We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

The Killing Blow...

Note: Bullroarer notes, subject to change.

Congratz Turbine.
    Completed: PvMP Slayer --- Tier I

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post

Monsterplay
    • Quests and Deeds that require the defeat of Players or Monster Players will now advance for all contributors, not just the player who dealt the final blow.
    These KB deeds are very meaningful to most. This will be the killing blow for our PvP. Don't make it happen.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

I get the feeling you haven't tried completing these quests and deeds on a creep healing class. It essentially comes down to being lucky in a group or raid, and most of the time you won't be.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Just another thing made worthless by turbine.

I may not have thousands of kbs on my warleader but each one makes me smile a bit, take the deeds away and there is really not a lot left to come back too.
    What is it? What do you smell?

I would rather have HoS at r12 on a defiler knowing I got all the kbs then some scrub heal tagger r12 to have the same if not better title from being a raid baby .
    ( R13 LM Savvii Arkenstone )( R13 Defiler Ghankstar Landroval )

Those who are unaware they are walking in darkness will never seek the light - Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by YOUNGGUIDO View Post
    I would rather have HoS at r12 on a defiler knowing I got all the kbs then some scrub heal tagger r12 to have the same if not better title from being a raid baby .
    I got Tormenter on my WL before r4! Was so proud of him...

But... You got HoS on a defiler?:O Or were you just implementing "if"? ^^
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

This is an awful idea. I don't have any of the class killing deeds completed yet, but at the moment (since all my stats are maxed out), it is a lovely goal to get them. Now every greenie, noob who ever comes to Ettens raid will have them completed, maybe even before me.
    It was a GOOD goal for us, now they took away another challange.. -.-
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190100001e4605/signature.png]Craisse[/charsig]

Turbine, allow us to keep at least 1 thing that stays pure and means something, you're killing me here.
    [center][color=red][size=3][color=gold]~[/color]Ittybitty, Reaver[color=gold]~[/color][/size]
    [size=1]Sexylegs, Rank [color=cyan]8[/color] Spider[/size]
    [size=1]Vic, Rank [color=cyan]7[/color] Defiler[/size][/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by YOUNGGUIDO View Post
    Just a humorous note: You can't be a raid baby creepside on Nimrodel because well... we have almost no creepside raids. For that matter, there's not many on freepside either.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Giliodor
    " I got Tormenter on my WL before r4! Was so proud of him...

But... You got HoS on a defiler?:O Or were you just implementing "if"? ^^ "

I am currently a few hundred kbs away from it and about 400k from r13 so should have it before hand .

SabrielofLorien
    " Just a humorous note: You can't be a raid baby creepside on Nimrodel because well... we have almost no creepside raids. For that matter, there's not many on freepside either. "

Seems like on my server we tend to get a bit of a zerg going either side :/ more or less the feeling of small group has been longfully dead . So I feel your pain my friend lol
    ( R13 LM Savvii Arkenstone )( R13 Defiler Ghankstar Landroval )

Those who are unaware they are walking in darkness will never seek the light - Bruce Lee

Just...no. Please. No, no, no, Turbine.

Impressive Turbine, truly impressive. What will you do next, auto rank everyone to r15 whenever they want?

'

On a serious note, if this goes through it'll most likely be end of an era for my lotro journey. You've put us through way too much bs already... And not going to go through more...
    Last edited by Galadhol; May 01 2013 at 05:35 PM.
    [img]http://s21.postimg.org/m5rkt85ef/signature.jpg[/img]

You really want to chase people away to play another game, don't you, Turbine?

The dev that thought of this clearly doesn't have a clue what the state of PvP is and how many old-time players are struggeling to keep playing despite fightclubbing, multiboxing....

... sad. Turbine. Sad.
    [B]Azshakh[/B], R12 Warleader
    [B]Memento Mori[/B], Laurelin
    [i]Glob-hai! Azshakh thrakatul azurz grush, skai![/i]
    Fool-folk! Azshakh bring them killing blow, gah!

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c010000168dd6/signature.png]Hakgash[/charsig]
    Karn Aanug [url]http://karn-aanug.mmoguildsites.com/[/url]

./longsigh

Dumb move. Bad move. Stupid move. Just ridiculous.

I CAN see this applying to quests, but to DEEDS!?!?!? We already have easy button deed advances from the store. But now Turbine is giving everyone who walks into the moors some of the most unique, and without a doubt most DIFFICULT titles in the game to acquire for very little effort.

Where do I sign for getting this changed?
    Vercetorix R12 Warden- Brandywine
    Epiales R9 Defiler- Elendilmir; Johnthefisherman R7 BA-WIndfola
    ~VT~

Why expand on creep's traits to allow defilers and warleaders to do meaningful dps at the expense of healing when it costs less to changed kb deeds to rat deeds?

My kbs mean a lot to me...please don't make them all worthless.

*Weeping*
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

On the one hand this is going to end up a funny mistake that's quickly forgotten. The outcry will make it vanish.

But on the other hand, it is really sad. This clearly shows how absolutely removed the people making the game are from their actual players. I mean, it's as if the developer is on the same level of ignorance as the L71 noob above who can only see the superficial "hey it means I get more points so it must be awesome!"

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude by using the terms "ignorance" and "noob", I simply use those terms to convey the absolute lack of experience and understanding in this context, because who could possibly ever even suggest something like this except somebody who hasn't ever played any meaningful amount of time in the moors and has no concept of why so many long time players would feel insulted?
    Sniz(defiler) / Johanson(cappy)

Quote Originally Posted by Galadhol View Post
    Impressive Turbine, truly impressive. What will you do next, auto rank everyone to r15 whenever they want?
    Renown/Infamy "pots" that gives 100,000/1,000,000/xxx per use. (Bought through the lotro store of course)

Also on a more serious note: Only quests. Don't touch those deeds. Let a killing blow stay as a killing blow.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0100000df242/signature.png]Bitinil[/charsig]

So the changes so far:

1. You get infamy/renown from quests.
    2. You are able to buy skills and brands.
    3. You are able to inflate your renown/infamy via keep/delving buffs
    4. You are now able to buy 100% renown/infamy buffs via TP
    5. Unless is a 1v1, you are better off being in a raid for infamy/renown.
    6. Now you might be able to get slayer deeds by zerging.

What's next?
    -Blessing of Mordirith/High King: You may progress to your next PvMP rank. Cost: #### TP

Thank You!

p.s. Sarcasm in case you didn't notice
    Last edited by fulred; May 02 2013 at 01:40 AM.

I welcome this change, as a Captain. It was really only a measurement of the skill/luck between ranged DPS classes.
    Beastwise - Captain, R15 | Shock and Awe | Gladden

Quote Originally Posted by Beastnas View Post
    I welcome this change, as a Captain. It was really only a measurement of the skill/luck between ranged DPS classes.
    I think you're missing the grand scheme of things here. It means these titles will be meaningless. Just random tokens of "Warm Body 12 Reporting For Duty My Lord!"

I know the pain of being a Captain (Played one since SoA, although now Captains are beasts), especially from in the past, about not getting KBs - but if anything that meant every KB I got I valued even more than the DPS classes.

For zerglings? Sure it was about luck, but forgive me if I don't appreciate the plight of that. At least that (KBs) gated them from getting /everything/. And no not all raids are about being zerglings, but the damage I've seen that mentality do over the years is very evident in everything the Ettenmoors has become.
    Last edited by errow; May 01 2013 at 07:11 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000015df2c/01008/signature.png]Ethurian[/charsig]
    [color="#ebd167"][b]Speed, Surprise and Violence of Action[/b][/color]
    [b]Sine Pari[/b]

OK, admit it, which one of you asked for this change?

Tbh i've just died a little on the inside.
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#cc0099]Jinxycat [/COLOR][/B][B]|[COLOR=#cc0099] Spinnerette
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#00ffff][SIZE=1][B]Inept Officer [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=1][B]|[/B][/SIZE][COLOR=#00ffff][SIZE=1][B] Creatures of the Fiery Kind[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Classic turbine.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Alex Hawke [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]- [COLOR=#00ffff]Karolina[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

6 Waterbank Road, Menellant, Falathlorn, Meneldor
    well...
    I used to look forward to the titles.
    xxx-slayer, etc.

after this change... what use?
    [CENTER]Whitestar Rangers : Meneldor : 7
    Four Horse men of the aPUGalypse : Landroval : 6
    And First of All, [B]Badfinn[/B] : Meneldor : One of the Few Remaining Male Weavers.[/CENTER]

yeah thats not ok. kb deeds are the only fun thing to really work for, after that what else is there? please do not do this, it will be like another death stroke to the moors. I understand the problem with healers and captains not doing very well getting kbs, but why hurt all the people that have been working up their kb deeds since SoA?
    Last edited by Hinamen; May 01 2013 at 08:44 PM.
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0000][URL="http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php"][IMG]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/0/1/7/9/0/5601790TdIBQ.png[/IMG][/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast