We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    A Mass Transfer to YOUR Server?

    A lot of servers are dying out - especially in the Moors. Many people want action, but don't want the constant RvR and lag associated with Brandywine. I'm trying to organize those who enjoy small group PvP into picking an alternative mass transfer location, in the hopes of creating a mid-high population moors with a retained focus on small group action. I've set an arbitrary minimum of 50 people committed to transferring a character - certainly not enough to serve as a decent moors population in itself, but enough to hopefully get things started. It looks like we'll hit that number relatively soon, and now we need to get some information on what server might be the best choice as a small-group, Brandywine alternative.

    I'm curious about the state of your server. Answers to any of these questions would be much appreciated!

    1) What is the current state of your PvP? Freep dominated? Creep dominated? Flipper dominated?
    2) What is your creep population like? Are there quality tribes? Are there a decent amount of high ranked creeps left playing?
    3) What is your freep population like? PvP kins? High ranked freeps?
    4) Do you currently have Raid v Raid at peak hours?
    5) Would a mass transfer of PvP'ers be welcomed or shunned?
    6) How is your 1v1 scene here? Is it frowned upon with lots of 1v1 gankers and OOC hate? Or are there a decent amount who enjoy it?

    Thanks!

    If you're interested in joining in, please /sign here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...fer-Discussion or contact me via PM.
    Last edited by harman097; Aug 20 2014 at 05:10 PM.

  2. #2
    Hi.

    Pvp on our server is very dead and there aren't many highranks/pvp kinships/tribes playing anymore on either side. At peak hours it is lucky to even get a 10v10 going on and this happened maybe once the last 3 weeks.

    A mass transfer would definitely be welcomed and as for 1vs1 they rarely happen and there are no rules, any cd goes etc, ofc some people don't do that but the ganking and hate is very minimal atleast among people who 1v1 in this server imo.

  3. #3
    If you want my opinion, Imladris use to have really good small group action, with decent rvr. It's quieted down now, just like a lot of servers, but every few days there is some good action. A few days ago there was a 10vs12ish that lasted a good few hours. I think as long as you get a decent amount of freeps & creeps to xfer in it could definitely help jumpstart the pvp. Along with that, veteran players that have long since stopped playing could very well return if they here there's actual action again (And there are a great many who have taken breaks/quit because of how the game is going). Like I said though, if imladris got a ton of xfers i think it could go a long way to bringing the action back.

    Hopefully this helped.


    Retired
    Ona -> Confetti - r8 Burglar // Funfetti - r7 Mini (Execution - Gladden)
    Demodex - r8 Warg // Bonana Split - r11 WL(Brandywine)

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMe View Post
    If you want my opinion, Imladris use to have really good small group action, with decent rvr. It's quieted down now, just like a lot of servers, but every few days there is some good action. A few days ago there was a 10vs12ish that lasted a good few hours. I think as long as you get a decent amount of freeps & creeps to xfer in it could definitely help jumpstart the pvp. Along with that, veteran players that have long since stopped playing could very well return if they here there's actual action again (And there are a great many who have taken breaks/quit because of how the game is going). Like I said though, if imladris got a ton of xfers i think it could go a long way to bringing the action back.

    Hopefully this helped.
    What she said, and 1v1s are nice because players just set their own rules, no one is massively hated because they do certain things in 1v1. If people want to restrict themselves, generally their opponent normally does the same, same goes with if they both want to go all out. Players like to set their own rules, not necessarily follow a mass server idea of how to 1v1
    Brio - No name Guardian

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Afk in Grams/GV
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by freakb0y2 View Post
    What she said, and 1v1s are nice because players just set their own rules, no one is massively hated because they do certain things in 1v1. If people want to restrict themselves, generally their opponent normally does the same, same goes with if they both want to go all out. Players like to set their own rules, not necessarily follow a mass server idea of how to 1v1
    IMO they're not really rules, more like "fair play."

    "Thinking you can do something is confidence; doing something is competence"
    Bannerman, r11 War-Leader/
    Ryzer, r13 Captain/ Ryzur, Minstrel.
    Skill and Valour/Divide Et Impera, Landroval. .



  6. #6
    Can only support the idea. Imladris had pretty decent fights in the past. Like already mentioned the 1vs1 dont follow any common rule, mostly both parts use all they have, but if people for example see a defiler is not heal spamming most freeps dont heal themselves too and vice versa. It's also no problem to ask for no cd fights i'd say, since many creeps also have freeps and you can just talk to them. Good thing for our server is, that in all the time i played, i only once saw some form of ganking 1vs1 (i understand it as mostly wargs/burgs killing players that just sparred and are at low morale). Zerging 1vs1 has happened a few times, but i guess pretty low compared to other servers from what i've seen. (So pls make sure you dont bring this kind of people here).

    Quite a lot freeps, also high ranked ones, are just waiting for action to grow again before they get their vip back, so make sure in case you pick Imladris to bring creeps aswell (many of the creeps left here didnt play before HD) but maybe if total numbers increase, our creep veterans that didnt transfer yet will be playing more too
    Commander Eisenspalter
    Equilibrium/Joke

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    England, London.
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by harman097 View Post
    A lot of servers are dying out - especially in the Moors. Many people want action, but don't want the constant RvR and lag associated with Brandywine. I'm trying to organize those who enjoy small group PvP into picking an alternative mass transfer location, in the hopes of creating a mid-high population moors with a retained focus on small group action. I've set an arbitrary minimum of 50 people committed to transferring a character - certainly not enough to serve as a decent moors population in itself, but enough to hopefully get things started. It looks like we'll hit that number relatively soon, and now we need to get some information on what server might be the best choice as a small-group, Brandywine alternative.

    I'm curious about the state of your server. Answers to any of these questions would be much appreciated!

    1) What is the current state of your PvP? Freep dominated? Creep dominated? Flipper dominated?
    2) What is your creep population like? Are there quality tribes? Are there a decent amount of high ranked creeps left playing?
    3) What is your freep population like? PvP kins? High ranked freeps?
    4) Do you currently have Raid v Raid at peak hours?
    5) Would a mass transfer of PvP'ers be welcomed or shunned?
    6) How is your 1v1 scene here? Is it frowned upon with lots of 1v1 gankers and OOC hate? Or are there a decent amount who enjoy it?

    Thanks!

    If you're interested in joining in, please /sign here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...fer-Discussion or contact me via PM.
    Firstly, I would say this server has a lot of potential in terms of small group pvp and raid v raid. Throughout the day there are enough freeps and creeps to produce action but people have the attitude "There is going to be no action. I wont bother with the moors." Therefore I believe if you were to choose Imladris as a spot to transfer, all freeps and creeps would raise there game and be more motivated to play in the moors. A few issues I have seen are the difference in ranks between freeps and creeps. Generally, the freeps have higher ranked players which makes it hard to do gvg at times. Also, I have made level 10 toons on many servers and have played on many servers to choose the one server I believed I would enjoy to play on and which has good action, this server appealed to me most just because of the fact the community is friendly and most players are respectful in terms of 1v1s etc..

    1) I would say the current state of moors on our server would be based around 1v1s. Also from the last week or so, I believe it is slightly freep dominated however if a few freeps flipped it is quite balanced.
    2) Our creep population is fairly small right now, a lot of the higher ranked creeps havent been seen in a while.
    3) Freep population is similar to creep population i suppose. A few of the freeps also creep.
    4) RaidvRaid only happens when there are enough numbers. It can happen any times, just need numbers.. Lately it's been 2/3 a week i guess.
    5) A mass transfer is needed on imladris as long as it's for both freepside and creepside.
    6) 1v1's are great here. Most freeps and creeps restrict themselves to certain skills according to there class and skill level. A good warden doesnt use NS and healing gambits, a good defiler doesn't heal spam etc..

    Add me on steam for more info^^ PM'd you.

    -Pewpewparmdevz/Parmluk
    [center][b][color=#2B60DE][u]Silverlode[/u] - [/color][/b][b][color=green]Warg R11 Parmluk |BA R11 Pewpewparmdevz |[/color][/b][b][color=blue] WL R7 Juxxernaut |Defiler R7 Pinkplague | Reaver R7 Lifestealer | Hunter R6 Phoelix | Weaver R6 Eightleggedmutant [/color][/b][b][color=#7931DF][u]Restitution - Fractured[/u][/color][/b]
    [b][color=#2B60DE][u]Mentionable Former Servers - Imladris | Withywindle[/u][/color][/b][/center]

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload