We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I don't know what everyone is complaining about.

This decision has finally confirmed my suspicions all along: LOTRO is not a game, it is a psychological experiment that is part of the fringe science department of a U.S. agency with one goal: to test how long people will play something they hate, but refuse to let go of from sheer defiance.

Well, I refuse to let you win, mysterious overlords of Turbine/FBI/CIA/MiB/Microsoft/Sith. You can take my KB grind to HoD away, but you shall never have my freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin_Eldar View Post
    Because being able to land just one hit, which happened to be the last one, to get your deed count incremented when everyone else who did real damage is left with nothing is the way to feel good about yourself, right?
    You might be a raid baby but my tribe never rolls with a raid so it's not about luck.

Rep hidden no characters in sig etc, I don't need to answer to a coward about anything to do with my account.

I hope that they take these responses into account and this doesn't get on live.

if this goes live i can assure you it will be the last straw for me.

those crying about not having KBs on their tab cause they are healers need to either reroll or shut it.

ONe of the worst ideas in the long history of bad ideas that is the ettenmoors.

To any healer class who thinks this is ok either,

dont play a healing class if you want KBS (if i play my burg or guard, i dont get em, and thats fine)

or

you're not worried so much about pvp as u want what other ppl got the easiest way u can

Any true pvp healer cherishes the kbs they get and are proud of the titles they acheive. IE the capy wit battlemaster or the warleader wit slayer of light. Those accomplishments get as much credit and acknowledgement as the hunter or champ wit Warlord.

Who even thinks these things up? I've never heard anyone ever say, man I wish I could get that T4 slayer title in 2 days. Has there ever been even 1 post on the subject?

Totally rediculous, if this thing goes live ... i'm done. Less than 400k to rank 15 and less than 3,500 KBs till Hero of the Ettenmoors. What will it matter? Some rank 5 person who sat in a raid for 2 days will have the same title.

Quote Originally Posted by jmez View Post
    ONe of the worst ideas in the long history of bad ideas that is the ettenmoors.

To any healer class who thinks this is ok either,

dont play a healing class if you want KBS (if i play my burg or guard, i dont get em, and thats fine)

or

you're not worried so much about pvp as u want what other ppl got the easiest way u can

Any true pvp healer cherishes the kbs they get and are proud of the titles they acheive. IE the capy wit battlemaster or the warleader wit slayer of light. Those accomplishments get as much credit and acknowledgement as the hunter or champ wit Warlord.

Who even thinks these things up? I've never heard anyone ever say, man I wish I could get that T4 slayer title in 2 days. Has there ever been even 1 post on the subject?

Totally rediculous, if this thing goes live ... i'm done. Less than 400k to rank 15 and less than 3,500 KBs till Hero of the Ettenmoors. What will it matter? Some rank 5 person who sat in a raid for 2 days will have the same title.
    bit of a narrowminded answer ain't it... either this or that rofl... there's Always more to it and Always more options, yet do you want to see it?

I don't like the idea either tbh. I'm a guard, currently r11, got veteran title on r9 and now going for battlemaster (just need a mere 4.500 more :S). Yes I do find the 4.500 a lot and almost impossible to get. However I am proud of the veteran title, just like I was proud to get r9, r10 on guard. Due to the allowed rank farming aka clubbing (yes, yes, they've said they "look into it" but it's been a problem for a while now and how much looking do they still need to do? I can look at problems to death, but some just don't go away... well, in the end if game is dead etc it ain't a problem anymore, true....) r9 or r10 on guard means nothing anymore.

However if I look at a close friend who plays minstrel and loves to heal ppl... it's mere impossible to get that title, veteran. I think the amount of kb's is now like 38 or so?? not sure... yet, the char is r10, 80k off for r11. As playing a r9 minstrel myself I do understand the feeling... (think I got 10 kb's on that char) it's a part of the game that will never get done if your a healing minstrel. But I'm sure there's some middleground here... maybe just give the minnie's that healed the one getting the kb some share in it. Like if the hunter that's Always getting all the kb's anyway (hence the warlord title most carry) get a needed heal, then the minstrel gets that kb added too? if that ranks too fast compared to other classes, you could easily put in a debuff like kb * 50%, so for every 2 heals 1 kb or so. Or make a seperate title. I do feel something has to be done about that part... same with them getting renown for heals which is only fair, it's fair they get some sort of compensation for if they keep ppl up in the slayer-deed department. And this is what bèta should be for

But it should be balanced where the current titles are still worth something... rank worth is already stripped (r9 means nothing anymore), but where still healers get something. Otherwise I advise the minnie's go on a strike: don't heal anymore and just go dps to get your kb's in. Shall I start the next thread already: Minnie's shouldn't dps in the moors?

Worsest idea evr!!!!!!!!! Turbien dont put it in live pls zszzzzzzzzzzzz

liek if u crie everytim

You are missing the point that only can be one killing blow for each death. Make a deed for kills but leave KB deeds as they are now.

I got only about 9000 KB on my RK because I'm asked to heal a lot, but I don't want to get KBs for the heals.
    You want another worthless deed/title Turbine?
    More EasyMode?
    Make the game playable with only a big red button, KILL ALL.

On the field of victory enjoying a few well-earned comforts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aineas. View Post
    But it should be balanced where the current titles are still worth something... rank worth is already stripped (r9 means nothing anymore), but where still healers get something. Otherwise I advise the minnie's go on a strike: don't heal anymore and just go dps to get your kb's in. Shall I start the next thread already: Minnie's shouldn't dps in the moors?
    From all the posts in this thread you are the only one who find this change rather positive for pvmp. You think it's ok to get your slayer deeds done out of healing people, like renown points aren't enough already. What a narrow minded view.

Don't the players realise that Turbine has been trying to get the pvp of this game fall apart with the lack of interest and knowledge they have about it? For once after years we got a change to the right direction (battlefiled promotion on freep), and now this comes to ruin it.

Either turbine is going to listen at it's long term customers in order to keep them playing the game, or it's going to proceed with this change and keep the narrow minded zerglings who keep paying subscription in order to pvp mindless!
    Last edited by Gretolas; May 03 2013 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gretolas View Post
    From all the posts in this thread you are the only one who find this change rather positive for pvmp. You think it's ok to get your slayer deeds done out of healing people, like renown points aren't enough already. What a narrow minded view.

Don't the players realise that Turbine has been trying to get the pvp of this game fall apart with the lack of interest and knowledge they have about it? For once after years we got a change to the right direction (battlefiled promotion on freep), and now this comes to ruin it.

Either turbine is going to listen at it's long term customers in order to keep them playing the game, or it's going to proceed with this change and keep the narrow minded zerglings who keep paying subscription in order to pvp mindless!
    hehe, hunter right? :P

read again... you're narrow minded by dismissing it right away, then again, don't bring a minnie in moors do ya. And on hunter it's very easy talking... Why is it so wrong to give the healers something as well? renown not enough, why are you so afraid to share deeds too? afraid you can't show around with your titles anymore? I'm not saying to devalue anything what is everybody is afraid off, and I don't like either. I try to find a common ground which would work for both parties: minstrels and dps. That way you can still shine around in your big number titles, but also the healers that actually heal (not leech by healing full morale ppl) and don't get a chance for a kb get a chance to do the deed. But l2r: I explicitly said it shouldn't devalue the current deeds. There's Always more then 1 way.... so no, i'm not positive... I'm the only one who actually tries to step outside my box and try to find a common ground. This way you can say to turbine: no this won't work, but listen, you could do this which is meeting in the middle this is how live works m8 and this is how it's done... saying no is easy, try to come with a no and a solution... I challenge you!

hehe, hunter right? :P
    hehe, guard right? :P
    I guess you're having a tough time getting KBs or something?

saying no is easy, try to come with a no and a solution... I challenge you!
    Solution: leave it as it is, 1 death = 1 kb for someone. If healers want to get more KBs, they should do something else than heal. If they heal, they keep ppl up and going and gain more renown/kills that way. If they do dps, ppl die more but healers get KBs too (and they're very good at that, on freep side). It's about choices.

This change doesn't make any sense. As it currently stands, the titles represent some amount of competence and experience.
    Counter-argument: Healers/tanks don't get as many KBs. Unfair to them.
    Counter-counter-argument: The same title means much more on a tank/healer than a DPS class.

100% agree with this change, takin away the last reason to play like a coward because u want shiny stats. stats are fine but pvp should not suffer under it. now people can use skills to actually charge and pvp with not run and hide with it.

But why add something that is completely unnecessary? Who has ever asked for titles to be easier to get (or extra titles for that matter)? If you roll a healer, your job is to heal. Plain and simple. You shouldn't expect kbs. That's how it's been for 6 years now. You go into it knowing and realizing you won't be getting as much as a hunter or BA or whatever, and you live with it or you roll something else. Why change something that no one has even talked about?

Finding a middle ground is all well and good, but the fact that this was even brought up is absolutely ridiculous and is a slap in the face to the people who have been here for years.

Quote Originally Posted by dafroisweet View Post
    But why add something that is completely unnecessary? Who has ever asked for titles to be easier to get (or extra titles for that matter)? If you roll a healer, your job is to heal. Plain and simple. You shouldn't expect kbs. That's how it's been for 6 years now. You go into it knowing and realizing you won't be getting as much as a hunter or BA or whatever, and you live with it or you roll something else. Why change something that no one has even talked about?

Finding a middle ground is all well and good, but the fact that this was even brought up is absolutely ridiculous and is a slap in the face to the people who have been here for years.
    This !!!
    XoXo

Man everything they do makes me that much happier I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Penionn View Post
    Man everything they do makes me that much happier I quit.
    That's good for you!

I agree with the original poster. Please don't change the way the KB deeds work. I realize its easier to advance them on some classes than others, but over the years the fact that they ARE difficult to earn has made them a significant goal/achievement for PvMP players. Changing them now will diminish the years of work some players have put into these deeds by making them trivially easy.
    Merridan - Burglar lvl 105 (Rank 12)
    Gormadan - Minstrel lvl 105 (Rank 4) : Traldan - Captain lvl 105 : Celebdan - Weaver (Rank 11)

I think the only time Turbine listened to the player base was that 14 page petition for a new tree in the moors

Get to work, Chaps

Speaking as one of the classes with the lowest dps out of everything in the moors, and KB's are few and far apart for me....

I think is a horrible, horrible idea, and really hope it doesn't make live.

I'm 90k~ away from Rank 11 and still 20 or so KB's from black dog, but that really doesn't bother me. I understand I'm a healer, keeping my friends alive is a higher priority than landing the killing blow.

If I'm in a KBing mood for the day, I'll simply role out on a class more designed for it. I understand freepside this isn't always possible as you require to be geared out and leveled-up to compete, but lets face it, "healing" classes of the freeps can put out godly DPS if they trait for it.

Please don't make slayer titles worthless to those who value them Turbine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhurgo_Burglefools View Post
    Turbine, you have an opportunity to avoid doing something that will be viewed as a trashy move by many of your long time supporters.

Create new deeds instead of changing existing ones!!!!!

Consider it.
    This.

If this is a reaction to people complaining that as a healing class or a non-ranged dps class they can't complete the slayer deeds, then implement some other deeds that entice players to play their classes to that end.

I've played this game since closed beta and every iteration and update seems to nerf something else (heck, I remember when the cap was 50 and to get crafting mastery it took 3x (THREE TIMES) the amount of materials it does now to gain mastery... and now I can just take shavings and turn them into ingots and back again over and over for mastery? Can we take even more of the game and make it so everyone wins?

I see all the newer players asking to do all of the more difficult raids o at t2c with virtues at 5, 6 and 7. Really, back in the day I raided with groups that made it clear you had to have maxxed out virtues, quality gear that hyou worked for, etc.

I'm proud of the fact that I am my server's only LM that has earned Battlemaster the hard way. Halfway to Warlord at rank 13 there is little else I aim for when I PvP.

Please, by all means re-think this, we don't need more homogenization in this game. This slow decay seems like a gradual push out the door for the old guard.

Give others some deeds they can work for, heck, use deeds as a way to get players to play the way they should... rez deeds, healing deeds.
    [center]Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // [b][color=red]Akthuri r15 LM[/color][/b] // Vishus r5 Captain[/center]

There's something that I don't think a lot of healer/support classes are getting about the title.

If you're a class that has difficulty getting KBs, people know it, and getting KB deeds is even more of something to be proud of.

Besides, wanting merit for your actions should involve the implementation of new deeds, not the trivialization of current ones.

I hope turbine trashes this deed change nonsense, and instead concentrates on rewarding support, namely heals.

Since people can just farm to complete the deed, I always found the deed quite pointless. So really, I don't care one way or the other about this particular thing. That is all. Thankyou.

P.S. I would care if Turbine got rid of the farmers and actually gave the deed new meaning. Then, but only then would I care. Atm it's "meh"

pos idea, dont implement it.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast