We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    A defiler friend of mine is PROUD of his KB's, they weren't given to him because "oh you play a healer class, you can't POSSIBLY get a killing blow on your own, here we'll hook you up", he worked his little loincloth off for them.

This goes along the same lines as Kindergarten Graduations, Blue Ribbons for showing up and abolishing the Honor Roll. Guess I didn't realize the entitlement generation (GenME) is now dictating the direction of all facets of game play.
    [center][color=blue]Anat ~ Damspider, The Black Blade[/color][/center]
    [center][color=green]Teslafoil ~ Allure, WeGotThis [/color][/center]

[center][color=gold] "Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"[/color][/center]

If this goes ahead, time to throw in the towel i guess.
    [CENTER]Click for latest lotro pvmp video --> [SIZE=3][URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNKg-UIpCTc"][U][FONT=Impact][COLOR=#696969]FiZZE[/COLOR][/FONT][/U][/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Who conjures up these ideas? Are they for real? This is beyond bad, possibly the worst potential change I have ever seen.

Now convinced that the pvp devs have never actually played pvp in this game.
    My home is a spider den, my garden is Hoarhallow and I visit Grothum on holiday. I just happen to be really unlucky and meet freeps there ;)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2022401000010e4a5/signature.png]Basilbrush[/charsig]

My killing blow deeds were always something to be proud of. I remember when I first got the Black Dog title many moons ago and how proud I was to have achieved that considering that at the time the design strategy was 1 freep = many creeps. I can not say that I am pleased to see this change.

Who really asked for this change?

I'd understand creating a new deed for kills, leaving the KB deed as it is. But giving the KB to everyone that participates in a kill contradicts the meaning of killing blow.
    [IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii524/Martwen/juan_zps65bf8663.jpg[/IMG]

Badjuanra R12 (BA), Adbulhassan R9 (STK), Fatjuanra R9 (WL)

I know that I've thought about additional deeds for the Moors but I can't say I remember much clamour for this particular change. I would like to add that I have been around for over 6 years and played my guard the whole time and I have been fine with the KB deeds-even before OP stance and SW when we were truly putrid at collecting KBs. This change really is unwarrented. I wish they would at least comment on the issue.
    Jeffaman-Guarding Hobbit Jeffro-Burgling Hobbit Tinulaurien-Elf Lore Master Cephus-Champion of Men Lilnooblet-Hunting Hobbit Jeffrandir-Snooty Elf Rune-keeper- All of Brandywine
    Long live the halflings! Praise them with great praise!
    RIP Nidor - Brandywine's bravest warrior

Please no.

One of the main reasons i pvp is for kbs and the titles, making them meaningless will make me think that much more about never playing this again.

Also for those healers that claim this is a good thing, reroll.

What are you doing playing a healing class looking for killing blows, you knew what came with the class when you rolled it. Aomeone mentioned that he/she stops healing and tries to get the kb on targets before they die and inturn let someone die in their group. This person should NEVER be allowed in a group. If your looking for killing blows as a healer then solo and trait for dps.

People obviously dont see what this really means. If your a healer or any class for that matter feeling proud of a title achieved past this change your a fool.
    I do it for the lulz. ~SnH~
    People @ turbine/WB are a huge tease, but dont worry they end up screwing you on every update/expansion.
    " When enough scrubs get together, they accomplish great things "

Everyone wants to be and do everything.

Which is why this game is in the mess that it is.
    Brittain. Fidel. KimJongIl.

Quote Originally Posted by BrittainTheCommie View Post
    Everyone wants to be and do everything.

Which is why this game is in the mess that it is.
    ^All of this.... +Rep
    [center][URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/jcc4.png/][IMG]http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/9340/jcc4.png[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by jfindlay View Post
    ^All of this.... +Rep
    Agreed. Turbine's become our weekend dad.

Quote Originally Posted by sebo2yoface View Post
    Also for those healers that claim this is a good thing, reroll.

What are you doing playing a healing class looking for killing blows, you knew what came with the class when you rolled it. Aomeone mentioned that he/she stops healing and tries to get the kb on targets before they die and inturn let someone die in their group. This person should NEVER be allowed in a group. If your looking for killing blows as a healer then solo and trait for dps.

People obviously dont see what this really means. If your a healer or any class for that matter feeling proud of a title achieved past this change your a fool.
    When I am feeling bloodthirsty and want to kill, I solo or group with a few kinnies who know I'm red line. When I run in raids I trait blue line because that's what I'm there for. I don't expect or want KBs for healing somebody, and it cheapens it for all of us in my opinion. I get renown and credit for a kill in general, and that's enough for me.

I've only been moorsing for a couple months when PVE turned stagnant yet again, and I found a fun place that I could play my class differently than a 24/7 PVE raid healer. I watch my small number of KBs and don't mind, knowing each day I'm out I'll get one or two (or none). Giving me credit for a KB because I got a heal off is somewhat ironic and not welcome. If I was able to earn a KB title under the current system I'd show it with pride. Under the new proposed system they will no longer mean anything to anybody and I won't wear them. For Turbine to think they're doing me a favor making it easier? Wrong. You just ruined it.
    Last edited by Beaniemooch; May 08 2013 at 01:01 PM.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    When I am feeling bloodthirsty and want to kill, I solo or group with a few kinnies who know I'm red line. When I run in raids I trait blue line because that's what I'm there for. I don't expect or want KBs for healing somebody, and it cheapens it for all of us in my opinion. I get renown and credit for a kill in general, and that's enough for me.

I've only been moorsing for a couple months when PVE turned stagnant yet again, and I found a fun place that I could play my class differently than a 24/7 PVE raid healer. I watch my small number of KBs and don't mind, knowing each day I'm out I'll get one or two (or none). Giving me credit for a KB because I got a heal off is somewhat ironic and not welcome. If I was able to earn a KB title under the current system I'd show it with pride. Under the new proposed system they will no longer mean anything to anybody and I won't wear them. For Turbine to think they're doing me a favor making it easier? Wrong. You just ruined it.
    Think you got it wrong, you don't get a KB. The deed will advance without KB, not your wartab. But these deeds are called "KB Deeds" so... O wait, not with the update.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Please don't do this, devs/Turbine, we don't need one of the last "pure" things in this game to work toward (especially in PvMP) to be utterly and completely trivialized.
    [center][color=#CC3300]Lieutenant Sersi Niflhel[/color] [color=#666699]· [i]Retired[/i][/color]
    [color=#993333]"I will give you no quarter, and I will take none."[/color][/center]

I love my new participation award!!! /sarcasm

First, with changes to renown gains rank meant less. Now, kb deeds are nullified too. Honestly, when everyone hits rank 15 with their deeds completed, what next? I know plenty that play purely for pvp even though I'm sure it's a small population it still exists. I'm wondering where pvmp advancement will go next. Then again if it's anything like farm fests on meneldor on every other server, maybe looking at the future is a lost cause.
    Amestoplease, Rk
    Ambusher, Warg

im done with the moors come U11, dropping my sub. will maybe pve some, but wont spend anymore money.
    Lugbur, R11 Reaver ./. Guthfred, R9 Captain ./. Guthblade, R9 Chamption ./. Muzluck, R9 Warg + Various other toons of different rank and class.

Quote Originally Posted by 0987654321 View Post
    im done with the moors come U11, dropping my sub. will maybe pve some, but wont spend anymore money.
    Same here ....

maybe ill log in for 2 hours and get the last 3.5k KBs i need for my title that took 6 years ... and be the first to have it, for about 6 hours till everyone has it lol.

but yea, adios for me as well.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000034d99/01007/signature.png]Jmez[/charsig]
    Jmez Warbringer The Warlord

Great job, Turbine!
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

If healers/support class players are really crying about their inability to achieve these deeds, and you (Turbine) are hell bent on appeasing them, then curve the number of KB's needed by class (you figure out how) but don't introduce tapped kills. You might as well just do away with the deeds if you do that. They will just be another heap of meaningless titles...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050100000ab25d/signature.png]Furpants[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Ollof View Post
    Who conjures up these ideas? Are they for real? This is beyond bad, possibly the worst potential change I have ever seen.

Now convinced that the pvp devs have never actually played pvp in this game.
    Changes like this have nothing to do with the devs and they do play the game. But they are not in charge. Who's in charge? I don't know. The marketing dept at Turbine? The marketing dept at WB? The board of directors of one or the other? Or is there a single person responsible for this decision somewhere? Will that person or people please stand up and give us the truth? Or at least allow Sapience to tell us the truth?

Sincerely,
    Lou de Torres

Quote Originally Posted by 0987654321 View Post
    So we're 3, me and my girlfriend are dropping subscription too.

Im off

The game with the best pvp potential ever - it was in 2007 - became the worst pvp experience for any player looking for a fair and challenging game.

*throw wartab, ranks and tier 2/3/4 Gilrain monster kill deeds Gilrain server firsts of all heavy/melle classes out the window* ah forgot: * throw server firsts r6/7/8/9/10/11/12 of all melle/heavy classes out the window and add turbine points and some cheaters/clubbers*

Thanks to Turbine/WB and their support to cheating and absolute lack of respect for their pvmp playerbase.

And say hello to your new premium ( free ) player.
    Corlindel Morenoldo - Champ
    Nah LM - Vasko Warden - Mizi Burg - Mah Guardian - Heidiklum WL - Kah Reaver - Rauk warg ...and more
    Exiles of Numenor / Scumbags - GILRAIN EU

This thread is depressing.
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

"1- This change is going live with Update 11. There's not going to be a sudden change and at the last moment we remove it from the Update. The team is commited to this change.

2- The LOTRO Forums are provided for our customers and players."

Turbine showed directly that they dont care what people say in the forums, once they made their mind its over. So I say why play game where Devs have any and if at all interest in player base. It shows their direct ignorance. I can write an essays how stupid kb change is and how previous changes lead to this, but too many players already said similar stuff. So with that said, Im done with lotro. Once u11 hits pvp is over for me, and soon I will be done with pve. Hate to see such a good game meeting its end.

Ok, I'm pretty much a noob at PvMP, a r4 BA, I have less than 20 kb's, but they are something that I worked pretty damn hard for. Most players work years to get their title, and it just would be pointless to have as many kb's as kills...Yet another reason why I'm most likely going to ESO. ./sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Arathaert View Post
    Okay, I can see why they're doing it - making it easier for healers/support to get in their titles. Makes sense. You don't want a title only dps classes can obtain.
    Why don't I? Or, why don't we?

Some deeds should be designed that it's easier for some class to obtained, and harder for others. That way when those others classes got them, it's a well worth achievement.

Plus, having a high goal at least entertains some hard core players.

It should be like the rest of the game: some people enjoy leveling slowly, exploring contents, and others power level so they can do end-game raiding.

This KB change is like making all raid instances cluster available from lv10 and solo-able. Why? Because some super casuals wants to enjoy them too...

I get the logic, Turbine, I really do. But WAKE UP AND SMELL the burnt coffee! You're KILLING your loyal customers. You're ignoring the small group of people who DRIVE this game forward. They may not drive your revenue (SHUT UP AND GO SIT IN THE CORNER, WARNER BROS! I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU!), but that's what make a good game into a GREAT game.

Come on, Turbine.

Don't do this.

/6-yr_subscriber
    *Sapience stuff deleted*

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast