We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Need assistance with TRAITS - [Hunter]

Hey there chaps, as you see I made this post regarding TRAITS (Yes, I've looked few posts up but they don't answer my situation) therefor I need your guys assistance

To assist you I've retrieved few information to help in this decision.

I'm a person that's in a fellowship with my brother most of the time (He's a guardian so I do the DPS).
    I usually do quest/Skirmishes with him as instances when we have a healer.
    As you see I do fellowship stuff most of the times so I guess "RAIDING" traits is needed?

Anyways my stats right now WITH my traits.
    Virtual T:
    Valour, Zeal, Empathy, Compassion, Charity

Race T:
    Upper cut, Man of fourth age, Tactics and might bonus, Man Sword damage (To assist me if I get aggro a little).

Class T:
    Fast Draw, Swift and true, Barbered Fury, Earthborn.

Stats:
    http://my.lotro.com/home/character/Laurelin/Maglang

I'm LVL 34 to make a notice.

Thanks.

as i had been playing hunter for a few months now i have two preferences as to basic stats and they are agility and fate. as such i have determination, tolerance and idealism in use. to help me with my staying power i had added innocence and honor to add onto mitigation and resistance.

for race traits i have: friend of man, elf bow damage bonus, and eldar's grace.

for class traits: swift and true, hail of arrows, barbed fury, shot through the heart, and critical eye.

legendary: bard's arrow, bow of the righteous, and rain of thorns

hope that helps you decide
    Last edited by Learner; May 01 2013 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwandy View Post
    I'm a person that's in a fellowship with my brother most of the time (He's a guardian so I do the DPS).
    I usually do quest/Skirmishes with him as instances when we have a healer.
    As you see I do fellowship stuff most of the times so I guess "RAIDING" traits is needed?

Anyways my stats right now WITH my traits.
    Virtual T:
    Valour, Zeal, Empathy, Compassion, Charity

Race T:
    Upper cut, Man of fourth age, Tactics and might bonus, Man Sword damage (To assist me if I get aggro a little).

Class T:
    Fast Draw, Swift and true, Barbered Fury, Earthborn.

Stats:
    http://my.lotro.com/home/character/Laurelin/Maglang

I'm LVL 34 to make a notice.

Thanks.
    It's great that you're playing with a guardian, so that he can learn very early how to take aggro away from you.

Your virtues a very good, solid mix. I favor resistance/mitigation builds with virtues, since you don't get a lot of those from other sources.

I can't speak to man virtues, but I'd make sure you're wearing swords for that damage bonus.

As for traits, I favor a 5 blue- 2 red build, especially at times when you're the primary source of damage, like when you're talking about. It reduces your induction times, builds focus quickly, and when you get the blue capstone, it will give you a nice buff that allows you to do some damage on the move. In instances when you need to quickly start dps, it's essential, instead of having to build off of slower inductions. It's a build that relies heavily on crits, so keep an eye on your critical rating when it comes to picking up items.

The 4 blue traits I use in a raiding situation are: Deadly Precison (for additional focus), Swift Recovery (to keep Needful Haste up and have power backups from Intent Concentration), Strong Draw, and Deep Concentration. The fifth blue trait depends on your situation - in raids I use Resolute Aim, so that if I'm getting hit, my inductions aren't set back. However, you might also be able to choose Arrow Storm for Rain of Arrows spam.

The two red traits I pick up are Fast Draw and Barbed Fury. However, anything that you choose is going to increase your dps. For Rain of Arrows spam, you can pick up Hail of Arrows in this case.

That's generally the build I go for. I'm sure a lot of people could argue the merits of red vs. blue, but I've found 5 Blue is the most flexible build to use between every situation.

Your stats are good for a person of your level. For a levelling hunter, my use of armor goes agility-vitality>crit>morale>fate>powe r>will. Anything else is pretty useless, unless it has mitigations. The armor until after Moria is going to have a wide variety of stats.

Of course, the best build is the one that works for you. Don't let anyone bully you into using a certain trait setup. Hunters are currently very flexible between blue and red builds, and there are merits for using either one. What works best is what you're comfortable with.

Thanks for the suggestions currently; I've mixed it a bit as I'm focusing onto Agility + Vitality then fate as I am low level but getting more aggro, I loose HP rather fast ^^
    I'm currently interested in having 3 red and 4 blue or 3 blue 4 red, depends how my gear set up will be!
    I am still un sure about race + legendary