sure many are owned by children who never give any money to turbine, because they have none to give.

lotro has 15 US servers 17 non us

so 32 servers total

Wow has... 241 servers in North America and 263 in Europe.
    Estimating the rough population reported of around 9million that leaves a estimate of 17,000 people per server.

If lotro has around the same number per server that gives roughly 571,000 people

Question is how many vip players can turbine afford to lose over small issues like this one? Small issues that seem to be growing in number. Sometimes it's the simple things that make or break a person's willingness to continue, like this small issue. For some it was the turbine store, or what they started selling. If you do searches on the forums you will find many people who got very angry over small things Like Selling armor in the lotro store, or not getting instances with an expansion as stated in advertising. The same people who quit the game because Turbine refused to address it. Turbine ever since being taken over by WB has made clear there growing disregard for the players and there growing interest in there wallets. It is however a downhill slope because the more they change the game to suit there wallets the more people they lose in the process. I have already lost at least 30 friends who no longer play, all leaving at specific small points of anger over changes turbine has made. Some left when the lotro store arrived and never came back, others when small things they loved about the game were changed. Soon my friends list once full of people who were always online busy about there fun has become full of people who haven't logged on in over a year... 2 years... 3 years... Every now and then one comes back to say hi but goes again when they see what the game has become. I still have a few left on my friends list that still play and it is the only reason I still login. Once you have gotten rid of my friends with your small issues I will stop playing too. Because honestly the only reason I play currently is for the comradery.

Sure turbine gains some with the f2p model and the constant small changes that push away old vip players, but they gain people like gold sellers exploiting F2P accounts, Children who will never spend a dime to support the game, and casual gamers who play within the f2p system farming Turbine points through in game tasks.

Even if my numbers are not wholly accurate I doubt turbine has more then 1 million people actively playing. I doubt they can afford to lose even one paying customer.

Quote Originally Posted by ydoc View Post
    I doubt they can afford to lose even one paying customer.
    I disagree with you on this. If this was the case they would be doing more for pvmp over the years than they have. This is a PVE game FIRST, pvmp is an after thought for them.

Best thing IMO is to remove freeps from the moors and add a freep side instance play like they have for monster play. Then they can change as much as they want in PVE land and keep balance in the moors. Sell freep side classes like they do for monster side and the VIP would get them all for free.

As for the deed change I think it needed changing. If your going to quit over this then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Fear View Post
    I disagree with you on this. If this was the case they would be doing more for pvmp over the years than they have. This is a PVE game FIRST, pvmp is an after thought for them.

Best thing IMO is to remove freeps from the moors and add a freep side instance play like they have for monster play. Then they can change as much as they want in PVE land and keep balance in the moors. Sell freep side classes like they do for monster side and the VIP would get them all for free.

As for the deed change I think it needed changing. If your going to quit over this then don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    Says the guy that doesn't PVP.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000001149da/01003/signature.png]Dexteron[/charsig]

You could say the same for the state of PvE atm, it's absolute garbage.. the way I see it they put more time in to Pvmp this expansion (RoR) then they did PvE just all the things they did with Pvmp was terrible. Outpost/keep buffs, bad placement of OC/EC, 100% boosters from store, the change to TA bridges, back doors on keeps etc. etc.

and now this.. it's kinda like a bad joke. Sad to see this game that had so much potential come to this.

At-least it can only get better now, right? ....... oh yea, they're removing the leader boards also. Maybe after that.

I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment already expressed by so many of my fellow players thus far in this thread: that the implementation of this change would be a nearly entirely unwanted trivialization.

I myself have played since April 2008, and although my guardian is only rank 9 after all that time (I took breaks a lot, and have always played on &&&&&& platforms and with a poor internet connection) the only thing making me want to endure the, let's be honest, terrible performance of the Overpower Guardian in RoR is the fact that I'm getting closer to my next KB title. If this change occurs I may still play, but the Valiant title will be yet another "achievement" that I will feel left out on, especially considering I would have gained it years after many of the players I remember PvPing with from the past.

I will try and force myself to quit if this change occurs permanently.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000af98e/01008/signature.png]Gurthalion[/charsig]
    [OOC] Faja: 'new expansion isnt even out yet, i've already failed at it'

Quote Originally Posted by deximus View Post
    Says the guy that doesn't PVP.
    Says the guy that has no clue. Assume much?

I have ranked creeps on 3 servers. Even on the server you play on. It has been a bit since I played them on your server since Brandy has more action and I am there most of the time. But just because I choose not to post my characters does not mean I do not play pvmp.

Quote Originally Posted by vhamster View Post

Peace out!
    Quite.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000af98e/01008/signature.png]Gurthalion[/charsig]
    [OOC] Faja: 'new expansion isnt even out yet, i've already failed at it'

Says the guy that has no clue. Assume much?

I have ranked creeps on 3 servers. Even on the server you play on. It has been a bit since I played them on your server since Brandy has more action and I am there most of the time. But just because I choose not to post my characters does not mean I do not play pvmp.
    Your idea makes you seem like you never have pvpd before, pretty much All of the players that are upset about the change have invested time (which is worth more than money) into these deeds. Having Ranked creeps on 3 servers doesnt mean much, and pretty vague.

Here is what I have come to accept

1. Sapience does not make these changes, hes the forum mod, middle man, messenger, complaining to him won't change anything. He just waits for a thread that is a hot topic to get derailed so he can close it.

2. the forums are a source of feedback that is part of a "Pool" of methods for game changes.

3. We the PvMP community are a minority, and even smaller minority that use the forums.

Its sad my two focuses of the game were Endgame raiding, and PvP. Everyone who is part of these two communities is not happy with where the game is heading.....you can imagine how happy I am.
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/mUZJhh8.png[/img]
    [FYMF squad] Killabees

Quote Originally Posted by Nyrion View Post
    I get the feeling you haven't tried completing these quests and deeds on a creep healing class. It essentially comes down to being lucky in a group or raid, and most of the time you won't be.

Appreciated, however the problem is the deeds have been a massive struggle for some people for 6 years or so and now suddenly, like with ranking, everyone and their mother are going to have "achievements" you've worked so hard on for years.

Think of it this way. "Back in the day" it would take months to get certain titles and they were something you could take a bit of pride in obtaining, now everyone is getting them for the kills the titles will be obtained at such a rate it makes them effectively un-noteworthy for everyone, healers included.

It does very little to address the issues of healers not being on par with DPS in terms of gains, what is needed is the introduction of a new mechanic which doesn't discriminate against none DPS classes. My suggestion would be a revenge/saviour mechanic. If someone drops below 10% health it triggers a flag which puts them in a "danger" zone, if the person manages to get to 50% health then the healer who got him over 50% would be given 1 "saviour" point, then you could have saviour deeds as well as KB deeds, solving the issue of Healers not having an equivalent achievement.

Edit: Just thought as well, this also harms solo'ers, less kills = less titles but more renown/inf, not a massive problem but still something to consider, Turbine really don't seem to have anyone employed who considers these sorts of things, it's a bit worrying really.
    Last edited by Mr_Pedantic; May 11 2013 at 11:13 AM.
    [size=1][center]Federic - 65 Warden[/center]
    [center]Grulnakh - Rank 9 Warg[/center]
    [center][i]Occasionally plays LOTRO.[/center][/size][/i]

Quote Originally Posted by fulred View Post
    So the changes so far:

1. You get infamy/renown from quests.
    2. You are able to buy skills and brands.
    3. You are able to inflate your renown/infamy via keep/delving buffs
    4. You are now able to buy 100% renown/infamy buffs via TP
    5. Unless is a 1v1, you are better off being in a raid for infamy/renown.
    6. Now you might be able to get slayer deeds by zerging.

What's next?
    -Blessing of Mordirith/High King: You may progress to your next PvMP rank. Cost: #### TP

Thank You!

p.s. Sarcasm in case you didn't notice
    Took me 4 years to get r14 and warlord title. Everything seems so easy right now since RoI. Are you trying to make everyone happy before you pack boxes Turbine?
    [URL=http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/Francois_Legare/media/teacuteleacutechargement8_zps595ab102.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a544/Francois_Legare/teacuteleacutechargement8_zps595ab102.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by PuduBatt View Post
    Took me 4 years to get r14 and warlord title. Everything seems so easy right now since RoI. Are you trying to make everyone happy before you pack boxes Turbine?
    this, and the quoted post within it.

so much truth.

Quote Originally Posted by vhamster View Post

Peace out!
    +1
    Last edited by Redbeaver; May 11 2013 at 12:11 PM.
    *Sapience stuff deleted*

Deeds for being dealt or mitigating x/xx/xxx amount of damage in the Moors in general or from ___ creep class, or of ____ damage type?

Deeds for blocking/parrying/dodging/evading/resisting attacks some total number of times in the Moors in general or from x/y/z class/damage type?

Deeds for sustaining certain buffs, or a certain number of buffs on yourself/an ally, 3 players, and a full fellowship for x/y/z minutes?

Deeds for participating in a total number of kills in the Moors not based on class killed - which don't require the actual Killing Blow?

Deeds for healing x/xx/xxx Morale total in the Moors, preventing x/xx/xxx damage via bubbles/-% damage skills?

Deeds for in-combat and out-of-combat rezzing?

You didn't even try.

RIP KB's. :c
    Last edited by k3nn3th; May 11 2013 at 12:31 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast