We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    The Shire or Bree or Rivendell or, etc. When you're saving Middle Earth ya never know.
    Okay, all building ideas equal crazy awesome!

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Thanks for the support guys! Feel free to add on what you think I missed(Even other areas). I need to finish working on building Edhelion!!! Haha!
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Rebuilding Edhelion

More quests!

Backstory: What of the homes of Edhelion! Elves from around Middle Earth have come from afar, but they can't keep living in Thorin's Hall! Rebuild the houses by gathering the materials, preparing the support, and defending the workers!
    -Objective 1: Gather stone from Silver Deep Mine(0/25)
    -Gather lumber carts from the Combe Lumber Camp(0/3)
    -Gather cement from Bree(0/10)
    -Gather nails from Esteldin(0/25)
    -Gather steel and iron from Thorin's Hall(0/30)
    -Objective 2: Organize the materials at a home(You can choose between the homes)
    -Objective 3: Talk to Elranos.
    -Objective 4(Instance): Patrol the worksite(1:00 Minute)
    -Objective 5: Defend the workers(2:00 Minutes)
    -Objective 6: Talk to Elranos.

wow From what I read I like the idea I actually have a few questions about it why archet? secondly have you though of rewards for doing all the quests like for instance maybe a travel skill to travel to archets craft hall once it is fixed and the ability to use the crafting centers ya helped build?

Quote Originally Posted by Zepherzaper View Post
    wow From what I read I like the idea I actually have a few questions about it why archet? secondly have you though of rewards for doing all the quests like for instance maybe a travel skill to travel to archets craft hall once it is fixed and the ability to use the crafting centers ya helped build?
    Read the thread, I mentioned rewards.

I chose archet because it's been burned for 7 years.

And yea, that was the idea of building the craft centers.

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    Read the thread, I mentioned rewards.

I chose archet because it's been burned for 7 years.

And yea, that was the idea of building the craft centers.
    It stays burnt once you leave intro wow. I have not really returned to the area after the intro. so I did not know that.

I love the idea of rebuilding archet, I'd go back at 95 (or whatever level) and do it on one character at least, just for fun without armour rewards - I like the idea of cosmetics, housing decorations, emotes and titles better than gear.

I don't think it's a good idea to put a grind-type quest chain into the game as a way of getting armour for early levels, I actually think this would discourage new players, you level so quickly that spending even a week to get a level 20 set of armour would be a time waster in my opinion. And if you have level adjustable rewards, is there something to stop a player getting the level 20 set and then the level 30 set and then the level 40 set and so on?

But as a filler/fluff activity I would rebuild a lot of the war damaged places around the map during quiet times.
    [CENTER][URL="http://s219.photobucket.com/user/janedoh/media/acb6211b-3611-4ef7-a363-89af5eb3ac2a_zps68a662b0.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc230/janedoh/aa65dbd5-2729-419e-8e59-200715eda72e_zpsc3b2349a.jpg?t=1413377483[/IMG][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

This is an awesome Idea, giving back to Archet would be great due to the fact they start you on your journey! Whether or not you get armor rewards out of it doesn't matter to me IMO, but it would be great seeing as there is zero endgame armor for us now. Something cool would be men and hobbits do Archet, dwarves and elves do Edhellion. That way it follows the intro. Consider this /signed by me

I do like the idea of rebuilding Archet, though I think it should be done by level-locked segments, Like first segment of the rebuild series begins at 20. Second series starts at 40, & then again at 60, & then at 80, and so on... with each segment or series of the rebuild offering level-relevant rewards (a title for each series completed, perhaps guild recipes relevant to respective guilds could be earned, or armor/jewelry/weapon rewards... I don't know, but the point would be that as you grow in the game you get to see Archet & it's citizens grow as well, giving the player a returning sense of community as they level up.

They could layer it like Hytbold I suppose, though I think Hytbold was seen as a failure by many because there was never any real reason to ever return there once it was rebuilt (no auctions halls or no vault keeps there & only swift travel to areas in East Rohan pretty much relegates it to a ghost town before it's even begun.)

Personally I would like to see a rebuilt Archet stable master that allows you to swift travel to your personal house neighborhood (& back) at low level, & then at later level to your kin house neighborhood (& back) as that would make the newly rebuilt Archet a repeated point of travel & besides.....it would be like ...TOTALLY FREAKING AWSOME!

Grimsin

Has any thought been given to a rebuild archet questline yet :P

Now if they could do that and give me a fancy cloak and a new title as a reward when you finally rebuild it, that would be great. Maybe have a title that is "Builder" or "Craftsman" of Archet(or Bree, or some other title). The cloak could display the Wild Boar (Breeland symbol).

What levels would the questline for this run? I'm thinking level 6-8? That way they can still be able to travel to Combe and be right on level for those quests.

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    Has any thought been given to a rebuild archet questline yet :P
    Within the Middle Earth timeline currently. It is not possible to rebuild Archet. Bree, Breeland and Archet are enemy occupied currently. The steady disintegration of the civil authority is what prevents Archet from being rebuilt sooner. The destruction of Archet is the beginning of a a sequence of really really bad events in this area.

I do not believe there is any possibility of a rebuild until after the ring is destroyed. The rangers, the fellowship members like Sam and us return. We are battle hardened from all our activities in Dunland, Moria, Rohan and Gondor. Now it time to sweep out all this scum in Bree, Breeland, Archet, Combe, The Shire ...
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

/signed...with reservations.

This is a good idea. There are several challenges that would need to be overcome before this could happen...but happen it could. ["if" Turbine can pull it off]

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Within the Middle Earth timeline currently. It is not possible to rebuild Archet. Bree, Breeland and Archet are enemy occupied currently. The steady disintegration of the civil authority is what prevents Archet from being rebuilt sooner. The destruction of Archet is the beginning of a a sequence of really really bad events in this area.

I do not believe there is any possibility of a rebuild until after the ring is destroyed. The rangers, the fellowship members like Sam and us return. We are battle hardened from all our activities in Dunland, Moria, Rohan and Gondor. Now it time to sweep out all this scum in Bree, Breeland, Archet, Combe, The Shire ...
    The Sutcrofts are more "enemy occupied" than Breeland is. So that seems a weak justification. I, too, think it would add entertainment value if there were more Hytbold-like tasks in the game (not necessarily Archet and I know some people hate the whole Hytbold thing with a passion).

I really like this idea actually. Although I feel like it would probably need to wait until after the War of the Ring is over. Maybe we can do some tiny rebuilding or at least make places for folks to temporarily stay. I have always felt that we need to bury those caskets in a cemetary and start to rebuild The Mad Badger Inn amongst other things. I would be willing to revisit Archet again. We could eventually get a some cosmetic item like Cloak of the Mad Badger for rep items or even with just a questline to rebuild it. [As you can see I like badgers.]
    The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Landroval
    Eirithdiel and Molee
    Warders of the Weald and Bounders of the Shire

This idea is great yet it is obvious to me that it has been on here for almost 2 years and has not been added which is sad it probably will not be added so good idea left in the dust because of the fact the developers don't want to make it sounds sad to me if it does ever get added it will be a surprise to me and almost every other gamer because it has been left to die so to speak. anyway I am not being mean I am just pointing out that it most likely will not happen it being on here for so long without a gm or any other official person posting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zepherzaper View Post
    This idea is great yet it is obvious to me that it has been on here for almost 2 years and has not been added which is sad it probably will not be added so good idea left in the dust because of the fact the developers don't want to make it sounds sad to me if it does ever get added it will be a surprise to me and almost every other gamer because it has been left to die so to speak. anyway I am not being mean I am just pointing out that it most likely will not happen it being on here for so long without a gm or any other official person posting on it.
    Two things, here. 1. Burned Archet is still in the same place it was in that timeline, where we are now in mid-March 3019, TA in Gondor. 2. Rebuilding Archet, as a phased thing, would be set in 3020, TA, where we would be after the Scouring of the Shire events. Since we have not gotten there yet, it makes no sense, to me, to add a 'Rebuild Archet' phase right now.

Arguing against that is that the Bree revamp let that poor woodchopper rest; but even then, Bree as set is still in September 3018, TA.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post

I don't think this will ever happen no nor do i want it, tho if ever I'm sure would have story line to Rebuild archet I mean after the ring is destroyed you think some men would want to fix there town after driving out last of orcs and brigands, well look at hytbold in the middle of Rohan ready for war and folks want Rebuild it
    Pontin Level 105 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden

Resurrecting this thread because I think it's important. This could make a great quest line and I think it should really be considered, even if it ends up being something that doesn't happen until after Mordor. The devs say they look at this sub forum, so perhaps they will actually take this to heart? MadeOfLions? You write great stories, I think you could really make something of this!

Quote Originally Posted by katia0203 View Post
    Resurrecting this thread because I think it's important. This could make a great quest line and I think it should really be considered, even if it ends up being something that doesn't happen until after Mordor. The devs say they look at this sub forum, so perhaps they will actually take this to heart? MadeOfLions? You write great stories, I think you could really make something of this!
    Heh, maybe Bingo Boffin will get bored of adventuring and help in the reconstruction of Archet.
    /signed; I don't care how it's done, I just want to see Archet rebuilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainshade View Post
    Heh, maybe Bingo Boffin will get bored of adventuring and help in the reconstruction of Archet.
    /signed; I don't care how it's done, I just want to see Archet rebuilt.
    It's just sad to see it all burned up after all these years!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4