We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 96
  1. #51
    awesome!!
    maby as part of the epic story of helm's deep, at the end of all the fighting in rohan when we get to lvl 95 and get a mail from john breckenrock? you know, a lot of epics done together, like in tal methedras preperations.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    4 Chalk Road, Nettlevale
    Posts
    1,619

    Smile


    Whether implemented or not, rebuilding Archet (in the beginning or at end-game, ie. true end-game) is a good idea; so is rebuilding Trestlebridge

    If the game ever survives beyond the destruction of the Ring, rebuilding efforts in the Shire, Gondor, Fornost & Annûminas would be nice epilogues. I don't think we'll ever get to see Dale/Erebor or Northern Mirkwood though (almost explicitly stated otherwise).
    ​​
    Last edited by Urwendil; May 08 2013 at 02:01 AM.
    Kibilturg; Watchers of Elendil (Landroval) & Tarciryan Knights (Crickhollow)
    RIP Imladris

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    451
    I like it too. I just wonder how much work it would take to implement phasing quests that are level scaled as well, and if Turbine is up the the challenge. I finished Hytbold on my main, but probably won't finish it on other characters (what's the point??). I would probably do these quests on my main at least.
    Lethareth, the Celebratory

  4. #54
    maby we can have epilogues for every starter place(doesn't matter races, everyone will do all the epilogues) afte the destruction of the ring?rebuilding archet, then helping the elves in ered luin to finaly leave middle earth, do some forgeing or fighting or something in thorin's gater and help frodo and the other hobbits when they retuen to the shire. maby we can also rebuild annuminas and nan curunir. this would be awesome.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    583
    This idea is not bad, but it can be expanded upon. You see, there are other areas throughout Bree-Land which could also be rebuilt. Adso's Camp could use a make-over too. I feel sorry for the guys there who have been building the place for, what, 6 years? It would be good to help out, but the question is not what: but how? It's very easy to reach level 24 in Bree-Land just by questing, and most players might skip rebuilding Archet/Adso's Camp altogether. An idea such as this could be implemented through the completion of instances such as the Great Barrow and other related instances that involve fighting evil, in order to secure such an effort.
    [CENTER][I]Mephistopholes - Level 100 Champion (Focus: Tank)
    ~Never Alone~[/I][/CENTER]

  6. #56
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    286
    I like the overall suggestion of rebuilding Archet. The quests you listed in the first couple posts are nice.

    I think that having gear rewards would be to much. Being able to get new gear here every 10 levels would make allot of the gear currently available not needed. There would be just to many options. I really like the idea of crafting rewards.

    A couple of suggestions to add:
    • Quests do not give xp. Only rep. This would allow you to do the rebuild whenever you want without overleveling the existing content.
    • Rewards are limited to Titles, Cosmetics, Housing items and crafting items.
    • As you rebuild the town you gain different daily quests/instances that gives crafting mats. Just like the craft quests in Hytbold, only there would be one for each tier of crafting.
    Arkenstone

    Guardian of the Free Peoples & Bree Land Brewing Company


    Dobraine - Warden l Dobriana - Rune Keeper
    Dobrion - Burglar l Dobralia - Minstrel
    Shiona - Lore Master l Dobriel - Captain
    Cruxius - Guardian l Nephilym - Warden
    Arcamedes - Rune Keeper l Yukiri - Hunter

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    583
    Quote Originally Posted by stockboy View Post
    I like the overall suggestion of rebuilding Archet. The quests you listed in the first couple posts are nice.

    I think that having gear rewards would be to much. Being able to get new gear here every 10 levels would make allot of the gear currently available not needed. There would be just to many options. I really like the idea of crafting rewards.

    A couple of suggestions to add:
    • Quests do not give xp. Only rep. This would allow you to do the rebuild whenever you want without overleveling the existing content.
    • Rewards are limited to Titles, Cosmetics, Housing items and crafting items.
    • As you rebuild the town you gain different daily quests/instances that gives crafting mats. Just like the craft quests in Hytbold, only there would be one for each tier of crafting.
    1. If the quests don't offer xp, players are less likely going to complete them. It implies that rebuilding Archet is for end-level players, rather than all. I think the quests should scale with level and should offer xp/item xp/reputation/money/relevant rewards;

    2. The rewards should be enough to make a player continue completing such quests; I say have each quest reward a certain currency which can be used to barter gear. I wouldn't mind skirmish marks;

    3. Agreed. This suggestion should be enough to allow players to continue rebuilding efforts.
    [CENTER][I]Mephistopholes - Level 100 Champion (Focus: Tank)
    ~Never Alone~[/I][/CENTER]

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    12,980
    Quote Originally Posted by stockboy View Post
    I like the overall suggestion of rebuilding Archet. The quests you listed in the first couple posts are nice.

    I think that having gear rewards would be to much. Being able to get new gear here every 10 levels would make allot of the gear currently available not needed. There would be just to many options. I really like the idea of crafting rewards.
    Particularly since -- other than us old-timers who haven't seen the inside of Archet in some time -- any gear we got would (unless bound-to-account) be utterly useless.

    A couple of suggestions to add:
    • Quests do not give xp. Only rep. This would allow you to do the rebuild whenever you want without overleveling the existing content.
    • Rewards are limited to Titles, Cosmetics, Housing items and crafting items.
    • As you rebuild the town you gain different daily quests/instances that gives crafting mats. Just like the craft quests in Hytbold, only there would be one for each tier of crafting.
    Rep with whom? A whole new faction? or would it add to Bree rep?

    Give the player character a choice of what crafting mats to receive. Tier 1 crafting mats would be very cool, particularly for low-level Scholars who have the devil of a time finding any on the landscape. (The ruins outside Adso's Camp used to yield Tier 1 mats; now they give Tier 2. I cannot imagine why Turbine did that, and I said so at the time.)

    But it would be a lot of fun. High time we did something about Archet, even if we didn't get anything out of it but the satisfaction of a good deed well done.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Posts
    3,359
    Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Particularly since -- other than us old-timers who haven't seen the inside of Archet in some time -- any gear we got would (unless bound-to-account) be utterly useless.



    Rep with whom? A whole new faction? or would it add to Bree rep?

    Give the player character a choice of what crafting mats to receive. Tier 1 crafting mats would be very cool, particularly for low-level Scholars who have the devil of a time finding any on the landscape. (The ruins outside Adso's Camp used to yield Tier 1 mats; now they give Tier 2. I cannot imagine why Turbine did that, and I said so at the time.)

    But it would be a lot of fun. High time we did something about Archet, even if we didn't get anything out of it but the satisfaction of a good deed well done.
    It could be both rep factions if you think... A new one would be nice considering that Archet has a militia and builders. Just my opinion though.
    ~Glor
    (That's right, I'm still here)
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore
    ____________________________

    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Posts
    3,359
    Quote Originally Posted by stockboy View Post
    [*]As you rebuild the town you gain different daily quests/instances that gives crafting mats. Just like the craft quests in Hytbold, only there would be one for each tier of crafting.[/LIST]
    This is probably my favorite idea I have seen posted here so far(and I wrote out a lot of ideas, haha). I really like the crafting quests in Hytbolt... Let's just hope they don't take an hour timer for some people!
    ~Glor
    (Still stalking forums!)
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore
    ____________________________

    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Posts
    3,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephistophelis View Post
    This idea is not bad, but it can be expanded upon. You see, there are other areas throughout Bree-Land which could also be rebuilt. Adso's Camp could use a make-over too. I feel sorry for the guys there who have been building the place for, what, 6 years? It would be good to help out, but the question is not what: but how? It's very easy to reach level 24 in Bree-Land just by questing, and most players might skip rebuilding Archet/Adso's Camp altogether. An idea such as this could be implemented through the completion of instances such as the Great Barrow and other related instances that involve fighting evil, in order to secure such an effort.
    i was also considering Edhellion(Did I spell that right?), which is next to Thorin's Hall... I hate going there and seeing ruins... Would be nice to see it rebuilt as well! As for Trestlebridge and Adso's Camp, I would love to build those... Irritates me to see it takes two years to hammer in a nail(I'm talking to you builder!)... Lol. Anyone have some other ideas about areas in need of a player-made rebuild?
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore
    ____________________________

    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    78
    Considering that after the King returns, that will be what we will be needed for, I think it would be FUN!
    We can get a bit of a head start; especially with those nasty Southrons lurking around Bree. We might even be called to collect refugees from Bree in the winter that the brigands try to burn them out of the Prancing pony.

    6 years of watching them nail in the same boards in Archet; time to finish it!
    Why yes, I do remember the 1950's. Nuf said :)

  13. #63
    The idea is a good one, and as long as the grind is only a week or two it should be short enough to be manageable. The rewards on the other hand desperately need work.

    So what would be valid rewards? Anything that is not level-bound. And by that I mean any type of statted armor, weapons

    So what would make this worth it for ME? Keeping in mind I have 9 characters between level 15 and 85?

    Completion grants access (with port!) to a crafting hall a la Galtrev. Like Galtrev, have all the guild halls in a room off to the side, and require guild membership for entry (So that players still need to make at least one trip to the home of the guild before entry)
    (One time reward, no daily quests when complete)

    Completion gives access to dailies for a small number of Mithril Coins (say 2-4 per day). For a F2P member with 2 character slots, that is 4-8 total per day, but it gets players in the habit of using the coins, but not enough that they will never need/want to buy more.
    Granted, for someone like me with 9 characters it means I could get 18-36 MC per day, but assuming 15 minutes to do the daily quests for each toon it would take me over 2 hours per day. It might be a problem though, I might actually use the lottery occasionally.

    Completion gives access to a room with a per-account instance... and a storage chest. Ideally, make the server load lighter by only allowing non-bound crafting ingredients. Naturally, there would need to be 60+ slots, and a somewhat easy way to get there to make it worthwhile. I am not sure how much server load would be saved by the item restriction, but surely it would be much lighter then house chests/bank vaults/inventory bags, since it is only capable of holding a few hundred types of items, and no information is needed except quantity, which would need to be a few thousand to support mass farming/cooking. (Bonus idea: Make a VIP or MC perk that enables a deposit service in major areas, for one-way deposits of crafting supplies. Just select the tab at the vault keeper for crafting deposit. Keep it a one-way deposit to reduce load, since it means forethought to retrieve items)

    Completion unlocks a skirmish (at level 20)

    Completion unlocks a game arena, with crafting materials/boosts as prizes for playing. Games could include a freeze tag dungeon (that you don't need to ride a long ways for), A water-balloon fight (Perhaps sponges would be better, to avoid being quite so 21st century), a platforming skill room (like Eaworth beacon and tower walk), a prank arena (Give everyone a sneak clicky, and a few pranks to use without being noticed... a burg training area

    No reputation grind please. And no TP reward, so that it can be cheaper.
    Naturally, an effort on this scale needs to be monetized, as in VIP or purchase, but keep in mind the relative value needs to be in place.
    Access to a crafting storage chest would be worth up to 500TP to me (Not any more then that given the restriction of a 12 day grind on 9 characters before access)
    A skirmish? Those are priced at 200TP.

    Mithril Coins? Given the additional monitization more then 100-200tp would feel like a rip off
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000aea6e/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Posts
    3,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikerin View Post
    The idea is a good one, and as long as the grind is only a week or two it should be short enough to be manageable. The rewards on the other hand desperately need work.

    So what would be valid rewards? Anything that is not level-bound. And by that I mean any type of statted armor, weapons

    So what would make this worth it for ME? Keeping in mind I have 9 characters between level 15 and 85?

    Completion grants access (with port!) to a crafting hall a la Galtrev. Like Galtrev, have all the guild halls in a room off to the side, and require guild membership for entry (So that players still need to make at least one trip to the home of the guild before entry)
    (One time reward, no daily quests when complete)

    Completion gives access to dailies for a small number of Mithril Coins (say 2-4 per day). For a F2P member with 2 character slots, that is 4-8 total per day, but it gets players in the habit of using the coins, but not enough that they will never need/want to buy more.
    Granted, for someone like me with 9 characters it means I could get 18-36 MC per day, but assuming 15 minutes to do the daily quests for each toon it would take me over 2 hours per day. It might be a problem though, I might actually use the lottery occasionally.

    Completion gives access to a room with a per-account instance... and a storage chest. Ideally, make the server load lighter by only allowing non-bound crafting ingredients. Naturally, there would need to be 60+ slots, and a somewhat easy way to get there to make it worthwhile. I am not sure how much server load would be saved by the item restriction, but surely it would be much lighter then house chests/bank vaults/inventory bags, since it is only capable of holding a few hundred types of items, and no information is needed except quantity, which would need to be a few thousand to support mass farming/cooking. (Bonus idea: Make a VIP or MC perk that enables a deposit service in major areas, for one-way deposits of crafting supplies. Just select the tab at the vault keeper for crafting deposit. Keep it a one-way deposit to reduce load, since it means forethought to retrieve items)

    Completion unlocks a skirmish (at level 20)

    Completion unlocks a game arena, with crafting materials/boosts as prizes for playing. Games could include a freeze tag dungeon (that you don't need to ride a long ways for), A water-balloon fight (Perhaps sponges would be better, to avoid being quite so 21st century), a platforming skill room (like Eaworth beacon and tower walk), a prank arena (Give everyone a sneak clicky, and a few pranks to use without being noticed... a burg training area

    No reputation grind please. And no TP reward, so that it can be cheaper.
    Naturally, an effort on this scale needs to be monetized, as in VIP or purchase, but keep in mind the relative value needs to be in place.
    Access to a crafting storage chest would be worth up to 500TP to me (Not any more then that given the restriction of a 12 day grind on 9 characters before access)
    A skirmish? Those are priced at 200TP.

    Mithril Coins? Given the additional monitization more then 100-200tp would feel like a rip off
    This is just fun work, not an expansion... No offence, some of these ideas I like, some make it feel like an expansion... Just my opinion, sorry.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore
    ____________________________

    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

  15. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    This is just fun work, not an expansion... No offence, some of these ideas I like, some make it feel like an expansion... Just my opinion, sorry.
    Understood, and I know where you are coming from.
    Unfortunately while it is a fun idea, it is a massive undertaking for Turbine to undertake. Rebuilding Archet (like Hytbold) requires developing a small town (The details of which are currently fairly undefined). And not just a static development, but developing many interrelated textures and different states. That takes time, which is money, which must be justified.

    It would be difficult to justify, given that:
    You cannot tie it back to the epic.
    You cannot insert level 85 mobs to provide a challenge (without some significant work for MoL on the lore side).
    It requires a new currency (if it is anything like Hytbold)
    It needs to generate real money (to pay for development)
    It needs to have an incentive, a reason for players to participate. (What my post was focused on)

    I have 9 characters on my main account, on Dwarrowdelf. I do not like grind.
    I just completed Hytbold on my main, I will not be doing it again. My other characters still do dailies (occasionally) but it is for rep and to turn the tokens into Riddermark tokens, since those have ongoing use.

    Archet rebuilding is something that all 9 of my characters could do (based on the level of the area)
    Lets say doing the dailies consumes 20 minutes per character, for 10 days.

    If I get an hour a day of time to play, that means over 1 month to get the rewards for all toons. If I don't get to play EVERY DAY, that time is greatly extended. That time is time I am not participating in kin instances. If my kin needs me to do OD for 6 hours, I don't have time to do dailies. It takes me longer.

    I am not alone in that opinion, many of my kin mates also hate grinding. It needs to be worthwhile, but at the same time it cannot be a requirement for instances. Best-in-slot items? For grinding in a level 7 area? Just say no.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000aea6e/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Posts
    3,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikerin View Post
    Understood, and I know where you are coming from.
    Unfortunately while it is a fun idea, it is a massive undertaking for Turbine to undertake. Rebuilding Archet (like Hytbold) requires developing a small town (The details of which are currently fairly undefined). And not just a static development, but developing many interrelated textures and different states. That takes time, which is money, which must be justified.

    It would be difficult to justify, given that:
    You cannot tie it back to the epic.
    You cannot insert level 85 mobs to provide a challenge (without some significant work for MoL on the lore side).
    It requires a new currency (if it is anything like Hytbold)
    It needs to generate real money (to pay for development)
    It needs to have an incentive, a reason for players to participate. (What my post was focused on)

    I have 9 characters on my main account, on Dwarrowdelf. I do not like grind.
    I just completed Hytbold on my main, I will not be doing it again. My other characters still do dailies (occasionally) but it is for rep and to turn the tokens into Riddermark tokens, since those have ongoing use.

