We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Dwarf-Warden

Dwarf-Warden

I apologize in advance for the English language. Google translate!
    I do not know whether such matters before, or not.
    Why not introduce a dwarf-Warden? What kind of discrimination short-legged architects and masters of combat? Why can not he Warden?
    # Hobbits, then, can and no dwarves? No matter it is! Dwarf-guild indignant (at least some).
    # In general, that's all. I would like, yet, the dwarf-Warden ((

I think the problem is Wardens are Agility based, and I don't really see Dwarves as being known for their agility. They are bricks, and as such the Might classes of Champion and Guardian fit their racial feel better.

Personally I think everyone should be able to be Captains, but that's another subject.

Quote Originally Posted by farquestor View Post
    I think the problem is Wardens are Agility based, and I don't really see Dwarves as being known for their agility. They are bricks, and as such the Might classes of Champion and Guardian fit their racial feel better.

Personally I think everyone should be able to be Captains, but that's another subject.
    HesusMariayJose. Only second post and I can here the buzzards circling. I'll delete the line about captains from my post if you do. Otherwise it will be the Zombie Apocalypse.
    Sig looked hideous so I sent it to its room. It can come back and
    show off after it has thought about what it did.

So what's the difference on the skill of the dwarves? They have the same power and importance. And dwarves have strength and resilience. If "Role-play", in what still a problem? I don't think the warden needs to tumble like a cracker.

I would really not want this. What's next? Hobbit lore masters?

The more you take away role playing choices the more the game becomes bland.

I usually don't take a stand on things but here I say /unsigned.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    [I][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#ffff00]Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

There are no dwarf wardens because the warden skill animations do not work with the dwarf body model. This was stated by Turbine. They did not have the resources to develop a dwarf warden when the warden was introduced.

Creating a dwarf warden now would mean taking time and money away from doing other things -- like fixing bugs and creating new content.

Quote Originally Posted by paebrain View Post
    There are no dwarf wardens because the warden skill animations do not work with the dwarf body model. This was stated by Turbine. They did not have the resources to develop a dwarf warden when the warden was introduced.
    One thing found out over the years is that some animations have racial and gender variations. Slap is one such example.

Turbine wants to enable an additional race for any existing class. Turbine would have to test and or create the racial and or gender specific animations for the class.

There may also be cases where the existing quests have to be updated to handle the situation of a dwarf warden.

One way to pay for all of the updates would be to make us buy the dwarf unlock for a warden.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by farquestor View Post

So a dwarf hunter is what then?
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Dwarf Warden

Quote Originally Posted by paebrain View Post
    There are no dwarf wardens because the warden skill animations do not work with the dwarf body model. This was stated by Turbine. They did not have the resources to develop a dwarf warden when the warden was introduced. Creating a dwarf warden now would mean taking time and money away from doing other things -- like fixing bugs and creating new content.
    I am guessing they are needing to push the content out to finish the story line . They have a year to do that 2017 , plus the new server set up , they will be very busy . That being said I've been waiting for a dwarf warden since they came out with the new class . IMO Turbine could make a good bit of money making a dwarf warden . Depending on how much they made from the beorning could reflect how well a dwarf warden would do .

I won't expect to see one till after the servers have been dealt with and the main story line finished , that being said I would appreciate a hint that its another possibility for future consideration .

Excuse me!
    A dwarf warden is more plausible than the minstrel, rk and lm class in total. It is more plausible than the elven guardian. It is more plausible than hobbits in general.
    Really. Dwarves used spears as weapons. Dwarves are known for their combat experience. And they are the race that suffer the most insult from Turbine. They don't have a single unique class that elves don't have. They're pretty much spat on in the story telling. A dwarf warden would be more true to anything Tolkien ever wrote then whatever you guys swallow the loremaster with.

Inb4 team lore tries to argue with Tolkien on this, acting like know-it-alls. Its an insult that they tried argue for not having dwarf captains. Well yeah. inb4 this entire thread turns into a muck-filled cave populated by ignorance and naysayers + all the reasons why I think Tolkien-purist is a negative term.
    Last edited by Witch0King; Dec 05 2015 at 11:32 AM.