We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Icy Crevasse

Icy Crevasse

So I'm just doing skirmishes to grind out my offensive deeds before going back to my
    warden, when I get this skirmish. It's the only one I haven't done so far of the ones
    I have, so I figured it'd be no problem. Then I get into it and actually get going.

The #($& kind of skirmish is this? That buff made it impossible for me to even clear
    the counter attack on the third control point as my level 41 LM, and the kalpa-kita
    pack encounter was impossible too. It literally got to the point where I'd cc as much
    as I could, not that it really mattered too much, kill 1 mob, get defeated, run back,
    cc more, kill 1 mob, etc. I'm at -21% marks right now, and I had to give up. The
    encounter, though?

Lapa-kita scored a critical hit with a mighty melee attack on Tandrabellfor 692 Frost
    damage to Morale.

700 of 1700 morale in one hit.. no thanks.

Ranting aside, how the hell am I supposed to finish this skirmish solo? If I use the bear,
    he dies before I can really do anything. Same for me if I try tanking them myself, and
    my poor herbalist dies almost every pull since I can't tank them. Cracked Earth is
    nice, yes, but in the 10 seconds it takes for the root, I'm usually screwed. Bane Flare
    only lasts a piddly 15 seconds on a 1 min cooldown, so that's only good for short
    term cc.

I tried standing on the geysers for the extra healing, but losing that 50% extra damage
    meant I just got killed even quicker, since I wasn't doing as much damage as the mobs
    were.

Yes, this is one of the harder ones.

The enemies are getting the +damage buff too. So the basic idea is to position them on the geysers with you in the wind.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

Yeah you should find it a lot easier if you make the mobs stand on the geysers while you stand in Wind when DPS'ing and then move onto geyser when you use heals for the extra heal magnitude. That way you make the most of the area buffs while keeping their damage down. Use Wind-lore or mezz ranged mobs to handle those easier.

I wish they still made skirmishes like this one. It's the only one that's given me any sort of trouble solo on any tier.
    Or I guess I should say "wish they would continue to make them like this" seeing as there was only one skirmish released afterwards.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Okay yeah, that makes sense.. having them stand on the geysers. I don't
    mind a challenge in skirmishes/instances, but that was just ridiculous. Even
    Storm on Methedras or whatever it's called wasn't that bad.. I just didn't
    expect the little baby dragons to eat my herbalist, and then me, and then
    the ranger while I was trying to run back to save him.

Edit: Heals? On a LM? Where? 1 channeled skill on a 3min cd, 1 cast time
    morale transfer on a 30 sec cd, and a proper heal spell I don't get until 77.
    WTB heals.
    Last edited by scithen; May 02 2013 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scithen View Post
    Okay yeah, that makes sense.. having them stand on the geysers. I don't
    mind a challenge in skirmishes/instances, but that was just ridiculous. Even
    Storm on Methedras or whatever it's called wasn't that bad.. I just didn't
    expect the little baby dragons to eat my herbalist, and then me, and then
    the ranger while I was trying to run back to save him.

Edit: Heals? On a LM? Where? 1 channeled skill on a 3min cd, 1 cast time
    morale transfer on a 30 sec cd, and a proper heal spell I don't get until 77.
    WTB heals.
    What about your flank heals?
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]