    Archet rebuilding is something that all 9 of my characters could do (based on the level of the area)
    Lets say doing the dailies consumes 20 minutes per character, for 10 days.

    If I get an hour a day of time to play, that means over 1 month to get the rewards for all toons. If I don't get to play EVERY DAY, that time is greatly extended. That time is time I am not participating in kin instances. If my kin needs me to do OD for 6 hours, I don't have time to do dailies. It takes me longer.

    I am not alone in that opinion, many of my kin mates also hate grinding. It needs to be worthwhile, but at the same time it cannot be a requirement for instances. Best-in-slot items? For grinding in a level 7 area? Just say no.
    I understand they will need money, but you don't need to make it an expansion. Also, it's fun, optional work, and doesn't have to be done. You twisted what I said into me saying it's mandatory to be the best. It's not. It's just for fun, and just to see the residents of my home town happy, and with a home!
    ~Glor
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore
    ____________________________

    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New-Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by thinx View Post
    Nice idea.
    Personally I did not like Hytbold, as to my opinion it was time gated grinding.
    I like this suggestion better, as it is more concentrated on *really* rebuilding a town instead of killing the same dozen enemies for 200 times. (EDIT: at least the first couple of quests) I also would not really care for loot, as a good story line is enough reward in this case. Maybe use something like chests or gift boxes matching player level, so this problem would be solved.

    Some more thoughts:
    • There could be a server-wide effort to build something. The reward could be unlocking a server-wide quest chain or an instance. This could include crafting and also low-level players and resources, so all people, independant of level, could take part.
    • Areas like Hytbold could be multilayered. A last quest could open the final layer, where everything is completed - this way they could have less lag.
    • Finished towns should be ingame hubs like Bree, 21st Hall, Galtrev, Stangard or Snowbourn. Having an incomplete town like Hytbold does not feel like a reward. Basically I am not visiting the rebuilt town unless I am picking up quests for coins or doing crafting instances. If we rebuilt it, we should populate it.
    • There might be even instance areas where highlevels and lowlevels have to work together to achieve something. Imagine something like protecting people rebuilding a defensive structure that needs to be finished within a fixed time.
    -I really like the idea of high levels and low levels working together. I became a bit sadistic and thought of ways that low levels can be used as live bait while the medium class levels hustle to rebuild a gate and the high levels shingshing at goblins and pewpew at drakes. Something to that effect.
    -The low levels would have to run at the uglies and they would pick them up and take them to their camp, then the high levels would need to look for the camp, fight the uglies, escort the lowbies back to the main camp, where the middle levels, after they build a camp from scratch with stuff from surrounding forests, tend to the lowbies' imaginary wounds with med-kits (like in one of the hytbold instances in Garsfeld[I think])
    Or or or one where the high levels have weakened skills (-75% dps and melee) and have to fight lower level mobs that deal a lot of damage and the little'uns would need to protect them.

    Whatever.
    Owner of the (imaginary)Canadian Zeds kinship on Crickhollow and member of the Brotherhood of the Wolves, also on Crickhollow.

    May Chauncy, the brave RK-tank rest in peace in the West.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Posts
    3,359
    I should have more ideas flooding the post this weekend! ^.^
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore
    ____________________________

    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    24

    Wink

    It's an amazing idea, very creative and a good opportunity to travel around, level up, get new deeds, titles, rewards, simply extraordinary! Speaking of rewards, I love your ideas for the jewellery, weapons and armour

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Posts
    3,359

    Rebuilding Edhelion

    If you have been up to Edhelion, this will seem confusing, but all elves have seen the downfall in the introduction cutscene, and the introduction quests...
    Backstory: For hundreds of years, the city of Edhelion has been left in ruin. Tokens of hope has been found deep within the rubble, and the elves begin to wonder if these are a sign. They begin to gather the materials to build the small city back to it's former glory. The hero(Your character) of Archet has received the message of Edhelion's rebuild and has been recruited into helping the city. Together, the people of Edhelion know they will thrive.

    Quests:
    -A Diamond In the Dirt
    Backstory: As you arrive in Edhelion, an elf by the name of Elranos greets you. He asks you to show yourself around the city, and take survey on what needs to be done.
    -Objective One: Inspect the first gate
    -Inspect the central hall
    -Inspect the stairwell leading to the upper level
    -Inspect the gate to the North East
    -Objective Two: Find some of these "Hopeful tokens"
    -Objective Three: Return to Elranos to finish the tour.
    ______________________________ ______________________________ ___
    -Knocking at the Stone Door
    Backstory: The elves have asked for you to speak with Dwalin, the leader of the long-beards in Thorin's Hall. You are to speak with him about attending a council to discuss Edhelion's revival. You must persuade him to assist you, no matter what.
    -Objective One: Speak to Dwalin on Thorin's Throne.
    -Objective Two: Convince Dwalin to attend the council.
    -Speak to Dwalin
    -Speak to Dwalin
    -Objective Three: Attend the council in the secret dwarf meeting room.
    -Speak to the elves about how they feel
    -Objective Four: -Convince the dwarves to help rebuild
    -Objective Five: Speak to Elranos to leave the meeting
    ______________________________ ______________________________ ____
    -Forging Alliances
    Backstory: The dwarves will only truly form an alliance if you are able to help them as well. Right now, they are in need of Forge-Workers and Metal-Haulers. Prove your worth by crafting one-of-a-kind ingots and delivering them to the dwarves that needed them. You will only have a short time, as a true Forge-Master needs to be fast, yet perfect.
    Objective One: Head to the Forge-Hall of Thorin's Hall.
    Objective Two(Timer begins countdown from 20 minutes): Craft Dwalin's Iron Wrought Ingot.
    -Craft Skogi's Steel Wrought Ingot
    -Repair Wegeir's Mithril Ingot
    -Craft Gyllir's Silver/Gold Ingot
    -Craft Kaupi's Barrow-Iron Ingot
    Objective Three: Deliver the ingots to the correct person.
    Objective Four: Speak to Dwalin before time runs out
    ______________________________ ______________________________ ______
    A Mournful March
    Backstory: Elves have come from everywhere in Eriador to assist in rebuilding Edhelion. Some of them were there when Edhelion fell, so returning will be a mournful experience. You may need to stop every now and them to comfort a few elves.
    -Objective 1: Meet the elves at Thorin's Gate.
    -Objective 2: Lead the elves to the front gate at Edhelion.
    -Objective 3: Comfort Celethuil
    -Comfort Ulhad
    -Comfort Thurinbor
    -Objective 4: Lead the elves to the central hall of Edhelion.
    -Objective 5: Comfort Finras
    -Comfort Aegadan
    -Comfort Finphor
    -Objective 6: Talk to Elranos at the central hall to finish the tour.
    ______________________________ ______________________________ __________
    More to come of "Rebuilding Edhelion."
    Then maybe I can move on to some other places?
    ~Glorgnorbor
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore
    ____________________________

    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Posts
    3,359
    More to come this weekend~Again~
    ~Glor
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore
    ____________________________

    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Posts
    3,359
    Going to start a new thread... "Rebuilding Middle Earth"
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore
    ____________________________

    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

  23. #73
    I like these rebuilding ideas.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000008168d/01004/signature.png]Xy[/charsig]

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Shire or Bree or Rivendell or, etc. When you're saving Middle Earth ya never know.
    Posts
    104
    I so totally LOVE this idea!!! I have always thought that a quest line to rebuild Archet would be wonderful. The idea of new reputation factions is great. The above mentioned idea of a title is a really good idea. I'd like to see this idea implemented. It sounds challenging but fun. Besides, who doesn't like another place to earn rewards whether they are housing items, cosmetics, armor, money, etc. Maybe there could be a special place in Archet after you get Ally with the reputation factions. Point being: This is a great idea!
    Hello, New Forums.

    Why isn't there a special part of the forums that just has to do with festivals or the candy jars at Turbine? I mean, that's all that's important right?

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Shire or Bree or Rivendell or, etc. When you're saving Middle Earth ya never know.
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
    I like it, too. Maybe we can really *earn* the title "Hero of Archet"!
    Awesome idea!
    Hello, New Forums.

    Why isn't there a special part of the forums that just has to do with festivals or the candy jars at Turbine? I mean, that's all that's important right?

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload